• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Tesla in ‘Code Red Situation’ as Sell-Off Exceeds 20%

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Way too much debt there for me to get involved. I try for longer term outlooks, I'll let the Reddit day traders have their fun and cheer em on.
That's the beauty of it. Throw a small amount at it & if you loose no big deal. If they can punish the shorts and they seem hell bent on it ride it. Sell off our investment and help them with the pain. It's not about fundamentals........ it's exposing the cheats.

I said something similar on here years ago when they were settling silver contracts with extra frn's because they had no physical. Pool money. Buy a contract. Hold and demand delivery. Take the "profits" and do it again and again and again. If they delivered that's OK also.

There has to be ways to punish them. All they do is steal, manipulate, skim fees & get bonuses & slap each other on the back.
At least Buffet has to bribe the commies to let his train run oil in his little dictatorship monopoly. But that's like fining a bank 10 million for stealing 5 billion..........

Voodoo

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
That's the beauty of it. Throw a small amount at it & if you loose no big deal. If they can punish the shorts and they seem hell bent on it ride it. Sell off our investment and help them with the pain. It's not about fundamentals........ it's exposing the cheats.

I said something similar on here years ago when they were settling silver contracts with extra frn's because they had no physical. Pool money. Buy a contract. Hold and demand delivery. Take the "profits" and do it again and again and again. If they delivered that's OK also.

There has to be ways to punish them. All they do is steal, manipulate, skim fees & get bonuses & slap each other on the back.
At least Buffet has to bribe the commies to let his train run oil in his little dictatorship monopoly. But that's like fining a bank 10 million for stealing 5 billion..........
I don't know but I think concentrating on the one stock probably works best but attacking a fund's other positions has long been a strategy.

You are talking to someone who tried to take physical stock certificates in GME last year. That was too expensive now but I went and sold the shares in Etrade and bought GME direct registration shares.

Curtman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Betting against Elon Musk is like betting against Tom Brady.

It ain't going to turn out well...

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Betting against Elon Musk is like betting against Tom Brady.

It ain't going to turn out well...
Tesla seems to be finding support at 50dma now, in the last couple of years that's been a great entry point.
I'm nibbling. More concerned about the overall markets dragging Tesla down that Tesla itself.

Curtman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Okay my reply was going to be too long for your thread I'm going to put it up in my market's thread

Last edited:

Voodoo

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
We have a serious breakdown now here. Looks like I missed the short this time. Oh well. Shorted some worse Fuel Cell Energy. Not a lot though.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
We have a serious breakdown now here. Looks like I missed the short this time. Oh well. Shorted some worse Fuel Cell Energy. Not a lot though.
People have gotten devastated, shorting Tesla.

The reason being, its market cap, and its trending, have NOTHING to do with fundamentals. It's being traded completely independent of its actual value, measured in any metric.

Tesla is a cult. It's not worth a tenth of what it's trading at; but it BEING a cult, and our loony-toons government being what IT is, it's not likely to go down and very likely to be propped up, with sales incentives, bridge loans, or even open FRB buying of equity.

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Fuel cells aren't gonna win the technology race, batteries are improving fast enough it's not worth building out the infrastructure.
NKLA is a pure zombie corp.

I sold most of my position in TSLA at $695, thought for a while there it might never come back. Not gonna catch a knife.

Voodoo

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Fuel cells aren't gonna win the technology race, batteries are improving fast enough it's not worth building out the infrastructure.
NKLA is a pure zombie corp.

I sold most of my position in TSLA at $695, thought for a while there it might never come back. Not gonna catch a knife.
At least a fuel cell actually produces energy. A battery does nothing but store power to use later.

Voodoo

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
This retest of the ~50 dMA looks like an Ideal short entry. Do I have the balls? $762-$800. Think I'm gonna get me some of that.

1614224227166.png

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
At least a fuel cell actually produces energy. A battery does nothing but store power to use later.
A fuel cell does not produce energy. It is just another store of energy.
Most hydrogen today is produced by methane hydrolysis of natgas, which involves heating the gas over 700 degrees Celsius. It's less efficient than natgas vehicles, but reduces street level emissions that cause asthma & heart disease. I've ridden hydrogen busses in Tokyo. Definitely easy on the lungs compared to diesel.

I don't think it can compete economically with batteries that keep dropping in cost and getting better range/lifecycle/power density as the reach economy of scale.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
I think what's being compared, is a FUEL, to an actual source of energy.

Gasoline is a fuel. Hydrogen in a fuel-cell, is fuel.

Electricity is power, made at another point by combustion or gravity (a small, unreliable amount through wind kinetic energy). A battery soaks up that power and then stores it, a percentage of it. With considerable loss.

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I think what's being compared, is a FUEL, to an actual source of energy.

Gasoline is a fuel. Hydrogen in a fuel-cell, is fuel.

Electricity is power, made at another point by combustion or gravity (a small, unreliable amount through wind kinetic energy). A battery soaks up that power and then stores it, a percentage of it. With considerable loss.
It requires thermal energy of 700f to convert natgas to hydrogen (at a considerable loss). Then it takes considerable energy to convert hydrogen to mechanical energy (or electrical energy for a hybrid) to power a vehicle. Hydrogen and batteries are both storage of energy, not production.

The first question is which is more efficient/cost effective. The second question is which tech will scale up faster.

There's a reason basically every auto major has announced they are going all electric, and it isn't because hydrogen is going to win the technology race. Hydrogen could carve out a niche for some trucking uses, but no question BEV will win with passenger vehicles and probably with trucking, too.

Voodoo

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Most hydrogen today is produced by methane hydrolysis of natgas, which involves heating the gas over 700 degrees Celsius. It's less efficient than natgas vehicles, but reduces street level emissions that cause asthma & heart disease. I've ridden hydrogen busses in Tokyo. Definitely easy on the lungs compared to diesel.

I don't think it can compete economically with batteries that keep dropping in cost and getting better range/lifecycle/power density as the reach economy of scale.
Ok, I guess that it somewhat true. Hydrogen is the fuel and so you are storing chemical energy but the fuel cell is directly converting that to electrical energy. A battery is just storing electrical energy that is produced somewhere else. Missed my damn short entry though, really weak sign.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
There's a reason basically every auto major has announced they are going all electric, and it isn't because hydrogen is going to win the technology race. Hydrogen could carve out a niche for some trucking uses, but no question BEV will win with passenger vehicles and probably with trucking, too.
There are two reasons why.

First, "Woke" management; and second, arm-twisting by the Deep State. Corporate leadership has turned on their customers. Because they don't believe they have to please their customers - only Big Brother.

Government wants those stupid things because it will be easier with them, to control, limit and discourage their use. Everything from a central turn-off via the Mothership, over the airwaves, the way Tesla has it, to brownouts and electricity rationing...that could easily be used to exclude private personal vehicles.

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Ok, I guess that it somewhat true. Hydrogen is the fuel and so you are storing chemical energy but the fuel cell is directly converting that to electrical energy. A battery is just storing electrical energy that is produced somewhere else. Missed my damn short entry though, really weak sign.
Too bad you missed it. Yeah, looks really weak. I'd like to see a retest of the low $600's before going long.

Voodoo

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Really important support here at the 18 week MA. $669.53. It's only been below that level 4 weeks last March during the pandemic, for the whole breakout since Sep 2019.