• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

The Good News Thread:

Brio

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If I were you (& didn't have that new contract), I'd just go there and set up a table with a laptop outside and play solitaire / watch movies... where they could see me... and GLOAT!!!
LOL they'd be cranky for sure. But late Oct in mid BC isn't much fun sitting outside. My car has heated seats. Also the job I'm offered and will accept is salaried, I'll be management LMAO!!!

Brio

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
This odd. The boss that layed me off monday isn't too happy. I said I'd let him know if I found another job, just courtesy right? They wanted me to sit at home and wait for a few hours a month. Then he asked if I was giving two weeks notice. After he lays me off. wtf? lol

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
This odd. The boss that layed me off monday isn't too happy. I said I'd let him know if I found another job, just courtesy right? They wanted me to sit at home and wait for a few hours a month. Then he asked if I was giving two weeks notice. After he lays me off. wtf? lol

Ask for a significant raise to come back. Hey boss, you wouldn’t believe what people are offering me

hoarder

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Then he asked if I was giving two weeks notice. After he lays me off. wtf? lol
That would make me WTF also. Seems almost as though the layoff was just a threat to beat you into submission.

Few employees have the good character to do their best when they're being abused. The company recognized that.

Brio

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ask for a significant raise to come back. Hey boss, you wouldn’t believe what people are offering me
Can't, they layed me off. Don't need three people at the site. The old boss wants me to sit at home and wait for the 1 or 2 days a month when they need me. lol

Brio

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That would make me WTF also. Seems almost as though the layoff was just a threat to beat you into submission.

Few employees have the good character to do their best when they're being abused. The company recognized that.
No, they don't want to lay me off at all. The other two have a combined 70 years union seniority. I'm a contractor. They have no choice. I could run the site by myself but union rules.

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
See how simple it is to help others. Now I wonder what that positive action had on others................

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
See how simple it is to help others. Now I wonder what that positive action had on others................

I cannot watch that without getting chokey. It ends with an extra happy conclusion. Amazing video.

Brio

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So I didn't get the job I thought I would early Nov, I suspect bc I'm not vaxxed. But I did get offered a job today at a place I've wanted to work for a while, a Canadian family owned building supply. I think it's going to be a lot of fun. Yup. And they didn't ask me if I was vaxxed. Good sign.

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
I cannot watch that without getting chokey. It ends with an extra happy conclusion. Amazing video.

My daughter's reply? =

"Please stop sending me that junk - all it is, is click-bait"... Cynical little liberal, eh?

Unca Walt

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
My daughter's reply? =

"Please stop sending me that junk - all it is, is click-bait"... Cynical little liberal, eh?
I pity her for being a prisoner of that mindset.

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Bitch be wack but that's a good thing!

Former presidential candidate Hillary Clinton choked up in a video released Wednesday as she read portions of the speech she would have given had she won the 2016 election.

The video of her speech comes from her new talk on the power of resilience for MasterClass, a streaming platform featuring stories from people sharing what they have learned with others. Clinton says in the video that she has never shared her speech with anyone or even read it out loud. However, she says her speech helps to encapsulate who she is and what she believes in, according to TODAY .

"Fundamentally, this election challenged us to decide what it means to be an American in the 21st century," her victory speech read. "And for reaching for a unity, decency, and what President Lincoln called 'the better angels of our nature.' We met that challenge."

HILLARY CLINTON HAS COUGHING FIT DURING RACHEL MADDOW INTERVIEW

Clinton begins to tear up when talking about her mother. She says if she could time travel, she would tell her mother that her daughter, as hard to imagine as it might sound, would become the president of the United States.

Clinton's speech did not specifically mention former President Donald Trump, though she does say that every American has a role to play in "our great American story," including those who either voted for other candidates or did not vote at all.

"I am as sure of this as anything I have ever known: America is the greatest country in the world," Clinton reads as she struggles to speak. "And from tonight going forward, together, we will make America even greater than it has ever been, for each and every one of us."

Her full speech will be made available in MasterClass when it is released on Thursday. She hopes the lessons contained in it "will help you chart your own path with passion and purpose," she writes on social media.

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
A lot of people made ringtones out of that meltdown, so they can laugh at her all over again whenever their phone rings

BigJim#1-8

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
This is the America I remember.

Mike Lindell to donate Pillows to Tornado Victims​

December 17, 2021

Boy I’ll tell ya, not only is this guy a Great Patriot and Smart business man, he’s also a hell of a person. Jack Posobiec, announced that Mike Lindell and MyPillow.com will be donating over 10,000 MyPillows to the tornado victims in Kentucky. They will be distributed on Christmas Eve.
They tried to cancel this man, but that will never happen. Patriots please continue to support him and BUY!!!!
Yesterday, Biden showed up in Kentucky to take pictures and pretend to care about the people, he got on the fake Airforce One and flew away.. Patriots like Mike Lindell are here to help!

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Video at link worth watching. I approve of the black guy beating the white guy.

ohio2-750x445.jpg

Culture Videos

Man Snatched 87 Year Old Woman’s Purse At Krogers – Shopper Chase Him Down And Serves Him Instant Justice (Video)​

December 20, 2021 Michelle M. 2 Comments Citizen's Award, Kroger, Lemon Township, OHIO, Robber, robbery

On Thursday, an Ohio man was honored with a Citizen’s Award after the Butler County Sheriff’s Office said he chased down and subdued a robbery suspect that grabbed an 87-year-old woman’s purse.
According to the Butler County Sheriff’s Office, 58-year-old Derek Vaughn stole the purse of an 87-year-old woman the morning of Dec. 5 before bolting out of the Kroger grocery store. Other customers heard the victim’s screams and began chasing after the suspect, the sheriff said.
Surveillance footage at the Kroger on Oxford State Road in Lemon Township shows a man in a black and yellow jacket chasing a man in the blue jacket out of the store and down to the ground.
Deshawn Pressley, 27, got to him first. Deputies said Pressley chased Vaughn into the parking lot, tackling him while another Good Samaritan retrieved the victim’s purse.
“I heard screaming and yelling,” Pressley said. “It was a yell saying ‘I need help.’ I just turned around and did what I had to do as a citizen, and I’m glad I helped her because she’s a wonderful, lovely lady and I just love helping people.”
Pressley said he learned at a young age from his grandmother to always stick up for his elders.

“My mom died when I was young and my grandma took me in and she did very good by me,” he said.
Patricia Goins said she and Deshawn Pressley briefly crossed paths inside a grocery store in Lemon Township when a man ran past her, grabbing her purse.

Video below:
Video Player

00:00

01:35

Police arrived at the store and arrested the suspect. The sheriff’s office arranged a ceremony to praise Pressley for making a citizen’s arrest.
Sheriff Richard Jones said he believes Pressley’s actions are rare in this day and age.
“He jumped in and took action and we are very fortunate she got her purse back,” Jones said. “We sent a message to this guy, who I hope is still in my jail.”
“I think he was great,” Goins said. “He’s my hero.”
Goins and Pressley said they plan to get together for lunch very soon.

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Quite a change from the usual "gold standard"... Wish that it was "catching"...

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
1640480271479.png

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Videos at link

Heartwarming moment seven-year-old seriously injured by Missouri tornado which killed her sister squeals with delight as she receives boxes of Christmas gifts from Donald and Melania Trump​

• An enthusiastic Avalinn Rackley, 7, reacted to the news when filmed by her grandmother, Pam Moore, weeks after her older sister Annistyn was killed
  • 'Oh my God!' the brave little girl screams happily while wearing a back brace and matching Christmas onesies with her dad, Trent Rackley
  • Meanwhile, Avalinn's mom, Meghan Rackley, is slowly recovering from severe brain trauma, but has since woken up from a coma
  • Avalinn has started walking again after a tornado ripped apart her Missouri home last week, breaking her vertebrae
  • The entire Rackley family took refuge in their bathroom before a tornado - one of more than 30 storms that ravaged through five states - lifted the home and deposited it into a field
By ANDREA BLANCO FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 15:21 EST, 26 December 2021 | UPDATED: 19:25 EST, 26 December 2021

A seven year-old girl left badly injured because of a tornado that killed her nine year-old sibling couldn't contain her excitement after receiving boxes of Christmas gifts from Donald and Melania Trump.
An enthusiastic Avalinn Rackley, 7, reacted to the news when filmed by her grandmother, Pam Moore, weeks after her older sister and best friend Annistyn was killed by a tornado that also destroyed the family home in Caruthersville, Missouri on December 10.
'These boxes came in the mail, and they are from...President Trump! Both of these boxes. Can you believe it?' Moore says as Avalinn grins with expectation.

'Oh my God!' the brave little girl screams happily while wearing a back brace and matching Christmas onesies with her dad, Trent Rackley, who like Avalinn's younger sister, Alana, suffered minor injuries.
Meanwhile, Avalinn's mom, Meghan Rackley, is slowly recovering from severe brain trauma, but has since woken up from a coma and was able to say her mother's name.
An enthusiastic Avalinn Rackley, 7, reacted to the news when filmed by her grandmother, Pam Moore, weeks after her older sister and best friend Annistyn was killed by a tornado that also destroyed the family home on December 10

+18
She was wearing a back brace and matching Christmas onesies with her dad, Trent Rackley, who like Avalinn's younger sister, Alana, suffered minor injuries

+18

An enthusiastic Avalinn Rackley, 7, reacted to the news when filmed by her grandmother, Pam Moore, weeks after her older sister and best friend Annistyn was killed by a tornado that also destroyed the family home on December 10. She was wearing a back brace and matching Christmas onesies with her dad, Trent Rackley, who like Avalinn's younger sister, Alana, suffered minor injuries
'We are so encouraged by the strength and determination you have shown during this very difficult time. You will remain in our hearts for complete care and comfort as you continue to recover,' the letter read

+18
'We are so encouraged by the strength and determination you have shown during this very difficult time. You will remain in our hearts for complete care and comfort as you continue to recover,' the letter read

'Donald and Melania Trump sent a package! They got hats signed by Donald Trump, Presidential blankets, American Girl Dolls, books signed by President Trump and Melania, pens, bracelets and so much more!' Moore posted on Facebook on Christmas Day along with the video of Avalinn finding out about the presents.
Moore also posted the touching letter the former president and his wife sent to lift the little girl's spirit during this hard moment in her life.
'We are so encouraged by the strength and determination you have shown during this very difficult time. You will remain in our hearts for complete care and comfort as you continue to recover,' the letter read.
'With your steadfast spirit, and the unwavering strength and support of your wonderful family and many friends, your future potential is limitless.'
Avalinn's mother, Meghan recovering from her injuries, after relatives said they needed a miracle for the mother-of-three and kindergarten teacher.
'It made my momma heart so happy to hear her say my name. She is such a strong fighter. She is going to continue to improve each and every day,' Moore posted about her daughter on December 23.

Avalinn Rackley, 7, was filmed wearing a neck brace and using a walker to cruise down the hallway at Le Bonheur Children's Hospital

+18
The little girl was in good spirits following a successful surgery on Wednesday

+18

Avalinn Rackley, 7, was filmed wearing a neck brace and using a walker to cruise down the hallway at Le Bonheur Children's Hospital less than a week after surgery in a video posted by her grandmother Sunday
Also on Sunday, Avalinn draws a heart around a picture of her and her sister Annistyn, who was killed by one of the deadly tornadoes that swept through five Missouri Valley states on December 10

+18

Also on Sunday, Avalinn draws a heart around a picture of her and her sister Annistyn, who was killed by one of the deadly tornadoes that swept through five Missouri Valley states on December 10
Missouri girl who survived tornado is learning to walk again.

The tornado that swept away the girls' Caruthersville home flung them, their 3-year-old sister Alanna and their parents - Meghan and Trey - into a field, killing 9-year-old Annistyn and severely wounding Avalinn and Meghan.
The plight of the Rackley family captured the nation's attention when a photo of Avalinn and her sisters taking shelter in their bathroom went viral after more than 30 tornadoes rampaged through Kentucky, Missouri and three other states in early December, killing at least 90 people. Sadly, their attempt at shelter did not succeed, with horrific tragedy ensuing.
Avalinn began a slow and steady stroll across her hospital room after a successful round of surgery for a broken vertebrae, while family members cheered her on as they found hope amid their tragedy.

BigJim#1-8

Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Buck

Mother Lode Found
Midas Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Videos at link

Heartwarming moment seven-year-old seriously injured by Missouri tornado which killed her sister squeals with delight as she receives boxes of Christmas gifts from Donald and Melania Trump​

• An enthusiastic Avalinn Rackley, 7, reacted to the news when filmed by her grandmother, Pam Moore, weeks after her older sister Annistyn was killed
  • 'Oh my God!' the brave little girl screams happily while wearing a back brace and matching Christmas onesies with her dad, Trent Rackley
  • Meanwhile, Avalinn's mom, Meghan Rackley, is slowly recovering from severe brain trauma, but has since woken up from a coma
  • Avalinn has started walking again after a tornado ripped apart her Missouri home last week, breaking her vertebrae
  • The entire Rackley family took refuge in their bathroom before a tornado - one of more than 30 storms that ravaged through five states - lifted the home and deposited it into a field
By ANDREA BLANCO FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 15:21 EST, 26 December 2021 | UPDATED: 19:25 EST, 26 December 2021

A seven year-old girl left badly injured because of a tornado that killed her nine year-old sibling couldn't contain her excitement after receiving boxes of Christmas gifts from Donald and Melania Trump.
An enthusiastic Avalinn Rackley, 7, reacted to the news when filmed by her grandmother, Pam Moore, weeks after her older sister and best friend Annistyn was killed by a tornado that also destroyed the family home in Caruthersville, Missouri on December 10.
'These boxes came in the mail, and they are from...President Trump! Both of these boxes. Can you believe it?' Moore says as Avalinn grins with expectation.

'Oh my God!' the brave little girl screams happily while wearing a back brace and matching Christmas onesies with her dad, Trent Rackley, who like Avalinn's younger sister, Alana, suffered minor injuries.
Meanwhile, Avalinn's mom, Meghan Rackley, is slowly recovering from severe brain trauma, but has since woken up from a coma and was able to say her mother's name.
An enthusiastic Avalinn Rackley, 7, reacted to the news when filmed by her grandmother, Pam Moore, weeks after her older sister and best friend Annistyn was killed by a tornado that also destroyed the family home on December 10

+18
She was wearing a back brace and matching Christmas onesies with her dad, Trent Rackley, who like Avalinn's younger sister, Alana, suffered minor injuries's younger sister, Alana, suffered minor injuries

+18

An enthusiastic Avalinn Rackley, 7, reacted to the news when filmed by her grandmother, Pam Moore, weeks after her older sister and best friend Annistyn was killed by a tornado that also destroyed the family home on December 10. She was wearing a back brace and matching Christmas onesies with her dad, Trent Rackley, who like Avalinn's younger sister, Alana, suffered minor injuries
'We are so encouraged by the strength and determination you have shown during this very difficult time. You will remain in our hearts for complete care and comfort as you continue to recover,' the letter read'We are so encouraged by the strength and determination you have shown during this very difficult time. You will remain in our hearts for complete care and comfort as you continue to recover,' the letter read

+18

'Donald and Melania Trump sent a package! They got hats signed by Donald Trump, Presidential blankets, American Girl Dolls, books signed by President Trump and Melania, pens, bracelets and so much more!' Moore posted on Facebook on Christmas Day along with the video of Avalinn finding out about the presents.
Moore also posted the touching letter the former president and his wife sent to lift the little girl's spirit during this hard moment in her life.
'We are so encouraged by the strength and determination you have shown during this very difficult time. You will remain in our hearts for complete care and comfort as you continue to recover,' the letter read.
'With your steadfast spirit, and the unwavering strength and support of your wonderful family and many friends, your future potential is limitless.'
Avalinn's mother, Meghan recovering from her injuries, after relatives said they needed a miracle for the mother-of-three and kindergarten teacher.
'It made my momma heart so happy to hear her say my name. She is such a strong fighter. She is going to continue to improve each and every day,' Moore posted about her daughter on December 23.

Avalinn Rackley, 7, was filmed wearing a neck brace and using a walker to cruise down the hallway at Le Bonheur Children's Hospital's Hospital

+18
The little girl was in good spirits following a successful surgery on Wednesday

+18

Avalinn Rackley, 7, was filmed wearing a neck brace and using a walker to cruise down the hallway at Le Bonheur Children's Hospital less than a week after surgery in a video posted by her grandmother Sunday

+18

Missouri girl who survived tornado is learning to walk again.

The tornado that swept away the girls' Caruthersville home flung them, their 3-year-old sister Alanna and their parents - Meghan and Trey - into a field, killing 9-year-old Annistyn and severely wounding Avalinn and Meghan.
The plight of the Rackley family captured the nation's attention when a photo of Avalinn and her sisters taking shelter in their bathroom went viral after more than 30 tornadoes rampaged through Kentucky, Missouri and three other states in early December, killing at least 90 people. Sadly, their attempt at shelter did not succeed, with horrific tragedy ensuing.
Avalinn began a slow and steady stroll across her hospital room after a successful round of surgery for a broken vertebrae, while family members cheered her on as they found hope amid their tragedy.
interesting shield on the top of that letter...

:green tea:

mtnman

Platinum Bling
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
1642291727913.png

SongSungAU

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score

Blake Shelton invites 6-year-old awaiting heart transplant on stage​

Video at link:
https://www.yahoo.com/news/blake-shelton-invites-6-old-181813766.html

Blake Shelton was performing when he saw a boy holding up a sign. It said he was 6 years old, waiting for a heart transplant, and wanted to sing with Blake. So the country star invited the boy up on stage.

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
My carpenter son & all the crew in his outfit went from New England to Kentucky for a week to help the tornado victims without storm insurance rebuild their homes.

They were lodged on cots in a mega-church building, and fed (well).

He told me that the Amish arrived by the thousands too. Not just the men (well organized & skilled), but told me about a line of 50 black-dressed women with rakes pushing all the trash & debris away, where he was working... The Amish also custom-built kitchen cabinets etc, and brought home-made furniture... (all donated for free)...

(I don't know how long it took their horse-buggies to get there!... and if they have trailers on them! ;) )

Last edited:

SongSungAU

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
My carpenter son & all the crew in his outfit went from New England to Kentucky for a week to help the tornado victims without storm insurance rebuild their homes.

He told me that the Amish arrived by the thousands too. Not just the men (well organized & skilled), but told me about a line of 50 black-dressed women with rakes pushing all the trash & debris away, where he was working... The Amish also custom-built kitchen cabinets etc, and brought home-made furniture... (all donated for free)...

(I don't know how long it took their horse-buggies to get there!... and if they have trailers on them! ;) )
God bless your son and all the others who helped those folks in Kentucky.

Brio

Site Supporter
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

My brother married an Amish girl, I went to their wedding in Ohio. Dad in law's house was a work of art. The craftsmanship was stunning. All done by hand. Those people are skilled from hell to breakfast. And wealthy.

Ensoniq

Midas Member
Midas Member
Eagle
Reaction score
My brother married an Amish girl, I went to their wedding in Ohio. Dad in law's house was a work of art. The craftsmanship was stunning. All done by hand. Those people are skilled from hell to breakfast. And wealthy.

and have morals

they understand that a 5 year old shouldn’t be told that it’s up to them to decide if they are a little boy or a little girl;)

newmisty

DUPPY CONQUERER
Site Supporter ++
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Uglytruth

Super Moderator
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Not all Angels have Wings​

Goldhedge

Retired
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Don't know if this is good or bad news. We all have our burdens to bear....

britneyspears's profile picture

britneyspears

Verified​

In a world where it’s okay to lock your daughter up and make her work 7 days a week … 8:00 am to 6:00 pm … no days off … 105 people are in and out of a small trailer home weekly … No private baths … seen naked when changing … drugged … can’t even speak or talk … has to be available to the treatment people and show up every day for 10 hours a day … if not will have to stay longer … never given a date on when you can leave … 9:00 pm bed every night … like 8 gallons of blood weekly … this happened to me for 4 months after I worked for my dad and my family for 13 fucking years … I gave my all when I worked only to be literally thrown away … I was nothing more than a puppet to my family yet to the public I just performed on stage and did what I was told to do … but it was worse than that because it was accepted and approved by the people I loved the most … Looks are deceiving …. I must have it nice on vacations lol !!!! After 13 years damn straight I should go !!! I was treated less than, demoralized and embarrassed … nobody should ever be treated the way I was …. The reason I bring this up is because ending the conservatorship is a huge deal but come on … THAT’S IT ??? They all got away with it !!! If you’ve ever been in shock for 4 months … threatened for your life … you would be upset too … I’m not done … I want justice and won’t stop until something is done to those who harmed me … and YES I was harmed !!!! This is a message to all who have been threatened for their life … You are NOT ALONE !!!!

Screen Shot 2022-03-06 at 6.36.56 PM.png

Last edited: