• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

The DS is in trouble

Son of Gloin

Certainty of death? What are we waiting for?
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
If they were that important you would think they wouldn't rely on a commercial shipper and would have used a private courier instead. This story stinks to high heaven. It's a publicity stunt and Tucker is finally showing the color of his stripes. All MSM is owned and operated by the DS. He sucked everyone in with his right wing stories and attitude then at the 11th hour, when it hurts the most, he looks like an idiot and gives the left a tool to laugh at.

It's all in the master plan!!
I don’t get it. How is the scenario you described part of a master plan? Tucker being made out to be a right wing hero, then blowing it according to some plan?

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
I don’t get it. How is the scenario you described part of a master plan? Tucker being made out to be a right wing hero, then blowing it according to some plan?
I don't trust the main stream media. They've been playing us all for decades. I don't care what they say or how 'on our side' they sound. They're not journalists, they're tyrants and traitors...the enemy of the people. I've been consistently saying this all along. Faux News is the MSM just as sure as CNN is! They play for the same team

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I don't trust the main stream media. They've been playing us all for decades. I don't care what they say or how 'on our side' they sound. They're not journalists, they're tyrants and traitors...the enemy of the people. I've been consistently saying this all along. Faux News is the MSM just as sure as CNN is! They play for the same team
You’re assuming then that everybody who even appears to be “on our side,” isn’t really then. See now, I despise the media, generally, just as much as you do, but I still believe there are a few honest holdouts that grew up with the same moral standards as all the rest of us and have retained them. I’m not cynical enough to believe that Tucker, Hannitty, Levin, Rush, Beck, Bongino, Ingraham and a few others are just yanking our chain. They might be, but I have a little faith left.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
You’re assuming then that everybody who even appears to be “on our side,” isn’t really then. See now, I despise the media, generally, just as much as you do, but I still believe there are a few honest holdouts that grew up with the same moral standards as all the rest of us and have retained them. I’m not cynical enough to believe that Tucker, Hannitty, Levin, Rush, Beck, Bongino, Ingraham and a few others are just yanking our chain. They might be, but I have a little faith left.
I question everything. At no other time in history has it been more evident that nothing is as it appears than today. I submit to you brother that independent thinking isn't a bad thing these days and trust must be earned. I listen, I evaluate and I make determinations. I trust none of them.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
I don't always agree with this guy. He seems too full of himself but what he says about the Tucker situation in this video makes a lot of sense to me
Be objective and question everything, not just the leftists. Don't be a drone!!! Fox is controlled opposition!!

Last edited:

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Over at Flopping Aces they have an interesting take on Tucker’s missing documents.

http://www.floppingaces.net/2020/10/29/was-it-a-sting-operation/

Was it a sting operation?

Let’s play “what if?”

What if Carlson suspected someone in his circle was a spy?

What if he wanted to prove that the Biden campaign had a lot to lose and sent someone to make them disappear?

What if he was smoking someone out?

What if he set this in motion as a sting operation? That would be classic Tucker.

I could be all wrong, of course, but something is afoot. Look forward to tonight.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Over at Flopping Aces they have an interesting take on Tucker’s missing documents.

http://www.floppingaces.net/2020/10/29/was-it-a-sting-operation/

Was it a sting operation?

Let’s play “what if?”

What if Carlson suspected someone in his circle was a spy?

What if he wanted to prove that the Biden campaign had a lot to lose and sent someone to make them disappear?

What if he was smoking someone out?

What if he set this in motion as a sting operation? That would be classic Tucker.

I could be all wrong, of course, but something is afoot. Look forward to tonight.
Tonight will be more "Radio gaga, radio goo goo, radio blah blah!"
(the late great Freddie Mercury)
Turn off your TV

Last edited:

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Be objective and question everything, not just the leftists. Don't be a drone!!! ...
I am not a drone, Shooter, just because I see things a little different than you do. Give me credit for a couple of operational brain cells.

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Nothing to see here folks

https://kdvr.com/news/local/jim-davis-former-head-of-denver-fbi-office-dies-unexpectedly/

Jim Davis, former head of Denver FBI office, dies unexpectedly

Local

by: Web Staff
Posted: Oct 31, 2020 / 08:51 AM MDT / Updated: Oct 31, 2020 / 08:51 AM MDT

Jim Davis, shown here helping FBI agents fingerprint Saddam Hussein after the former dictator’s capture in Iraq, also served as the director of the Colorado Dept. of Public Safety.

AddThis Sharing Buttons
Share to Facebook
Share to TwitterShare to WhatsAppShare to SMSShare to EmailShare to More
DENVER (KDVR) — James “Jim” Davis, the former special agent in charge at the Denver office of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, died Friday.
A source told FOX31 and Channel 2 that Davis’ death was unexpected.
Originally from Detroit, Davis started his career with the FBI in 1985. He spent time in the Richmond, Chicago and Indianapolis offices, as well as at headquarters in Quantico, Virginia.
Davis was appointed to lead the Denver FBI office in 2008. Before that, he was the legal attaché in the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad.
During his time in Iraq, Davis was the FBI agent who fingerprinted Saddam Hussein after he was captured.
While in charge of the Denver Division, he oversaw the successful 2009 investigation of Najibullah Zazi, whose plot to bomb the New York City subway was thwarted by federal agents.
After his time as special agent in charge in Denver, Davis became the head of the Colorado Department of Public Safety under then-Gov. John Hickenlooper.
Under Davis’ leadership at the department, the state successfully integrated homeland security, emergency management and wildland firefighting into a single department.
This new structure resulted in more coordinated and effective responses to emergencies such as the High Park, Waldo Canyon, Royal Gorge and Black Forest fires, as well as the September 2013 floods.
In 2014, he left that position to start his own security firm.

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Nothing to see here folks

https://kdvr.com/news/local/jim-davis-former-head-of-denver-fbi-office-dies-unexpectedly/

Jim Davis, former head of Denver FBI office, dies unexpectedly

Local

by: Web Staff
Posted: Oct 31, 2020 / 08:51 AM MDT / Updated: Oct 31, 2020 / 08:51 AM MDT

Jim Davis, shown here helping FBI agents fingerprint Saddam Hussein after the former dictator’s capture in Iraq, also served as the director of the Colorado Dept. of Public Safety.

AddThis Sharing Buttons
Share to Facebook
Share to TwitterShare to WhatsAppShare to SMSShare to EmailShare to More
DENVER (KDVR) — James “Jim” Davis, the former special agent in charge at the Denver office of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, died Friday.
A source told FOX31 and Channel 2 that Davis’ death was unexpected.
Originally from Detroit, Davis started his career with the FBI in 1985. He spent time in the Richmond, Chicago and Indianapolis offices, as well as at headquarters in Quantico, Virginia.
Davis was appointed to lead the Denver FBI office in 2008. Before that, he was the legal attaché in the U.S. Embassy in Baghdad.
During his time in Iraq, Davis was the FBI agent who fingerprinted Saddam Hussein after he was captured.
While in charge of the Denver Division, he oversaw the successful 2009 investigation of Najibullah Zazi, whose plot to bomb the New York City subway was thwarted by federal agents.
After his time as special agent in charge in Denver, Davis became the head of the Colorado Department of Public Safety under then-Gov. John Hickenlooper.
Under Davis’ leadership at the department, the state successfully integrated homeland security, emergency management and wildland firefighting into a single department.
This new structure resulted in more coordinated and effective responses to emergencies such as the High Park, Waldo Canyon, Royal Gorge and Black Forest fires, as well as the September 2013 floods.
In 2014, he left that position to start his own security firm.
He supposedly died of a heart attack while walking his dog. Question is, is this just a run of the mill heart attack or a Breitbart heart attack?

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
I am not a drone, Shooter, just because I see things a little different than you do. Give me credit for a couple of operational brain cells.
Sorry SOG, my post comes off as being a little too crass and self serving; and that sir was not my intention at all. That drone comment was not meant to be directed towards you but upon rereading it it certainly seems to be to the average reader. My profound apologies!

Last edited:

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
He supposedly died of a heart attack while walking his dog. Question is, is this just a run of the mill heart attack or a Breitbart heart attack?
More FBI guys need to walk their dog

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
More FBI guys need to walk their dog
I agree to a point. The corrupt ones do.

Have to be careful using that broad brush. There’s a lot of good people in the FBI. The corrupt FBI hierarchy keeps them from doing their job.

Buck

Come On, Man!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
He supposedly died of a heart attack while walking his dog.
side note: sarcastic nature:::

if it wasn't a heart attack, he wasn't very good at his job...personally, i'll suspect a heart attack

this guy coulda been high strung or high on crack...look at what he did for a living

until we know more, we may not, but, he gets some credit for walking his dog and hopefully he wasn't walking it in a public restroom with a child...just saying

RIP

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
I agree to a point. The corrupt ones do.

Have to be careful using that broad brush. There’s a lot of good people in the FBI. The corrupt FBI hierarchy keeps them from doing their job.
Of course I'm not talking about the grunts, I'm talking about the leadership, which is still corrupt. 4 Years later it still needs a massive cleanup!

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Bitch be wack. Loosing control of the plantation.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/202...-are-shameful-i-will-never-ever-forgive-them/

Maxine Waters: Black Trump Voters Are ‘Shameful’ — ‘I Will Never Ever Forgive Them’
Representative Maxine Waters (D-CA) said Friday on SiriusXM’s “The Joe Madison Show” that Black voters intending to cast ballots for President Donald Trump are “shameful.”

Waters said, “I don’t even know where any Blacks would be coming from that would be voting for Trump. It just hurts me so bad to see Blacks talking about supporting Trump. I don’t know why they would be doing it. I don’t know why it is on their minds. But if we don’t turn out this vote and turn it our huge, this man could end up winning again. This country would go backward. The divisiveness that this deplorable human being has caused, the confrontation, the dog-whistling to the right-wing, the white supremacists, the KKK, and they are coming alive. They are emboldened because they have a leader.”

She continued, “He’s a racist. He does not have any appreciation for Black people and Black women in particular. He talked about us so bad. He talked about John Lewis so bad. He talked about Cummings so bad. He has no respect for us. He is not doing anything for us. For those black young men who think somehow they can align themselves with Trump, not only are they terrible mistaken, any of them showing their face, I will never ever forgive them for undermining the possibility to help their own people and their own communities.”

She added, “It is absolutely unconscionable. It is shameful, but if they would spend some time with us, we would help them to know what we’re struggling for and how they would be able to help us in this struggle.”

Evl Bnkr

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter ++
Bitch be wack. Loosing control of the plantation.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/202...-are-shameful-i-will-never-ever-forgive-them/

Maxine Waters: Black Trump Voters Are ‘Shameful’ — ‘I Will Never Ever Forgive Them’
Representative Maxine Waters (D-CA) said Friday on SiriusXM’s “The Joe Madison Show” that Black voters intending to cast ballots for President Donald Trump are “shameful.”

Waters said, “I don’t even know where any Blacks would be coming from that would be voting for Trump. It just hurts me so bad to see Blacks talking about supporting Trump. I don’t know why they would be doing it. I don’t know why it is on their minds. But if we don’t turn out this vote and turn it our huge, this man could end up winning again. This country would go backward. The divisiveness that this deplorable human being has caused, the confrontation, the dog-whistling to the right-wing, the white supremacists, the KKK, and they are coming alive. They are emboldened because they have a leader.”

She continued, “He’s a racist. He does not have any appreciation for Black people and Black women in particular. He talked about us so bad. He talked about John Lewis so bad. He talked about Cummings so bad. He has no respect for us. He is not doing anything for us. For those black young men who think somehow they can align themselves with Trump, not only are they terrible mistaken, any of them showing their face, I will never ever forgive them for undermining the possibility to help their own people and their own communities.”

She added, “It is absolutely unconscionable. It is shameful, but if they would spend some time with us, we would help them to know what we’re struggling for and how they would be able to help us in this struggle.”
Was this condescending bloviating coming from her while struggling for equality from her $6mm mansion?

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
November 10th, 2020

Former Google CEO and Clinton lackey Eric Schmidt has reportedly applied to become a citizen of the island of Cyprus, essentially buying a passport that would allow him to enter the European Union. The move as Schmidt is reportedly being courted for a prominent tech role in a Biden administration.
The Cyprus citizenship program is one of around a half-dozen programs in the world that allows foreigners to essentially purchase citizenship rights, bypassing any residency requirements by making a payment or investment in the host country.
Schmidt is known for his close ties to the Democrats, as well as his deep involvement with their election campaigns. These have paid off in terms of government roles at both the state and national level.​

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2020...-schmidt-applies-to-become-citizen-of-cyprus/

https://www.vox.com/recode/2020/11/9/21547055/eric-schmidt-google-citizen-cyprus-european-union

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
November 10th, 2020

Former Google CEO and Clinton lackey Eric Schmidt has reportedly applied to become a citizen of the island of Cyprus, essentially buying a passport that would allow him to enter the European Union. The move as Schmidt is reportedly being courted for a prominent tech role in a Biden administration.
The Cyprus citizenship program is one of around a half-dozen programs in the world that allows foreigners to essentially purchase citizenship rights, bypassing any residency requirements by making a payment or investment in the host country.
Schmidt is known for his close ties to the Democrats, as well as his deep involvement with their election campaigns. These have paid off in terms of government roles at both the state and national level.​

https://www.breitbart.com/tech/2020...-schmidt-applies-to-become-citizen-of-cyprus/

https://www.vox.com/recode/2020/11/9/21547055/eric-schmidt-google-citizen-cyprus-european-union
Someone looking for an escape route?

Interesting timing. Why all of a sudden now?

Having dual nationality would only complicate his transition into a Biden cabinet position.

Why make it harder for yourself unless you really are beginning to suspect that it won’t happen like you hoped it would?

Thecrensh

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
November 10th, 2020

Former Google CEO and Clinton lackey Eric Schmidt has reportedly applied to become a citizen of the island of Cyprus, essentially buying a passport that would allow him to enter the European Union. The move as Schmidt is reportedly being courted for a prominent tech role in a Biden administration.​
The Cyprus citizenship program is one of around a half-dozen programs in the world that allows foreigners to essentially purchase citizenship rights, bypassing any residency requirements by making a payment or investment in the host country.​

Why flee to Cyprus? Unless...there's no extradition laws to the US and lots of Russian banks to put your money into.

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Why flee to Cyprus? Unless...there's no extradition laws to the US and lots of Russian banks to put your money into.
Lots of corrupt officials in Cyprus. Easy to get a new identity and as you mentioned, plenty of Russian banks to hide money in.

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
More at link.

https://archive.fo/SNdBp

We mapped their networks
SoL !!dHKse59l7v2 ID:qvtJtmRN Tue 10 Nov 2020 12:50:22 No.289539968 ViewReplyOriginalReport
Quoted By: >>289540587 >>289541711 >>289541932 >>289542110 >>289542260 >>289542270 >>289542534 >>289542563 >>289542649 >>289542697 >>289542725 >>289542997 >>289543105 >>289543269 >>289544289 >>289544681 >>289544775 >>289544961 >>289545403 >>289545541 >>289545781 >>289545885 >>289546058 >>289546128 >>289546436 >>289546511 >>289547095 >>289547284 >>289547383 >>289547386 >>289547634 >>289547703 >>289548178 >>289548268 >>289548440 >>289548603 >>289549124 >>289549173 >>289549362 >>289549421 >>289549980 >>289550129 >>289550580 >>289550592 >>289550698

For the last two months, we've been wardriving antifa activity, letting them associate with mobile base stations to access internet, so we could look at their traffic. The results were extremely interesting. We were able to map roughly 8632 individuals engaged at all levels of antifa activity, from rioting to handling funds for riot gear and legal fees. We will be leaking this information periodically. Make sure to use whatever leads we leak to dig. This helps us retain opsec to release it piecemeal, and ask you to analyze it. We're giving you enough to find valuable connections, it's up to you.

View SameGoogleiqdbSauceNAOTrace olivia-katbi-smith-DSA-Antifa.png, 450KiB, 724x2199

anon ID:qvtJtmRN Tue 10 Nov 2020 12:52:34 No.289540292 Report

Olivia Katbi handles funds between CAIR, DSA, and Antifa that participated in the riots this year. She is connected to high-ranking members of CAIR in the DNC through her family.

View SameGoogleiqdbSauceNAOTrace olivia-katbi-smith-DSA-Antifa.png, 450KiB, 724x2199

SoL !!dHKse59l7v2 ID:qvtJtmRN Tue 10 Nov 2020 12:53:46 No.289540483 Report

Quoted By: >>289542260 >>289542293 >>289542489 >>289545091 >>289545960 >>289546890 >>289547999 >>289550268

Olivia Katbi handles funds between CAIR, DSA, and Antifa that participated in the riots this year. She is connected to high-ranking members of CAIR in the DNC through her family

Anonymous ID:Ipttv3iq Tue 10 Nov 2020 12:54:29 No.289540587 Report

>>289539968
Based sons of liberty

View SameGoogleiqdbSauceNAOTrace Rothstein-Adam-R-Rose-City-Antifa.png, 264KiB, 724x2199

SoL !!dHKse59l7v2 ID:qvtJtmRN Tue 10 Nov 2020 12:56:39 No.289540931 Report

Quoted By: >>289542092 >>289542260 >>289542355 >>289542489 >>289543316 >>289544641 >>289545289 >>289546886 >>289547605 >>289548083 >>289550268

Adam Rothstein organizes riots for antifa.

View SameGoogleiqdbSauceNAOTrace nicholas-vincent-cifuni-dox.png, 420KiB, 724x2199

SoL !!dHKse59l7v2 ID:qvtJtmRN Tue 10 Nov 2020 12:58:37 No.289541260 Report

Quoted By: >>289542982 >>289547880 >>289550268

Nicholas Cifuni handles funds to equip and train antifa in the Portland area.

SoL !!dHKse59l7v2 ID:qvtJtmRN Tue 10 Nov 2020 12:59:56 No.289541489 Report

Quoted By: >>289542665 >>289542787 >>289543506

more to come, stay tuned

Anonymous ID:heAabYJT Tue 10 Nov 2020 13:00:40 No.289541609 Report

Lol. All they wanted to do was play video games. Fucking retarded progressives accidentally the whole political party.

Anonymous ID:+WW4+oFa Tue 10 Nov 2020 13:01:15 No.289541711 Report

Quoted By: >>289542587 >>289542649 >>289545485 >>289548109 >>289550825

>>289539968
too bad I have memeflag delouser so I can't fucking read the rest of the thread. :) I don't care how good your data is learn how to fucking post under a fucking flag you stupid namefag

Anonymous ID:5X39x4CQ Tue 10 Nov 2020 13:02:37 No.289541932 Report

>>289539968
bumping for interest

Anonymous ID:4Oi7Q75j Tue 10 Nov 2020 13:03:40 No.289542092 Report

>>289540931
Bumping for great justice

Anonymous ID:sAgy9v3z Tue 10 Nov 2020 13:03:46 No.289542110 Report

Quoted By: >>289542335

>>289539968
If you're going to post something then post something, I don't need to read a dumbfuck trailer/preview for a post to come

Anonymous ID:kQY3cRXC Tue 10 Nov 2020 13:04:46 No.289542260 Report

>>289539968
>>289540483
>>289540931
Keep this shit bumped faggots

Anonymous ID:qR9dHhNe Tue 10 Nov 2020 13:04:50 No.289542270 Report

>>289539968
where can i browse this archive?

Anonymous ID:16E/bbs3 Tue 10 Nov 2020 13:05:00 No.289542293 Report

>>289540483
Bump

Anonymous ID:V9Rn9XY3 Tue 10 Nov 2020 13:05:16 No.289542326 Report

Based op isn't a fag

Anonymous ID:4Oi7Q75j Tue 10 Nov 2020 13:05:19 No.289542335 Report

Quoted By: >>289543254

>>289542110
Found the ANTIFA(g)

Anonymous ID:uQWo4kQ8 Tue 10 Nov 2020 13:05:29 No.289542355 Report

>>289540931
>stein

Anonymous ID:5X39x4CQ Tue 10 Nov 2020 13:06:26 No.289542489 Report

>>289540483
>>289540931
Are they all in the Democrat party?

Anonymous ID:Zlx8WHC9 Tue 10 Nov 2020 13:06:41 No.289542534 Report

>>289539968
prof?

Anonymous ID:XTTAzZKd Tue 10 Nov 2020 13:06:51 No.289542563 Report

>>289539968
Good shit.

...and that, kids, is why you're retarded if you let yourself get honeypotted to an irl meetup or something.

Anonymous ID:ej8UjJ+i Tue 10 Nov 2020 13:06:59 No.289542587 Report

>>289541711
Hi Glowie

Anonymous ID:x5tYiKKP Tue 10 Nov 2020 13:07:04 No.289542606 Report

bump

Anonymous ID:4Oi7Q75j Tue 10 Nov 2020 13:07:19 No.289542649 Report

>>289539968
Using this trip/name for leaks?
>>289541711
Bump

Anonymous ID:aYVWdkwh Tue 10 Nov 2020 13:07:24 No.289542665 Report

Quoted By: >>289543650

>>289541489
Got any in Australia?

Anonymous ID:yh4roiM5 Tue 10 Nov 2020 13:07:34 No.289542697 Report

>>289539968
Bump. Thanks anon

Anonymous ID:xeU+Oynh Tue 10 Nov 2020 13:07:42 No.289542725 Report

Quoted By: >>289542858 >>289544987

>>289539968

good give us the list we will assemble a squad and start eliminating antifa one by one

Anonymous ID:+BTnmaIe Tue 10 Nov 2020 13:08:06 No.289542787 Report

>>289541489
tuned in here , doin gods work man

Anonymous ID:gcxb3mKD Tue 10 Nov 2020 13:08:10 No.289542795 Report

Holy fucking based.

Anonymous ID:x5OuKmpR Tue 10 Nov 2020 13:08:35 No.289542858 Report

Quoted By: >>289543137

>>289542725
fed alert

Anonymous ID:7F8sPLwt Tue 10 Nov 2020 13:08:53 No.289542902 Report

Quoted By: >>289546402

Sure thing schizo ;)

Anonymous ID:2sUEBZOF Tue 10 Nov 2020 13:09:29 No.289542982 Report

>>289541260
Bump fuck ANTIFAGs and Tranifa

Anonymous ID:xeU+Oynh Tue 10 Nov 2020 13:09:34 No.289542997 Report

>>289539968

what software did you use to do that and build that diagram?

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Son of Gloin

Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Does this sound like confidence or bs?

Ya gotta wonder if those people actually believe the shit they’re shoveling, to quote Sgt. Al Powell from DieHard. Also, if that is Andrea Mitchell (I believe it is), she doesn’t sound very confident. Podesta is a seasoned liar.

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
1605206132935.png
1605206149314.png

the_shootist

Old Pasty White Guy
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
1605206527178.png

PANIC setting in!!!

ABC123

Midas Board Mmbr
Platinum Bling
Site Supporter ++
Going all out treason now....There are not 2 PRESIDENTS!!!!

Biden affirms security treaty applies to Senkaku Islands in Suga call

U.S. President-elect Joe Biden sought to shore up ties with key Asian allies on Thursday morning, by making his first calls with the leaders of Japan, South Korea and Australia.

In Biden's 15-minute conversation with Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga, the two leaders agreed to cooperate on fighting the coronavirus and climate change. Suga said the Japan-U.S. alliance, while needing strengthening, is the cornerstone of his country's diplomacy and security, stressing that it is essential for the peace and prosperity of an increasingly unstable region.

Biden confirmed that Article 5 of the Japan-U.S. Security Treaty will be applied to the defense of Okinawa Prefecture and the Senkaku Islands. Article 5 stipulates that the U.S. is obliged to defend Japan should its territories come under attack. Former President Barack Obama was the first U.S. leader to declare that the pact applies to the Senkakus.

Chinese vessels have been sighted near the islands, claimed by Beijing and known as Diaoyu in China, on more than 280 days this year – moves that have ratcheted up pressure on Japan and drawn protests from Tokyo.

When asked about the call, Chinese Foreign Ministry spokesperson Wang Wenbin told reporters Thursday that the islands are "China's inherent territory" and that the U.S.-Japan security treaty is "a product of the Cold War and should not harm the interests of third parties, let alone endanger regional peace and stability." Suga said he looked forward to "meeting [Biden] as soon as possible," in reference to a planned February 2021 visit to the U.S. after the presidential inauguration ceremony. The Japanese prime minister called for cooperation toward realizing a "free and open Indo-Pacific" led by Japan and the U.S. He also requested cooperation on the issue of North Korean abductions of Japanese citizens. After the call, Suga told reporters "it was very important to work with Biden to strengthen the Japan-U.S. alliance."

This is a departure from President Donald Trump, who was seeking a review of the alliance during the presidential campaign four years ago, before reaffirming that the treaty covers the Senkakus to former Prime Minister Shinzo Abe at their first summit in February 2017. Also separating the pair from Trump are their commitments to tackling climate change. Suga has set a goal of reducing carbon emissions to net zero by 2050, and Biden has pledged to return the U.S. to the Paris Agreement.

On the COVID-19 response, Biden has called on a team of experts to develop an action plan to be implemented at the same time as the inauguration of his administration, while Suga plans to align with the U.S. in the development and securement of vaccines. The two sides committed to keep on coordinating views on China's advances in the South China Sea and the East China Sea, as well as North Korea's nuclear and missile development. Japan will pay close attention to how Biden approaches China in the face of the ongoing Washington-Beijing tensions.

Meanwhile, South Korean President Moon Jae-in also had a call with Biden on Thursday morning, in which the pair agreed on the need for a strong alliance and keeping peace on the Korean Peninsula. "I just spoke to @JoeBiden and congratulated him on his election. We reaffirmed our firm commitment to a robust ROK-US alliance and peaceful and prosperous Korean Peninsula. Going forward, I will work closely with him to meet global challenges including COVID-19 and climate change," Moon said on Twitter. But with Biden calling North Korean leader Kim Jong Un a "thug," analysts say Moon may face difficulties pushing for engagement with Pyongyang. Some see the North resuming military provocations to raise its negotiation power with the incoming Biden administration.

"The U.S. and its allies need to coordinate responses to North Korea's upgraded long-range and submarine-based missiles because Pyongyang's next move may be to conduct a provocative test as a 'welcome gift' to Biden before demanding financial benefits to reduce military tensions," said Leif-Eric Easley, an associate professor of international studies at Ewha Womans University in Seoul. "A Biden administration is more likely to pursue working-level talks with Pyongyang rather than summits and big deals."

Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison also spoke with Biden. "There are no greater friends and no greater allies than Australia and the U.S.," Morrison tweeted after the call. "I look forward to strengthening even further our deep and enduring alliance, and to working with him closely as we face the world's many challenges together."

https://asia.nikkei.com/Politics/International-relations/Indo-Pacific/Biden-affirms-security-treaty-applies-to-Senkaku-Islands-in-Suga-call