• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

The Gold and Silver Threads of GIM

Argentsum

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I was wondering if some of the best discussion threads of GIM could be copied into a sub-forum that is strictly read only?

Maybe have a monthly vetting process or such-like where we can nominate the threads that forum members consider the most informative, the most entertaining, etc. Possibly with a limit of one thread per sub-forum or maybe not. Just tossing out ideas.

This might prove useful as a an area we can point new folks to when they have questions like, "what is the best form of silver to buy?, How much gold is a lot of gold?"

Might also serve as a place where occasional readers can view the highlights of the board without wading through the minutia.

Something like a "Legends of GIM" but for content.

GOLD DUCK

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
QWAK,If it aint broke DON"T try to fix it!:36_1_30::452:

the DUCK :s11:

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
Argentsum

I actually have no issue with it. Would only need someone to spearhead it.

We could put them in the library with a new title subforum like 'frequent topics', 'recurring topics', 'keepers' or ????????

whatever you guys think is appropriate?

whoever chose to do it would have to vet them thru somehow, then see them and send us a note to move them over.

I am totally opened to what you guys think is needed,

Argentsum

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Argentsum

I actually have no issue with it. Would only need someone to spearhead it.

We could put them in the library with a new title subforum like 'frequent topics', 'recurring topics', 'keepers' or ????????

whatever you guys think is appropriate?

whoever chose to do it would have to vet them thru somehow, then see them and send us a note to move them over.

I am totally opened to what you guys think is needed,
Thanks Scorpio,

Hmmm... 80+ views and the only member comments were negative. Think I'll pass on pushing this.

No big deal.

Scorpio

Скорпион
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
naww, I appreciate the point,

What if we had an area that was FAQ Metals? or FAQ Gold and Silver?

or what if we had a Metals Library sub up in the Gold and Silver Forum?

Then threads regarding this or that could be copied to that area for keeping rather than the normal sliding that makes them difficult to refer to unless someone is subscribed to them?

ideas anyone?

Weatherman

In GIM since 2006
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
The OP is a good idea.:emotions16:
No need to copy threads or move them. Just sticky a post that has links to metals threads with substance. Then posters could respond to that sticky thread by posting links to threads they would like to add. That sticky thread would be like an abbreviated index to metals related information.