• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

The End Of This Correction Is Nigh: $100 Silver Ahead

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
It doesn't matter how optimist positive thinking you or i is ---silver is not keeping up with inflation; much less the expectation of these "experts" and the people who post their articles on this forum.

Since March I have been hammering this and the $29.00 thread. I turned out to be right ---and every one who bought silver in January when the Redit hooligans told them; or in April and May, when the positive thinkers on this forum said "buy nonetheless," lost money (while those who invested in peanut-butter futures)

There was absolutely no reason to say in January that silver goes up & up & up ---the story of silver since 1873 hints otherwise.

And why not one of ye posted an article in May that it IS time to sell silver while you can get $28.00 for it ?
Not one of you copy/pasted an article here that had some reality in it.

----------------
WILL silver reach by December where it was in December ??
And if it does, how much purchasing power will it have lost ?
Funny Guy you are. I've held silver since $6.00 t.oz and my first Saint-Gaudens I bought from an Art Bell advertiser for $240.00.
This is not a sprint. This is a long distant run. A run for you and your loved ones lives and well-being.
You do not see the burning forests of the world for all the smoke coming through the trees.
You could always place your Barbaric Relics up for sale here and end your misery. Jus' Sayin'

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
In my thinking that is it's Saving Grace. Many more people will be attempting to buy Junk and fractional silver when the SHITF than be looking for gold at pricing that could be 10 X what it is today.
Which will be more affordable to the Average Joe $230.00 Silver or $20,000.00 Gold ? Yes, both will be more difficult but more will be in the market for silver. IMHO
It's good to be able to buy in cheap; but the low entry price leads to mob-mentality and wild fluctuations in price.

Gold, with more money tied up in it, tends to react slower - unless it's banksters selling paper back and forth to monkey-hammer the price. There USED to be laws against market manipulation...

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
That won't age well.
So far, it's done nothing to protect silver-owners against currency debasement.

The dollar today buys what 60 cents would buy, twenty years ago. But silver is right there.

And it's doubtful we're gonna wake up one morning and see the dollar gone. It'll be a slower process - maybe a decade, maybe even longer.

Gold seems to mostly have protected owners; but silver, not so much.

Zed

Argent
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
So far, it's done nothing to protect silver-owners against currency debasement.

Since the correction low in 2016.

1631247982646.png

More volatile but about the same % performance at this point in time.

If history is any guide it will outpace gold in the last part of a gold bull market. At this point there is no reason to expect that "this time it is different" so the onus is on the detractors to support the claim that it will underperform this time.

Given the "electrification of the globe" theme currently running in investment circles I would expect it to out perform along with things like copper and uranium, I think it's dual industrial/monetary role will be a great boost to its prospects... but maybe that is just me.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
If history is any guide it will outpace gold in the last part of a gold bull market. At this point there is no reason to expect that "this time it is different" so the onus is on the detractors to justify the reason that it will underperform this time.

Given the "electrification of the globe" theme currently running in investment circles I would expect it to out perform along with things like copper and uranium, I think it's dual industrial/monetary role will be a great boost to its prospects... but maybe that is just me.
Well, I hope you're right. I'm not really seeing it, not yet; and because of the low price, as I've said, it's easier for momentum to gain, or exit stampedes to start, with "dumb money."

I don't have any emotional (or other) investment in an outcome one way or another. I have a little silver, not that much; but I bought it because it made sense at the time, and it doesn't make sense to sell it now.

I'm not expecting "electrification of the globe" to push prices up, either. I think we're on the cusp of a new Luddite Dark Ages. Africans and Arabs and Indians are very fecund; those of European stock, not so much. And this Jab may stop most reproduction of those in developed nations.

You pays yer money and takes yer choice.

Zed

Argent
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I'm not expecting "electrification of the globe" to push prices up, either.

That trend will not change in the short term, the next 5 to 10 years will be driven by current policy. Beyond that I've heard some strong arguments for a new dark age, but it will take a lot of deterioration prior to that occurrence. Rome decayed for 200 odd years before it fell apart totally.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
I was the proud owner of one of those vehicles back in the day. It was quite the work of art. Wide and low to the road. For some odd reason all the door handles and window handles broke off. I ended up parking it at 70, 000 miles. A tree grew inside and wildlife inhabited it because the window didn't roll up. Then it went to the junk yard. That was not a bad thing . Every other car I have owned has ended up being totaled by accidents or deer so I remember that pacer fondly.

View attachment 224325
Always, when I saw one of them I thought: Punkin seed.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Funny Guy you are. I've held silver since $6.00 t.oz and my first Saint-Gaudens I bought from an Art Bell advertiser for $240.00.
This is not a sprint. This is a long distant run. A run for you and your loved ones lives and well-being.
You do not see the burning forests of the world for all the smoke coming through the trees.
You could always place your Barbaric Relics up for sale here and end your misery. Jus' Sayin'
Ya beat me to it. The title of this site seems to have escaped 789's notice.

If one accepts the concept: "Gold Is Money", then one cannot be sane and still go dark-obtuse and use PM's as "commodity" <-- to be gambled with to make gains in fiat.

I am not saying that gambling is wrong. It is just a truly sucky long-term business model. Gambling is fun. Not so much when you buy high and sell low, though. And ANY gambler on earth that says that never happened to him is speaking with a forked tongue. He may well be far, far ahead at this moment with quick buys-and-sells. <-- Got no problem with that concept. Of course, the dice may come up snake-eyes tomorrow.

But, 789, if you were to look at these charts below very carefully... please accept the immediately obvious fact:

GIVEN that someone had a steady budget of fiat set aside for steady buys of silver at regular intervals for decades, note that it did not matter in the least what the idiot, fake, manipulated "spot price in fiat" was at all. From the beginning of the chart to the end, the steady, regular swap of fiat for silver... and the subsequent holding of that silver... the buyer is fields ahead, isn't he.

Oh... and this chart does not really go back far enough. Therefore, the gain is even greater. Think: Fiat spot = $4.00

To make it clear: After EVERY drop in fiat price, the very next high has always been a larger recovery.

Examine the graphs. You will see this is true. Which means that some SPECULATORS in fiat got their collective clocks cleaned while the "get and hold" people ALWAYS came out ahead. nem. con.

Just lookit this chart. It won't hurt. What do you see that seems very repetitive?

1631276012288.png

Then let us look at 100 years of exactly the same thing. NOTE: I have not been stacking this long. ;) But... the green lines are really not up for debate.

1631275905225.png

Last edited:

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Matador. At least the name was cool.
Know something funny? The Matador was made/sold in Mexico, but not under that name.

AMCs (and Jeeps) were manufactured in Mexico, under license, by a State-owned company called VAM. At the time, the good Mexican progressives figured the way to have an auto industry was to ban or place heavy tariffs on imported vehicles. Willys do Mexico was assembling TKD kit jeeps, and wasn't selling enough, so Kaiser Industries, which had bought Willys, sold out to the Mexican government. It was nationalized for compensation.

With time, and AMC both tightening their connection to Kaiser Jeep (bought it in 1970) and frantic to sell cars, came on the scheme to license AMC models and make them down there. With some differences.

Names, for one. They sold the Matador but it was called the "Classic" not Matador. Old Rambler name. The Hornet was called "American" (another old Rambler name, before Rambler was shed in favor of American Motors as the corporate brand).

So "Matador," a Spanish title suggesting supreme virility...wasn't used in the land where real matadors still held court.

Last edited:

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
look at all those choices they gave us:

\View attachment 224318
You left out the former Kaiser-Jeep line.

In those days, AMC sold more CJs and Wagoneer/Cherokees, than cars. Which was interesting, because AMC did NOTHING to develop those cars. Kaiser developed the J Series (later called SJ) and predecessor Willys, working with the DoD, developed the M38A1 military recon car, later sold to the public as the CJ-5.

Odd that utility cars developed 14-21 years earlier by a different company, would be their best sellers, right up to 1983.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
You left out the former Kaiser-Jeep line.

In those days, AMC sold more CJs and Wagoneer/Cherokees, than cars. Which was interesting, because AMC did NOTHING to develop those cars. Kaiser developed the J Series (later called SJ) and predecessor Willys, working with the DoD, developed the M38A1 military recon car, later sold to the public as the CJ-5.

Odd that utility cars developed 14-21 years earlier by a different company, would be their best sellers, right up to 1983.
I recall seeing the military Jeep kits (surplus) in the ads in the back of comic books in the '60s. Thanx for the Flash Back guys.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
I recall seeing the military Jeep kits (surplus) in the ads in the back of comic books in the '60s. Thanx for the Flash Back guys.
Yeah, me, too.

Absolute ripoff. The few usable jeeps sold at auction, usually found their way into connected flippers/retailers, or else state or city governments. Those $50 jeeps were essentially scrap heaps, often missing drivetrains.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
YELLEN WARNS CONGRESS THE US COULD DEFAULT AS EARLY AS OCTOBER

"...
Time keeps tickin', tickin' away...."

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
The actual letter ( Federal Employees still in the TSP retirement could be in trouble):
"...These measures, which are authorized by law and have been used in previous debt limit impasses, include a suspension of certain investments in the Civil Service Retirement and Disability Fund, the Postal Service Retiree Health Benefits Fund, and the Government Securities Investment Fund of the Federal Employees’ Retirement System Thrift Savings Plan. Once all available measures and cash on hand are fully exhausted, the United States of America would be unable to meet its obligations for the first time in our history."...
( Hell ! I may be in trouble as I was a CSRS retiree. But according to information I got in the past Federal Depts. and Agencies pay their retirement obligations ( CSRS & FERS ) retirees to OPM at the beginning of the fiscal year ( Sept. 1.).

Again time will tell.

More Here:

Last edited:

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Ya beat me to it. The title of this site seems to have escaped 789's notice.
smiley face

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The End Of This Correction Is Nigh: $100 Silver Ahead
Peter Krauth
The title of this thread "....$100 silver is ahead"
My monthly update/comments are in reference to the piece of garbage expert who wrote the article; and the groupie who mindlessly regurgitated it.
As we can see, I am more of an expert than this low-grade Krauth ---perhaps, scorpio goldmember should regurtitate my articles.

In 100 years silver went from about $1.00 to $28.00 (in May); so how long would it take to go from $25.00 to $100.00 ? and will I, or any of ye, live long enough to see it ?
If some believed the low-grade Krauth in January, how much has he lost by now ?
====================

As for the name of this forum "gold is money 2":
It is a name; it may be some people's opinion (one goldmember regurgitator quotes the un-common criminal, John Morgan, to support his belief);
If the name of the forum is "gold is money, too" ; well, it could be if the government so decrees.
Gold is NOT money by nature ---nothing is
Everything is money by fiat, or common agreement/custom

Personally I object to gold as money ---nothing good came of it in 5,000 years.
Silver is the best money metal there is ---in a neighbourhood where there is plenty of silver in the ground (Canada, US, Australia, South America)

=========================
As for your charts:
Would you have a chart on index funds ? how well did they do ? compared to silver ?
But, not to go back too far, how did silver do in this century ? and how did Exxon do ? or Goldman Sachs ?

Joe King

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
In 100 years silver went from about $1.00 to $28.00 (in May); so how long would it take to go from $25.00 to $100.00 ?
If it experiences the same percentage growth over the next 100 years as it did during the last (2700%), it shouldn't take too many more years to hit $100.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Bottom line: If you are a buy/sell rider when it comes to PM's... that's fine. There are lotsa guys here who do that. It is called gambling.

Nothing wrong with gambling. As I said, it can be a lot of fun.

But... if some folks haven't noticed, this human civilization is teetering on a very big turning point one way or another.

Gathering electric dots in a bank account is one thing. Gathering copper pennies (fungible change), US junk silver, rounds, and gold is another. The electric dots can... (*poof*) within the next minute. Paper "dollars" <-- an oxymoron -- can become (has ALWAYS become sooner or later) ordinary piled-in-the-street garbage.

1631362231275.png
1631362370443.png

$DM 35,000.00 per ounce silver occurred between September 1922 and January 1923.

That is 90 days... (from today?) By the time September 1923 got there, a silver ounce would have cost you MILLIONS. Dollars/Reichsmarks doesn't matter what the name of the fiat is.

1631364537269.png

Prolly won't. See? They didn't. Yet. But it sure as hell will, sooner or later. Very possibly sooner, considering how the Congress' fiduciary nuts are in a vise. You can print the electric dots on paper (Bank checks), you can get bales of $$ paper (on skids, even).

The PM's in hand (not PM's represented by a paper certificate) will not evaporate regardless of Carrington Event, irresponsible gummint laying out TRILLION$$ in not-even-paper-just-dots thrown to the skies.

Where 789 seems to have a blind spot can be seen right away when you note he uses paper dollar fiat to evaluate PM's. That is backwards.

"In 100 years silver went from about $1.00 to $28.00 (in May); so how long would it take to go from $25.00 to $100.00?"

Looking backwards, measuring wealth by using the yardstick of fiat... that is suicidal.

A solid, honest, real, genuine, ACCURATE answer to the fallacy question above could very well be:

"$30,000 silver by this December." <-- EEK!! EEK!!

It has happened with every single fiat form ever invented. Without exception. All over the earth. ALL OF THEM.

And now, since it looks like the Gummint is likely to default by October <-- that is straight-arrow data...

...DEFAULT means: The USD. Isn't, any more. It has gone the way of the Franc, Peso, Pengoe, Bolivar, Drachma, Dinar, Zimbabwe Dollar... The result is dots and dollar bills and holdings in bankrupt companies, etc. do not work like PM's in hand have worked --

-- Without failure -- for 5000 years.

Oh... of course, the total answer we are likely to see is going to be: "Raise the debt limit". That is a given. But, unfortunately, this time it is a genuine Rubicon we will be crossing.

If the debt limit is raised, this makes an immediate issue since the federal government ran large budget deficits over the past two years. Oh, deah. That purple elephant in the room can fart big time. And it will NOT leave, no matter what. The reason it will not budge... and to explain the "Rubicon" we are about to cross:

For the first time, the Democrats have the bag to hold all alone because they control both the executive and legislative branches of the government that is in danger of debt default.

So not one fargin Repug will vote with the Dems on raising the limit. <-- This is not speculation on yer Unca's part. The Post Turtle announced exactly that already.

The gummint runs out of money to pay its employees and MIC companies on Sept 30.

The debt limit will be raised... but there will be enormous damage to all Dems. The question is, will any Dems join the Repugs, and let the dollar die?

At a minimum, interest rates would spike if/when the debt limit is raised, but the big fear is that a debt default would touch off a global financial disaster.

So I stick with the reality that my electric dots and foldable "money" is minimized, and for forty years, I have made increments to my ability to conduct trade when there is nothing but trashy paper in the streets.

Last edited:

chieftain

Trump got them plump
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Can an ounce of silver buy today what it could 10/20/30/50/100 years ago?

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
YOWZA!

1631364388055.png

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
The actual letter ( Federal Employees still in the TSP retirement could be in trouble):
"...These measures, which are authorized by law and have been used in previous debt limit impasses, include a suspension of certain investments in the Civil Service Retirement and Disability Fund, the Postal Service Retiree Health Benefits Fund, and the Government Securities Investment Fund of the Federal Employees’ Retirement System Thrift Savings Plan. Once all available measures and cash on hand are fully exhausted, the United States of America would be unable to meet its obligations for the first time in our history."...
( Hell ! I may be in trouble as I was a CSRS retiree. But according to information I got in the past Federal Depts. and Agencies pay their retirement obligations ( CSRS & FERS ) retirees to OPM at the beginning of the fiscal year ( Sept. 1.).

Again time will tell.

More Here:
no way they will default until Federal Employees get jabbed. Once again I suspect people will get the needle to keep jobs that may not be around a in a year or two. The illusion must continue. I wonder how many pensions will be around after reset.

Lancers32

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Not surprising. I used to do biz with an outfit that employed a shitload of Central Americans. Guatemala one of those focking places whatever. Anyway these guys would wipe their a$$eS and throw the used toilet paper in the waste basket in the stalls.

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
If it experiences the same percentage growth over the next 100 years as it did during the last (2700%), it shouldn't take too many more years to hit $100.
It is highly doubtful it will ever reach $100.00 ---perhaps, when silver is no longer priced in U.S. dollars; but by then it won't do any good.

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score

The whole-entire dark ages (1,000 years of misery) was caused by gold/silver standard. ---thank ye experts on "gold alone is money" ! your criminal religion did a lot of good.

=================

You are afraid to face the fact that today (September 11) it takes more silver to buy beef, peanut-butter, milk, then it did when low-grade Krauth, expert precious metal, predicted that silver goes from 25 to a 100 in six seconds ?

You are also afraid to face the fact that people who purchased gold/silver in 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, when these future-knowing experts told every victim who listened that the end is already here, nothing is ever coming back, (.mp3, and articles are still available for download) lost a bundle.

Those, who did not listen to Redit hooligans (before redit was invented), and purchased Exxon shares (in December 2008), or bank shares (instead of gold/silver), made some money; while gold buyers had to wait 10 (?) years for the price of gold to come back to where it was in December 2012. (how much purchasing power have they lost?)

As I wrote it before, following ye and these gold/silver experts is a really good way to turn a large inheritence into a small fortune.

Buy land; that make sense. Coin buying is just a hobby.

Collecting copper pennies also make sense, or even 5-cent coins. A washer cost more than 5 cents.

Last edited:

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
The whole-entire dark ages (1,000 years of misery) was caused by gold/silver standard. ---thank ye experts on "gold alone is money" ! your criminal religion did a lot of good.
No, it was caused by global cooling and a shorter growing season; by the Plague and pestilence; by the spread of ignorance as Roman society collapsed. Ignorance and tyranny are a bad combination, and ALWAYS tied to grinding poverty.

With the Western emperor a joke, and then nonexistent, princes rose up in the European provinces, and bribed the Pope, a corrupt source of authority but the only one left, to declare them, each in turn, kings of their new monarchies.

Free people with sound money (gold) took the American Colonies to their heights in the Industrial Revolution. The undercutting of the soundness of the dollar, and then its transformation to fiat, have led to our stagnant standard of living, our growth of government and of crony rentiers; the wild excesses in currency debasement, and our economic collapse - which you're seeing, now.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
789 said:
It is highly doubtful it will ever reach $100.00

'Cause it would make him stamp his feet when the rotten dollars have to be shipped in wheelbarrow-loads to get ONE SILVER DIME.

It has happened before. Many, many times. How he cannot see this, I do not know.

Change the Date on this HISTORICAL RECORD. Change ONLY the Date and replace "German Marks" with "US Dollars"

Important Note: The USD is far more overextended than the January 1922 German Mark was. So start on the HISTORICAL RECORD... oh... and to avoid confusion, just change gold into silver. PM's. Or shoes. Or paint. Or ribbons. Or...

It is the graph that counts, d'ysee, because while it refers to gold, it also refers to potatoes, coal, anything "money" can buy. That is why the lady is burning her US DOLLARS <-- They are worth less than some coal.

But somehow, 789's normalcy bias cannot accept the pain of looking at actual history (only one of many examples worldwide shown).

1631449480110.png

In the Song Dynasty in 960AD, paper "money" was introduced. A short quote from the history of paper money:

"Complex designs, special colours, signatures, seals and stamps on specially made paper were used to discourage counterfeiters. Those caught counterfeiting faced the death penalty***. Despite this, counterfeiting increased over time."

*** lingchi 凌遲, slicing to death. <-- Mebbe if we told Congress if they insisted on debasing the PAPER DOLLAR...

Aannd... the paper money of the Song Dynasty became worthless because more and more paper money (unbacked, just like the USD) flooded the marketplaces. And so, the paper "money" failed. That was the first of several HUNDRED kinds of paper money... that no longer exist. DYODD and Duck-Duck the concept.

From then until now... NO PAPER MONEY HAS EVER SURVIVED.

That, 789, is a purty dang strong correlation to how silver/coal/shoes/gold/food/anything will rise astronomically in "cost" when valued in paper "money".

Therefore, silver WILL meet and pass $100 despite 789's wishes. Mebbe he could go down Venezuela, pick up a dumpster-load of Bolivars laying in the streets, and use those paper dollars bolivars to buy an ounce of silver.

Try it.

Here is a list of very recent examples of $100+ silver... TWENTY-NINE COUNTRIES FROM ALL OVER THE EARTH!!
Take some of these currencies, 789, and pick us up ONE SILVER DIME.

\
1631451623046.png

Lancers32

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
German Mark was not the reserve currency. Can silver trade to and above $100? Sure. How about $30 first?

Avalon

The most courageous act is to think for yourself
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
German Mark was not the reserve currency. Can silver trade to and above $100? Sure. How about $30 first?
:laughing: I sure to miss the days when we used to play let pretend we will get rich from gold and silver. Now we will play the game of lets pretend we stay out of FEMA camp.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
The "reserve" currency is absolutely immaterial. I a can post a graph of all the "reserve" currencies, and when they ALL failed.

In the post above, I did not include the French franc. Try to buy a silver coin with some paper francs.

Never mind... I'll post the graph for ya. Lookit... and tell me how to buy anything at all with these "reserve" currencies. They are all bound by the basic laws of economics... no matter what political, religious, or situational setup you have.
1631453358451.png

And here is our World Reserve Currency Settlement Chart <-- The end is clearly in sight:

1631453470794.png

Lancers32

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Explain to me why Silver hasn't made a new high in over 40 years and currently trades at 1/2 the highest selling price slightly less and what makes you think it will be any different going forward? Something besides manipulation please I have heard that excuse forever.

Merkin

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
they don't make cars like they used to :rotf:
When I was about 12 I saw my mother pull a stick shift out of the floor of a 38 Ford because she got pissed a a cop giving her a speeding ticket. They don't make cars like they used too.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Explain to me why Silver hasn't made a new high in over 40 years and currently trades at 1/2 the highest selling price slightly less and what makes you think it will be any different going forward? Something besides manipulation please I have heard that excuse forever.
I did already. Although you should never use that big blip in silver as anything meaningful -- that was the result of the Hunt Brothers trying (unsuccessfully) to turn back reality and corner/capture the whole fargin silver market. That blip was just a shitload of money changing hands very quickly as a result of FIAT being thrown around to affect it.

A momentary blip in the 100-years we are talking about.

If you go back to 1814, you could take a French franc (the *ahem* Reserve Currency) and buy an ounce of silver with it. In late 1815, you could not buy a hundredth of an ounce of silver with ten thousand francs.

Manipulation -- that is something done within the rule/realm/existence of the Reserve Currency du jour. That is not something that will go past the inevitable collapse of the reserve currency of the hour. You CAN manipulate the bloody hell out of stocks/commodities/vulnerable-to-shortings, etc. stuff. And these things are, and have been manipulated. viz: The Hunt Bros.

But what folks here are missing is the SIZE of TODAY'S "missing money". It goes up by BILLIONS PER DAY.

Not millions per year or month <-- which was enough to shatter every single reserve currency ever seen on the earth, but now it is by day. Higher, even. A thousand billion in a month?

Sooo... the price of silver/gold sorta has been manipulated... using fake money.

But the fake money is imploding -- everyone can see that.

So I will point out something others have already mentioned for absolute proof:

According to the Federal Reserve Bank, $1 in 1900 was equivalent to approximately $28 in 2013.

You could buy a suit of clothes for $7 <-- 7 silver dollars. Today, with silver at $24/oz you could buy the same quality suit for the SAME AMOUNT OF SILVER. <-- Digest that. Very nearly to the fargin penny. Over or under. Right at $200 (fiat).

Actually, if you used the VERY SAME EXACT SILVER DOLLARS, IT WOULD BE EXACTLY THE SAME 7 SILVER DOLLARS THAT BUYS THAT NEW MODERN SUIT.

The division by 28 times of the present "dollar" in its value shows silver has not gone up OR down in reality. It is the USD that has bought less and less.

It has ONLY gone up or down in FAKE US FIAT price. So what has changed over a century?

Can you buy a suit with the same seven ounces of silver or not? Oh. You can. Holy shit. The price in 1900 silver is exactly the price in 2021 silver. EXACTLY.

So get over the concept of valuing PM's by fiat. That is fucking absolutely backwards. You measure your fiat by your silver.

nem. con.

Last edited:

Lancers32

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Agree to disagree. There is such a thing as opportunity cost. Up until now you can still buy Gold and Silver. While all of what you consider may come to pass betting on the end of the world and holding nothing but Silver has not been the way to go. What I find ass backwards is clutching the theory where you measure your wealth in ounces of silver.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
You are afraid to face the fact that today (September 11) it takes more silver to buy beef, peanut-butter, milk, then it did when low-grade Krauth, expert precious metal, predicted that silver goes from 25 to a 100 in six seconds ?
I see that happening daily at the grocery store where they only deal in fiat.

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
At the time the USD was not either. The British Pound Sterling was.

BeefJerky

Site Supporter
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Agree to disagree. There is such a thing as opportunity cost. Up until now you can still buy Gold and Silver. While all of what you consider may come to pass betting on the end of the world and holding nothing but Silver has not been the way to go. What I find ass backwards is clutching the theory where you measure your wealth in ounces of silver.
When the inflated stock market implodes and people come to their senses regarding crypto get back to us.

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
You either did not see the proof laid before you, or you did not understand it.

I posted cold proof that silver is exactly at the same value as it was in 1900. Not to put too fine a point on it, same cost for a suit in Roman times in silver. DYODD and you will agree it is so.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
According to the Federal Reserve Bank, $1 in 1900 was equivalent to approximately $28 in 2013.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Stop Stop Stop!! Note the data point bolded above. After you have read it, and you do not say the FRBank is wrong...

Proceed. But do not forget the bolded part you agree to.

**************************************************************************************************************
You could buy a suit of clothes for $7 <-- 7 silver dollars in 1900. <-- Accept that, or just Google men's suit price 1900.
**************************************************************************************************************
Stop Stop Stop! Note the data point (this is the second one) bolded above. After you have read it. Remember it.

Proceed. But there are now TWO bolded data points you must work at remembering.

###############################################################################
Today, with silver at $24/oz you could buy the same quality suit for the SAME AMOUNT OF SILVER. <-- Do your own arithmetic: 7 pieces of silver times $24 = Nice suit, right? <-- Digest that. Very nearly to the fargin penny. Over or under. Right at $200 (fiat).
###############################################################################

A special clincher added in case it was missed or elided from or just ignored:

Actually, if you used the VERY SAME EXACT SILVER DOLLARS, IT WOULD BE EXACTLY THE SAME 7 SILVER DOLLARS THAT BUYS THAT NEW MODERN SUIT. <-- Use the very same freakin' coins... the SAME coins.
How Much Did Things Cost in 1900? <-- there is the link that verifies everything above

It takes more of the present "dollars" to buy a suit, or whatever than in 1900. We all agree? Anybody that doesn't must leave the room. ;)

HOWEVER, since you could take your ORIGINAL 7 silver dollars, plunk them down and get your suit in 2021, that is prima facie proof that silver has not gone up OR down in value.

It is the USD that has bought less and less.

Silver has ONLY gone up or down in FAKE US FIAT price. So what has changed over a century?

Can you buy a suit with the same seven ounces of silver or not? Oh. You can. Holy shit. The price in 1900 silver is exactly the price in 2021 silver. EXACTLY. <-- Please read that aloud.

So get over the concept of valuing PM's by fiat. That is fucking absolutely backwards. You measure your fiat by your silver.

Again: nem. con. (no rational argument to the contrary is possible)

Last edited:

Goldbrix

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Stealing from the past: "Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it" - Numerous
1631478336615.png

Hyperinflation in the Wiemar Republic ( Germany)
1631479358094.png

1631479793454.png

COMING TO A NATION NEAR YOU !

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
As it has to every outfit on earth that went to fiat.

Tbonz

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Not surprising. I used to do biz with an outfit that employed a shitload of Central Americans. Guatemala one of those focking places whatever. Anyway these guys would wipe their a$$eS and throw the used toilet paper in the waste basket in the stalls.
Chinese do this as well.