• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

The Good News Thread:

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
The little kid took it well...no pun intended.

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter

Someone_else

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
That is one good operator running that machine.
Yeah. Our town has a really gifted backhoe guy, he's like a surgeon. I am "okay". My backhoe is super sensitive on left-right, so I have to baby that control. Otherwise, I am "okay" on it, fine for trenches (of course) and dirt movement, but not for precision foundation work.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Yeah. Our town has a really gifted backhoe guy, he's like a surgeon. I am "okay". My backhoe is super sensitive on left-right, so I have to baby that control. Otherwise, I am "okay" on it, fine for trenches (of course) and dirt movement, but not for precision foundation work.

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Colorado Air Force Veteran's Funeral Draws Hundreds of Strangers in Snowstorm

https://www.military.com/daily-news...neral-draws-hundreds-strangers-snowstorm.html

Hundreds of people refused to let a snowstorm keep them from laying to rest a Colorado veteran who would have had no mourners.

Clyde Baldwin served in the Air Force for 20 years from 1950 to 1970 -- a period that included the Korean and Vietnam wars, according to reports. He was 91.

His funeral was Friday in Colorado Springs. The large crowd answered a call from a local VFW post requesting their attendance because Baldwin's only relative -- a sister in Oklahoma -- was unable to make it, Fox 21 Colorado Springs reported.

Baldwin, a decorated staff sergeant in the Air Force, wasn’t married and had no children.

“Weather conditions the way they were with people parked all the way out to Drennan and having to actually walk into the cemetery, it’s impressive to see that much support from the community,” Robert Aholt told the station.

Aholt belongs to the Colorado veteran group Patriot Guard Riders.

Baldwin’s funeral with military honors was held at Pikes Peak National Cemetery.

engineear

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Hey nancy see this? It's called AMERICA! It's what we do, it's who we are!
Yeah, they WANTED to go! When you pass, the people that show up are doing so to be on tv, no other reason.

Trump will go....to rip up pictures of you and toss the pieces in the grave...while praying for you.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Colorado Parks and Wildlife Officers Build Cozy Den for Orphaned Bear Cubs

https://www.yahoo.com/news/colorado-parks-wildlife-officers-build-105249430.html

Officers from Colorado Parks and Wildlife have built a cozy den for two orphaned bear cubs in South Park in the hope that they will learn to hibernate and survive in the wild.

The cubs, which had been at the Frisco Creek Wildlife Facility since early September, were placed in their new home on February 18. The den is made out of nearly 30 bales of hay, a bunch of branches, and a snow mound for insulation. It also includes an air pipe.

According to local media, one of the cubs was caught on camera breaking into a home in Pine, Colorado, in August 2019 along with its mother and sibling. The mother was subsequently euthanized after the resident was injured trying to fight them off. Credit: Colorado Parks and Wildlife NE Region via Storyful

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Video shows a customer go from shopper to shopping cart hero! Police in Peachtree, Georgia say an officer was chasing a shoplifter in the parking lot when all of a sudden a shopper watching it all go down rolled his cart into the suspect, knocking him to the ground. Police say the 41-year-old suspect is facing charges of felony shoplifting an obstruction of an officer. It is unclear if he has an attorney.

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Intense!
Cop saves man's life after pulling him from burning house.

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++

newmisty

Splodey-Headed
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
FINALLY! HILLARY CLINTON HEADED TO JAIL AS PRESIDENT TRUMP RELEASES 33000 NEW EMAILS
Apr 13, 2020

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
This is, however, the place to find our Sheriff, at lunch time. :2 thumbs up::finished::dduck:

1588865778020.png

Hanlin: Sheriff's office to educate, not enforce governor's orders closing businesses

1 of 3

The sign on the door at Casey's Restaurant on Garden Valley Boulevard says it all on Wednesday in Roseburg. The restaurant reopened its dining area on Tuesday and was seeing a steady flow of customers.

Casey's Restaurant in Roseburg reopened its inside dining area on Tuesday, and was seeing a steady flow of customers by Wednesday afternoon.
1588866000987.png

1588865603545.png

The Casey's Restaurant sign announces the establishment open for business Wednesday afternoon at its Garden Valley Boulevard location in Roseburg.

Douglas County Sheriff John Hanlin said the Douglas County Sheriff's Office won't enforce the governor's executive orders against businesses that choose to reopen during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Gov. Kate Brown has issued several executive orders since the pandemic reached Oregon, including one in March closing businesses like hair salons where social distancing isn't possible. She also ordered restaurants to close their dining rooms and serve takeout only. Violating the rules can, theoretically at least, lead to hefty fines.
At least one local restaurant is defying that order. Casey's Restaurant on Garden Valley Boulevard in Roseburg was open for business this week. The owner acknowledged the restaurant was open, but declined to comment on the decision.

Hanlin said in an interview Wednesday the role of the sheriff's office here with respect to the governor's shutdown orders is one of education, not of enforcement.
"The governor has not expected or asked local law enforcement to enforce any of her orders," Hanlin said.
If a business that is supposed to be closed under the governor's orders chooses to reopen, he said the role of local law enforcement would simply be to remind that business they're breaking the rules.
The News-Review contacted Hanlin after reading his response this week to a Facebook post. In it, he agreed with a letter posted by Crook County Sheriff John Gautney Monday. In that letter, Gautney said his office was reopening, and that rules barring businesses from operating would not be enforced by his office.
Debbie Corder Malone shared Gautney's letter on Facebook Tuesday, commenting "Now if ours could do this!"
Hanlin said that got under his skin a bit, since the sheriff's office here opened a week ago, along with the rest of the courthouse.
He responded to Malone's post saying the philosophical views expressed in Gautney's letter parallel his exactly, and that he would stand behind the county's citizens and businesses.
"IF 'non-essential' businesses chose to reopen, or people wish to travel about freely and safely, then my office will not interfere. I will always defend the rights of the citizens and I will always stand against a tyrannical government," he wrote.
Hanlin's comment was greeted with about two dozen positive emojis and several favorable comments
"John Hanlin thank you. That is why we stand behind you!" wrote Michelle Miller Mooney.
"THANK YOU!!! Roseburg is fortunate to have you," agreed Elaine Collins Shears.

Hanlin clarified in an interview Wednesday that he was not suggesting the governor's orders were unconstitutional.
Gautney's two-page letter said that many businesses have been "terribly harmed" by the state closing businesses. He said that's not needed in Crook County, which has had just one COVID-19 case.
Douglas County has had just 24 people test positive for the virus, 21 of whom have recovered.
And Hanlin said the flu kills more than 500 people a year in Oregon. In contrast, COVID-19 has killed 115 Oregonians.
Hanlin said he's waiting to see what the governor decides about allowing Southwestern Oregon counties to begin reopening. A group of county commissioners in the region have asked the governor to allow businesses in the region to begin reopening.
Hanlin said it's frustrating that despite the fact that "we've had one death in five counties down here in Southern Oregon and we've done a lot of work to control this outbreak and we're not getting recognized for it at all."
While we can't be careless, he said, since the virus is easily spread, "we're just fortunate that we live in a rural area and don't have the population density to cause that spread to occur so fast."
Gautney, the Crook County sheriff, said in his letter that many people were worried law enforcement officers would arrest people violating the stay at home order. But that's not true, he said.
"If a business decides to open, that is a decision the business owner makes. If customers choose to shop with that business that is that person's choice. We are a free society and able to make decisions based on common sense," Gautney wrote.
Gautney summed up his philosophy like this:
"I believe in supporting the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the state of Oregon and the laws there of. I also try to apply common sense in the application of those laws," he wrote.
While the sheriffs in Crook and Douglas counties won't act as the enforcement arm for the governor's order regarding business closures, that doesn't mean businesses are guaranteed they'll face no enforcement at all.
Oregon Occupational Safety and Health Administration, better known as OSHA, is actively investigating businesses who violate the governor's orders. On its website, it cites Oregon statutes including the Oregon Safe Employment Act as its authority for doing so.

Reporter Carisa Cegavske can be reached at ccegavske@nrtoday.com or 541-957-4213.
React to this story:

GOLDBRIX

Midas Member
Midas Supporter

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++