• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

The Complete Fishing Thread ( Fresh Water / Salt Water )

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
BEST DENTEX (SNAPPER) SPEARFISHING VIDEO OF THE WEB - VOL 2 - THE KING OF THE MEDITERRANEAN SHOALS
Il pescatore in apnea - The Spearfishing HUB

Published on Mar 10, 2018
Here we are the channels of the producers :

Grouper1007 GRPR : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6hZ...
Ciconat : https://www.youtube.com/user/ciconat
Corchoibiza : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCxd...
Pescasub Apnea (Renzo Mazzarri) : https://www.youtube.com/user/Pescasub...
Ernest de Longis : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSWD...
Daniele Ventura : https://www.youtube.com/user/daniele86sm
MattoDoc : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjeU...
Marco Bardi : https://www.youtube.com/user/marcobar...

Benvenuto sul canale del pescatore in apnea, il canale su YouTube con una delle più grandi collezioni di video sulla pesca subaquea. Film, documentari, tutorials a caccia di pesci esotici. Iscriviti al canale per non perderti le prossime avventure! http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_GO1...

Welcome to my freediving apnea channel, the YouTube channel with the widest collection of videos about spearfishing. Films, documentaries, tutorials and much more, subscribe and don't miss any new adventure! http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_GO1...
Freediving Apnea Apoe Apnee
Spearfishing
Chasse sous marine
Pesca in apnea sub
Caza Submarina

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Spiny Lobster {Catch Clean Cook and EAT} Several Different techniques!
deermeatfordinner

Lobster are one of my favorite things on earth to catch clean, cook and eat!!!

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
WORMS Eating My Traps and STOLEN Stone Crabs! Crabbing with Dad FAIL
Darcizzle Offshore

Published on Mar 8, 2018
In this fishing video, Florida fishing girl goes inshore fishing and pulls her stone crab traps! Wormhole discovered eating the crab trap and someone robbed my trap and stole my stone crabs! Crabbing in Florida!

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
GIRL SHOWS YOU HOW TO CATCH BULL RED FISH
Nicole Spenc

Published on Sep 14, 2017
Catching bull reds on top water in Venice Louisiana

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Amberjack, Snook, and Redfish - Fishing and Spearfishing
Joey Antonelli

***Amberjack, Snook, and Redfish - Fishing and Spearfishing***
*** instagram - h2ovinyldesigns ***
*** www.h2ovinyldesigns.com ***

To enter the drawing for a free sticker just comment which design you want. You can view all the designs at www.h2ovinyldesigns.com .

First let me thank all you who that subscribe to the channel and a double thanks to those of you who share this channel with your friends and family. I'm trying to grow the channel and slowly it is happening.

This video is a mixture of clips from a few different days. I haven't used these in a video yet so I decided to mash them all up into one video for y'all.

Iceland is awesome, and I'll have some great video to show you guys which I will feature on my channel.

Enjoy!

www.rcioptics.com
www.actionhat.com
www.livewatersports.com

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
I bought a boat ** maiden voyage **
Fisherman's Life

So a few weeks ago I bought a Zodiac 350 Cadet Aluminum floor boat. Been getting everything ready: registration, CF numbers, transom wheels, outboard motor. Finally got everything I need to take the 11ft 6 inch boat out on the water for the very first time. Happy to take you guys along for the maiden voyage!!

https://www.fishermanslife.net - my website for fishing information and more. Thank you for all the support on the channel!

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Catching MONSTROUS Dungeness Crabs at Sea!
Fisherman's Life

Published on Mar 14, 2018
This is the second trip out on the Zodiac 350 Cadet Aluminum floor. Conditions were as smooth as can get. The boat handled almost as well with two people. Got on plane fast and had a max speed of 16 knots. Can't wait for rockfish and salmon season to open!!! April 15th for Rockfish :) Lots of other videos planned with the boat as well!

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
SHEEPSHEAD {catch clean cook} How to make Home made fish Piccata
deermeatfordinner

Published on Mar 16, 2018
Days like this are far and few between!!! I Thank God for the opportunity to do stuff like this!!!

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Catch and Cook CATFISH- First Time Eating This Fish!
Darcizzle Offshore

Published on Mar 17, 2018
In this catch, clean, cook fishing video, Florida fishing girl goes fishing for catfish and brings them home for a family catch n cook with Puddin and dad. Since we have never tried channel catfish before, we thought it would be fun to try it for the first time. We are cooking up some deep fried fish with these catfish and crappie and serving it with home made hush puppies and fresh spinach. This is a simple and easy way to take fish from the lake and make dinner for the whole family that is delicious and tasty.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
MUSKELLUNGE - Shore Fishing a River in Winter for Musky
Sea-Money Fishing

Published on Mar 22, 2018
Spent the day musky fishing and scouting spots, found a 36” fish who missed my lure then hit again 2 casts later. witnessed a huge school of blackbirds and a dead buck floating in a back eddy, always an interesting day fishing the river. As always, catch and release these fish.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
March 22, 2018 New Jersey/Delaware Bay Fishing Report with Jim Hutchinson, Jr.
The Fisherman Magazine

Despite how it looks out the window, spring has officially arrived! While St. Patrick’s Day weekend had anglers finding a few willing stripers on the Raritan Bayshore, Toms River, Barnegat Bay, Great Egg Harbor River and up the tidal Delaware, our fourth consecutive weekly nor’easter is a kick in the gut for most who’d hope to wet a line this week.

A colder than normal March has given the winter flounder lockjaw, and very few white perch reports have been registered either; shad reports have begun to surface in the lower tidal Delaware, and it’s only a matter of time before the first good shot of striped bass along that stretch of bayshore begins. Really, all we need now is a little sun to warm things up a bit (of course now with all that snow, a little warm will lead to a lot of cold runoff and a quick drop in water temps for a short time).

There’s a fishy grand opening in New Egypt this Saturday, while the NJBBA gang will be out at Holgate for a beach cleanup – don’t let another nor’easter get you down, check in with this week’s video forecast.

Weekly reports for NJ/DE region at http://www.thefisherman.com/index.cfm...

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
March 22, 2018 Long Island Metro Fishing Report with Fred Golofaro
The Fisherman Magazine

Spring is here yet the snow continues to fall due to another nor’easter. And looking at the long range forecast this March continues to be a miserable one with below normal temperatures. No wonder it’s my least favorite month. Tim Smith is in for Fred again this week while he continues to recover from foot and ankle surgery; no doubt Fred chose the right time for surgery to get geared up for the spring season during the winter that will never end! There are some signs of life on the fishing front, as tackle shops are extending their hours, and charter and open boats are getting spruced up for the season ahead. The Super Hawk out of Pt Lookout made a trip last Sunday to the offshore wrecks where they put together a nice catch together of cod, pollock, and ling, and even some white hake.

Looking around the local marinas some boats have shedding their shrink wrap as they get ready for upcoming fishing season. Just in time for that spring commissioning Marine Mate of Lindenhurst will be holding their 40th Anniversary Sale on Saturday, March 24th, Get the best prices of the year with raffles every 30 minutes, along with food and drinks from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. They’re at 451 West Montauk Highway. Also in Lindenhurst there will be a fishing flea market at the Firemen's Pavilion at 555 Heiling Blvd from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Get more info by visiting fishingfleamarkets.com or call 732-381-2165. The Freshwater fishing scene looks like it has come alive, maybe that’s because the DEC has been stocking local ponds and lakes.

On a sad note Fisherman writer John Raguso and wife Laura lost their son while he was on a mission in Iraq. Chris is survived by wife Carmella and two young daughters. He was a NY City fireman and on his last tour of duty; a true patriot.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
March 22, 2018 New England Fishing Report with Toby Lapinski
The Fisherman Magazine

Lined up this weekend, as I told you in last week’s video, there is a lot going on across New England. First up we’ve got the annual MSBA Sport Fishing Expo on Saturday and Sunday at the Wolves Den Sports Complex in Pembroke, MA. While I won’t be able to personally attend this show, Dale Nicholson will be there both days to assist with all of your subscription needs!

Also taking place on Saturday the 24th, we have the annual Striper Surf Day presented by Rivers End Tackle in Old Saybrook, CT. I’ll be doing a seminar on plugging the surf for large striped bass, and the world tag team champions of Dave Anderson and John Lee will be presenting a seminar on Spot Science as they pool their many years of fishing and diving the surf to help you recognize key striped bass locations in your home waters. There will also be vendor reps, demos, free food and raffles, and this event runs from 10 am to 4 pm.

And then last up on Sunday, we have a fundraiser being put on by the crew of Reel Fishing Northeast to benefit Owen Hanecak, son of Fisherman Field Editor and Contributor, John Hanecak. If you recall last fall we had a fishing tournament and fundraiser to assist in Owen’s ongoing battle with Leukemia. The fundraiser is being held in Meriden, CT from noon to 8 PM.
As always, you can get all the details on these items and more by visiting the events calendar at TheFisherman.com.

Fishing-wise, with the arrival of spring this week, there has been a lot of talk about trout up in Massachusetts. Our friends at the Goose Hummock Shop report that a bunch of spots on the upper and lower Cape received fish in the last week. If you’d like to see exactly where, when and what species have been stocked by the state to help you in deciding where to go this weekend, you can check out the news story “Spring Trout Stocking In Massachusetts” at TheFisherman.com which includes a link to the state’s trout stocking map and list.

And last up, another excellent option to get out and wet a line this weekend is for holdover striped bass. As I’ve been reporting for several weeks now, the bite in the tidal rivers of Southern New England has been very good lately. Connecticut angler Joe Diorio stopped off to take a few casts on Saturday night after working the Lamiglas booth at the Saltwater Fishing Expo in Edison, NJ all day, and he was rewarded with some solid action. Most everyone that I have spoken with lately has reported positive results both day and night.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Are the STRIPERS RUNNING the Delaware River Yet!? (Claymont, DE)
Extreme Philly Fishing

Published on Mar 20, 2018

March 19th, 2018 -- For my 27th outing of this year, I finally headed down to the Delaware River in Claymont, DE, to put my bloodworms to good use! Hehe.

I explored and fished a new spot that I found via google maps and navionics, and I have to say -- it wasn't bad at all! :)

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Catch, Clean, & Cook: NORTHERN PIKE (No Bones!)
EliasVFishing

Published on Mar 19, 2018
This is always an interesting fish to go through. Some love this fish at the table and for good reason, it's delicious and one of the best fish out there if it comes from clean waters.

However, it is notoriously different than other fish. It's bone structure is unlike any other fish out there. I left it up to Mario to give it a shot. Mario who has done a couple of videos with me including: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLr4d...

As for the fishing....it sucked. I drilled a pike on a tip up on our final day fishing lake George. It was the only fish caught by myself, Sea-Money and Fishaholic aside from a few perch. Humbled, but happy we worked our way home.

Mario had two basic preparation methods. One was filleting it normally and cutting it into palm size portions. Working with palm size portions seemed to be the easiest versus "the zipper" method that was described.

Mario recipe after de-boning was as follows:
1)Fish prep -
Dry with a paper towel, season with salt + garlic powder + pepper

2) Honey Glaze - Coat non stick pan with grapeseed oil, chop shallots, carrots and zucchini. Cover and steam for a few minutes. Melt a few slices of butter for a few minutes. Add approximately 2 tablespoons of honey to the vegetables. Reduce heat until thickens.

Fish was seared in clarified butter for approximately 2-3 minutes per side on a medium to high heat.

Final sauce: White wine, salt, remainder of butter, pepper and a little flour to thicken.

Follow Mario DiBiase on Instagram - @mario.dibiase
http://www.sottovocerestaurant.com

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
How To Catch Fish & the Best Tackle for Inshore Saltwater Fishing Video
Darcizzle Offshore

In this How To Catch Fish Fishing Video ft. the best tackle for inshore Saltwater fishing including rods, reels, braid line, lures, tips and tricks, geared towards Florida beginners and basics. Fishing girl Darcizzle Offshore teaches you all about what rod and reel you will need plus lures and tips for Snook, Jacks, bluefish, ladyfish and more.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Catch and Cook CATFISH- First Time Eating This Fish!
Darcizzle Offshore

Published on Mar 17, 2018
In this catch, clean, cook fishing video, Florida fishing girl goes fishing for catfish and brings them home for a family catch n cook with Puddin and dad. Since we have never tried channel catfish before, we thought it would be fun to try it for the first time. We are cooking up some deep fried fish with these catfish and crappie and serving it with home made hush puppies and fresh spinach. This is a simple and easy way to take fish from the lake and make dinner for the whole family that is delicious and tasty.
Do I have a story for you and yes it is a no shit story as true as the birds fly north and south. this actually happened.

So there I was walleye fishing at the over flow to the Fort Peck Reservoir and I hooked up a 5lb cat...oh yeah fish as in cat fish. Score, so I do the fillet thing roll it in egg batter and fuck me running I got the shits and so did Jason Nyquist. he din't eat as much as me.

I learnd me a leason "DO NOT KEEP THE OIL IN THE FISH WITH EGGS." Tasted great other wise.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
DEEP SEA Fishing in ROUGH Seas + Bluefish Surprise Catch!
Darcizzle Offshore

Published on Mar 27, 2018
In this fishing video, Florida fishing girl goes deep sea fishing and trolling for offshore fish species. The seas and high winds picked up quickly, very rough conditions in the ocean

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Shallow water Fly Fishing - Casting & Exploring
Vicky Stark Fishing

Published on Mar 24, 2018
Shallow water Fly Fishing - Casting & Exploring in the Florida Keys

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
CATCHING BARRACUDA! Inshore Fishing & Crabbing in Florida
Darcizzle Offshore

Published on Mar 29, 2018
Florida fishing girl goes inshore saltwater fishing in this fishing video! Fishing with shrimp as bait & catching sheepshead and barracuda. Also checked the stone crab traps while inshore fishing

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Catching Bonita for BAIT
Fishing with Luiza

"Fishing with Luiza" catching the strongest bait out there!

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
March 29, 2018 New Jersey/Delaware Bay Fishing Report with Jim Hutchinson, Jr.
The Fisherman Magazine

The Delaware River worming crowd became the first to hit the 20-pound mark in the weekly reports in 2018; the big 38-inch male weighed in at 21 pounds at Shag’s in Pennsville, and provides a good indication that spring action has finally sprung.

In between a little bit of rain to end the work week, temperatures finally hitting the 60’s with warmer weather forecast through the weekend, it should only help improve the worming bite on all local rivers where stripers become more active; winter flounder pounders could use the improved conditions too!

Shad and bunker are on the move, and in South Jersey the season’s first ospreys have been spotted along the bays and marshes, a good sign that bluefish and weakfish can’t be far behind either. Tautog reopens in New Jersey on Sunday, April 1, with boats breaking free of the winter wrap and heading east to hit the wrecks and snags; for-hire fleet optimism from Indian River Inlet in Delaware north to the Raritan is running high for a good start to the spring season.

Weekly reports for NJ/DE region at http://www.thefisherman.com/index.cfm...

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
LIGHT Tackle Cobia Fishing
Vicky Stark Fishing

Published on Mar 28, 2018
LIGHT Tackle Cobia Fishing in KEY WEST Florida

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
March 29, 2018 Long Island Metro Fishing Report with Fred Golofaro
The Fisherman Magazine

Despite having up to 20 inches of snow dumped on some parts of the Island last Thursday, things are beginning to stir along the waterfront. Tackle shops are expanding their hours, others are just opening their doors, some party boats are gearing up for the April 1 openings of flounder and blackfish seasons, and we’re hearing the first rumblings of stripers in several areas.

The freshwater scene is alive and well thanks to recent stockings of trout in many waters around the Island. Those stockings included a good number of two year old brown trout measuring 12 to 14 inches that have helped bend some rods for anglers waiting on flounder, blackfish and stripers. Cod also appear to be responding to warming water temperatures.

And, Tuesday night’s hearing on proposed sea bass regulation drew a big crowd of anglers, captains, tackle shop owners and state officials, none of whom were happy with the ASMFC’s quota reduction for 2018.

https://youtu.be/zPGsRGzA3rQ

Super Hawk sailed a special wreck trip on Sunday that produced a nice catch of cod, pollock and ling. The pool fish was a 31-pound cod. Upcoming wreck trips are scheduled for March 29, 30 and 31, and April 6, 7 and 8. Call the number below 516-607-3004 for reservations.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
March 29, 2018 New England Fishing Report with Toby Lapinski
The Fisherman Magazine

This week’s news is pretty much all about regulations. Connecticut has set its 2018 marine fishing regulations, and there are several changes that are worth noting.
BLACK SEA BASS
Minimum Size: 15 inches
Open Season: May 19 to July 17, inclusive, Creel Limit: 3 fish down from 5 fish
Open Season: August 7 to December 31, inclusive, Creel Limit 5 fish
Minimum lengths exclude the dorsal tail filament or tendril.
Note: there is no longer a “bonus” creel limit for paying passengers on party or charter fishing vessels.
SCUP
Open Season: May 1 to December 31, Minimum Size: 9 inches* down from 10 inches, Creel Limit: 30 fish
Note: the party or charter fishing vessel “bonus” season of 45 fish from September 1 through October 31 for paying passengers remains in place.
FLUKE/SUMMER FLOUNDER
Open Season: May 4 to September 30, inclusive, Minimum Size: 19 inches*, Creel Limit: 4 fish up from 3 fish
BLACKFISH/TAUTOG
Minimum Size at all times: 16 inches.
Open Season: April 1 to April 30, inclusive, Creel Limit: 2 fish
Open Season: July 1 to August 31, inclusive, Creel Limit: 2 fish
Open Season: October 10 to November 28 not the 12/6 closing last year, inclusive, Creel Limit: 3 fish down from 4 fish

Massachusetts had its hearing on black sea bass on Wednesday night after I shot this video, so I will pass along any updates I receive there in a future video. The same goes for Rhode Island.

On Tuesday night, the NY DEC had its hearing on black sea bass and it was an extremely well attended meeting. I must say that I am impressed with the turnout that New York musters when these hot topics arise. Jim Hutchinson Jr. was in attendance on behalf of The Fisherman, and he reports back that the four northern states – MA, RI, CT & NY – have filed an appeal with the ASMFC requesting that they take another look at black sea bass with specific reference being made to the distribution of cuts for 2018. Further, it requests that the ASMFC review whether the regulations across the entire coast are fair and equitable. In the meantime, any regulations that have been set – as in CT for example – remain in place until official changes are announced. You can check out a full recap of the meeting including video of Jim’s comments at TheFisherman.com and on our Facebook page. And be sure to stay tuned to The Fisherman Magazine for more details as this ongoing story develops.

The Fisherman Weighs in on 2018 Black Sea Bass Options in New York: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPGsR...
March 27, 2018 NYDEC Sea Bass Hearing Update w/ Tim Smith from The Fisherman: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPrPJ...

Before I get into the fishing report, I have one last announcement to make. This Saturday I will be up at Red Top Sporting Goods in Buzzards Bay, MA, right near the Cape Cod Canal, as they kick off their annual Spring Sale. This is a great opportunity to not only catch some amazing deals, but to also get a hands-on look at some new fishing gear as the shelves will be fully stocked and several tackle reps will be available to answer all your questions.

Moving into some fishing that you can do right now, it’s more of the same as we had last week, but as of Sunday, April 1, blackfish and winter flounder seasons open in Connecticut waters. While it’s obviously too early to pass along any reports on either species just yet, I pose a challenge to the viewers of this video to see who can get me the first confirmed flounder and the first confirmed blackfish in CT waters. If you catch either of these species, take a quick picture and email it to me at tlapinski@thefisherman.com, and to confirm that this is a new fish picture and you’re not rehashing last year’s fish, put up 3 fingers on one hand as your “proof” of it being a fresh fish. For the first person to do this on each species, I’ll feature you in an upcoming report video and send you out a little congratulations. So send in those pictures, and if it works out, I’ll do this again as other seasons open up this spring.

For a little change of pace, if you’re looking to do some warm-weather fishing right now at a rather reasonable rate, why not shoot down to Florida like Fisherman subscriber Alan Sharaf recently did? He was down in Sarasota for a few days of fishing and reports getting in on a good mix of redfish, sea trout, snook, jack and other local species. Remember that you can keep on top of what’s going on down south with our weekly traveling angler fishing reports which appear both in print as well as online at TheFisherman.com.

Be sure to check back next week as I will have details on our final show in Hartford, as well as hopefully some fresh reports on flounder and blackfish!

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Survival Beach Fishing Catch and Cook!
Senko Skipper

IT IS SO COLD. Nothin like beach fishing by the fire. Today we are doing some survival fishing AKA a catch and cook. This fire is pretty much the only thing keeping us from freezing... The fire and the fish that we are roasting! We are fishing some seriously chilly temperatures and winds, if you intend to try this adventure for yourself please be sure to be prepared.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
The TRUTH about SITTING vs STANDING in a KAYAK!
Yak Motley

I wanted to put a solid opinion out there about Sitting vs. Standing in a kayak. A kayak should not be rated solely on whether you can stand in it. I think this topic has gotten way out into left field. Here is my opinion as to whether to buy a kayak that you can stand in.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
April 5, 2018 New Jersey/Delaware Bay Fishing Report with Jim Hutchinson, Jr.
The Fisherman Magazine

Published on Apr 6, 2018
Another strange weather weekend ahead as meteorologists are watching several systems moving across the U.S. - depending on the track and strength of an area of low pressure off the Northeast coast, forecasters believe another snow or rain-and-snow could spread out across the shore on Saturday bringing 1 to 3 inches of accumulation from Lewes, DE to Sea Bright, NJ. It’s not the first time we’ve seen snow on New Jersey’s trout season opener (set for Saturday, April 7), and it certainly won’t be the last!

Despite lower than normal temperatures, the striper bite continues to improve from south to north, with more fish being caught in local rivers, creeks and along the bayshore region. The return of the tautog fishery in New Jersey was met with mostly windy conditions this week, but captains are keeping an eye on the forecast and looking forward to hitting the local wrecks again in the coming days.

Bunker, laughing gulls, ospreys – the table has been set, it’s only a matter of time before the migratory bass, blues and weakies settle in for their spring feed.

Follow along with our weekly report updates for NJ/DE region at http://www.thefisherman.com/index.cfm...

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
April 5, 2018 Long Island Metro Fishing Report with Fred Golofaro
The Fisherman Magazine

Published on Apr 6, 2018
Flounder and blackfish seasons officially opens on April 1st but the joke was on us as the Easter Holiday and Monday’s snowstorm combined to throw a shutout on both species. Once again, fishing reports remained pretty much non-existent through the early part of this week. On the other hand, tackle shops are now stocked with bait for tog and flounder, and several open boats plan on targeting these species over the next couple of weeks so we should get a better read on the action once they get going. Cod are an option with your best bet hopping on a long range trip, while tilefish are another option for those willing to take the ride. White perch action has improved in South Shore tidal creeks, and reports of good action with small stripers continue to come from the Connetquot River. We also received a reliable report of stripers in Jamaica Bay, where one angler scored a dozen schoolies to 27 inches, and also of some small fish in the western Sound. Reports of good trout fishing are coming from all around the Island thanks to the recent stockings of browns and rainbows in local lakes, ponds and streams. Most likely the best trout fishing to be found on Saturday will be in Belmont Lake, where over 2000 trout have been stocked for the annual Family Fishing Festival.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
April 5, 2018 New England Fishing Report with Toby Lapinski
The Fisherman Magazine

Published on Apr 6, 2018
This week marks the first weekly issue of The Fisherman Magazine for the 2018 print schedule. This means that from now through Thanksgiving, subscribers to The Fisherman will receive a magazine in their email and/or mailbox every single week. And while you’re not going to see a random-generated digital chart of where you can expect to find the stripers each week based on the date on the calendar, what you will get is the most accurate and up-to-date LOCAL fishing reports for your area topped off with a selection of timely fishing articles and news items each and every week for the next 34 weeks. Just remember, this is only available for subscribers. If you’re used to picking up The Fisherman Magazine at your local news stand then you’re missing out on 26 of the 38 total issues that we print each year.

Looking forward to the weekend, first up on the agenda we have the final fishing show of the 2018 season, the Northeast Fishing & Hunting Show at the Hartford Convention Center. You can find The Fisherman Magazine at booth #104 which is on the right immediately after entering the main doors. I will be there both Friday and Saturday, and I hope to you as well.

Moving into the fishing forecast for the weekend, for those who prefer popcorn trail forecasts, my 5-year-old son indicates that some big bass can be found somewhere between Manchester, NH and roughly the southern edge of Hudson Canyon. Now he wasn’t willing to divulge the size of the stripers being caught, but you’d be well-advised to grab your rod and get out there and hit the water before the school moves on or gets eaten by Godzilla. Stay tuned in the coming weeks as he updates the map with his real-time findings.

On a serious note, I spotted my first school of river herring last week in a local Connecticut run and got word from several sources that a few other runs across the state also have herring in them. You can check out a short video clip of the herring which I posted on our Facebook page last week. This influx of larger bait in the tidal rivers has spiked the holdover striped bass action with some really good catches made in recent days. The bigger bass continue to fall to night time anglers fishing deep with soft plastics like the JoeBaggs Patriot Fish and Freedom Fish, but as the waters warm the bite will improve on plastic swimmers and even topwater by day.

I am still awaiting the first locally confirmed catch of a winter flounder or blackfish. As I noted in last week’s video, I put out a little bounty for the first photographic evidence of a catch on both species. To recap, I’m offering both a featured reference in a weekly video as well as a special congratulations package for the photo emailed to me at tlapinski@thefisherman.com. To confirm that this is a new fish picture and you’re not rehashing last year’s fish, simply put up 3 fingers on one hand as your “proof” of it being a fresh fish.

I talked to the crew up at the Yankee Fleet in Gloucester this week, and they wanted me to remind everyone that they kick off the 2018 fishing season on April 15 at 7 AM. The primary target will be haddock and last year’s regulations remain in effect. They will then be sailing every say on both 7-4 trips as well as 1- and 2-day overnight marathon trips going forward from there. You can see Capt. Tom this weekend at the Hartford show for some exclusive discounts, or you can buy your tickets right now on their website.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Looking for SHARKS in the SURF!
Yak Motley

Published on Apr 7, 2018
We headed out to Pensacola Beach, Florida to do some fishing on a Friday afternoon with ANGLERUP, YAKIN WITH JACK, BAMA BEACH BUM, David Miller and some friends. We set up for SHARK fishing and surf fishing on the beach and invited everyone to join!

Please follow me on Facebook and Instagram @yakmotley.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Catch and Cook: Chinese Restaurant Cooks our FRESH CATCH!
Senko Skipper

Published on Apr 7, 2018
Here is a fun way to get your fresh catch cooked! Part 2 of our catch and cook, we bring our fish to our local Chinese restaurant and have them prep it 3 different ways! Galaxy Asian Cuisine is one of our favorite restaurants located in Catonsville, Maryland. They agreed to cook our fish! IF you want to try this for yourself, just start calling your local restaurants and ask if they will cook your fish for you!

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
SPRING STRIPED BASS HUSTLE!
EliasVFishing

Published on Apr 12, 2018
Tougher start than usual around here. An unusually cold spring have made things challenging to say the least. I decided to work the plugging and snap jigging over the trolling methods as fish were hunkered down to the bottom of the bay. Most boats are catching on cut bait so the usual plugging had me at a lack of confidence. When the tide was slow I plugged a few, but as soon as it ripped jig and pop methods seemed to work best. I did troll some fish working a variety of depths with different jigheads as well. Generally I am fishing in this environment in 10-15 FOW with ¾oz jigs to 1.5 covering all the bases I’ll normally need.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Clamming Underwater View! Catch and Cook Beer Steam Recipe and Cam Review
John Skinner Fishing

Published on Apr 7, 2018
A revealing underwater view of clamming for hard clams (quahogs). The clams are cooked with a simple beer steaming recipe. Underwater video includes a review of the new GoFish Underwater Camera.

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
HOW TO: FIND STOCKED TROUT in YOUR LOCAL WATERSHEDS (Philadelphia, PA)
Extreme Philly Fishing

Published on Apr 11, 2018

April 10th, 2018 -- Part 3/5 of my "Stocked Trout" Series here on the Channel. In the previous videos, we talked a little bit about Gear/Setup & the ideology/philosophy behind a catch-and-take fishery. In this video, we talk about location/spots.

How can you find out if there are stocked Trout in your area? Or in your bodies of water? Or in the spot in front of you?

Watch the video and thou shall find out!

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Catching the MOST BEAUTIFUL Fish in the Deep Sea!
Darcizzle Offshore

Published on Apr 9, 2018
In this fishing video Florida fishing girl goes deep sea fishing. The plan was to troll for fish, saltwater trolling for mahi. We catch a colorful mahi mahi aka dolphin offshore fishing. Plus how to troll fishing tips!

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Sr Site Supporter
Catching My Own SUSHI! Tuna Catch, Clean and Cook!
Brook Crist Outdoors

Published on Apr 9, 2018
Viktor and I trolled planars out of Hillsboro Inlet for a couple hours looking to catch wahoo, and we ended up catching a Black fin Tuna, kingfish and a Barracuda we released. I teach you how to clean a black fin Tuna and I make a ton of homemade sushi, seared tuna, and fried African Pompano and Kingfish. You don't want to miss this recipe!