• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

Texas Bullion Depository

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter

Fatrat

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
If I lived in Texas I might...

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Sorry, have to part ways on this one Muj, I don't like the idea of them having my worthless Frn's to pay the monthly bills let alone someone holding my mercury dime and dental gold. No way they would get shiny if I had any. , Dam fkin boats

ZZZZZ

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I trust the State of Texas about 5 iotas more than I trust the Federales in DC.

SilverCity

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
My kids live in Texas, near Dallas. I have thought about putting a few of my silver bars on deposit.
(The thousand ounce ones. Them suckas are getting too heavy to drag around anymore.)

It would be nice to simply write a check for major purchases...when it finally goes to the moon.

SC

EO 11110

Trump: DAY ONE promise: DACA illegals gone
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
how does the thing work? do they buy my tungsten at spot?

EO 11110

Site Supporter
Mother Lode
if my tungsten stash gets stolen from their vault, do they owe me?

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
if my tungsten stash gets stolen from their vault, do they owe me?
It would probably work like this:

You put your tungsten in​
You pay rent for them to store it as gold​
Nobody's gonna steal your tungsten​
When you want your tungsten back you get it back (if you've paid up your rent)​

Ya think?

EO 11110

Site Supporter
Mother Lode
It would probably work like this:

You put your tungsten in​
You pay rent for them to store it as gold​
Nobody's gonna steal your tungsten​
When you want your tungsten back you get it back (if you've paid up your rent)​

Ya think?
or an enterprising too-big-to-fail guy puts gilded tungsten in. it disappears. then tx taxpayers pay him off in the value of gold

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
minimum fee is $25 a quarter. It doesn’t seem like a bad deal to let them hold a fraction of your bullion for safe keeping.
NEVER, NEVER, NEVER relinquish possession ! Except to sell.

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Rule #1: If you don't hold it, you DON'T own it!
Rule #2: See Rule#1

Only an idiot or a fool would deposit their precious metals with ANY state/federal/government of ANY type, form, authorization or locale. Government = THEFT BY STEALTH AND/OR BY FORCE. F'm!

I have a difficult time coming to grips with the concept that ANYONE would be so stupid as to use such a facility. How, in God's name could ANYONE have any trust in ANY government to protect their wealth. What in the hell has government done with money and wealth since 1913?!? What in the hell did they do with it BEFORE 1913?!? Do the words continental, greenback, property tax, income tax, tax mean anything to anyone?

Wow!!!

bulloncoins

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I think Texas is just ahead of it's time here. University of Texas is one of the largest bullion holders in the State....state laws made to make payment of debts in bullion legal, etc...They see change ahead.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Don't even keep it in a bank safe deposit box. The irs has priority to open it & for you, the bank is only open 6 to 8 hours a day, 5 or 6 days a week. Do the math, that is less than 1/3 of the time. If you hold'em, that's 100% of the time. Most "bank holidays" occur over the weekend.
SHAKE  DOWN.gif

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Sounds like a great plan to concentrate lots of other peoples PM wealth in one spot...
What did our long lost beloved member say "If you don't hold it you don't own it".
Ask Germany. How long did it take Venesuela to get its gold returned ? LYBIA ? That's right they HAVEN'T.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
What did our long lost beloved member say "If you don't hold it you don't own it".
Ask Germany. How long did it take Venesuela to get its gold returned ? LYBIA ? That's right they HAVEN'T.
I think I remember that, eventually, Germany got about 1/2 of theirs back, or am I dreaming ?

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
You're in the ball park TAEZZ. Like you I know they didn't or haven't gotten it all, and what they got was NOT what they had stored away.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Only problem with Texas...

They ain't got no mountains to hide in when the bankers start carpet bombing!

SC

Don’t tell that to a Texican , they like their mountains....

My son lives less than a mile from the facility at Leander so he’s keeping an eyeball on his gold.

7FD8A767-E847-4A9F-ABC6-E394012A4BDB.jpeg

I have a difficult time coming to grips with the concept that ANYONE would be so stupid as to use such a facility. ...
While they accept business from retail (individuals), I suspect their main business with working with institutionals (hedge funds, pension funds, banks, etc.). Institutionals have a different perspective about asset management and risk.

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I think I remember that, eventually, Germany got about 1/2 of theirs back, or am I dreaming ?
In January 2013, the German central bank (Deutsche Bundesbank) announced plans to repatriate 300 tonnes of its 1,500 tons of gold from the US and 374 tonnes from France by 2020, in order to have half (1,695.3 tonnes) of its official gold reserves stored in Frankfurt. The gold in the U.S. was earned by West Germany through trade surpluses in the 1950s and 1960s and was never moved out of the United States due to fear of invasion by the Soviet Union. In 2013, a mere 5 tonnes were shipped due to logistical difficulties. However, Germany repatriated 120 t in 2014 (35 tonnes from Paris, 85 t from New York), 210 t in 2015 (110.5 t from Paris and 99.5 t from New York) and 200 t in 2016.
Wikipedia

Cigarlover

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I can dig a hole in the back yard and sleep well at night knowing my metal is close by. Someone else holding it for me? Not so sure thats a good idea. Now if you really need someone else to hold your precious metals or other valuables i have a large backyard. I can dig you a hole as well and only charge a minimum fee for doing so. I'll send you the GPS coordinates and I will guarantee that your hole will only contain your valuables. :dduck::dduck::dduck::winks2:

Alton

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
While they accept business from retail (individuals), I suspect their main business with working with institutionals (hedge funds, pension funds, banks, etc.). Institutionals have a different perspective about asset management and risk.
Well, that's THEIR risk. Institutions and corporations are known to be stupid too. It would be good to know which corporations and institutions that are doing this so as to avoid any personal malinvestments...

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I can dig a hole in the back yard and sleep well at night knowing my metal is close by. Someone else holding it for me? Not so sure thats a good idea. Now if you really need someone else to hold your precious metals or other valuables i have a large backyard. I can dig you a hole as well and only charge a minimum fee for doing so. I'll send you the GPS coordinates and I will guarantee that your hole will only contain your valuables. :dduck::dduck::dduck::winks2:
OK, where do you live. I will come over !!
:mining::troll::mining: