• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

The Good News Thread:

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I can't see the connection to a Dr. learning how to do child heart transplants would play politics. It don't make any sense to have the talent then hold someone hostage .

Unvaccinated baby who was initially DENIED a new heart because his evangelical parents refused to get him jabbed is finally approved for the transplant: Medical ethics expert says doctor was playing 'COVID politics' with decision​

• August Stoll was born on December 8 in Tennessee, and from the age of 13 days has battled a heart defect, meaning he has spent much of his life in hospital
  • On June 8 he had heart surgery, but it did not work as hoped, and his parents Clint and Hannah were told that August would need a heart transplant
  • The evangelical parents were unhappy about the news, but even more unhappy when their doctor said August needed vaccinations before the transplant
  • The Stolls argued that vaccinating their baby was against their beliefs, and put their severely immunocompromised child at risk
  • August has now been added to the transplant list: it was unclear whether the parents agreed to the vaccinations, or whether the hospital backed down
  • One bioethicist and theologian told Fox News that the case was 'puzzling' and said it was wrong for doctors to 'impose their ideology on patients'
By HARRIET ALEXANDER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 21:08 EDT, 28 June 2022 | UPDATED: 02:36 EDT, 29 June 2022

A six-month-old baby in Tennessee with a heart defect has finally been added to the waiting list for a transplant, after his evangelical parents claimed their doctor told them their child had to be vaccinated first.
August Stoll was born in December, and his heart defect was diagnosed when he was 13 days old.
He has spent much of his young life in Vanderbilt Children's Hospital in Nashville, and in June had heart surgery but his parents were told he would need a transplant.

'The transplant team (specifically Dr. David Bearl) gave us an ultimatum that if we did not give August a series of vaccines, he would keep him off the transplant list,' wrote his mother Hannah Stoll on June 24, on the website Tennessee Stands, a libertarian and religious organization.
Six-month-old August Stoll is pictured in a photo the family shared on Instagram. The baby is now awaiting a lifesaving heart transplant. It is unclear if he has now been vaccinated: his mother Hannah said he had not been vaccinated against COVID, but did not explain why he was now eligible for a transplant

+5
View gallery
Six-month-old August Stoll is pictured in a photo the family shared on Instagram. The baby is now awaiting a lifesaving heart transplant. It is unclear if he has now been vaccinated: his mother Hannah said he had not been vaccinated against COVID, but did not explain why he was now eligible for a transplant
Hannah and Clint Stoll are seen together in 2011. The couple married in 2010, with Hannah moving from California and working at No Greater Joy ministries

+5
View gallery
Hannah and Clint Stoll are seen together in 2011. The couple married in 2010, with Hannah moving from California and working at No Greater Joy ministries
'He specifically used the phrase, 'I am mandating,' about eight times during our first conversation about this.'
She did not specify what vaccines were required, or detail his explanation.

'The second conversation, I reasoned and debated with him over the insanity of giving my baby vaccines with a huge risk of a negative outcome, on a severely immunosuppressed child on their death bed,' she wrote.
'He continued to refuse. I asked him if this was legal. He said no. I asked if this was policy. He said no.
'Our third conversation (this morning), he came and asked me if I had any more questions. I asked if he changed his mind. He said no.'
Hannah, who in 2011 described herself as 'a California girl' who moved to Tennessee after falling in love with and marrying Clint Stoll, appears to work at No Greater Joy ministries.
She said that she was adamant August not be vaccinated.
Hannah and Clint Stoll are pictured with baby August in their GiveSendGo page, fundraising for the medical expenses

Hannah and Clint Stoll are pictured with baby August in their GiveSendGo page, fundraising for the medical expenses
August is being treated at the Vanderbilt Children's Hospital in Nashville

+5
View gallery
August is being treated at the Vanderbilt Children's Hospital in Nashville
'I firmly believe with absolute confidence that it is despicable, unethical, heartless, and disgusting to withhold a heart from a six-month-old baby over this,' she wrote.
'I believe loading his body on these [vaccines] will kill him. I believe it is within my rights as a parent to choose this for him. I believe that this doctor holding this over us is motivated by ego.
'As his parents, we have a responsibility to protect our son at all costs. He is dying, and time is of the essence.'
Yet on Monday, the family wrote on Instagram that August had now been accepted onto the transplant list.
It was unclear whether they had decided to vaccinate him, or whether the hospital had waived the alleged requirement.
Neither the Stolls, their local aspiring congressman Robby Starbuck representing them, nor the doctor or hospital responded to DailyMail.com's request for comment.
'August has been quickly placed on the transplant list,' the family said.
Dr David Bearl has been treating August Stoll, and allegedly said he needed to be vaccinated before he was allowed on a transplant waiting list

+5
View gallery
Dr David Bearl has been treating August Stoll, and allegedly said he needed to be vaccinated before he was allowed on a transplant waiting list
'In his state of cardiac decline, we made the decision as parents to prioritize his status on the list. In his extremely delicate state, we cannot risk moving him, although it was offered many times by Vanderbilt and by several private individuals.'
They said deciding what to do was a deeply traumatic experience.
'As parents, it is very difficult to balance health decisions when your child is in such a delicate state, hanging in the balance between life and death,' the family said.
'Decisions have to be made sometimes hour by hour. We empathize with anyone with a medically delicate child. It is unnatural to experience the confusion, fear and pain one does when their child sits on a precipice medically. It is not the way things were meant to be when God created the family unit.'
They did not specify why August was now cleared for a transplant.
'Vanderbilt has been clear they are willing to work with us in some ways regarding our beliefs. But we did not win this fight.
'Vanderbilt Children's Hospital has respected our privacy and it is important we keep the lines of communication open and productive.'
They added: '*August will not receive the c*vid V*.'
In previous posts, they begged their supporters to stop sending death threats to the hospital staff.
'We do not endorse any threat of violence on any staff of Vanderbilt in any way,' they wrote.
'We do not support doxxing in any way. It is unproductive for helping August and despite our strong differences with the transplant team, we do not support harm to others.'
One bioethicist and theologian, Charlie Camosy, told Fox News the situation was 'puzzling'.
Charlie Camosy said that the case was 'puzzling'

+5

Stressing that he did not know the detail of the case, he said that some doctors were trying to 'impose their ideology on parents'.
'Normally, doctors in the business are trying to protect children,' he said.
'But it looked like [the doctor in this case] might've been playing some kind of COVID politics with this.'
On June 18, the CDC approved COVID vaccines for infants from six months old.
Camosy said that Dr Bearl should be struck off for forcing the family to vaccinate August.
'Think about the power imbalance here,' he said. 'Think about the desperation this family has felt.
'That's a horrible thing.'
Camosy said it was 'not all that uncommon' for doctors to impose their views.
'It's really, really complicated and that's what makes this case so difficult,' he said.

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score

Texas Company to Pay Medical Costs for Workers Who Have Babies in Response to Roe v. Wade Decision​

african american infant baby lying on bed while mother hands pull baby up - stock photo
Mongkolchon Akesin/Getty Images
AMY FURR3 Jul 2022152
2:31
An insurance company in Southlake, Texas, vowed to pay medical bills for workers wanting to have babies as a response to the Roe v. Wade decision.
In a social media post on Monday, Buffer Insurance said it “will pay the medical costs for our employees who birth babies” and “Provide paid time off for employees to have maternity & paternity leave.”
The company added it would “pay for the medical costs associated with adopting a baby.”
“Secular companies are paying the travel costs for employees to abort babies out-of-state,” one of the company’s infographics read.
The announcement got a huge response from followers. One social media user wrote, “Wow!! I am following your page because of this response to Roe v Wade.”
SUBSCRIBE

By subscribing, you agree to our terms of use & privacy policy. You will receive email marketing messages from Breitbart News Network to the email you provide. You may unsubscribe at any time.
“While many other companies are promoting abortion, you are doing exactly what women and families really need. Thank you for affirming life and valuing children and parents. Never heard of you before, but you deserve to have your name out there. Thanks for being the light,” the person continued.
“This is what true feminism has been striving for in the workplace, not an environment where femininity is disdained and cast aside, forcing women to act like men in order to be equal,” another user replied.
“These are the types of benefits that will attract your hardest working women who will be grateful for the work/family balance,” the person added.
The United States Supreme Court recently overruled Roe v. Wade, holding in the Dobbs case the Constitution did not provide a right to abortion.
The decision returned the issue to the states, Breitbart News reported June 24:
Roe was handed down in 1973 in a 7-2 decision, holding that the U.S. Constitution includes a constitutional right to abortion, despite the fact that abortion is not found in the text, structure, or history of the Constitution, and the nation went more than 180 years without ever noticing it existed. It has been one of the most divisive legal issues in American history.
The CEO of Dick’s Sporting Goods said after the decision to overturn Roe v. Wade the company would cover travel costs for workers who want abortions.
Meanwhile, Buffer Insurance told employers if they want to know how to offer the same benefits to their own workers, it has policies for their employee handbooks.
EconomyHealthPre-ViralAbortionpro-lifeRoe v. WadeSouthlakeTexas

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score

D-FENZ

Gold Chaser
Sr Midas Sup +++
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score

16-year-old jumps into river to save 3 girls, cop as car sinks, Mississippi police say​

https://www.yahoo.com/news/16-old-jumps-river-save-225021164.html

dd5ba2f65a442b662d611dd1b27a70d7

Marquita Evans Facebook page/Marquita Evans Facebook page

A 16-year-old jumped into a river in Mississippi to save three teenage girls and a police officer from drowning after a car drove off a boat launch, according to media outlets and police.

Corion Evans rushed into the water after the vehicle with three girls inside drove into the Pascagoula River in Moss Point and started sinking about 20 feet from the shore, according to WLOX.

He also helped save a Moss Point police officer who swam out to help but started to struggle in the water, according to the outlet.

The car drove into the water at around 2:30 a.m. on July 3, Moss Point Police Chief Brandon Ashley wrote in an email to McClatchy News. The three girls and the police officer are recovering well, he wrote.

Moss Point is about 28 miles east of Biloxi.

Ashley called Evans’ actions “heroic” and said his courage did not go unnoticed.

“I believe that if he did not decide to risk his own safety it may have turned into (an) ... unimaginable tragedy,” he wrote, “but we are all grateful for Mr. Evans’ selflessness and bravery he displayed by helping rescue the people stranded in the river.”

Cora Watson, who was inside the car when it drove into the water, shared a photo of Evans on Facebook on July 4 and wrote that he saved her life.

“This man right here saved my life right before my last breath,” she said. “I’m so thankful for him.”

Evans’ mother, Marquita Evans, also praised her son on Facebook.

Marquita and Corion Evans did not respond to requests for comment from McClatchy News.

“My hero,” Marquita Evans wrote. “My son saved 4 lives last night while risking his own life… (that’s) four times he went in that water fighting to save those individuals ... (I’m) so proud of you son for not giving up and saving lives!”

dacrunch

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score

16-year-old jumps into river to save 3 girls, cop as car sinks, Mississippi police say​

https://www.yahoo.com/news/16-old-jumps-river-save-225021164.html

dd5ba2f65a442b662d611dd1b27a70d7

Marquita Evans Facebook page/Marquita Evans Facebook page

A 16-year-old jumped into a river in Mississippi to save three teenage girls and a police officer from drowning after a car drove off a boat launch, according to media outlets and police.

Corion Evans rushed into the water after the vehicle with three girls inside drove into the Pascagoula River in Moss Point and started sinking about 20 feet from the shore, according to WLOX.
He also helped save a Moss Point police officer who swam out to help but started to struggle in the water, according to the outlet.

The car drove into the water at around 2:30 a.m. on July 3, Moss Point Police Chief Brandon Ashley wrote in an email to McClatchy News. The three girls and the police officer are recovering well, he wrote.

Moss Point is about 28 miles east of Biloxi.

Ashley called Evans’ actions “heroic” and said his courage did not go unnoticed.

“I believe that if he did not decide to risk his own safety it may have turned into (an) ... unimaginable tragedy,” he wrote, “but we are all grateful for Mr. Evans’ selflessness and bravery he displayed by helping rescue the people stranded in the river.”

Cora Watson, who was inside the car when it drove into the water, shared a photo of Evans on Facebook on July 4 and wrote that he saved her life.

“This man right here saved my life right before my last breath,” she said. “I’m so thankful for him.”

Evans’ mother, Marquita Evans, also praised her son on Facebook.

Marquita and Corion Evans did not respond to requests for comment from McClatchy News.

“My hero,” Marquita Evans wrote. “My son saved 4 lives last night while risking his own life… (that’s) four times he went in that water fighting to save those individuals ... (I’m) so proud of you son for not giving up and saving lives!”
Uh
A couple of thoughts

What was a popo doing with 3 girls in his car at a boat launch ramp at 2.30 am?

What was the "hero" doing there too?

Kudos to the hero... breaking a few stereotypes...notwithstanding his hairstyle, and a good swimmer!

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I doubt if anyone here need this video. But I bet we all know people that need to see this video. Lets help them help themselves.

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Compare this to cops standing around while kids get shot..............

A man in Lafayette, Indiana saved four children and an 18-year-old girl Monday morning by helping them escape from a massive house fire.

25-year-old Nick Bostic told WXIN he was driving home around 12:30 am when he saw the home ablaze.

“I saw the fire on the balcony so I slammed on the brakes, pulled in the driveway, and ran into the house from the back. I was hollering ‘Is there anybody in there?’” he said.

When he got inside the house, Bostic saw the 18-year-old girl and three kids.

The group told him there was another child in the home and he rushed back in, understanding the potentially life-threatening risk.

“The smoke just came out of nowhere. It was pitch black, pitch black. The heat was excruciating,” Bostic described the scene.

He eventually found a six-year-old girl in the home and ran upstairs to jump out of a second-story window, the only exit he could find.

Police bodycam footage shows the heroic citizen pleading for oxygen and being treated for cuts on his arms.

“Is the baby okay? Please tell me that baby is okay,” he told officers who assured him she was alright.

Police now say the young girl was “miraculously mostly uninjured.”

As for Bostic, he told WLFI, “The front of my hand, it’s cut up pretty bad. They rewrapped it before I left. But I got a cut right here, a possible severed tendon. The bottom of my hands are blistered like I grabbed something hot. I recall seeing flames through the window as I was punching it out.”

“I was just pushing time on its edge. I was pushing its limit, literally pushed its limit to the last millisecond. I just got lucky,” Bostic added.

Fox News reported Bostic as saying, “Waking up every morning I have something to remind me of why I’m here, still alive. Why God keeps me here. He used me like his instrument that night.”

While he doesn’t wish to be hailed as a hero, the city of Lafayette issued a statement thanking Bostic for his selflessness and calmness in the face of danger.

“Nicholas Bostic’s heroic actions saved lives. His selflessness during this incident is inspiring, and he has impressed many with his courage, tenacity, and steadfast calmness in the face of such perilous danger,” the statement reads.

SongSungAU

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Twin Sisters Separated at Birth Reunite on 'GMA' (10 min 45 sec):

Published on Jan 11, 2017 by Good Morning America​

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
That mans mother taught him a very valuable lesson.

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
A miracle in today's society. :2 thumbs up::thumbs up 2::thumbs up 2::thumbs up 2:

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
I found a 1902 nickle today. It must be someone's lucky charm. It is very worn from decades of carring it. I called the gas station & reported it as I hope I can get it back to it's rightful owner.

Uglytruth

Mother Lode Found
Sr Midas Sup +++
Survivor
Mother Lode
Reaction score
Well said!

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Eagle
Survivor
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Well said!

We are, all, in life, plus or minus a little bit, where we want to be.
When it gets to where we do not like, where we are at, we will change it our selves !
And, every once in a while, you will see someone pick themselves up by the bootstraps & get back into society.
THAT is someone you might want to help. Let the others waller in their self inflicted shit !