• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

The Art of making Colloidal Silver / Silver Ions / Electrically Isolated Silver

abeland1

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
my tds meter only reads 0 in distilled water ec and ppm,,,my tap water reads ec 331 and ppm 156,,,,,my CS reads 17 ec and 8 ppm. my CS is made from distilled water.
Okay, I think I understand now what you are aiming for. You want to get rid of the bubbles. Good idea. At present, you are using a constant current device that wants to supply 1 mA at all times. That means that in between the bubbles breaking the conduction path in the water, the potential voltage from one electrode to the other goes all the way up to the voltage that the 3 9 V battery supply, 27 V. In the absence of the bubbles you go up to 1 mA. 1 mA is a bit high for 2 5 inch pieces of 10gauge. Not enough surface area. Let me suggest a better solution. Use a resistor instead of the current limiting device. I would suggest a current of 300 µA for the size of your electrodes. I don't know how far apart you have the electrodes. I would recommend 2 inches. At maximum current, the electrode drop would be about 5 V. We need to drop another 22 V., So we divide 22 by the current we want 0.0003 amp's (300 µA). 73,333. The closest common resistor value would be 75 K. That will eliminate the constant current device. I think you will find you have a better result.

Silver

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
The last batch I did was 2 quarts and it ran 4 days, I cleaned the electrodes once during the process. The batch test was 13 ppm and clear, same reading as the previous 1 quart, 2 day run (btw, the 1st batch reading has stayed consistant @ 13 ppm).

I thought the 4 day batch would be a higher reading, even though it didn't reach automatic shutoff at the highest setting. I'm going to do another 1 quart test at the highest setting until the automatic shutoff prevents further operation.

26 ppm (13 ppm x2) might be close to the limit on this machine.

abeland1

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
The last batch I did was 2 quarts and it ran 4 days, I cleaned the electrodes once during the process. The batch test was 13 ppm and clear, same reading as the previous 1 quart, 2 day run (btw, the 1st batch reading has stayed consistant @ 13 ppm).

I thought the 4 day batch would be a higher reading, even though it didn't reach automatic shutoff at the highest setting. I'm going to do another 1 quart test at the highest setting until the automatic shutoff prevents further operation.

26 ppm (13 ppm x2) might be close to the limit on this machine.
If you're able to make a clear 26 ppm solution, you're doing better than anyone I've ever heard of without an Ultra. It would seem that your controller was "the state-of-the-art" at its time. Your modification of rolling out silver Maple leafs paid off. How big is that container you're using? It looks like a 1-gallon jar.

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
If you're able to make a clear 26 ppm solution, you're doing better than anyone I've ever heard of without an Ultra. It would seem that your controller was "the state-of-the-art" at its time. Your modification of rolling out silver Maple leafs paid off. How big is that container you're using? It looks like a 1-gallon jar.
FYI, I'm on my half gallon second batch using my Ultra. I found that I needed to strain the first batch as there was some of flotsam at the bottom of the mason jar. Is that expected abe?

abeland1

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
FYI, I'm on my half gallon second batch using my Ultra. I found that I needed to strain the first batch as there was some of flotsam at the bottom of the mason jar. Is that expected abe?
The first run "breaks in" the electrodes and generates a very fine grained surface on the electrodes that effectively increases the surface area. There will always be some residue with the process. This is why we suggested the use of an unbleached coffee filter to strain the solution. Sounds like you're doing just fine.

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
The first run "breaks in" the electrodes and generates a very fine grained surface on the electrodes that effectively increases the surface area. There will always be some residue with the process. This is why we suggested the use of an unbleached coffee filter to strain the solution. Sounds like you're doing just fine.
Yep, following the drill and it's working out as expected. so far so good, thanks!

Silver

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
1/2 gallon (2 quarts) is what I used for the last batch, had to make a mode on the lid for the wide mouth jar, the other batch was 1 quart with the narrow mouth lid.

I think the automatic reverse polarity was what made this machine state of the art at the time.

When I was talking in a CS thread at the old GIM about considering having some Maples rolled out, one of the Founders back then (Gkhan), asked me if he could sent me a couple of Maples to have rolled out when I did mine, which I did - Gkhan was a CS fanatic, drank it like water. I think he moved on to cannabis (started a forum on it), don't know how that turned out, lol.

Attachments

Weatherman

In GIM since 2006
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Any one use CS to clear cancers??
Or viruses, like Covid-19 and flu. If we cannot find real science data about that, we should start the rumors.

abeland1

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
1/2 gallon (2 quarts) is what I used for the last batch, had to make a mode on the lid for the wide mouth jar, the other batch was 1 quart with the narrow mouth lid.

I think the automatic reverse polarity was what made this machine state of the art at the time.

When I was talking in a CS thread at the old GIM about considering having some Maples rolled out, one of the Founders back then (Gkhan), asked me if he could sent me a couple of Maples to have rolled out when I did mine, which I did - Gkhan was a CS fanatic, drank it like water. I think he moved on to cannabis (started a forum on it), don't know how that turned out, lol.
Yes, the good old days of GIM. I had a long-running thread "How to make 1 gallon a day of perfect CS" that featured a circuit board with the variable potentiometer and a double pole double throw switch for reversing the polarity. I resisted making an automatic unit as I wanted to encourage experimentation. There were still several questions unanswered at this time—particles versus ions, etc. I wonder what became of Stormdancer in Australia. I shipped him four 1-gallon kits as he was going into production. The GIM suddenly vanished one day, and everything was lost. People, information, everything. I sure hope it doesn't happen here again.

Last edited:

abeland1

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Or viruses, like Covid-19 and flu. If we cannot find real science data about that, we should start the rumors.
According to the United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) it's "currently unclear if a person can get 2019-nCoV by touching a surface or object that has the virus on it and then touching their own mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes."
In fact, not a lot is known about the COVID-19 virus at all, so researchers are turning to similar coronaviruses, like SARS and MERS, for answers.
Reviewing the literature on all available human and veterinary viruses within this family, encompassing 22 studies, researchers have found that the human pathogens can persist on surfaces and remain infectious at room temperature for up to nine days. (To put that in perspective, the measles virus can live on contaminated surfaces for up to two hours.)
Granted, that's the upper end of a coronavirus lifespan, but on average, researchers say this family of viruses can survive between four and five days on various materials like aluminium, wood, paper, plastic and glass.
Some of the veterinary coronaviruses - the ones that can only infect animals - could even persist for longer than 28 days.
"Low temperature and high air humidity further increase their lifespan," says physician Günter Kampf at the Greifswald University Hospital.
To reduce the spread of coronaviruses in general, the authors of the new study suggest hospitals carefully disinfect surfaces with various solutions made from sodium hypochlorite, hydrogen peroxide, or ethanol.
In their study, they found these particular WHO recommendations to be "very effective" against SARS and MERS.
The results were originally bound for a future textbook, but under the circumstances, the authors felt it was best to publish their findings in advance. They think the results might also extend to the COVID-19 virus.
"Different coronaviruses were analysed, and the results were all similar," says virologist Eike Steinmann form Leibniz University Hanover.
None of the viruses were 2019-nCoV however, and the team indicated they don't have data on whether hands can become contaminated with coronavirus after patient contact or after touching contaminated surfaces.
While MERS doesn't transfer as easily from person to person as other coronaviruses, SARS spreads rather efficiently whenever an infected person sneezes or coughs. If the mucous lands on a surface and is touched by a person later, it can then contaminate them, even if the contact occurs days after the initial exposure.
Given how threatening this could make 2019-nCoV, washing our hands often and making sure to disinfect public areas seems like a harmless price to pay.
"In hospitals, these can be door handles, for example, but also call buttons, bedside tables, bed frames and other objects in the direct vicinity of patients, which are often made of metal or plastic," explains Kampf.
The study was published in the Journal of Hospital Infection.
"with various solutions made from sodium hypochlorite, hydrogen peroxide, or ethanol.
In their study, they found these particular WHO recommendations to be "very effective" against SARS and MERS."
That's all very well and good, but I don't think anyone would want to spray any of these concoctions on their face, eyes, and hands. As far as contact surfaces are concerned, spraying such a surface with 50 PPM, EIS would, when dried, leave a coating of single silver ions over the surface. Would this coating of silver act to disable virus particles that land on it?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24754250

Abstract
Re-emergence of resistance in different pathogens including viruses are the major cause of human disease and death, which is posing a serious challenge to the medical, pharmaceutical and biotechnological sectors. Though many efforts have been made to develop drug and vaccines against re-emerging viruses, researchers are continuously engaged in the development of novel, cheap and broad-spectrum antiviral agents, not only to fight against viruses but also to act as a protective shield against pathogens attack. Current advancement in nanotechnology provides a novel platform for the development of potential and effective agents by modifying the materials at nanolevel with remarkable physicochemical properties, high surface area to volume ratio and increased reactivity. Among metal nanoparticles, silver nanoparticles have strong antibacterial, antifungal and antiviral potential to boost the host immunity against pathogen attack. Nevertheless, the interaction of silver nanoparticles with viruses is a largely unexplored field. The present review discusses antiviral activity of the metal nanoparticles, especially the mechanism of action of silver nanoparticles, against different viruses such HSV, HIV, HBV, MPV, RSV, etc. It is also focused on how silver nanoparticles can be used in therapeutics by considering their cytotoxic level, to avoid human and environmental risks.

Last edited:

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
As far as contact surfaces are concerned, spraying such a surface with 50 PPM, EIS would, when dried, leave a coating of single silver ions over the surface. Would this coating of silver act to disable virus particles that land on it?
This is a practice I swear by, and I put it in the air via humidifier this time of year.

BackwardsEngineeer

Total curmudgeon
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Hey AB what are you doing up in the middle of night?...

With silver on the rise time to discuss replacement rods for the Ultra. How many batches do you get out of a set? How easy are they to change out? What do they cost to replace at this point? Lastly how long do you think an ultra might last? It looks like mine is going to be running 24/7 for the for seeable future, should I buy an extra one just in case?

I have a feeling your business is about to explode, rightly so.....

Last edited:

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I'm not "AB" but I've had a Ultra since close to the time they came out about two years ago +/-. My machine has been been running at least once a month sometime twice a month since.
The only evidence I see is the electrodes, the sections that go into the distilled water, have develop a light beige color not silver. The part of the electrodes that do not go into the water still look like the silver when the machine arrived.
If there is wear it is at the microscopic level at this time.

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
View attachment 118939
I am happy to announce a new addition to the Atlasnova family, the one and a half pint Ultra. It works exactly the same as the half gallon ultra and has the same ability to reach 50 PPM ionic in 10 days. It also has the fast mode for users who wish a 10 ppm solution in 5 hours. It produces the same EIS, Electrically Isolated Silver, crystal-clear and stable for over a year.
View attachment 118940
If it were not for the encouragement and support of the members here at GIM2, I would never have made an effort to develop this technology. Fairly early in the thread, the fact that no two batches, using existing methods, produced the same result. This fact encouraged me to bring my development toolset out of retirement to see what, if anything, could be done. Microprocessors had made huge advances in the time since I retired. I was able to use techniques in both hardware and software that would have taken a trailer load of equipment back in the days of the space race.
As a thank you for all the support, I'm offering a special deal for the members on this thread for a price half that of the half-gallon ultra.
Go to the buy and sell forum for details.
https://www.atlasnova.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/CSG-ULTRA-1HP-Instructions.pdf
I went to the website and looked at the instructions; it seems that there is a set of proprietary silver leads that you insert into this generator; are there any that you could use silver bars with or something along those lines? If TSHTF, the supply of silver leads will disappear and you'd have to find other options...most on here probably have a silver bar or two laying around, and in a TSHTF scenario it might be better served to generate EIS.

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Just listen to a video over in the Coronavirus Alert, Chris Martensen on USA WATCHDOG.
China is buying millions of dollars of misting machines and filling them with Ionic silver water to use against Wuhan 400/covid 19.
23.34 +/- Min.Mark:

abeland1

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Hey AB what are you doing up in the middle of night?...

With silver on the rise time to discuss replacement rods for the Ultra. How many batches do you get out of a set? How easy are they to change out? What do they cost to replace at this point? Lastly how long do you think an ultra might last? It looks like mine is going to be running 24/7 for the for seeable future, should I buy an extra one just in case?

I have a feeling your business is about to explode, rightly so.....
"Hey AB what are you doing up in the middle of night?..."
I am freaking out. It would seem that the word about the Ultra making 50 ppm ionic has escaped the confines of GIM 2.
"With silver on the rise time to discuss replacement rods for the Ultra. How many batches do you get out of a set? How easy are they to change out? What do they cost to replace at this point? Lastly how long do you think an ultra might last? It looks like mine is going to be running 24/7 for the for seeable future, should I buy an extra one just in case?"
As Goldbrix replied to your post, even if you run it 24 seven you won't need a new set for three or four years. They are $99 on the website. On the other hand, we can count on anything that has any real value to increase in price for the next few years, for sure. So it might not be a bad idea.
"I have a feeling your business is about to explode, rightly so....."
It is in the process of exploding as I write this: the right thing, right place, right time. And I've never felt less like celebrating in my life.

abeland1

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I went to the website and looked at the instructions; it seems that there is a set of proprietary silver leads that you insert into this generator; are there any that you could use silver bars with or something along those lines? If TSHTF, the supply of silver leads will disappear and you'd have to find other options...most on here probably have a silver bar or two laying around, and in a TSHTF scenario it might be better served to generate EIS.
Thanks for the heads up. It seems we forgot to add replacement rods for the 1 1/2 pint ultra to the product listings on the website. As Goldbrix mentioned, even if you run it continuously in the 10-day mode for 50 PPM, you will need any new ones for three or four years, at least. Feel free to use bars silver bars when the time comes. I have no idea what the results will be, but I'm confident that the result will be. The electrodes for the one of the half pint are made from two pieces of 10gauge 9999 silver 10 inches long. They will be $66

Last edited:

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Thanks for the heads up. It seems we forgot to add replacement rods for the 1 1/2 pipe ultra to the product listings on the website. As Goldbrix mentioned, even if you run it continuously in the 10-day mode for 50 PPM, you will need any new ones for three or four years, at least. Feel free to use bars silver bars when the time comes. I have no idea what the results will be, but I'm confident that the result will be. The electrodes for the one of the half pint are made from two pieces of 10gauge 9999 silver 10 inches long. They will be $66
Thanks; do the instructions include how to (in the event of a supply chain breakdown) use silver bullion in place of the wires?

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
It is in the process of exploding as I write this: the right thing, right place, right time. And I've never felt less like celebrating in my life.
A leader wears a crown of worry.
All the Best Arnold.

abeland1

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Thanks; do the instructions include how to (in the event of a supply chain breakdown) use silver bullion in place of the wires?
Here are the instructions for the ultra:
https://www.atlasnova.com/CSG-ULTRA-Instructions.pdf
You are correct, there is nothing there suggesting an alternative source of the electrodes for the ultra.
What if the TSHTF ?
Okay the TSHTF . I would then bend the electrodes up in such a way as to form a cradle in which I would place a Canadian silver Mapleleaf. They are 9999. I would not use a silver bar of any kind as they are likely formed from scrap pieces from jewelers and so forth, bad idea. I would then be making something less than I did originally. If I found that it' would start gaining color before the 10 days were up, I would stop at that point. Without the original electrodes, and you would never be able to obtain a 50 PPM EIS. Everything about the ultras is critical.

Last edited:

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Here are the instructions for the ultra:
https://www.atlasnova.com/CSG-ULTRA-Instructions.pdf
You are correct, there is nothing there suggesting an alternative source of the electrodes for the ultra.
What if the TSHTF ?
Okaythe TSHTF . I would then the electrodes up in such a way as to form a cradle in which I would place a Canadian silver Mapleleaf. They are 9999. I would use a silver bar of any kind as they are likely formed from scrap pieces from shoulders and so forth, bad idea. I would then be making something less than I did originally. If I found that it's would start gaining color before the 10 days were up, I would stop at that point. Without the original electrodes, and you would never be able to obtain a 50 PPM EIS. Everything about the ultras is critical.
I committed tonight and purchased the CSG-ULTRA-1HP.

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
I committed tonight and purchased the CSG-ULTRA-1HP.
Welcome aboard! It's not such a bad investment! Hell I spent that much last week on hookers and blow !!!

I'm using mine to make my second batch of CS as we speak!!

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I too am into my second batch with my Ultra. First batch was a bit cloudy gray, with a definite increase in taste over my 27 Volt jury rigged gen. batches.
First batch came out at 23 PPM/46 CS, which brings me to a question. Reading for many hours of all the input over the accuracy, or lack of, of the PPM readings vs. the EC readings, multiplying by 1,7 & 2/2.5 to get a more true PPM reading, would it be just as simple to use the EC reading? I'm getting old & feable & this higher math is challenging, (sarc) !
BTW, I am at 91 hours into the 2nd batch & at about 75 hours, I shook the jar with as fine a vibratory hand shaking as possible & I could see salt size dark particles falling from the electrodes. Is this an idea for periodically cleansing the electrodes during the process:don't know: ? Yes, I did scrub them with the green scotchbrite pad after the first batch.
More BTW's: I have been quite ill since Christmas & the first batch of 46 PPM (adjusted value) helped me significantly. I had everything from a severe cough to constipation. I spent 6 hours in emergency with a fever, shakes, gut pain & nausea. Today is my first day of feeling normal again.
Thank you Abe, GB & all others for all you have done.

abeland1

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
I too am into my second batch with my Ultra. First batch was a bit cloudy gray, with a definite increase in taste over my 27 Volt jury rigged gen. batches.
First batch came out at 23 PPM/46 CS, which brings me to a question. Reading for many hours of all the input over the accuracy, or lack of, of the PPM readings vs. the EC readings, multiplying by 1,7 & 2/2.5 to get a more true PPM reading, would it be just as simple to use the EC reading? I'm getting old & feable & this higher math is challenging, (sarc) !
BTW, I am at 91 hours into the 2nd batch & at about 75 hours, I shook the jar with as fine a vibratory hand shaking as possible & I could see salt size dark particles falling from the electrodes. Is this an idea for periodically cleansing the electrodes during the process:don't know: ? Yes, I did scrub them with the green scotchbrite pad after the first batch.
More BTW's: I have been quite ill since Christmas & the first batch of 46 PPM (adjusted value) helped me significantly. I had everything from a severe cough to constipation. I spent 6 hours in emergency with a fever, shakes, gut pain & nausea. Today is my first day of feeling normal again.
Thank you Abe, GB & all others for all you have done.
"PPM readings vs. the EC readings, multiplying by 1,7 & 2/2."

All the business of what to multiply by came about long ago before the little gadgets that could measure conductance in microsiemens became available. As luck will have it, one Microsiemen is equal to one ppm of ionic silver in the solution. So just read EC.

" I shook the jar with as fine a vibratory hand shaking as possible & I could see salt size dark particles falling from the electrodes. Is this an idea for periodically cleansing the electrodes during the process:don't know: ? Yes, I did scrub them with the green scotchbrite pad after the first batch."

Please don't do this. It defeats the whole process. What is building upon the electrodes is not dirt or debris. It is an accumulation of silver atoms that have built up into what are called dendrites, held together electrostatically. Under tightly controlled conditions, at various times during the process, they are released into the solution as silver ions. The process is very efficient. If left alone, at the end of the run, you will find very little debris at the bottom of the jar.
Glad you're feeling better.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
"As luck will have it, one Microsiemen is equal to one ppm of ionic silver in the solution. So just read EC."
As I figured, Thanks.
"Please don't do this. It defeats the whole process."
Thank you Abe, I will cease & desist with the shaking ! :2 thumbs up::holding hands:

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
"PPM readings vs. the EC readings, multiplying by 1,7 & 2/2."

All the business of what to multiply by came about long ago before the little gadgets that could measure conductance in microsiemens became available. As luck will have it, one Microsiemen is equal to one ppm of ionic silver in the solution. So just read EC.

" I shook the jar with as fine a vibratory hand shaking as possible & I could see salt size dark particles falling from the electrodes. Is this an idea for periodically cleansing the electrodes during the process:don't know: ? Yes, I did scrub them with the green scotchbrite pad after the first batch."

Please don't do this. It defeats the whole process. What is building upon the electrodes is not dirt or debris. It is an accumulation of silver atoms that have built up into what are called dendrites, held together electrostatically. Under tightly controlled conditions, at various times during the process, they are released into the solution as silver ions. The process is very efficient. If left alone, at the end of the run, you will find very little debris at the bottom of the jar.
Glad you're feeling better.
I still didn't understand your response regarding the use of bullion if the silver leads weren't available. Anyway...hopefully we won't have to worry about that being a problem. ;)

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
I still didn't understand your response regarding the use of bullion if the silver leads weren't available. Anyway...hopefully we won't have to worry about that being a problem. ;)
That makes two of us. I think the answer was something to the effect of "they will last for years so don't worry about it"

abeland1

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
That makes two of us. I think the answer was something to the effect of "they will last for years so don't worry about it"
You are correct. I should not have attempted to answer such a purely hypothetical question. There are many so-called "colloidal silver generators" that are very inefficient. Up to 90% or more of the silver generators use ends up as black stuff at the bottom of the container. They encourage people to buy extra electrodes. They are much smarter than me in this regard. The ultra's convert 99% of the silver to ions. No other generators will come anywhere near this. That's why Goldbrix and others are reporting the fact that they see no noticeable wear, even after years of use. That's not to say that it is not a good idea to buy a set of spare electrodes, many do.

the_shootist

Trump 2020
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Hey guys, quick question...

How much CS should I use in a cool mist humidifier which my wife runs nightly in our bedroom? Should it be filled with 100% CS? The water tank hold approximately 1 gallon.

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter
How many days would it take to get a 50ppm batch
10 days = 240 hrs.
But that is maximum ppms. Any production from 10ppms (one day) on up can be effective, and most retail products are 10 -25 ppms.

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
You are correct. I should not have attempted to answer such a purely hypothetical question. There are many so-called "colloidal silver generators" that are very inefficient. Up to 90% or more of the silver generators use ends up as black stuff at the bottom of the container. They encourage people to buy extra electrodes. They are much smarter than me in this regard. The ultra's convert 99% of the silver to ions. No other generators will come anywhere near this. That's why Goldbrix and others are reporting the fact that they see no noticeable wear, even after years of use. That's not to say that it is not a good idea to buy a set of spare electrodes, many do.
Sorry about that, but I hadn't done the math yet.

You are correct, according to my calculations that certainly shouldn't be a worry.

1 pint of pure 20 ppm Ag+ will only contain 9.46 mg Ag.
1 pint of pure 50 ppm Ag+ will have 23.6 mg Ag
1 gal of the highest 50 ppm Ag+ will still only contain 189 mg Ag.

I didn't see or weigh the electrodes but if they are even 0.5 oz of Silver each I'm guessing they would produce... 2 * 15.55 g = 31.1 g Ag.
So roughly around 164 gallons (if they are 1/2 oz) of the highest ppm. No that would be before they fail but I think it's fair to say they won't need to be replaced before some other component may fail.

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Silver is also highly reactive with sulfur and that will appear as a black substance. So if you are seeing black stuff I'm fairly certain you've created silver sulfide. So keep any sulfur (eggs etc away from the generators or certainly the water).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver_sulfide

abeland1

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Silver is also highly reactive with sulfur and that will appear as a black substance. So if you are seeing black stuff I'm fairly certain you've created silver sulfide. So keep any sulfur (eggs etc away from the generators or certainly the water).

What black stuff you may see temporarily forming on whichever electrode happens to be the cathode at the time is silver oxide.

"So roughly around 164 gallons (if they are 1/2 oz) of the highest ppm. "

They are 0.75 ounce each.

"No that would be before they fail but I think it's fair to say they won't need to be replaced before some other component may fail."

There is nothing to fail. Completely solid-state. No moving parts. No heat issues. All the components are operating at less than 5% of their maximum ratings.
"Silver is also highly reactive with sulfur and that will appear as a black substance. So if you are seeing black stuff I'm fairly certain you've created silver sulfide. So keep any sulfur (eggs etc away from the generators or certainly the water)."

What black stuff you may see temporarily forming on whichever electrode happens to be the cathode at the time is silver oxide.

"No that would be before they fail but I think it's fair to say they won't need to be replaced before some other component may fail."

There is nothing to fail. Completely solid-state. No moving parts. No heat issues. All the components are operating at less than 5% of their maximum ratings.

Last edited:

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
"Silver is also highly reactive with sulfur and that will appear as a black substance. So if you are seeing black stuff I'm fairly certain you've created silver sulfide. So keep any sulfur (eggs etc away from the generators or certainly the water)."

So in the end it's a race to either turn myself blue or see if I can use up the electrodes. :beer:

Seriously though, it looks like a really good product. I think we are starting to see people look a lot more at quality products as opposed to the lowest price junk you can find.

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

Also, the oxide is a lot more water soluble whereas the sulfide will precipitate almost immediately. So I think that you could safely assume a yield of at least 150 gallons of 50 ppm product. Probably a max of 250 gallons. Probably good unless you plan on supplying the whole town.