• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

The Green Book...a Negroes guide

latemetal

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
The history I never knew continues to piss me OFF...

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
Many local churches in the south often had their own addendum page(s) that one could slip/tape/staple into their book with local updates, additions, deletions and corrections. The latter two, deletions and corrections, being of most importance in some of the more hostile areas. It was also a way to get visitors in the church door and an opportunity to solicit a donation.

nickndfl

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Don't forget to put $2000 worth of tires and wheels on a $1000 car. When you need to spit always open the car door instead of rolling down the window. Don't forget those crown air fresheners and the additional stick on simulated chrome fender air vents crap from Discount Auto Parts.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Don't forget to put $2000 worth of tires and wheels on a $1000 car. When you need to spit always open the car door instead of rolling down the window. Don't forget those crown air fresheners and the additional stick on simulated chrome fender air vents crap from Discount Auto Parts.
That is just awfull the don't open the door to spit. hey dude I am white and I do it as it creates a vacuum and the tobacco juice don't go in your hounds eyes. Now don't get me going on Grape Juice Soda cuz I just really don't know what that is all about....

the_shootist

The war is here on our doorstep!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter

Mujahideen

Black Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
What pisses me off is they still think there's racism today...that we've made little progress...
My grandmother hated white people, and she had good reason. She was born in the 1920s.

My mother was a young child in the 60s, she's seen some things, she's pretty neutral, has many whites friends.

And myself, I grew up in a very diverse area to say the least. Most people around me are completely colorblind.

The only "racism" I've seen is what I perceive to be contempt from police for black peoples who don't dress or act like Ned Flanders/Mr. Rogers and nepotism at the workplace by whitey.

Howdy

Silver Member
Silver Miner
If the US was 85% Black and 15% White, how would Whites be treated?

If the US was 85% Mexican and 15% White, how would Whites be treated?

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
That was a good write-up, latemetal, it should be required reading for some of the members here.

Thanks for sharing,
BF

historyrepete

Silver Member
Silver Miner
A little more full circle, when i road trip on my Harley with my wife, i make sure we stay in non gun free districts. Know what i mean? Otherwise the weaker vessel can be a liability

oldgaranddad

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Site Supporter
I'm a big fan of segregation. Give them their own country to vent their anger in. Africa is nice this time of year!
They tried that. It's called Liberia... or what is left of it.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
My grandmother hated white people, and she had good reason. She was born in the 1920s.

My mother was a young child in the 60s, she's seen some things, she's pretty neutral, has many whites friends.

And myself, I grew up in a very diverse area to say the least. Most people around me are completely colorblind.

The only "racism" I've seen is what I perceive to be contempt from police for black peoples who don't dress or act like Ned Flanders/Mr. Rogers and nepotism at the workplace by whitey.
Pretty much the same here... my dad, born in 1927, taught me all the words you don't say in polite company about blacks and all the other ethnicities....

I'm 65 and had 'fears' instilled in me growing up in Chicago that persist today. I work in an alternative school environment and am more used to black and white combinations hanging out together and being 'friends'.

Not a fan of the current habit of droopy gangsta pants and the rap conversations as being 'normal' though. Odd to hear white kids saying the dreaded 'N' in mixed race company (rap music) and nobody gets offended. Those were fightin words back in the day.

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
What pisses me off is they still think there's racism today...that we've made little progress...
We've made so much progress in so many ways, but sadly institutional racism is alive and well today.
Try driving while black. You won't like it.
Or better yet, try open carry while black. Brother is lucky he wasn't murdered.
People are supposed to have equal rights under the law, but in fact it's not even close.

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Pretty horrible conditions for black folks back then, don't see how anyone could defend things like no place at all for blacks to stay overnight in SLC.
If I put the shoe on the other foot, I don't think I could take it. I guess they didn't have a choice but to take it.