• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Tesla in ‘Code Red Situation’ as Sell-Off Exceeds 20%

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Buck, let's get back to the f****** sense of it all I'm not here to talk ethics I don't give a s*** about ethics I don't give a s*** about morals in the market I give a s*** about prophet and I'm that's what I'm here for and I tell you what he makes money and he's going to make money for a long time I don't care where he gets the money from I don't care where he builds the cars I don't care where he sells the cars he's got other programs going to he's making money yeah he's taking government money but wasn't me would you rather go to some greaser that comes across the boarder?
I don't care about any of that s*** all I care is the percentage I make that's all I care about.
You're a good guy though I just think you forgot that principle of the matter here for the moment it's about profit that's it I'm going back up to my thread where I belong. I don't want to get no argument so nobody I ain't got time for that s***.
Curtman: May I politely beg you to USE SOME FARGIN PUNCTUATION.

And: Any sentence that comes out looking like Jack Kerouac wrote it (600 words or more) is unreadable. That zeitgeist was in the 1950's...

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
It's more than "restructure."

Ownership is taken from the shareholders; and assets are sold - in pieces or in total, but to pay creditors and bondholders. IF there is any left once all debts are settled, the stockholders get the crumbs.

Yes, the names frequently carry on. A business name is an asset, as much as the delivery trucks or office tower. A lot of times, a business has a legitimate chance to make a profit but was crippled by mismanagement and debt. Ergo, the business continues.

Ownership does not. Which is why there are IPOs, often, after these "restructurings." Or, alternately, a distressed-business venture capital firm will buy it out intact, run it for some time, and then sell it.

But, we could go down the list. Continental Airlines: Frank Lorenzo lost all his equity in that, after their final bankruptcy in the 1980s. Continental continued as a new corporate entity. Lorenzo had to find something else to do - all he got out of that, beyond his salary for prior years, was a ban from the FAA in future ownership of any American air carrier.

Chrysler: Owned by Cerberus Capital, after Daimler basically gave it away for assuming liabilities. After the 2009 bankruptcy, Cerberus had nothing. They didn't pay much to get it, but operating costs added up, and they got a goose egg for it.

Sears: Eddie Lampert managed to keep control, because he was not only the biggest shareholder (lost that) but the biggest creditor (his hedge fund loaned Sears considerable money over the years) . As the biggest creditor, he approved a restructuring that would allow his hedge-fund's debt to be converted into ownership of the reorganized Sears. I thought that conflict-of-interest was illegal, but I guess not.

GM: Ask any pensioner who had money invested in GM prior to the Reign of Hussein. They were WIPED OUT. The buildings and the patents and brands, continued. The ownership was all new - and the books cooked in the political Quick-Rinse bankruptcy.

On and on.

So, those kids buying Hertz shares, are throwing their money away.
Now there's a scumbag. The one stock I'm currently short he was heavily involved in. Similar price as Tesla but none of the Robinhood fanboys. Not working yet but that thing is destined for bankruptcy.

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Q:
Have they fixed the 'self-immolation' feature yet?

They really should offer an option to 'turn that feature off'

just saying...
NTSA rated the model 3 as the safest car it's ever tested.
In case you haven't noticed, ICE vehicles explode, too.
But whatever, you want to hate the company and hate on electric cars, please do.
Please short it if you are so convinced of your position.
I'm sitting on a 136% annual return in my IRA, mostly thanks to Tesla.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
But whatever, you want to hate the company and hate on electric cars, please do.
NHTSA...government agency...?

The same government that's printing fiat like trading stamps?

The same government that told us what a killer Beer Virus was?

The same government that will NOT crush this insurrection of revolutionaries?

...getting onboard with the Cult of St. Elon?

Say it isn't SO!

How many self-immolating Teslas do you need to see on security cams, to finally realize, these things are a ripoff and a health menace, no matter what our bought regulators in goobermint tell us to think?

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

wow, i had no idea you're 'kicking ass'

good luck with that but, you're too emotionally connected to 'the brag', be careful...

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
NHTSA...government agency...?

The same government that's printing fiat like trading stamps?

The same government that told us what a killer Beer Virus was?

The same government that will NOT crush this insurrection of revolutionaries?

...getting onboard with the Cult of St. Elon?

Say it isn't SO!

How many self-immolating Teslas do you need to see on security cams, to finally realize, these things are a ripoff and a health menace, no matter what our bought regulators in goobermint tell us to think?
reminds me:
I'm now using Lion batteries in my B&D home tool set up. changed over from 18v nicads to 20v lions using an adapter on my tools, works great but, the batteries get 'hot' from use, really hot sometimes, and the chargers have a device on them that notices high-temps and will not allow the pack to charge until it cools down...i realize, any one of these battery packs i have, can burst into flames at any time and I have no previous notification, no early warning.

That DOES jeopardize my house and I am aware of that, i'm not told about it, except in the Fine Print, but, i've physically accepted a self-igniting element into my house, and need to treat it with the respect it deserves.

now, how about i have a Tesla parked in my garage...how many smoke detectors should i buy? Should I install a Fire Suppression System? What Type? Water doesn't work, so, it's got to be a halon type, sucks all the oxygen out of the room, but those are illegal...oh, what to dooooo????

I'm going to go out now and change my 'charge station' to another location...typing this has motivated me...

tesla cars....pffftttt
i don't need a go kart that goes 120+mph in a second...I just don't need it, nor can I afford it...it's even got it's own elitist tag attached...yeah, the price...

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
tesla cars....pffftttt
i don't need a go kart that goes 120+mph in a second...I just don't need it, nor can I afford it...it's even got it's own elitist tag attached...yeah, the price...
I don't need one either. But there's 100 million Chinese who do.

As for affordability, the 5 year total cost of ownership a Model 3 beats a Toyota Camry and Cybertruck beats F150 due to lower fuel cost and much lower maintenance costs.

In other news, the shorts are not having a good day.
Gap up.

sc.png

https://www.tmz.com/2020/07/05/elon-musk-tesla-short-shorts-sells-sold-out-minutes/
"ELON MUSK
PEDDLES TESLA SHORT-SHORTS ...
Sells Out in Minutes!!!

7/5/2020 1:30 PM PT
BREAKING NEWS

Tesla
Elon Musk just dipped his toe into the fashion world -- via his car company, Tesla -- and the man might have a new career on his hands ... 'cause his new streetwear sold out.

The Tesla CEO followed through with a promise he made on Twitter the other day after his company's Q2 profit figures outperformed Wall Street's expectations, sending Tesla stock soaring ... much to the chagrin of short sellers who were betting against EM and co.

The guy said he was gonna roll out a line of Tesla short-shorts as a tongue-in-cheek slight at those same short sellers as well as the SEC (with which he's had beef and legal trouble before) ... and lo and behold, he freaking did it this weekend. Then, he broke his own site.

Screen Shot 2020-07-06 at 7.58.33 AM.png

Elon announced the Tesla short-shorts were for sale Sunday on the company's official site, and they were going for the low price of "$69.420." A few minutes after he tweeted it out, their entire line in every size was sold out. He noticed, saying ... "Dang, we broke the website."

Look, we honestly can't tell if this is just a huge PR stunt with no actual fibers behind it -- but on the face of it, this appears to be a real thing Elon and Tesla sold out of almost as quickly as they launched it. The guy's obviously trolling, but he's doing it at new heights.

The dude's net worth jumped about $20 billion over the past few months, so he's definitely got time and dough to screw with people. From the outside looking it ... this is badass."

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
WHY is this company's management so obsessed with short-sellers?

What do short-sellers have to do with ANY aspect of their business?

Or could it be that St. Elon the Musky, doesn't understand the stawk mahket, any more than the Robbed Hood app-traders do?

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
WHY is this company's management so obsessed with short-sellers?

What do short-sellers have to do with ANY aspect of their business?

Or could it be that St. Elon the Musky, doesn't understand the stawk mahket, any more than the Robbed Hood app-traders do?
Because their business is building a cult and manipulating the stock price. They could care less about making money building cars. That's a chumps business.

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
That is quite the two days for Tesla. This looks like an excellent short opportunity, which is why I probably won't be able to short any shares. Really wish I could find some mini-options that were for 10 shares instead of 100 shares. That's just too out sized a position even a put spread for my trading account size. Look at the decline in RSI strength from the last peak to today. I'll let this die down and look for an opportunity.

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
anyone can be a salesman, part of why Must stands out is because no one else is doing this...everyone else COULD BE doing this schtick, but few are willing to be the 'complete showman'

to sell refrigerators to eskimos is not an actual character trait...it's the absence of having any honor

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
let's just look under the tent, just a bit...

guy makes money with a banking system, and on-line banking system...like Bill Gates, suddenly he becomes this 'hyper-genius' and he's now great at making cars, electric cars, he's so good, he's a solar expert (o.k., electricity), he's great with batteries, he's great with pot and whiskey, he's great at making money, he's great at taking our tax money, he's such a genius, he's even got his own rocket company...

think about it...Bill Gates as a Ring-Leader...

"Look Over Here"...

the real Tesla would be ashamed

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Because their business is building a cult and manipulating the stock price. They could care less about making money building cars. That's a chumps business.
4 consecutive quarters of profitability selling cars, all the while making large capital investments in new factory equipment and R&D.
Tesla cruised right through the pandemic on autopilot while the rest of auto industry is looking at 25% decline in sales for 2020.

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
4 consecutive quarters of profitability selling cars, all the while making large capital investments in new factory equipment and R&D.
Tesla cruised right through the pandemic on autopilot while the rest of auto industry is looking at 25% decline in sales for 2020.
Don't that have more to do with clientele than the other companies.

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Clearly this thing is being manipulated and they are using the options markets to do so. Someone bought 5,000 options at the $2,000 strike and another 5000 call options at the $2,500 strike. And get this, they are the July options and they Expire in SEVEN days. Yet it spikes the stock because (likely algos) start chasing the thing.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/t...someone-panic-buys-massively-otm-call-options

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Clearly this thing is being manipulated and they are using the options markets to do so. Someone bought 5,000 options at the $2,000 strike and another 5000 call options at the $2,500 strike. And get this, they are the July options and they Expire in SEVEN days. Yet it spikes the stock because (likely algos) start chasing the thing.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/t...someone-panic-buys-massively-otm-call-options
Rumor is they are going to be listed on the S&P soon, which will force a large number of index funds to buy Tesla.
Tesla would be immediately be the 15th largest company by market cap in the S&P.
Not sure what total capitalization of all index funds are, but north of a half trillion dollars, and they will be forced to allocate to Tesla according to market cap. There aren't many cases of a company with such large market cap being added to the S&P. Yahoo is once comparison. It jumped by 67% when it got listed.

If that's announced. $2k is not unrealistic. $1.5k already.

Last edited:

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Rumor is they are going to be listed on the S&P soon, which will force a large number of index funds to buy Tesla.
Tesla would be immediately be the 15th largest company by market cap in the S&P.
Not sure what total capitalization of all index funds are, but north of a half trillion dollars, and they will be forced to allocate to Tesla according to market cap. There aren't many cases of a company with such large market cap being added to the S&P. Yahoo is once comparison. It jumped by 67% when it got listed.

If that's announced. $2k is not unrealistic. $1.5k already.
I mean anything is possible with a short squeeze, especially with manipulation. No index buying is going to cause a $600 increase in a week. That's just complete stupidity.

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I mean anything is possible with a short squeeze, especially with manipulation. No index buying is going to cause a $600 increase in a week. That's just complete stupidity.
No, but the hedge funds will want to be in position before the institutional buying begins.

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
No, but the hedge funds will want to be in position before the institutional buying begins.
Please, you don't actually believe these things do you? There is no way the S&P 500 wants to add a stock like this in a giant bubble. Adding it now would create a collapse of the index when it reverts back to even close to sanity. This is just a scam pulling in dumb money. Perhaps even more dirty underneath the surface.

This thing is up 10 fold in about 1 year and in the middle of a shut-down economy and pandemic. Yep, perfectly normal.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/welcome-blinders-stock-market

1594486830321.png

The chase into individual stocks in complete disregard of the historic valuation expansion is something to behold, $TSLA being one of the poster children of this time:

Last edited:

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Does this mean other companies who come out with EV's will do the same?

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Didnt it just recently go up by $400 in a week or so?

Whats another $600?

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Does this mean other companies who come out with EV's will do the same?
I'm a bull, so take it FWIW...

Lots of EV's out there. Every 6 months there's a new "Tesla killer" being touted. None of them live up to the hype.
Nobody else sells pure EV's at a profit.

In practice nobody so far has been able to beat Tesla in terms of the ratio of price/ to range/efficiency/performance.
If you want to look simply at cost, range and efficiency:

They are years ahead of the competition on technology and economy of scale. They have moved so aggressively to scale up that they look like they aren't making any money. In fact, they are plowing billions back into R&D and new factories.

Those gaps are getting wider, not narrower, especially in the area of self-driving because nearly a million Tesla's out there are providing billions of miles of road data to the machine learning process. I think they will have full self-driving by 2021, maybe late 2020. It will be years before the competition catches up if they ever do. There may be another disruptive company to unseat them eventually. In my opinion Tesla owns the next decade.

I've taken profits and riding "free shares" not adding here, but might on a pullback.

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
2-300 mile range is fine for most people & is at the point where it makes sense. I read another place where a charge takes less than an hour on a commercial charger. So even on a long trip if chargers are available that's OK.

My problem is what is the range with the AC or heater on? How about the defroster?

It's to the point I would like to see a small engine that could be used as a heat source, run AC and / or become a range extender.

Guy at work has a Leaf. Lots of positives but most of them depend on your lifestyle or how you want to use it. I still can't picture myself having only one EV car for transportation with these issues. I would need a gas car also. Although with the world in it's current lock down / hold patters no one is doing much of anything.

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Those cost efficiencies are just getting better for the consumers. This news is completely incompatible with a $150 rise in the stock price yesterday/Friday.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/tesla-slashes-model-y-crossover-131648024.html

Tesla (TSLA) has slashed the price for its Model Y crossover by $3,000 to $49,990 from $52,990 previously. The move comes less than four months after Tesla started delivering the vehicle in mid-March.
It is also not the first price cut of late. Tesla reduced the price for the Model S and the Model X by $5,000 and $2,000 respectively in May.

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Those cost efficiencies are just getting better for the consumers. This news is completely incompatible with a $150 rise in the stock price yesterday/Friday.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/tesla-slashes-model-y-crossover-131648024.html

Tesla (TSLA) has slashed the price for its Model Y crossover by $3,000 to $49,990 from $52,990 previously. The move comes less than four months after Tesla started delivering the vehicle in mid-March.
It is also not the first price cut of late. Tesla reduced the price for the Model S and the Model X by $5,000 and $2,000 respectively in May.
Their cost of production is dropping quickly with technological advancements and economy of scale.
They (with partners) produce half the lithium batteries in the world.
Battery costs have HALVED in four years.
At under $100kwh for batteries, EV's compete with ICE's on sticker price without subsidy - and blow away the ICE's on lifetime cost of ownership.
So costs for consumers can keep dropping while maintaining profit margins.

960x0.jpg.png

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
For god sake take the profit and step back. This is nutz by any measure, the stock is 4 times over a highly optimistic valuation.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
TSLA over VW... TSLA have nothing (worth having) that VW cannot and have not matched technically. VW have huge experience and good electric product in the pipe line and on the road. TSLA will have stiff competition going into a weakening market. There is no way on gods green earth you can justify it @ these prices. Sell the thing and say thanks, step back and buy later when sense comes back to town.

VW.jpg

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
For god sake take the profit and step back. This is nutz by any measure, the stock is 4 times over a highly optimistic valuation.
Took profits all the way up from $285 to $950 on the first run to $975, then bought the bottom of the V at $351...kept buying and selling all the way up to $950. Took more profit at $1350 and sitting tight on "free shares" for the long haul.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Took profits all the way up from $285 to $950 on the first run to $975, then bought the bottom of the V at $351...kept buying and selling all the way up to $950. Took more profit at $1350 and sitting tight on "free shares" for the long haul.
You are in gambling territory here, there is no reason to own this other than "the greater fool" theory. Better off in unloved gold stocks, silver stocks or even copper stocks here. JMO.

Take the money and run! All of it! :blond::snowboard:

LOL.

Last edited:

hernancortes

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Begging my relative to sell at least a portion here. He has a lot of shares but is a true believer of tsla $5000/ share. "If i get out I wont be able to get back in", says he.

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
My goodness up 200 today. Owners are feeling pretty darn good and that is the time to sell. Someone is gaming the options market and market makers.

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I was thinking we could be looking at an island reversal but I think you would have had to hold the gains for at least one close.

What are the odds that Elon is manipulating his own stock via options. He did just get a big bonus, why not pour money into deep OTM options.

itsamess

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++

I was thinking we could be looking at an island reversal but I think you would have had to hold the gains for at least one close.

What are the odds that Elon is manipulating his own stock via options. He did just get a big bonus, why not pour money into deep OTM options.
California closing killed rising markets today - Apple, Tesla, Amazon millennial favs

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
California closing killed rising markets today - Apple, Tesla, Amazon millennial favs
Yeah, it was broader than just Tesla. Even the king Amazon had a huge reversal. Down like $200 from the top. A FED president also threw some cold water on that front but who knows.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Begging my relative to sell at least a portion here. He has a lot of shares but is a true believer of tsla $5000/ share. "If i get out I wont be able to get back in", says he.
When the last little guy feels that emotion the last buyer has bought and there is nowhere to go but DOWN.

He really needs to l@@k at the economic situation, no car manufacture is going to come up smelling of roses here. For the automakers this will be a phase change in technology over a decade plus of a structurally weak globally economy. It will be a brutal, knock'em down, drag them out affair until we have a small handful of survivors. They will all be battered and bruised by the end of this and that is when you want to buy in, when you know who will live and who will die. TSLA has an equal chance of being $0 before this is done. $1400 TSLA is robbery and today's price action (candle) was a fucking air raid siren! If he doesn't make out like a bandit here he is a greedy fuck that will die like every other market pig before him. Tell him that, with love. :p

PS> TSLA today just may the the bell ringing @ the top of the market. Don't hold me to it but TSLA has been a poster child for this insanity and that sure as shit looks like a blowoff top in the making.

2c FWIW.

Run Forest RUN!

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
The divergence here is a big warning IMO!

NAS100.png