• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

The Fed Is Caught in an Inflation Death Spiral—That’s Bullish for Gold and Silver

plata_oro

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Know what can protect one effectively from this tyrannical thievery? Physical gold, silver, platinum, bitcoin, bullets, beans, liquor, etc.

Not equities, not bonds, not foreign currency. Precious metals...in your hand.

I bought 6 half gallons 190 proof Everclear when I was in Jackpot, NV last year for SHTF. Great for fires, disinfectant and drinkin' too. Must be mixed with juice or something because it'll tear up your insides.

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
I bought 6 half gallons 190 proof Everclear when I was in Jackpot, NV last year for SHTF. Great for fires, disinfectant and drinkin' too. Must be mixed with juice or something because it'll tear up your insides.

We stir it round in our weed, and make distillate out of it, just let the liquor evap on its own, no still.

BLAM!

I should get a reclaimer, but havent yet.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
1615736137747.png

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
When is this going to happen?
75 years from now?
That is not practical and useful informatio
We need an estimate of the time line to be useful information.

In 75 years we'll be through this megalomanic folly of the Elites. We'll be almost through the next cycle and in another Fourth Turning.

In the meantime, wealth will continue to be destroyed; gold and silver will be devalued and dis-incentive-ized through law and financial engineering. First the sheeple will be herded into crypto tokens; and then, as most of them are there, the tokens will either be manipulated, outlawed, or made so cumbersome as to be useless. This through laws, physical restrictions on the Internet, limitations on service, and/or taxes.

Precious metals will be the last standing...but what is wealth to a society in complete chaos and famine? When there is no shelter, no surviving society, and the dictatoriate has made it illegal to trade PMs...how do you profit?

Basically, you cannot. It is impossible to profit or life well through engineered worldwide chaos and famine.

Have a nice day. cool:

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
For holders of assets denominated in US dollars, this isn't some far off theoretical emergency. This is something you must protect yourself from NOW. Right NOW.

The US Is 5 Years Away from a National Debt Death Spiral. Here's Why
Net interest on the national debt has become one of the fastest growing segments of federal spending.
Wednesday, May 15, 2019

1615743048590.png

According to the U.S. Treasury Department’s Office of Debt Management, the U.S. government is just five years away from the point where every new dollar it borrows from the public will go toward funding interest payments on the national debt.

Negative Borrowing Deficit
That is the main takeaway from the Debt Management Office’s Fiscal Year 2019 Q1 Report, which featured the Office of Management and Budget’s latest projection of the U.S. government’s borrowing from the public, shown in the chart below:

1615743142241.png

More at link...

https://fee.org/articles/the-us-is-5-years-away-from-a-national-debt-death-spiral-heres-why/

Two years after this rare recognition of reality from the US treasury, ask yourself if things have gotten better? ...or worse since? This isn't about whether you think the government is trustworthy, or whether or no you think the fed can hold this together. It's about simple maths at this point. The dollar in its current form passed the point of no return long ago.

1615743244395.png

southfork

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Now predicting 4% by june

Bigjon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
I have not read this thread so if you covered this... sorry, but can you be caught in something you created that you wanted to create?

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
1616003836521.png

Midas Member
Midas Member
Survivor
Reaction score
When is this going to happen?
75 years from now?
That is not practical and useful informatio
We need an estimate of the time line to be useful information.
The time line, it is already here. Everyone can see the huge increases in everything. The boots on ground feel it, taste it and are experiencing huge inflation- all the while .gov says 2 percent inflation- we KNOW they are liars...loss of trust in all things government is occurring- that is the turning point.Senile Joe and party is just the icing on the cake to meltdown.

AurumAg

Ag mirror of truth Aurum purity of mind
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
it is already here. Everyone can see the huge increases in everything.
The price of fuel is the canary in the coal-mine.

Regular unleaded gas is up 26% since inauguration day, and that is only where I buy it. Price increases range all the way up to 35% around here.

Think Diesel prices in relation to shipping.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
And the 10Y bond yield just hit 1.75%

View attachment 204935
Sure, and if it goes up another 10% it may just manage to get ahead of inflation. The treasury would completely implode of course, but that's what's needed. Instead the fed will whip up a new batch of funny munny and snap up some bonds to lower the yield so the bond market doesn't puke all over the equity market.

Any way you slice it, the correct answer for the little people is to stack physical precious metals and anything else that will hedge against inflation.

mnmom

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
Even at 5% the interest on current debt is 50% of the total tax revenue yearly. That wont float long. According to the masters a war might be necessry.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Even at 5% the interest on current debt is 50% of the total tax revenue yearly. That wont float long. According to the masters a war might be necessry.
According to history, also.

Reckless sovereign or governmental debt is always tied to war. Both as a distraction and as a way to repudiate the debt or to acquire plunder.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Well they have the right illegitimate puppet in the white house. Now the pedo-in-chief is flinging poo at Putin to start some shit that Amerika's kids in the military will be expected to settle. ...and settle it they should. ...by correcting the problem in DEECEE.

Amerikans have no fight with the Russian people or their leader. They've countless reasons to march on the district of corruption however.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see the wheels turning in the heads of the masses of sheeple that do not understand the first thing about economics, monetary inflation, price inflation, counterparty risk, self-sufficiency, etc. I wish them well, but GD, just how much warning do you people need?

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Today is April 10, 2021. There is still no reason to conclude that the Biden money-printing package(s) will be enough to keep the credit-bubble from imploding. Deflation is lurking, ready to pounce.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
LOL The skeery oft spoken of, but seldom seen deflation boogeyman.

Inflation...then deflation. Crack open a history book. The banksters get everyone at maximum debt and THEN pull the plug. It's the roaring twenties still. The fed and treasury will pull the plug soon enough by suddenly withdrawing liquidity. Right now they're busy destroying the buck...so party like it's 1999...er 1927.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Survivor
Reaction score
They won't confiscate assuming the gold they have on their books is actually where it says it is. Yeah it's probably been leased out 100's of times over but the ol' saying; possession is 9/10 of the law. I hope it's their because if not their will be a lot of boating accidents.
Or house fires ! :blew up::blew up::blew up::don't    know2:

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
If we’re collecting 8 trillion in tax receipts and 4 trillion goes to interest on the debt but we spend 8+ trillion a year then half of spending is going to deficit that interest must be paid on.

Irrespective of fed policy, bond rates, et al

How can this not be inflationary?

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Survivor
Reaction score
If we’re collecting 8 trillion in tax receipts and 4 trillion goes to interest on the debt but we spend 8+ trillion a year then half of spending is going to deficit that interest must be paid on.

Irrespective of fed policy, bond rates, et al

How can this not be inflationary?
The lid will blow of, soon !:bombs 8::blew up:

Tbonz

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
The lid will blow of, soon !:bombs 8::blew up:

It's coming, but with the FED playing games with all of the markets, it's not going to blow, it will go nuclear.

I think back to the end fo the Cold War, the US basically spent the USSR into bankruptcy, now it looks like the tables have been turned and the Chinese and the Roosians are going to displace the US.

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Survivor
Reaction score
It's coming, but with the FED playing games with all of the markets, it's not going to blow, it will go nuclear.

I think back to the end fo the Cold War, the US basically spent the USSR into bankruptcy, now it looks like the tables have been turned and the Chinese and the Roosians are going to displace the US.
"What goes around, comes around" :angry then happy::shit happens:

plata_oro

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
The Fed really f'd up when they started buying corporate bonds last year, a big no no according to their own charter. Nobody in Congress said a peep about it. Everybody will just play along until the house of cards collapses.

I saw a portion of an interview with Jerome Powell on CNBC and they were hammering away at the possible of inflation and how the Fed would stop it. He looked really nervous and when he finally answered the question he said their only tool to curb inflation is to raise rates. We all know that is impossible given the amount of government deficit spending taking place.

Fast forward to 33:45 or so for the direct quote or 31:05 for the entire dialogue. He stumbles all over his answers and almost makes the mistake of admitting to significant inflation in the future.

I am blown away they continue to get away with the debasement of the currency so blatantly. Home prices are out of control and that is directly due to long term rates being held down. It's when food prices start to soar that they will should be under immense pressure to stop. But again by who? The people who benefit most from low interest rates are in Washington, DC. And I think they are all clueless to how bad a situation they are in. It wouldn't shock me at all if they started to auction of nukes in order to save the FRN.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
They can't stop it. And I think Powell knows it.

The stupid SOB should have resigned when Trump started riding him when he was doing the right thing, normalizing interest rates, three years ago. Unfortunately, a decade of Financialization can't be reversed without a recession. Powell should have known THAT.

He loved the attention and the power...since when are Central Banksters mediuh heroes? Before Paul Volker, I can't recall of hearing of a one. But Powell wanted to be ringleader of this circus, and now he knows that the knife-juggling act is about to trip up.

This year's looking to make 2020 look like the Good Old Days. Seems hyperinflation is about to launch, and the Soros Riot Division is finding new reasons to launch new acts. WHILE the southern border is completely rubbed away.

Casey Jones

Ridin' that train
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
I am blown away they continue to get away with the debasement of the currency so blatantly. Home prices are out of control and that is directly due to long term rates being held down. It's when food prices start to soar that they will should be under immense pressure to stop. But again by who? The people who benefit most from low interest rates are in Washington, DC. And I think they are all clueless to how bad a situation they are in. It wouldn't shock me at all if they started to auction of nukes in order to save the FRN

I'm continually amazed at how clueless they are. They honestly believe that open borders, which of course gives Elites a temporary edge in sub-minimum-wage job seekers and Leftist pols a permanent edge in elections (until the Cloward-Piven crash comes)...

...and Endless War, pointless war, war NOT fought to win, which gives them temporary New Money from corrupt defense contracts...that they believe this chaos and alienation and destruction of the legitimacy of government, is sustainable. That's Normalcy Bias on crack.

We're already seeing the first act. They stole the election and installed their dolt puppet in office. China and Ukraine and various NGOs control him...they KNOW he's weak; and now they're going to push to take advantage of the situation. Ukraine and Russia are about to go full-nuke. Iran is building their own glow-in-the-dark rockets. China has its dream of reinstating the Ming Dynasty, as China as the center of the universe. Never happen, but they can spread a lot of radioactive fallout, trying. Taiwan is a practice area and test - I expect to see it overrun in six months, and Joey Xiden, to give us his stupid squint, and walk away from the press podium, mumbling.

The current crop of young hawks in the Deep State, raised on New Money and drunk with the power of Dominion...don't have any more fear of nuclear war than does China. And in fact, the old Soviet generation is probably all gone now, anyway. No more Mutual Assured Destruction inhibition.

I think we're going to have what the idiots, on all sides, want. A falling superpower is just the kind of destabilizing event that can launch it, has launched similar in past history.

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Today is April 10, 2021. There is still no reason to conclude that the Biden money-printing package(s) will be enough to keep the credit-bubble from imploding. Deflation is lurking, ready to pounce.
Today is May 04, 2021.
Prices are going up. Gold and silver not so much..
How is the Federal reserve note doing ?

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Gold and silver are being suppressed via paper futures contracts. Every commodity not a monetary metal is up...most double digits. Hell, lithium and rhodium are up nearly triple digits year to date. Silver premiums are higher than they've ever been and that's what'll blow up first. ...unless one counts platinum...which blew up a few weeks back.

The fiat dollar is dying...and that death is accelerating. Inflationary forces are are kicking the living shit out of deflation. Those lulled into believing propaganda by expecting the bankster maggots to leave anything as incriminating as paper gold and/or silver prices rising...or worse a spike in zerozone printing resulting in a higher number on the dixy are going to be making poor decisions. Neither can one look to interest rates to guide them as the fed has long since killed that canary in that particular coal mine with their $120b+ / month asset purchases...even while claiming the economy is overheating.

An ounce of silver costs nearly 22% more than the so called "price of silver" for a reason. The real price of silver...and eventually gold will continue to diverge from the fake manipulated paper "price" until there's nearly zero available. Suggest you plan accordingly and ignore the propaganda. The fed is trapped.

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Gold and silver are being suppressed via paper futures contracts.
I understand the overarching manipulation game whereby the banking cartel, with the support of TPTB, suppress the price of paper monetary metals so as not to tip off average Joe as to just how severely the dollar is being debased. Just the same, maybe you can help me out with a technical question. I know that when one buys an options contract for every seller there is a buyer, and for every buyer there is a seller. Is this the case with futures contracts? In other words, when the bankers carpet bomb the market by selling futures contracts en masse, is someone out there simultaneously buying these?

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
Gold and silver are being suppressed via paper futures contracts. Every commodity not a monetary metal is up...most double digits. Hell, lithium and rhodium are up nearly triple digits year to date. Silver premiums are higher than they've ever been and that's what'll blow up first. ...unless one counts platinum...which blew up a few weeks back.

The fiat dollar is dying...and that death is accelerating. Inflationary forces are are kicking the living shit out of deflation. Those lulled into believing propaganda by expecting the bankster maggots to leave anything as incriminating as paper gold and/or silver prices rising...or worse a spike in zerozone printing resulting in a higher number on the dixy are going to be making poor decisions. Neither can one look to interest rates to guide them as the fed has long since killed that canary in that particular coal mine with their $120b+ / month asset purchases...even while claiming the economy is overheating.

An ounce of silver costs nearly 22% more than the so called "price of silver" for a reason. The real price of silver...and eventually gold will continue to diverge from the fake manipulated paper "price" until there's nearly zero available. Suggest you plan accordingly and ignore the propaganda. The fed is trapped.
There's still time to stack more before the lid blows off

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
In other words, when the bankers carpet bomb the market by selling futures contracts en masse, is someone out there simultaneously buying these?
Allegedly buyers and sellers are matched...yes. There are lots of low ball orders put in with minimal expectation of execution...particularly around the nearest round number. Every order book functions this way. By carpet bombing at times of minimal liquidity the market manipulators ensure that the order book is as thin as possible and therefore the smackdown is assured of maximum effectiveness.
There's still time to stack more before the lid blows off
Sure. Just don't expect a lower price of physical. The price of paper goes down, while the price of physical stays the same or actually goes up each and every time they smack the paper price down. Premium on 1000 oz bars are now typically > $2 / ounce. 100oz bars are routinely sport > $4 premiums per ounce. Those premiums used to be pennies.

The average premium on an ounce of silver is now $5.75. The paper price means nothing.

EDIT: To be perfectly clear, there's nothing wrong, imo, with the existence of a speculative market where people can voluntarily place speculative bets on the future price of a worldwide commodity. The problem is that the price of physical commodities are being attached to those bet slips called "futures contracts" rather than the price at which people are willing to buy and sell physical assets.

There's no legitimate reason why the worldwide "price" of silver should flop around a few percentage points each day simply because a commodities trader at citigroup feels like writing a few contracts with or without any physical metal to back them up. If nobody buys the physical metal, then why did the price change at all?

Last edited:

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
Maybe the best thing would be to do the opposite? The government should get out of the way of people and businesses and spend $8T less.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Survivor
Reaction score
I understand the overarching manipulation game whereby the banking cartel, with the support of TPTB, suppress the price of paper monetary metals so as not to tip off average Joe as to just how severely the dollar is being debased. Just the same, maybe you can help me out with a technical question. I know that when one buys an options contract for every seller there is a buyer, and for every buyer there is a seller. Is this the case with futures contracts? In other words, when the bankers carpet bomb the market by selling futures contracts en masse, is someone out there simultaneously buying these?
Yes there is always someone on the other side of the trade. If buyers dry up though or the bankers overwhelm the the buyers with a huge amount of shorts then the price can drop quickly.

On the other hand the price can also rise quickly when there are no sellers. Happened in the nasdaq on Friday morning. Trading got so wonky I almost didn't buy in. I thought my computer was acting up or something. Up about 180 points in 3 minutes.
Here's where the jobs report came out. 1 minute candles.
Screen Shot 2021-05-09 at 5.54.56 AM.png

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Midas Sup +++
Reaction score
The guy on cNBC actually apologized and said hold on this must be a mistake - on live TV