• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

the beginning of the end for us healthcare workers... Houston Methodist hospital employees required to get the Covid vaccine

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I know I keep saying nothing surprises me but this hits hard. How can a experimental vaccine be required. I have the option of quitting but most healthcare workers don't. I'm just heart sick :(

The Houston Methodist hospital system in Texas will soon require its 26,000 employees get the Covid-19 vaccine, in what a spokeswoman said appears to be the first such move by a large U.S. hospital system.
The development was shared in an email Chief Executive Officer Marc Boom sent to managers on Wednesday. It gave them until mid-April to get “at least one dose of a Covid-19 vaccine or get an approved exemption.” No deadline for all employees was given in the email.
About 95% of management and all executives have received vaccines to date, compared with about 83% of employees, including everyone from doctors and nurses to cafeteria workers, according to Boom’s email. Religious and medical exemptions will be allowed in “very rare cases,” according to a document outlining frequently asked question s that was linked in the email.

“As part of Houston Methodist management, we must lead by example and get vaccinated ourselves,” Boom wrote. “Thank you for getting vaccinated and thank you for leading your staff to make the right decision to help protect our patients.”

Whether to mandate coronavirus shots is a question a broad swathe of employers are grappling with. Houston Methodist’s move comes at a time when experts say it’s not clear whether Covid-19 vaccines can, or should, be mandated. A central issue is that the shots now available have only received emergency-use authorization from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration and not a standard approval, a lengthier and more comprehensive process.

Full Approval​

Nancy Foster, the American Hospital Association’s vice president of quality and patient safety policy, said that while hospitals and health systems are recommending vaccines for both their staff and the public, most will likely wait to decide about making it mandatory until the vaccines “receive full approval from the FDA, which has not happened yet.”

Amy Rose, a Houston Methodist spokeswoman, said that employment laws at both the state and federal level allow private institutions to mandate vaccines, and don’t make distinctions around those that have been approved versus authorized on an emergency basis.

Last edited:

the_shootist

I identify as fully vaccinated so I'm good!
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
At that point you have a simple choice really:

What do you value more, you're livelihood or your life?

Tough decision! Which one of those two choices should you never gamble with? Which of the two cannot be restored if it's taken away for a while?

Seems like a very easy decision but I'm older and see things differently than when I was raising a family!

Avalon

Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
At that point you have a simple choice really:

What do you value more, you're livelihood or your life?

Tough decision! Which one of those two choices should you never gamble with? Which of the two cannot be restored if it's taken away for a while?

Seems like a very easy decision but I'm older and see things differently than when I was raising a family
Its possible some from this hospital can find jobs elsewhere but if this spreads through all hospitals and healthcare facilities their career is over. This is so wrong. I'm feeling a tad hopeless at the moment. :(

rte

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
I've seen half a dozen covid vaccination cards.
They are on white card stock black ink and about 3.5x5 in size.
Every one was a little different, some had stickers some were hand written.
You could not read the doctors signature, initials or whoever administered the shot.

A card you can fill out yourself can be obtained, who's verifying the cards?

Avalon

Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
You could not read the doctors signature, initials or whoever administered the shot.

our hospital gives the injections themselves. I will have to check if they are accepting outside vaccinations. I have meet with Nurse Hatchett who heads vaccinations at my hospital. You better believe she will double check outside vaccines. :(

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
seen same from hou hospitals for previous flu -- zika? swine? not sure which....but know someone that took it

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
About 95% of management and all executives have received vaccines to date, compared with about 83% of employees,
The only reason they can require the vax is due to the high percentage of employees who've already volunteered to get it. If the numbers were half that, there's no way they'd risk losing half their workers.
With most having got it, it becomes easier to drag the rest along.

What's the percentages at your hospital? Have most gotten it? If not, you may have some time.

Avalon

Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
The only reason they can require the vax is due to the high percentage of employees who've already volunteered to get it. If the numbers were half that, there's no way they'd risk losing half their workers.
With most having got it, it becomes easier to drag the rest along.

What's the percentages at your hospital? Have most gotten it? If not, you may have some time.
Ill get that stat next time I work but I'm guessing we are at least 80 percent. As far as I know I am the only one in my department who has held out. :( I may have some time due to our hospital being state owned. They have shown a tendency to want to avoid legal problems and might wait till FDA approval. At this point religious exemption is still available but if Cooper has his way that will be closed off.

Avalon

Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Is getting the ACLU involved an option?
I don't know. I do know I have been putting off getting involved but its time to start looking at options. I would be willing to join a mass lawsuit if there is such a thing. Time to do some digging.

the_shootist

I identify as fully vaccinated so I'm good!
Midas Member
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
The brainwashed will march into hell and demand you join them!

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Ill get that stat next time I work but I'm guessing we are at least 80 percent. As far as I know I am the only one in my department who has held out. :( I may have some time due to our hospital being state owned. They have shown a tendency to want to avoid legal problems and might wait till FDA approval. At this point religious exemption is still available but if Cooper has his way that will be closed off.

get the antibodies instead?

i would take the flu before the shot

the antibodies are the gold standard, no?

that vax's seek to imitate?

give that girl a promotion - she went top shelf immunity and risked her life to do it

Avalon

Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
get the antibodies instead?

i would take the flu before the shot

the antibodies are the gold standard, no?

that vax's seek to imitate?

give that girl a promotion - she went top shelf immunity and risked her life to do it
The antibodies are not accepted. :( Among other stuff they make up they claim the vaccine gives much better protection than natural antibodies. At this point it seems they can just make stuff up as the go along and no one challenges it.

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
was talkin' with a older gal, done a lot, seen a lot

she remembered back when polio was going around,
any family with a case of polio was quarantined,
no work, no school, no nothing
and if people didn't play by the created rules at the time, all hell would break loose,

and now of course, we all remember being 'vaccinated' as kids for polio, smallpox, and so on

they have been providing flu shots for years and years, trying to get people to take their 'flu' shots,
each year, they do some statistical analysis it seems and come up with the flu strain 'more likely' to be the winner that year and provide that vaccine while the others are left to chance.

always has been that the flu affected the older, more so than the younger. That the young could contract it, but it was never seen as a major societal issue.

now we have this, nothing like a small or a polio, and much more like a flu. The stats seem to line up much like one would expect of a flu strain.

and yet they are going to extraordinary lengths regarding this one. Many businesses will retain their 'masks on' policies long after the all clear has been given. Many slaves will continue wearing masks, and shaming those that don't. Businesses, and especially health care, will require mandatory vax. I could even see it quite possible that you won't be able to do business in various areas without proof of vaxing. A .gov building, a .gov zoning meeting, etc. .Corp may be allowed to require vaxes for you to even be allowed in the door.

so while we may stamp our feet and talk smack about it, it is quite possible they may make it very hard, if not impossible to go about our business on a day to day basis without vaxing.

Avalon

Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
was talkin' with a older gal, done a lot, seen a lot

she remembered back when polio was going around,
any family with a case of polio was quarantined,
no work, no school, no nothing
and if people didn't play by the created rules at the time, all hell would break loose,

and now of course, we all remember being 'vaccinated' as kids for polio, smallpox, and so on

they have been providing flu shots for years and years, trying to get people to take their 'flu' shots,
each year, they do some statistical analysis it seems and come up with the flu strain 'more likely' to be the winner that year and provide that vaccine while the others are left to chance.

always has been that the flu affected the older, more so than the younger. That the young could contract it, but it was never seen as a major societal issue.

now we have this, nothing like a small or a polio, and much more like a flu. The stats seem to line up much like one would expect of a flu strain.

and yet they are going to extraordinary lengths regarding this one. Many businesses will retain their 'masks on' policies long after the all clear has been given. Many slaves will continue wearing masks, and shaming those that don't. Businesses, and especially health care, will require mandatory vax. I could even see it quite possible that you won't be able to do business in various areas without proof of vaxing. A .gov building, a .gov zoning meeting, etc. .Corp may be allowed to require vaxes for you to even be allowed in the door.

so while we may stamp our feet and talk smack about it, it is quite possible they may make it very hard, if not impossible to go about our business on a day to day basis without vaxing.
It looks like the first lawsuit has been files in New Mexico by an EMT. I looking to see if anything has been filed in my state yet. We have to fight this.

glockngold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
It looks like the first lawsuit has been files in New Mexico by an EMT. I looking to see if anything has been filed in my state yet. We have to fight this.
Wife had a zoom conference w/ Penn State faculty & it was brought up that they "may" be requiring all employees of the university system to get the jab..... but, they will wait until this lawsuit plays out.
Letting someone else's lawyers do the heavy lifting.

Ebie

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score

It will be challenging to beat the system, I suspect.

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
our hospital gives the injections themselves. I will have to check if they are accepting outside vaccinations. I have meet with Nurse Hatchett who heads vaccinations at my hospital. You better believe she will double check outside vaccines. :(

Get a kid in a basement to hack the hospital's computer???

(do it for a bunch of employees so it doesn't come back to haunt you...)

Last edited:

Avalon

Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Wife had a zoom conference w/ Penn State faculty & it was brought up that they "may" be requiring all employees of the university system to get the jab..... but, they will wait until this lawsuit plays out.
Letting someone else's lawyers do the heavy lifting.
keep us informed. My daughter works for NC state university and is dead set against the vaccine.

Avalon

Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Get a kid in a basement to hack the hospital's computer???

(do it for a bunch of employees so it doesn't come back to you...)
Its not me I am worried about. I can just go ahead and retire. My daughter has autoimmune issues and can not take this vaccine. All other sinister agendas aside this will screw with her very delicately balanced immune system. All sorts of things have crossed my mind as to how to avoid this. I suspect we will have to make a stand.

davycoppitt

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Was thinking about how do you find someone to just shoot the vax into the trash. Show up with $1000 cash and offer it to the nurse then bolt until you find one.

Anybody find a spot selling vax cards?

Avalon

Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
There are lots of hospitals. And many in rural areas need help and they won't be this dumb. Now they wont need everything like trauma surgeons nor pay as well but there will be options.

Last edited:

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
it's always wrong if I recall. The people I remember getting the flu, got it from the shot.

It looks like the first lawsuit has been files in New Mexico by an EMT. I looking to see if anything has been filed in my state yet. We have to fight this
Get a copy of it, change the particulars and file it in your state? Don't need a lawyer.

Its not me I am worried about. I can just go ahead and retire. My daughter has autoimmune issues and can not take this vaccine. All other sinister agendas aside this will screw with her very delicately balanced immune system. All sorts of things have crossed my mind as to how to avoid this. I suspect we will have to make a stand.
This would be an important reason. They're making it a 'one size fits all' and there are several threads posted here that show otherwise.

Instead of learning to program, as Joe suggests, why not become a lawyer.... a vaccine lawyer? :beer:

Brio

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
it's always wrong if I recall. The people I remember getting the flu, got it from the shot.

I read an article yesterday that said 60% of all new covid cases are those who are vaccinated already. Why take it? No way in hell am I buggering up my immune system with it. I had an interview Friday for a new job. I have a job but it's seasonal and contract, this would be a HUGE step up for me in every way. I'll refuse it if they demand I take the jab.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

Here is some possible avenues to sue. If it does come down to it I would try contacting him for help.

Avalon

Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Here is some possible avenues to sue. If it does come down to it I would try contacting him for help.

book marked it and I will follow up. We had one of the biggest antivax lawyers in the US here in Chapel Hill, Alan Philips. I think they beat him down :(

Ebie

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
What are you going to do when they require the vax sine for everything?
Incuding driving, shopping, and banking?

Usury

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Don’t quit, resign or sign anything if asked/terminated. If it comes to it, I’d let them fire you. Then file for extra COVID unemployment which isn’t taxable currently and sue for wrongful termination.
Unless of course that would screw up any defined benefit pension for which you might be eligible. If you’re unionized, get the Union involved. In the meantime, I’d let it be known, in writing, that I won’t take it because it’s an experimental drug with no proof of effectiveness, unknown side effects and admittedly from its makers won’t stop getting sick or spreading to others...the same makers that were legally exempted from liability. Not sure the employers have been exempted from such liability. I’d list that too. And whatever other reasons you can think of—when lawyers sue, they list every possible twisted reason they can think up in case one reason is thrown out but another survives.

Voodoo

Midas Member
Midas Member
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
book marked it and I will follow up. We had one of the biggest antivax lawyers in the US here in Chapel Hill, Alan Philips. I think they beat him down :(

The only problem with that process, well and generally the entire US process, is that you have to wait till someone is injured. So in this case you had to wait for the hospital to mandate and then wait to see if anyone is severely harmed. I would imagine that person would have a strong and large suit potential.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Don’t quit, resign or sign anything if asked/terminated. If it comes to it, I’d let them fire you. Then file for extra COVID unemployment which isn’t taxable currently and sue for wrongful termination.
Unless of course that would screw up any defined benefit pension for which you might be eligible. If you’re unionized, get the Union involved. In the meantime, I’d let it be known, in writing, that I won’t take it because it’s an experimental drug with no proof of effectiveness, unknown side effects and admittedly from its makers won’t stop getting sick or spreading to others...the same makers that were legally exempted from liability. Not sure the employers have been exempted from such liability. I’d list that too. And whatever other reasons you can think of—when lawyers sue, they list every possible twisted reason they can think up in case one reason is thrown out but another survives.

might add a story about how you took a flu shot several years ago and had severe reaction to it. had to stop taking them after that experience

inform them about this in writing - try to get them to demand that you take it anyway (also in writing/email)

Avalon

Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
What are you going to do when they require the vax sine for everything?
Incuding driving, shopping, and banking?
lets pray it doesn't come to that. Isn't this a mess? I have been praying on it a lot and I think Im suppose to make a stand. At least not go down without a fight.

Avalon

Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
might add a story about how you took a flu shot several years ago and had severe reaction to it. had to stop taking them after that experience

inform them about this in writing - try to get them to demand that you take it anyway (also in writing/email)
that does not fly.. they just have a bottle of epi ready for all the people who had anaphylactic reactions. Two of my coworkers in my department ended up in the ER after the second vaccine.

Usury

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
I’ll be curious to see what birth rates are in a year or so after “everyone” is vaccinated.

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
It's an intra-muscular sub-cutaneous shot, right? Not infra-veinous? So....

Go to the costume shop or the special effects shop and get some skin-toned "fake limb or "fake-fat", strap it on,... and get THAT injected...