• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Tesla in ‘Code Red Situation’ as Sell-Off Exceeds 20%

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I doubt range is effectively any different.
The verbal claims made suggest that range and charge times bring them to within competitive range of petrol.

I really have no clue as to what technical issues might scupper them but there and many working on it and really, someone will work it out. Not so long ago battery tools really sucked... now look @ the amazing range off the back of lithium cells. Frankly I expect that at some point cars will make the same step forward.

Last edited:

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
that is so true Zed,
many tradesman on the sites now are almost fully battery electric,

whereas before we would have air lines and electric cords going all over the place.

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
This is nuts. They announced an SEC investigation, Raising $2 Billion by selling new stock, and its UP $40 today. :dduck::bomb 1:

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
This is nuts. They announced an SEC investigation, Raising $2 Billion by selling new stock, and its UP $40 today. :dduck::bomb 1:
Dilute the stock and it rallies. Go figure.

I am still expecting Tesla to take a hit along with the broader global economy due to coronavirus.

Friend in Beijing says it's a ghost town.

The world's largest economy is shutting down.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
many tradesman on the sites now are almost fully battery electric,
Cords bug me, so much so I'm thinking of just shelving most of my gear and committing mostly to battery tools. I've been tossing up which brand for a couple of years now, confused over the range and proficiency of the tools I use most. Frankly I'd like to cherry pick the various offerings AND now I discover I can because battery adapters are available!

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

They also do ni-cd to lithium so I can dig out the old Makitas I have somewhere!

Last edited:

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Dilute the stock and it rallies. Go figure.

I am still expecting Tesla to take a hit along with the broader global economy due to coronavirus.

Friend in Beijing says it's a ghost town.

TSLA is a symptom here IMO, it should go south with the rest of the market. --> JMO.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
All you need is coke, a stupid fast lecky car (well fast for a few minutes before bricking it) and a hooker! Then it will all make sense... @ least until you wake up tomorrow broke and alone in a town with no supercharger! LOL.

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Thanks for posting. This was right up my alley. My research group had long worked on alkali solid state electrolytes. Of course I was tasked with making a proton solid state conductor which turned out to be an entirely different animal.

I do remember posting about the Goodenough breakthrough on the other site a couple years ago but I dont remember very well. I'll try and dig it up but it may be gone because I was too racist for those snowflakes. That word also got banned, lol.

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
This was announced back in 2017.

https://news.utexas.edu/2017/02/28/goodenough-introduces-new-battery-technology/

Here is the actual paper that I found very interesting. I had never seen Cl in these glasses. Although I did try messing with some F but again I was trying to get fricking protons to move. We had lots of glasses 20 years ago but I think the best we could do was 10-3 with Na or Ag ions. They were also unstable in air so that's a problem.

https://pubs.rsc.org/-/content/articlehtml/2016/ee/c6ee02888h

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
They also do ni-cd to lithium so I can dig out the old Makitas I have somewhere!
If you ever get the time... peruse AvE's videos. He tears down tools and whatnot and analyses them for quality... or not.

He also does batteries...

However, for raw power, you can't beat the pixies coming out of the wall with a battery....

Zed

Intergalactic Chart Arse
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
If you ever get the time... peruse AvE's videos. He tears down tools and whatnot and analyses them for quality... or not.

He also does batteries...

However, for raw power, you can't beat the pixies coming out of the wall with a battery....
I love his stuff!