• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

Texas or south bread basket or death by a thousand cuts

Curtman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
So the question before you is Texas going to secede and what that does that mean for you?
is it South going to rise up and be able to be able to make a stand against these odds?
Is the country going to go into total mayhem fast enough to prevent them from getting too good a grip on it.
If Texas were to succeed,, and Trump was down there yesterday I think probably talking to the governor in the senators would he be elected president of Texas?
Ted Cruz is taking some serious heat already that ain't going to go over well with the Texans I can get behind Ted Cruz ...
With a country going a total mayhem which is my hope and we run the bastards out of here on a rail or deliver them to Guantanamo they should at least have a choice Madison wouldn't have gave them one Andrew Jackson sure wouldn't have gave them one
What scenario do you see has the best chance I hate to give up the Homeland the bread basket but these guys have got us boxed in there's no doubt and if the rage don't start we're going to have to drop back and punt Texas would be a good space for that if Trump flew into Texas a couple of days before the election inauguration had the football with him which he would I could see this picture looking better just merely by his presence there I don't believe the joint chiefs will get behind him they're a bunch of politicians and assholes but I think the admirals and generals have never had it so good the military is never had it so good not even under Reagan and I think they will stand with them he could call in part of the fleet right into Texas Commander it.
You know I'm a radical but sometimes you need somebody like that sometimes dialogue won't work this is definitely one of those times we can run this country and then run over this country from the ports in Texas we have oil in Texas a lot of resources but most of all we got a lot of good Texans with a lot of guns and they will never give up their guns I figure Oklahoma would come in next and we just marched through this f****** country and take back the heartland. Yeah yeah I know I'm drawing attention to myself but you know what I've already been dead once I Don't give up f*** about what any of this s*** is to do...

So let's say you guys what are you going to do you going to sit there and be Pavlov dogs roll over and let somebody chew your nutsack off? no that's not for me...
Or are you going to stand up go to testicles in a spine and take America back?
It's yours and it's every red blood in Americans we've just witnessed a coup d'etat.wherever you're at I hope we got a bunch of he's going to stand your ground remember we're all over the guys now but you should not forget it's better die on your feet then live on your knees.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
texas here - nothing of the sort has crossed my desk

another angle - if the communists add more states (dc, pr, etc), texas could divide up to counter the move

Curtman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Well we better we got to have a maneuver here somewhere.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
texas here - nothing of the sort has crossed my desk
https://www.insider.com/a-texas-lawmaker-wants-texit-secession-on-the-ballot-2021-1

I suspect it's gonna get traction. Especially since the Elites and Dumbos are jumping on the threat of sham prosecution for Trump.

Would I go down there? I'd be inclined to; but unfortunately, first, Beer Cooties is running wild out your way. I'm in an at-risk demographic. If I could get HCQ, I'd be fine...but I can't, and that's that.

Second, what good would I be? An old crippled former railroader. Not even up to date on firearms skills.

That's not to say I wouldn't; but I'd have to think long and hard.

Perhaps, if it gets ugly enough out of Washington, the Montana-Idaho-Utah belt will join in. That would make a workable new nation, with rail, water ports, manufacturing, farming, even tourism.

Curtman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
[
You are a radical. I wouldn't do any of that stuff. I would move to Texas though :-)
Well I'm not going to deny that I've been one on my life. I wouldn't mind having a ranch and southern Texas where the parallel would go through for Florida that would be the right climate for me somewhere near Austin or south farther down you get the closer you get to the ocean and the Mexico and I'm sure they got a gate in that wall. I'll keep my places up here and just Bank them for now.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
been considering the idea of keeping the states as they are - just let them vote if they want to be red or blue - two fed govs for most things

of course blue would never go for that willingly - red would

Curtman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Casey, I'm not probably too far from your condition also but I know I can sit in the hole or bunker and load magazines and hand them out to the younger guys. I don't think it's going to come to that I think a chunk of the military is going to go along with Trump and those ships are just booty.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
[

Well I'm not going to deny that I've been one on my life. I wouldn't mind having a ranch and southern Texas where the parallel would go through for Florida that would be the right climate for me somewhere near Austin or south farther down you get the closer you get to the ocean and the Mexico and I'm sure they got a gate in that wall. I'll keep my places up here and just Bank them for now.
south of austin/san marcos have good people, plenty of land - along interstate 10 there are some small towns that are solid

the general area where that guy allegedly shot a bunch of people at that church is good area and rural - if that's your taste

Curtman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
been considering the idea of keeping the states as they are - just let them vote if they want to be red or blue - two fed govs for most things

The existing federal government isn't going to like it because it's a shake-up splits the country in half and that's just the first thing they ain't going to like they'll immediately respond by cutting off any funding for all those States but look at it like this would you rather spend your own tax dollars or let those guys use them against you. Look at it like that and it's not a hard decision. It was the Republicans it made this place the great it was a Democrat to created a war to get the men out of the country and that's what they're going to try this time they're going to try a war to get all the military out of the country and then they're going to enforce the laws of the country that they make so let's say pseudo laws and they'll enforce that with blue helmets.I wouldn't want to be a blue helmet walking into the South telling them what they're going to do them southern boys I know them and they're not going to put up with that s*** I don't think Texas will put up with it and all the rest of the heartland ain't going to put up with it the worst thing those guys could do is try to take your guns. Then you going to be see people from all over this place and they'll be already formed and fortified gangs groups and so forth whatever you want to call them who've been running guns in this country for years don't think they don't have their own personal stash and don't think they're going to give up their freedom or their kids freedom many of them are old lot of murder Vietnam vets nah that's not in there makeup put dump of s***.

Curtman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
EO11110. Thanks

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner

I've thought a lot about this over the years.

It's not lightly that I came to the conclusion that State Secession is the answer. But it is, and part of the reason is, each state already has its own government set up, legal code in place, police, EMS and various other services. The NATIONAL government is what is causing 80 percent of this chaos; and it's controlled by factions from major Leftist urban areas.

All of them trying to force THEIR sensibilities (their lunacy) onto the rest of us.

Unfortunately for the cause, "Secession" is a dirty word to those who haven't considered it. It's Slavery; it's war; it's violence. Oh, and, as someone elsewhere keeps on saying...it's ILLEGAL.

None of that is true. The issue of Slavery LED to the Southern Secession, but the two have nothing in common. Secession is a declaration of independence - what the original colonies did.

What Portugal did from what became Spain.

What Byzantium did to the Western Roman Empire.

What India did as regards England.

...and on and on.

Secession is a legal act. It's EXACTLY what is laid out in the Declaration of Independence. It's a statement: We cut these bonds. Here's why. We're not part of your nation, now.

Force comes from the other side, if it comes. I don't think it will - and here's why: Red States are tax producers. Blue states are tax CONSUMERS.

Red States have a larger population that values military service and national service. How many Army recruits do you suppose come from Manhattan? NYC as a whole sends plenty, but most are there because of the gimmes.

It's farm kids from Iowa who want to see the world and then, at the end of it, have their college or trade school paid for. Make Dad and Grandpa proud.

So. Washington, less the Texas-Montana corridor, would have a harder time filling military needs; would have a DIVIDED military if Joe Chin opts for (illegal) domestic deployment. He would have to print up the money; and I think that game is about over. Especially seeing the nation split into thirds like that.

I suspect after a token response - where I'd expect the Texas boys to fill plenty of Army body bags - Droolin' Joe would move onto his next fa-cop.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Casey, I'm not probably too far from your condition also but I know I can sit in the hole or bunker and load magazines and hand them out to the younger guys. I don't think it's going to come to that I think a chunk of the military is going to go along with Trump and those ships are just booty.
That's not too far from my thinking. I hope we're right.

As to the other: As with any such choice...caution is due. My caution and also caution on the part of Texans. I expect there will be a lot of thrillseekers riding down, as well as Antifa cannon-fodder. People with out-of-state tags will be suspect.

There should be some sort of vetting network, but as is usually the case in chaos, there isn't and won't be.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
there's a group in northern cali trying to break away into a new state. i think it might be parts of other states too.

they are trying to use the west virginia out of virginia legal template to pull it off

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
I thought Texas had, as part of its condition for entry into the Union, the right to divide into five states at some future point.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
I thought Texas had, as part of its condition for entry into the Union, the right to divide into five states at some future point.
not sure about that. have heard texas and hawaii have the two best situations legally to try to leave the thing. and the rest have no case

one of my history books says mexico agreed to let tx leave - on the condition that it would not join america

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Hawaii? Surely you jest. In any variation of a modern world, Hawaii would be a colony, a protectorate, or a prison island.

There simply is no WAY to pack the requisite number of bodies on it, much less feed them, to staff the kind of navy needed to ward off threats.

But...the Woke Polynesians native to the land, are full of Identity Politics. Let them separate, as well. Maybe Japan will take them, but I doubt it...Japan is aging out; it's what happens when a generation stops having babies.

China it will be. Hope they have fun.

Curtman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
there's a group in northern cali trying to break away into a new state. i think it might be parts of other states too.

they are trying to use the west virginia out of virginia legal template to pull it off
Antifa are not hardest spot they're the ones wearing masks

Curtman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Well think about it, if Texas has its own government it's own independence we wouldn't have another Waco even if chorus was a bad guy we would have the ATF for the FBI and there to handle it the way it was handled they could have had David correction any day they came into town all the time. A world without FBI and ATF sounds pretty good to me..
I may be wrong but I think States will be screaming to join the new Confederates. Imagine a state or country rather with the strip down Constitution eliminating half of them amendments. A country adhering to the Constitution the way it was intended live by the Federalists. I sincerely doubt anybody could not get behind that no gun laws freedom of speech, Trump could say anything he wanted and nobody could knock him for it he would be unimpeachable the list goes on he would wake up the next morning with more rights and you've ever known in your life us old timers we know what freedom is but the ones before us remember what freedom was. Knowing what it is or is it supposed to be and there's no idea who freedom we haven't seen freedom since before the turn of the century.
It all went to hell in 1860 when Lincoln was elected and an 1861 we were at war with our own people give me a freaking break. And you know what that war was about of course what about freeing nobody was about stripping you of your rights.
Since that day we've lived in a dysfunctional government a government of tyranny rules enforced by the point of a bayonet might as well have let the freaking British have it but we weren't so inclined to do so and we shouldn't be now.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Silver Miner
Well think about it, if Texas has its own government it's own independence we wouldn't have another Waco even if chorus was a bad guy we would have the ATF for the FBI and there to handle it the way it was handled they could have had David correction any day they came into town all the time. A world without FBI and ATF sounds pretty good to me..
I may be wrong but I think States will be screaming to join the new Confederates. Imagine a state or country rather with the strip down Constitution eliminating half of them amendments. A country adhering to the Constitution the way it was intended live by the Federalists. I sincerely doubt anybody could not get behind that no gun laws freedom of speech, Trump could say anything he wanted and nobody could knock him for it he would be unimpeachable the list goes on he would wake up the next morning with more rights and you've ever known in your life us old timers we know what freedom is but the ones before us remember what freedom was. Knowing what it is or is it supposed to be and there's no idea who freedom we haven't seen freedom since before the turn of the century.
It all went to hell in 1860 when Lincoln was elected and an 1861 we were at war with our own people give me a freaking break. And you know what that war was about of course what about freeing nobody was about stripping you of your rights.
Since that day we've lived in a dysfunctional government a government of tyranny rules enforced by the point of a bayonet might as well have let the freaking British have it but we weren't so inclined to do so and we shouldn't be now.
We can re-fight the Civil War forever, and it gets us nowhere. There are more DIFFERENCES, that situation to the present, than there are similarities.

We can start with, plain old demographics. The South was rural; and much of the population was held as chattel. Free men fighting, were really a tiny size compared to the Northern urban population.

Then, on to money. There were rich planters there, but not many. And a rich farmer is still not much compared to a sovereign nation's need to raise an army. When a planter or farmer has, or had, a million dollars, he'd be rich. When Chrysler Corporation was down to its last million in cash, it was time to start drawing up bankruptcy papers.

With that lack of money, there was the lack of industry. The South was basically a plantation colony. They imported (from the North or from overseas) finished goods; and they exported tobacco and cotton. Raw. Again, that's not a good place to start a war from.

Finally, there was the lack of moral high ground. The war was fought over the right of sovereign States to secede, to exit, the Union. BUT...the REASON this question was coming to be, was that of Slavery. More particularly, the Abolitionist agitation and anti-slavery legislation making its way through Washington, which at that moment the North controlled (it was not always the case).

So...three strikes and more. AND...Lincoln's impertinence. He was, as he showed in the debates with Douglas, not an abolitionist zealot. He was probably, personally, neutral on the question. But he had been installed/elected to his office by the Abolitionist party, the Republicans; and he felt duty-bound to carry out their agenda.

Even to an illegal war.

Even to a POINTLESS illegal war.

Had the North accepted the South's Secession...IMHO, slavery as an issue would have passed in less than a generation. Even the South was coming to understand, free men, white or black, worked harder and better than bondsmen. And industry was going to come to the South and render unskilled, raw labor, superfluous.

Before 1900, the Confederacy would have been requesting re-admission. WITHOUT the hatred, the violence, the loss of live that Lincoln's war started.

Our time today is much different - the only similarities are, it's Washington, again, demanding to control how others live. And this time, morality is on OUR side.