• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

The global undersea fiber optics network connecting the internet.

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
We have several of them coming into Orygun just below Charleston/Coos Bay.
It is a very popular bottom fishing area. I was there last Sat/Sun.
Ocean charts show their exact location.
AT&T Lines 4.png

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Mariana Trench if I recall correctly... not a seafood sauce...

How about their alleged continental plate drift?...

And what about ship anchors dragging across them?... (Seem to recall such concerns with transoceanic phone cables back in the days of Ma Bell...)

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Mariana Trench if I recall correctly... not a seafood sauce...

How about their alleged continental plate drift?...

And what about ship anchors dragging across them?... (Seem to recall such concerns with transoceanic phone cables back in the days of Ma Bell...)
I know of no warnings about anchoring in the area. It seems they are buried deep enough to be protected.
Us little boat guys don't anchor in 60 to 120 feet. Proper anchoring is a 7:1 ratio, so that would be 420 feet of anchor rope to 840 feet !!! NFW

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
I know of no warnings about anchoring in the area. It seems they are buried deep enough to be protected.
Us little boat guys don't anchor in 60 to 120 feet. Proper anchoring is a 7:1 ratio, so that would be 420 feet of anchor rope to 840 feet !!! NFW

Buried cables on the sea floor?... hmmm... Quite the backhoes, I'd guess ...

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Buried cables on the sea floor?... hmmm... Quite the backhoes, I'd guess ...
Underwater welding, why not underwater trenching. Google spent 300 million dollars to run their cable from Taiwan to Orygun.

From Google: To reduce the risk of damaging, modern day underwater cables are buried in the ocean floor with the facilitation of special under sea ploughs

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Underwater welding, why not underwater trenching. Google spent 300 million dollars to run their cable from Taiwan to Orygun.

From Google: To reduce the risk of damaging, modern day underwater cables are buried in the ocean floor with the facilitation of special under sea ploughs
8 miles below the surface? Hats off!

My ears popped when I retrieved a kid's snorkel at the deep end of the pool a few days ago... 4 meters...

the_shootist

Checked out! Good luck!
Eagle
Mother Lode
Reaction score
If the cable washes up on a deserted island the professor can make a telephone out of a coconut and tap into it to get rescued.
I think I saw that episode

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Did you notice that telecomm companies would rather traverse around Africa with sub-sea fiber cables than go across it?

All land based cables in Africa are branches off a sub-sea cable. No major terrestrial trunk cables in Africa. As soon as you lay one down the natives or some radical military group would be digging it up.