• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Tesla in ‘Code Red Situation’ as Sell-Off Exceeds 20%

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
and then brush my teeth with his shit....

:totally steamed:
that's how they stay so pearly white...

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
[QUOTE="Voodoo, post: 1923683, member: 159"

The main point I take from that article, this doesn't really affect Tesla that much. They don't own or create this technology and any competitor could purchase the same batteries. So while it would help EV's I don't think its a huge Tesla win. They also offer ZERO info on this supposed advance.[/QUOTE]

True, competitors can purchase same batteries, and looks like GM is planning to do so. However, let's remember that Tesla gobbled up 70-80% of EV market share with basically off-the-shelf batteries from Panasonic. Nobody can compete with Tesla on the software or electronics that surround the batteries, because they make it all themselves, down to their own processing chips. Tesla isn't really competing with other electric car makers, they are competing with ICE's. This battery is likely the tipping point where it becomes a no-brainer for the average consumer to buy and EV, and Tesla dominates that category.

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
[QUOTE="Voodoo, post: 1923683, member: 159"

The main point I take from that article, this doesn't really affect Tesla that much. They don't own or create this technology and any competitor could purchase the same batteries. So while it would help EV's I don't think its a huge Tesla win. They also offer ZERO info on this supposed advance.

True, competitors can purchase same batteries, and looks like GM is planning to do so. However, let's remember that Tesla gobbled up 70-80% of EV market share with basically off-the-shelf batteries from Panasonic. Nobody can compete with Tesla on the software or electronics that surround the batteries, because they make it all themselves, down to their own processing chips. Tesla isn't really competing with other electric car makers, they are competing with ICE's. This battery is likely the tipping point where it becomes a no-brainer for the average consumer to buy and EV, and Tesla dominates that category.
Their technology is not that great. Competitors will eat their market share. Tesla's advantage has been that their shareholders haven't cared if they make a profit on the cars. Hence they have been putting the things together by hand in tents.

Then I see this article that at the same time as touting these "million mile" batteries they go and sign a new 3 YEAR agreement with Panasonic. :don't know:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/tesla-panasonic-agree-three-battery-051442193.html

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
the tell...

Then I see this article that at the same time as touting these "million mile" batteries they go and sign a new 3 YEAR agreement with Panasonic.

and the investors ignore this and continue to jump aboard...

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Their technology is not that great. Competitors will eat their market share. Tesla's advantage has been that their shareholders haven't cared if they make a profit on the cars. Hence they have been putting the things together by hand in tents.

Then I see this article that at the same time as touting these "million mile" batteries they go and sign a new 3 YEAR agreement with Panasonic. :don't know:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/tesla-panasonic-agree-three-battery-051442193.html
What that says, is that the million mile battery is at least 4 years away. Likely more.

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
i just have a difficult time believing this company can remain liquid for another 4 years...

this is absolutely bizzaro world...

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GM is now worried about social issues & oh yea said it will sell 1 million EV's by 2025.

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Meanwhile Nikola is plunging because they exaggerated the ability of their electric truck. No kidding, anyone with some knowledge knows it wasnt possible. Physics is physics besides these promoters hot air.

The bounce from this may just be my short entry point.

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
This is supposedly the "superior" technology of these guys. So many examples I barely have to look. I just love when my car computer crashes in the middle of driving, and not even a crash but a pushed update. Thanks a lot.

https://www.zerohedge.com/technology/tesla-model-3-china-goes-flames-due-unresponsive-brake-system

The vehicle was reportedly traveling at 127 km/h before the driver lost control due to the braking system failure. As of now, it is unknown whether or not the driver survived the wreck.

Internet users are speculating that "a system upgrade automatically started while the car was driving" but no definitive cause of the crash has been confirmed yet.

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
these things are better than cartoon cars which require the driver to actually drive over a cliff and roll at least once before bursting into flames...

Ragnarok

I'd rather be
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
I think if Nikola was here he’d jump on quantum glass batteries and a car for the masses. Tesla spent way too much trying to do everything at once.

R.

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Screen Shot 2020-07-01 at 11.13.56 PM.png

Curtman

Silver Member
Silver Miner

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

last year he was in trouble for saying his stock should be at 420...

it's nearly triple that...

What A Country!

Get a subsidy, create a small order of widgets and the company stock price shoots to the moon...

What A Country!

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner

What A Country!

Get a subsidy, create a small order of widgets and the company stock price shoots to the moon...

What A Country!
The stawk market is now going to go nowhere but up.

Thank Robbin' Hood's app and your friendly Fed.

Onward and upward, until the dollar itself disintegrates - and we find ourselves beset by NPCs, everywhere.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
then it will go poof....
Pretty much.

But, given the mindset...or lack...of today's Millennials, it might take some time. A LONG time.

Have you tracked Hertz' stock?

Do you know what Hertz has done in the last month? Let it suffice, Hertz is hurting. They HAVE FILED Chapter 11 - and will be liquidated to pay creditors.

But thanks to pot-using Millennials with Robbin' Hood apps, the (worthless) stock is setting price records.

Which puzzles me, twice. First, it used to be, when a company filed Bankruptcy proceedings, trading in the stock was suspended.

Second, with all the "service outages" with Robbin' Hood...always when the market is heading downward, in momentary confusion, forgetting Daddy Jerome with his printing press...why, with these suspicious "problems," does ANYONE even trade with that ripoff idiot app?

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

What A Country!

What A Country!
Tesla buyers no longer receives any federal tax credits. And they are still whooping the competition that do receive the credits.
Tesla does benefit from some state tax credits or incentives to build factories.

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Tesla buyers no longer receives any federal tax credits. And they are still whooping the competition that do receive the credits.
Tesla does benefit from some state tax credits or incentives to build factories.
Tesla has benefited from .gov subsidies since it's inception...property that is tax free, production that is tax free...etc...

make no mistake, without our collective tax monies, from the city to county to state to fed, Tesla would not exist...

Curtman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Pretty much.

But, given the mindset...or lack...of today's Millennials, it might take some time. A LONG time.

Have you tracked Hertz' stock?

Do you know what Hertz has done in the last month? Let it suffice, Hertz is hurting. They HAVE FILED Chapter 11 - and will be liquidated to pay creditors.

But thanks to pot-using Millennials with Robbin' Hood apps, the (worthless) stock is setting price records.

Which puzzles me, twice. First, it used to be, when a company filed Bankruptcy proceedings, trading in the stock was suspended.

Second, with all the "service outages" with Robbin' Hood...always when the market is heading downward, in momentary confusion, forgetting Daddy Jerome with his printing press...why, with these suspicious "problems," does ANYONE even trade with that ripoff idiot app?
Hertz aint going nowhere

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Tesla has benefited from .gov subsidies since it's inception...property that is tax free, production that is tax free...etc...

make no mistake, without our collective tax monies, from the city to county to state to fed, Tesla would not exist...
Tesla is the archtypical Zombie Corporation.

An incoherent business plan. A mission based on emotive, science-free, fact-free Narrative - of how "fossil fuels" are "destroying the planet" and the solution is "electric cars." Which have ten times the environmental impact, drawing board to scrapyard.

And a cult of personality in corporate leadership. St. Elon of Musk. Everything he does is good; and it's all good because he does it.

And all his flaws, and he has many, many such...are ignored.

Curtman

Silver Member
Silver Miner

Yea, all the while fighting California.
They will take the whole china market.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Hertz aint going nowhere
What do you mean? Hertz, the corporation, is GONE.

That's what bankruptcy IS. The corporation, as it was, ceases to exist. It is to be liquidated or sold intact - as the lawyers, creditors, and Trustees decide to do with the ESTATE.

That's why that term is used in Bankruptcy proceedings. The Estate is the property that remains once creditors force a corporation to be shut down, with their claims on the business.

Now, Hertz the name, may remain. It's possible they'll reverse their decision to liquidate, and sell the property intact.

But shareholders are last in line, and as things stand now for Hertz, once creditors are paid off there is nothing for the stock shareholders.

Curtman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
He sure's talking Wall street for a ride keeping the guessing is good strategy.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
He sure's talking Wall street for a ride keeping the guessing is good strategy.
If you think that's what investing is about.

To me, that's what a swindle is about.

Legitimate investment, starts with an understood business model; proceeds to open books and audited finances; and, if the business is running, a demonstration of marketplace acceptance and profitability.

Those are all alien concepts to the Robbin' Hood "investors."

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Tesla is the archtypical Zombie Corporation.

An incoherent business plan. A mission based on emotive, science-free, fact-free Narrative - of how "fossil fuels" are "destroying the planet" and the solution is "electric cars." Which have ten times the environmental impact, drawing board to scrapyard.

And a cult of personality in corporate leadership. St. Elon of Musk. Everything he does is good; and it's all good because he does it.

And all his flaws, and he has many, many such...are ignored.
But hey, the Cult leader is taunting the

Su__
Elon
Coc_

Curtman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Well I don't know what I guess I should have said something I don't know what you're talking about but I was talking about Tesla and that quote you got up there above me.
And I talk that hurts several times and I called him after if you posted talk to him again. So I don't think I need to tell you but I will remind you anyway chapter 11 bankruptcy is just to restructure and it keeps the enemy at the gate they will dig out or they'll be taken out but I'm not afraid of them I'm going to add more to him next week I got all my liquid working and I almost sold American airlines today and I pulled the trigger on it a little higher than it was so if it creeped up there I would be selling at the open when I get out of there and I'll go look it up some more and all of a sudden 45 minutes earlier posted a news article saying that they're cutting jobs which is a good thing because whether it's a jobs or equity if you sell it the socks usually goes up Michael Milken taught you that and then an art another article popped up said owe the federal government's bailing out these for companies and American airlines was number one they're the largest one there and they're going to get back in for the paying off debt from them and and it'll be restructured eventually paying the government off but the pressure be off.they have a lot of flights booked and they're not doing a empty seat between either they're going for the full can of sardines so and they should be making money again soon and I think the stock might go up so I'm looking at it now is maybe a by not a cell but my drop back a little bit just from panic people don't read between the lines if it doesn't I'll certainly buy more. The worst that can happen is United or Delta bicep there flea and assets. Maybe even if Junior JetBlue could use them

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

Legitimate investment, starts with an understood business model; proceeds to open books and audited finances; and, if the business is running, a demonstration of marketplace acceptance and profitability.

They apparently just LOVE leveraging their money to not buy stocks but Call Options. Better than counting cards while it works. I was looking at the Tesla options yesterday. I can't believe how active those were. They were still trading the $5 strike price options. :don't    know2: which had an implied volatility of >2,000%.:laughing:

Last edited:

Curtman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I like Elon musk I believe in his business model it's slippery and oily but that's what it takes to get where you want to be with the Wall Street people over your head

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Yea, all the while fighting California.
They will take the whole china market.
but, let's remember how the toilet flushes...subsidized money,no profits...it's 'our money' he's using to fight the State and to move his production to Texas, and to build in China...did i miss anything?

Where the hell is my dividend???

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

An investment should last long term. Swindles will blow up sooner rather than later. Tesla is not going to last in this form very long. But we just don't know how long the market can stay irrational.

Curtman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
but, let's remember how the toilet flushes...subsidized money,no profits...it's 'our money' he's using to fight the State and to move his production to Texas, and to build in China...did i miss anything?

Where the hell is my dividend???
Buck, let's get back to the f****** sense of it all I'm not here to talk ethics I don't give a s*** about ethics I don't give a s*** about morals in the market I give a s*** about prophet and I'm that's what I'm here for and I tell you what he makes money and he's going to make money for a long time I don't care where he gets the money from I don't care where he builds the cars I don't care where he sells the cars he's got other programs going to he's making money yeah he's taking government money but wasn't me would you rather go to some greaser that comes across the boarder?
I don't care about any of that s*** all I care is the percentage I make that's all I care about.
You're a good guy though I just think you forgot that principle of the matter here for the moment it's about profit that's it I'm going back up to my thread where I belong. I don't want to get no argument so nobody I ain't got time for that s***.

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
you know, i'm playing 'devils advocate' here, nothing from nothing means 'something' now, i get it, and because we all know this will only last so long, others have said it to, i do too...

Get It While You Can...

yeah he's taking government money but wasn't me would you rather go to some greaser that comes across the boarder?
this is my only point:
My Money Would Be Better Off In My Pocket and i abhor the thought of anyone telling me otherwise...it's MY MONEY and for me to walk away from any thought of: "It's ending up in someone else's pocket, and i can't stop that..."

that pisses me off, that's Theft...

get the profits, no doubt, but, don't think I can ever sanction theft, ever

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
My biggest problem in the markets is trying to be "right". Making money is making money. But I just can't go with the crowd so buying the rips is not in my DNA. I'm much better suited to short selling or finding these mis-allocations and waiting for the right time to invest.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Well I don't know what I guess I should have said something I don't know what you're talking about but I was talking about Tesla and that quote you got up there above me.
And I talk that hurts several times and I called him after if you posted talk to him again. So I don't think I need to tell you but I will remind you anyway chapter 11 bankruptcy is just to restructure and it keeps the enemy at the gate they will dig out or they'll be taken out but I'm not afraid of them I'm going to add more to him next week I got all my liquid working and I almost sold American airlines today and I pulled the trigger on it a little higher than it was so if it creeped up there I would be selling at the open when I get out of there and I'll go look it up some more and all of a sudden 45 minutes earlier posted a news article saying that they're cutting jobs which is a good thing because whether it's a jobs or equity if you sell it the socks usually goes up Michael Milken taught you that and then an art another article popped up said owe the federal government's bailing out these for companies and American airlines was number one they're the largest one there and they're going to get back in for the paying off debt from them and and it'll be restructured eventually paying the government off but the pressure be off.they have a lot of flights booked and they're not doing a empty seat between either they're going for the full can of sardines so and they should be making money again soon and I think the stock might go up so I'm looking at it now is maybe a by not a cell but my drop back a little bit just from panic people don't read between the lines if it doesn't I'll certainly buy more. The worst that can happen is United or Delta bicep there flea and assets. Maybe even if Junior JetBlue could use them
It's more than "restructure."

Ownership is taken from the shareholders; and assets are sold - in pieces or in total, but to pay creditors and bondholders. IF there is any left once all debts are settled, the stockholders get the crumbs.

Yes, the names frequently carry on. A business name is an asset, as much as the delivery trucks or office tower. A lot of times, a business has a legitimate chance to make a profit but was crippled by mismanagement and debt. Ergo, the business continues.

Ownership does not. Which is why there are IPOs, often, after these "restructurings." Or, alternately, a distressed-business venture capital firm will buy it out intact, run it for some time, and then sell it.

But, we could go down the list. Continental Airlines: Frank Lorenzo lost all his equity in that, after their final bankruptcy in the 1980s. Continental continued as a new corporate entity. Lorenzo had to find something else to do - all he got out of that, beyond his salary for prior years, was a ban from the FAA in future ownership of any American air carrier.

Chrysler: Owned by Cerberus Capital, after Daimler basically gave it away for assuming liabilities. After the 2009 bankruptcy, Cerberus had nothing. They didn't pay much to get it, but operating costs added up, and they got a goose egg for it.

Sears: Eddie Lampert managed to keep control, because he was not only the biggest shareholder (lost that) but the biggest creditor (his hedge fund loaned Sears considerable money over the years) . As the biggest creditor, he approved a restructuring that would allow his hedge-fund's debt to be converted into ownership of the reorganized Sears. I thought that conflict-of-interest was illegal, but I guess not.

GM: Ask any pensioner who had money invested in GM prior to the Reign of Hussein. They were WIPED OUT. The buildings and the patents and brands, continued. The ownership was all new - and the books cooked in the political Quick-Rinse bankruptcy.

On and on.

So, those kids buying Hertz shares, are throwing their money away.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
They apparently just LOVE leveraging their money to not buy stocks but Call Options. Better than counting cards while it works. I was looking at the Tesla options yesterday. I can't believe how active those were. They were still trading the $5 strike price options. :don't    know2: which had an implied volatility of >2,000%.:laughing:
I gotta admit: Put and Call options, are something I don't understand. Not yet and probably never.

IMHO, it's little different from gambling - but any investment should be based on fundamentals. When there are no fundamentals, only the caprices and whims of the regulators and manipulators, Central Banks and the Administrative State...that's when I fold, or pass the game by.

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/its-...e-else-is-paying-rent-dan-ives-165237352.html
'It's Tesla's world and everyone else is paying rent':
analyst Brian SozziEditor-at-Large,Yahoo Finance•July 2, 2020

0:45 7:42

Wedbush raises Tesla bull case to $2,000/share

Tesla’s stock (TSLA) has turned into a runaway beast, and what gets it back into the cage is a giant unknown right now.

Shares of the electric automaker have surged 183% year-to-date, with 80% of that eye-popping gain coming in the past three months, according to Yahoo Finance Premium data. The push higher comes amid optimism on Tesla’s future business in China but also the pace of recovery in the U.S. as production at the company’s Fremont, Calif. facility gets back up and running post COVID-19.

At this point, noted Tesla bull Dan Ives of Wedbush Securities, Tesla stands alone in the electric auto market. “It’s Tesla’s world, and everyone else is paying rent,” said Ives on Yahoo Finance’s The First Trade.

Tesla’s surprisingly solid delivery numbers out Thursday underscore the point.

The company said it delivered 90,650 cars in the second quarter, trouncing Wall Street estimates for 72,000. In the first quarter, Tesla delivered 88,496 cars. Importantly, Tesla pointed out it has successfully ramped production back up at Fremont to pre-COVID closure levels.

Tesla shares rose as much as 9% on the news.

This photo shows vehicles in the parking lot of the Tesla electric car plant Wednesday, May 13, 2020, in Fremont, Calif. The Alameda County Public Health Department announced on Twitter late Tuesday that the Fremont, California, plant will be able to go beyond basic operations this week and start making vehicles Monday, as long as it delivers on worker safety precautions that it agreed to. (AP Photo/Ben Margot)
This photo shows vehicles in the parking lot of the Tesla electric car plant Wednesday, May 13, 2020, in Fremont, Calif. The Alameda County Public Health Department announced on Twitter late Tuesday that the Fremont, California, plant will be able to go beyond basic operations this week and start making vehicles Monday, as long as it delivers on worker safety precautions that it agreed to. (AP Photo/Ben Margot)
More
Moments before the delivery numbers, Ives reiterated his $1,250 price target on Tesla’s stock —a Wall Street high. He has a bull case of $2,000 on Tesla, second to only Cathy Wood at Ark Investments in terms of super bullish outlooks for the company.

Ives said he was impressed by the delivery numbers and remains upbeat on Tesla’s long-term outlook.

“I think if you look at these delivery numbers, it speaks to what I believe is on the horizon. I think you’re looking at what’s going to be a million delivered vehicles in the next two to three years,” he said. “But the big piece is China. The China market in our opinion is worth $300 to $400 per share.”

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Q:
Have they fixed the 'self-immolation' feature yet?

They really should offer an option to 'turn that feature off'

just saying...

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I see a stock split in the future. To big for many to play............ but maybe pensions finds are on hopium.