• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

The dollar reset

smilershouse

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Hi guys,

An increasing amount of noise on the www about a dollar reset, repricing Au at $US10,000 an ounce. Seems impossible to pull off, but Trump is known to pull off the impossible.

Thoughts and input welcome.

SH

arminius

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
You can trade it for a house, except for the fake title thingy. But if gold gets to that, the whole title thingy will be moot as well...

Fungability is the answer here, silver and fractionals...

Ragnarok

I'd rather be
Midas Member
Fwiw:

“Date: Tue Nov 25 1997 10:06 
ANOTHER (THOUGHTS!) ID#60253:
a reply,
Date: Mon Nov 24 1997 21:08 
Allen ( USA ) ( @Another ( Thoughts! ) and all RE: Mercantilism ) ID#255190:
Allen, 
The US$ is today, backed by oil. As all other currencies are but "digital units" tied directly to the dollar, they are indirectly on the oil standard also. This world currency position is supported thru the BIS. In CB circles, it is well known that the world debt markets as we know them, can only be maintained with cheap and cheaper oil! Without cheap oil the entire system fails and reverts back to pay as you go economies. This is the central reason for "two price gold".
With gold discounted to it's production cost and below, those that have it can trade it for it's monetary value. Make no mistake, the BIS knows gold in the many thousands. The future "reset value" of gold is the key. "support the dollar with oil and the currency system works" "fail the currencies and the dollar will come off the oil standard and the BIS will reset gold to $10,000+ with many conditions"
That is why they continue to accept the dollar as a reserve. If Japan or any other COUNTRY sells US treasury debt it's all over!”

smilershouse

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I agree on Ragnarok,

Whatever happens to the price of Gold and oil will be out of touch for the majority to benefit. If this move to reprice the oil markets though Gold and a consequence of Ag hike happen, Jo and Jane Public will be the last to know about it. My guess is also a two-tier price of gold. One price for the international exchange Bourse, and one for the bullion. Saddam and Gadaffi attempted other bourses and look what happened to them? The dollar to Oil peg MUST continue at all costs.

I sincerely hope I am wrong, but when the superpowers say yay, so the rest of the world follows.

SH

Last edited:

smilershouse

Gold Member
Gold Chaser