• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

"Thank you for your service"

abeland1

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Today is Veterans Day. I was having my HVAC system serviced the other day and talking to the technician while he worked. Old guys with time on their hands tend to do this. We heard a helicopter go by and it sounded like a big one. He told me that his job in the Marine Corps was servicing helicopters and he had spent two tours in Afghanistan. I told him that I had been in the Air Force a long time ago. He immediately said to me "thank you for your service". It had not occurred to me to say that to him when he mentioned his service.
I was touched. I still am. Those of you who are veterans will understand my feelings. Abeland1 USAF 1958 – 1964

Last edited:

Triunfar

Seeker
Seeker
Thank You Abeland1 and others Vets that see this.

No disrespect intended for any vets, but sadly it seems the direction our Nation is heading will take us to the point where we will be thanking people for refusing military service outside our borders.

The military machine today is being used way beyond it purpose.

Destroying the opportunities to acquirer wealth and success after service many of us older veterans experienced.

Creating a degree of unending sacrifice beyond what is needed.

Fresh heartaches for old veterans.

What usa is today is not what I served for.:frown:

Triunfar – Viet Nam (1968-1971)

southfork

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Today is Veterans Day. I was having my HVAC system serviced the other day and talking to the technician while he worked. Old guys with time on their hands tend to do this. We heard a helicopter go by and it sounded like a big one. He told me that his job in the Marine Corps was servicing helicopters and he had spent two tours in Afghanistan. I told him that I had been in the Air Force a long time ago. He immediately said to me "thank you for your service". I t had not occurred to me to say that to him when he mentioned his service.
I was touched. I still am. Those of you who are veterans will understand my feelings. Abeland1 USAF 1958 – 1964
USAF for me also 69-73

southfork

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Mother Lode
No one wanted to be in those god forsaken wars and I don't hold any thing against those who left the country to go to Canada to avoid them, many friends encouraged me to do the same, there are no winners in wars, every one looses, for every soldier that dies dozens more are affected by his/her passing. I only wish before they could send one more to battle in a foreign country that every politicians son, daughter, niece , nephew and grandchild would have to go first, we would never see another person sent to fight for politics.

Thank You Abeland1 and others Vets that see this.

No disrespect intended for any vets, but sadly it seems the direction our Nation is heading will take us to the point where we will be thanking people for refusing military service outside our borders.

The military machine today is being used way beyond it purpose.

Destroying the opportunities to acquirer wealth and success after service many of us older veterans experienced.

Creating a degree of unending sacrifice beyond what is needed.

Fresh heartaches for old veterans.

What usa is today is not what I served for.:frown:

Triunfar – Viet Nam (1968-1971)

Tecumseh

Silver Member
Silver Miner
You are right Southfork - war is certainly hell. It is humans at our absolute worst. I also believe that there are just wars and am grateful for those that served and sometimes died in them - we should never forget their sacrifice. What we shouldn't do is manipulate the recognition of military service to encourage more war. Sometimes I feel like that is a big part of all the profuse thankfulness I see in the media and on social media. Those who really understand what war is don't glorify it.

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Isn't it just another PC moment? I was in the US Army. (FTA) and it was the closest I got to being in prison. Stupid people telling me what to do all day, doing things to do things.
Fun, Travel and Adventure.

Thanks for your service, Alex.

Lt Dan

Gold Pirate
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
To my fellow veteran's - thanks for your service.
To all the taxpayers who do the daily grind to pay taxes, which paid me in the service and during retirement, thank you for working hard. You are the backbone of the country, you make it work!

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Got a free breakfast at Denny's yesterday next to my motel, normal price $7. Everybody was nice.
I ate quick and got out of there [5:30 am] as they were expecting big crowds [Next to Fort Hood].

Hystckndle

Daguerreotype Fanatic
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
To all the taxpayers who do the daily grind to pay taxes, which paid me in the service and during retirement, thank you for working hard. You are the backbone of the country, you make it work!
Never heard that from anybody.
Thanks x 1000,
Regards Sir,

the_shootist

The war is here on our doorstep!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
....and to you kind sir my heartfelt gratitude to you for your sacrifice and dedication to the service of your country!