• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

The Combat Sports Thread

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
Derrick (black beast) Lewis

Huge Trump supporter and Lamborghini aficionado

+360 underdog fighting the larger Curtis Blades. Got picked apart in the first round waiting for the inevitable takedown shot and boy was he ready. They needed two commercial breaks before Blades regained consciousness.

Was out on the one shot, took another minor shot on the way down (hard to see). Two full power stiffeners while unconscious and stiff

Impressive

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
yep , good match , Lewis was patient and was rewarded....

those two extra punches to the jaw were unnecessary and Lewis blamed Herb the Ref for those last two blows....

Herb was way to slow on his reaction to the Lewis uppercut......Curtis was out before he hit the canvas

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
yep , good match , Lewis was patient and was rewarded....

those two extra punches to the jaw were unnecessary and Lewis blamed Herb the Ref for those last two blows....

Herb was way to slow on his reaction to the Lewis uppercut......Curtis was out before he hit the canvas
Lewis is funny

He blamed Herb in response to the blades corner yelling it was BS

In the post fight interview he said., ya never know when somebody gonna pop up straight up like an undertaker and be back in it, he said he fights until he’s told to stop and that he’s never been good at “turning it off”

On a brighter note here’s his new TT Lambo. He doesn’t know how to launch yet, first time in car

Last edited:

Occidentalist

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
The greatest trash talker in the game has to be:

And the crowd goes wild. Oh wait I thought you meant WWE, not that different I suppose.

newmisty

Transcending the 5 Elements
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Lewis is a well known sadist IMO. Evident RE hos Travis Browne KO ad his pre fight comments made in regards to putting Blades in the ICU. Scary guy. That first GNP punch was ridiculously fast, not to mention for a beast of his size.

I was really impressed with Tom Aspalini's decimation of Arlovski. He literally let the fight go past round one to gain experience. Once AA caught him with a decent shot in R2, Tom's like, " ok time to end it" and friggin blasted him to the floor and slapped that rear naked on with the quickness of a veteran master.

newmisty

Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I agree with many of the comments on this vid, that its done better than the UFC could do.

newmisty

Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Changed title to accommodate more.

Here's Dustin Prier q teaching 400 pound Worlds Strongest Man, Brian Shaw some skills.

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
Black beast was on Joe Rogan

He said he bought a car for each of his family and they all sold them within a few months, even his mother

EO 11110

UNBANNED
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score
mma makes boxing look like two faggots dancing and hugging

specsaregood

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
mma makes boxing look like two faggots dancing and hugging
yeah, cuz two guys wrapping their legs around each other, hugging and trying to mount each other in MMA doesnt look like faggotry?

newmisty

Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Black beast was on Joe Rogan

He said he bought a car for each of his family and they all sold them within a few months, even his mother
Saw that clip today too.

"Your worst enemy could be your best friend and your best friend your worst enemy."

newmisty

Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
yeah, cuz two guys wrapping their legs around each other, hugging and trying to mount each other in MMA doesnt look like faggotry?
Not if you are secure in your masculinity and understand how to fight. While clearly those who make such comments certainly don't and would get stomped out by said "faggots".

^updated^

found a way in
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

newmisty

Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

newmisty

Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

newmisty

Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

newmisty

Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score

Tbonz

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
The bigger they are the harder they fall. Bet he stops talkin shit now. He's lucky the guy didnt kick him in the face while sitting up after getting knocked down.

He won't stop talking shit about anything, all you'd hear from his ass was "lucky punch, I slipped."

Can't imagine if a little 5'5 Asian would have kicked his ass, that would have been priceless.

newmisty

Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I love sports. Played nearly everything but tackle football. But it's often boring as hell to watch. And now with all these so-called woke sports prick heads it's even harder to find something to watch. So in case anything I offer fills a void ill present a few things Ive found to scratch that competitive itch.

A couple years ago I got into a stint of enjoying Sumo. IIRC I had seen a Sumo practitioner training with a bunch of regular folks and was astonished at just how technical and powerful these guys are, not to mention giant). It's also quite brutal with slaps to the face and head and some of the tosses that they do, making matches exciting.

After a little time I learned quite a bit more about the tournament set up that they have, the accumulation of wins, the rankings and the different strategies that go onto it. Most exciting for me as well as many fans are the little guys competing with giants outweighing them 2-1.

Anyway long story short here's a couple clips

newmisty

Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Another sport I started watching around the same time is arm wrestling. The consensus Ambassador for the sport who it is also the one that got me interested there's a Canadian by the name of Devon Larratt. Very charismatic and eats sleeps and breathes the sport. His YT following increased by a few hundred thousand in the past couple years. The sport is growing at a tremendous rate and will soon reach mainstream status in my opinion. Heres a lil food for thought

newmisty

Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Guy lost a finger in mma fight recently

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
I would have probably lost money betting on this fight...

In the early days of my former career stuff like this would happen damn near monthly. Big-Ass bodybuilder looking guys w/ no fight game get the shit kicked out of them by small wirery shits that had fought in the streets.
The only ones NOBODY messed with were "The Lifers" guys with manslaughter to murder convictions were given a wide birth by all others.
As a rule the Senior Correctional Officers than ran the dorms. Would make a "Lifer" the "Dorm Clerk". The clerks not only helped order supplies but would also recruit the "Orderlies" that kept the dorm clean and quiet. Especially quiet, Quiet meant the dorm would draw little to no attention from the rest of the correctional staff of the institution.
Those staffs' duties were to quell fires and emergencies through out the institution daily.
A good "lifer" clerk knew what could be tolerated by the institution and what would not. The C.O. and Clerk would talk and nobody would be wiser since they worked together daily on ordering supplies and repairs.
If the dorm got a loud, two-bit punk off the streets who was trying to run things his way. The punk would get warned or wrote up by the officer, and if he kept up his shenanigans the C.O. would tell his clerk he'd be at at other end of the dorm doing some shakedowns ( 3 shakedowns - searches for contraband- would be done on each shift).
The office would head down the 200ft dorm to go search. The clerk would call out the problem child and both would head in the community showers.
By the time the officer was coming back from his shakedowns the clerk would inform him "an accident has happened in the showers" and the officer would see the inmate knockout in the shower and call for staff assistance. The injured inmate would be taken to the clinic for examination. Once cleared he's be returned to the dorm.
Usually within a day or two the inmate would approach the C.O. at his desk and apologize for any issues he may have cause in the dorm.
Sometimes a mule head would find himself on the wrong end of another ass kicking before he figure out "The Rules". Jus' Sayin'

specsaregood

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Not if you are secure in your masculinity and understand how to fight. While clearly those who make such comments certainly don't and would get stomped out by said "faggots".
Which pretty much could be said about boxing as well; which was the point.

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
In the early days of my former career stuff like this would happen damn near monthly. Big-Ass bodybuilder looking guys w/ no fight game get the shit kicked out of them by small wirery shits that had fought in the streets.
The only ones NOBODY messed with were "The Lifers" guys with manslaughter to murder convictions were given a wide birth by all others.
As a rule the Senior Correctional Officers than ran the dorms. Would make a "Lifer" the "Dorm Clerk". The clerks not only helped order supplies but would also recruit the "Orderlies" that kept the dorm clean and quiet. Especially quiet, Quiet meant the dorm would draw little to no attention from the rest of the correctional staff of the institution.
Those staffs' duties were to quell fires and emergencies through out the institution daily.
A good "lifer" clerk knew what could be tolerated by the institution and what would not. The C.O. and Clerk would talk and nobody would be wiser since they worked together daily on ordering supplies and repairs.
If the dorm got a loud, two-bit punk off the streets who was trying to run things his way. The punk would get warned or wrote up by the officer, and if he kept up his shenanigans the C.O. would tell his clerk he'd be at at other end of the dorm doing some shakedowns ( 3 shakedowns - searches for contraband- would be done on each shift).
The office would head down the 200ft dorm to go search. The clerk would call out the problem child and both would head in the community showers.
By the time the officer was coming back from his shakedowns the clerk would inform him "an accident has happened in the showers" and the officer would see the inmate knockout in the shower and call for staff assistance. The injured inmate would be taken to the clinic for examination. Once cleared he's be returned to the dorm.
Usually within a day or two the inmate would approach the C.O. at his desk and apologize for any issues he may have cause in the dorm.
Sometimes a mule head would find himself on the wrong end of another ass kicking before he figure out "The Rules". Jus' Sayin'
Keeping the peace.

EO 11110

UNBANNED
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score

thought of a better one after i posted --

mma makes boxing look like a pillow fight

EO 11110

UNBANNED
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score
mma should never be decided by judges - go until ko or quit (tap)

gnome

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I love sports. Played nearly everything but tackle football. But it's often boring as hell to watch. And now with all these so-called woke sports prick heads it's even harder to find something to watch. So in case anything I offer fills a void ill present a few things Ive found to scratch that competitive itch.

A couple years ago I got into a stint of enjoying Sumo. IIRC I had seen a Sumo practitioner training with a bunch of regular folks and was astonished at just how technical and powerful these guys are, not to mention giant). It's also quite brutal with slaps to the face and head and some of the tosses that they do, making matches exciting.

After a little time I learned quite a bit more about the tournament set up that they have, the accumulation of wins, the rankings and the different strategies that go onto it. Most exciting for me as well as many fans are the little guys competing with giants outweighing them 2-1.

Anyway long story short here's a couple clips

Mrs. Gnome and I are both fans of the sport, and will always go to a tournament live if it is happening when we are in Japan.

Great technique by Takanoyama there. He never made it to the upper ranks, but very fun to watch.

Several good smaller rikishi these days. Enho, who is barely bigger than a gnome is one of them.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
mma should never be decided by judges - go until ko or quit (tap)
They made timed rounds w/ one minute rests, Weight classes, and disallow certain blows and kicks to get the State of Nevada to recognize MMA as a sport and to sanction live events, the first in the US.
What you wanted is how MMA started decades ago in Japan and Brazil . True Catch as Catch Can: jujitsu, Judo, Wrestling, karate: all forms/styles, boxing, some were bare knuckle bouts.
That is the main reason most of the Gracies stayed out of US Licensed MMA matches and organizations until they realized the BIG MONEY US fans were bringing in. Then the entire world modified their rules to mirror Nevada.
Most of the difference is now is ring shape, ropes as a boxing ring, fencing: circle and octagon,....

EO 11110

UNBANNED
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Survivor
Reaction score
They made timed rounds w/ one minute rests, Weight classes, and disallow certain blows and kicks to get the State of Nevada to recognize MMA as a sport and to sanction live events, the first in the US.
What you wanted is how MMA started decades ago in Japan and Brazil . True Catch as Catch Can: jujitsu, Judo, Wrestling, karate: all forms/styles, boxing, some were bare knuckle bouts.
That is the main reason most of the Gracies stayed out of US Licensed MMA matches and organizations until they realized the BIG MONEY US fans were bringing in. Then the entire world modified their rules to mirror Nevada.
Most of the difference is now is ring shape, ropes as a boxing ring, fencing: circle and octagon,....

corrupt judges deciding matches brings the filth of boxing into it

and i object to boxing being referred to as a 'fight' game -- no real fight has the stupid-azz rules that boxing imposes. it's a joke, not a fight

newmisty

Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Recent fight in ONE Championship with former UFC champion Eddie Alvarez

Reaction score
Trained with a sensei for nearly 5 years in Shidokan Karate. You couldn't hurt him. At least I couldn't. I outweighed him by 35lbs. He started back in the 80s where there were no time limits or judges. Oh and galvanized fencing for a ring. One BMF.

Was doing some Krav Maga down in Fla. Was working with the instructor one on one. We were discussing Mui Tai grip behind the neck vs Krav from the side. His comment? "There are no rules in Krav Maga or on the street. Mui Tai has rules." That was the difference between the holds. One was to get away, the other was to inflict damage.

Boxing is "The Sweet Science." Watch Hearns/Hagler. 1st round only here.

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
It is written, Bruce Lee thought that contact should be a core part of training. Doing moves is one thing but making them effective requires application. Be like water.

Reaction score
Bruce Lee was the inventor of Jeet Kune Do in which he took the best of many Martial Arts and combined them freeing the trainee from limitations from forms. Forms are not a waste of time but full contact sparring is such good cardio, I've yet to find anything like it.

I always thought Jeet Kune Do was basically, "Whatever is near you that you can use, use it!" Bruce Lee once said something like, "Why would I kick you in the face when my fist is right here?"

newmisty

Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
It is written, Bruce Lee thought that contact should be a core part of training. Doing moves is one thing but making them effective requires application. Be like water.
You meed to harden your body to strengthen the limbs to take impact. All that ot takes to disable an ordinary person who doesn't train, is one good leg kick. Same with forearms. Muy Thai fighters are famous for kicking trees.