• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

The Guantanamo swap, the truth surfaces.

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Bergdahl Snuck Off Post to Join Taliban – At Least Six Americans Were Killed Trying to Find Him

This was posted by a Marine friend.
Also, this was also reportedly posted by CSM Jeff Mellinger (Petraeus’ top man in Iraq).
It was sent to me by a friend in California.

Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl was released by the Taliban yesterday in a prisoner swap.

Bergdahl was the only living POW held by the Taliban. He was captured by the Taliban in 2009 in Afghanistan.

The post is making the rounds today.

Via Stormbringer:

“From a friend who was there:

‘We were at OP Mest, Paktika Province, Afghanistan. It was a small outpost where B Co 1-501st INF (Airbone) ran operations out of, just an Infantry platoon and ANA counterparts there. The place was an Afghan graveyard.

Bergdahl had been acting a little strange, telling people he wanted to “walk the earth” and kept a little journal talking about how he was meant for better things. No one thought anything about it. He was a little “out there”. Next morning he’s gone. We search everywhere, and can’t find him. He left his weapon, his kit, and other sensitive items. He only took some water, a compass and a knife.

We find some Afghan kids shortly after who saw an american walking north asking about where the taliban are. We get hits on our voice intercepter that Taliban has him, and we were close. We come to realize that the kid deserted his post, snuck out of camp and sought out Taliban… to join them.

We were in a defensive position at OP Mest, where your focus is to keep people out. He knew where the blind spots were to slip out and that’s what he did. It was supposed to be a 4-day mission but turned into several months of active searching. Everyone was spun up to find this guy. News outlets all over the country were putting out false information. It was hard to see, especially when we knew the truth about what happened and we lost good men trying to find him.

PFC Matthew Michael Martinek, Staff Sgt. Kurt Robert Curtiss, SSG Clayton Bowen, PFC Morris Walker, SSG Michael Murphrey, 2LT Darryn Andrews, were all KIA from our unit who died looking for Bergdahl. Many others from various units were wounded or killed while actively looking for Bergdahl. Fighting Increased. IEDs and enemy ambushes increased. The Taliban knew that we were looking for him in high numbers and our movements were predictable. Because of Bergdahl, more men were out in danger, and more attacks on friendly camps and positions were conducted while we were out looking for him.

His actions impacted the region more than anyone wants to admit. There is also no way to know what he told the Taliban: Our movements, locations, tactics, weak points on vehicles and other things for the enemy to exploit are just a few possibilities.

The Government knows full well that he deserted. It looks bad and is a good propaganda piece for the Taliban. They refuse to acknowledge it. Hell they even promoted him to Sergeant which makes me sick. I feel for his family who only want their son/brother back. They don’t know the truth, or refuse to acknowledge it as well. What he did affected his family and his whole town back home, who don’t know the truth.

Either way what matters is that good men died because of him. He has been lying on all those Taliban videos about everything since his “capture”. If he ever returns, he should be tried under the UCMJ for being a deserter and judged for what he did.

Bergdahl is not a hero, he is not a soldier or an Infantryman. He failed his brothers. Now, sons and daughters are growing up without their fathers who died for him and he will have to face that truth someday.’”

UPDATE: Here’s more on the US heroes lost looking for Bowe Bergdahl:

ALL KILLED IN ACTION SEARCHING FOR BERGDAHL:

PFC Matthew Michael Martinek,Died September 11, 2009 Serving During Operation Enduring Freedom 20, of DeKalb, Ill.; assigned to the 1st Battalion, 501st Parachute Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team (Airborne), 25th Infantry Division, Fort Richardson, Alaska; died Sept. 11 at Landstuhl Regional Medical Center, Germany, of wounds sustained in Paktika province, Afghanistan, Sept. 4 when enemy forces attacked his vehicle with an improvised-explosive device followed by a rocket-propelled grenade and small arms fire.
Staff Sgt. Kurt Robert Curtiss,Died August 26, 2009 Serving During Operation Enduring Freedom 27, of Murray, Utah; assigned to the 1st Battalion, 501st Parachute Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team (Airborne), 25th Infantry Division, Fort Richardson, Alaska; died Aug. 26 in Sar Howzeh, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when he was shot while his unit was supporting Afghan security forces during an enemy attack.
SSG Clayton Bowen,Died August 18, 2009 Serving During Operation Enduring Freedom 29, of San Antonio; assigned to the 1st Battalion, 501st Parachute Infantry Regiment, 4th Airborne Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division, Fort Richardson, Alaska; died Aug. 18 in Dila, Afghanistan, of wounds sustained when an improvised explosive device detonated near his vehicle. Also killed was Pfc. Morris L. Walker.
PFC Morris Walker,Died August 18, 2009 Serving During Operation Enduring Freedom 23, of Chapel Hill, N.C.; assigned to the 1st Battalion, 501st Parachute Infantry Regiment, 4th Airborne Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division, Fort Richardson, Alaska; died Aug. 18 in Dila, Afghanistan, of wounds sustained when an improvised explosive device detonated near his vehicle. Also killed was Staff Sgt. Clayton P. Bowen.
SSG Michael Murphrey,Died September 6, 2009 Serving During Operation Enduring Freedom 25, of Snyder, Texas; assigned to the 1st Battalion, 501st Parachute Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team (Airborne), 25th Infantry Division, Fort Richardson, Alaska; died Sept. 6 in FOB Sharana, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when enemy forces attacked his unit with an improvised explosive device. were ALL KIA FROM OUR UNIT WHO DIED LOOKING FOR Bergdahl .

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...six-americans-were-killed-trying-to-find-him/

This even more disturbing:like father, like son.His father is a Muslim convert.

Bowe Bergdahl’s Father on Twitter: “I Am Working to Free All Guantanamo Prisoners… ameen”
Posted by Jim Hoft on Sunday, June 1, 2014, 9:02 AM

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...m-working-for-release-of-all-gitmo-prisoners/

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 416
Last edited:

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
interesting rumor

thanks for putting it out. let's see if we can get some evidence to verify

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
That looks like a pretty bad photoshop.

I'd say it's more likely they sheep dipped this guy 5 years ago to be used as a cover story.

Birth Certificate scandal goes red = Capture Osama Bin Laden

V.A. Scandal reaches the Amerikan dinner table conversation = Obama finalizes the negotiated release of only POW while on surprise Afghan visit.

...and even if the story is true??? What perfect timing.

Mujahideen

Owner Operator
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That looks like a pretty bad photoshop.

I'd say it's more likely they sheep dipped this guy 5 years ago to be used as a cover story.

Birth Certificate scandal goes red = Capture Osama Bin Laden

V.A. Scandal reaches the Amerikan dinner table conversation = Obama finalizes the negotiated release of only POW while on surprise Afghan visit.

...and even if the story is true??? What perfect timing.

Short of a presidential election year, I don't think they give a crap about what we think.

Colonel Sushi

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
As far as I know (and of course I may be wrong) the guy just f*cked off and left his post / went AWOL / deserted.

Join the Taliban? I'm not so sure. If the US had Intell on it, they would have let him be and not make a deal?

And the 5 for 1 sounds like a pretty bad deal for the US.

I don't get these military-political bureaucrats, but then again, that is asking for logic and common sense.

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Short of a presidential election year, I don't think they give a crap about what we think.

I agree with you Prime, but as I'm sure you know the senate is in play in the midterms and along with that goes (most likely) at least one supreme court Marxist nominee before the next presidential cycle.
Expect much blinded by the flag, support the troops at all cost propaganda right up till the officially scripted 2016 Afghan victory where then O leaves the white house hands the keys to Hillary (Oprah in the background crying) and rides off into the sunset the greatest president Amerika has ever had.

And the 5 for 1 sounds like a pretty bad deal for the US.

5 goat herders that some US official branded a potential cobra commander. They've been playing soccer at the brand new sports complex your tax dollars built them while getting top of the line chow and medical service. Their probably begging to stay.

MlCHAEL

Banned
Reaction score
No it makes perfect sense...When the Soviet soldiers were captured by US backed Taliban "freedom fighters"...They just killed the POW's by chopping their heads off.

"Tavistock Institute developed the mass brain-washing techniques which were first used experimentally on American prisoners of war in Korea"

"The ideology of American foundations was created by the Tavistock Institute of Human Relations in London. In 1921, the Duke of Bedford, Marquess of Tavistock, the 11th Duke, gave a building to the Institute to study the effect of shellshock on British soldiers who survived World War I. Its purpose was to establish the "breaking point" of men under stress, under the direction of the British Army Bureau of Psychological Warfare, commanded by Sir John Rawlings-Reese.'

It's all about slowly and gradually cranking you all up...to the snapping point...

you all are resisting...but it's building up...and when you all finally crack...it will be pure chaos an anarchy...and that is what the history books will say...there will be no mention of the invisible order of the master minds hiding behind the visible chaos of the slave minds being manipulated without their knowledge.

You all think you are hot on the trail...figuring it out?

The lies believed to be Truth behind the lies you believe are Truth are being exposed...Not Truth.

emotions are just like any other sense...They can and will lie to you...they can take more power than they give from you and they are your master and you their slave or you can take more power than you give from them and they are your slave and you are their master.

they are the strings the master minds pull to manipulate the slave minds with out their knowledge.

It's how the Syria and Egyptian revolutions were ignited...they started as so called peaceful protests...that were then turned into violent revolutions...with the Internet and social media...the social engineers can download programs right into people's minds without their knowledge...and when everything is in position...press the run button...and watch the fun on the 11 O'clock news.

Last edited by a moderator:

gringott

"Internet Influencer"
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
The grunts around him knew, they were forced to sign NDAs but before they did one posted he was a deserter on FB.
I believe his former squad members.
Also interesting is he tried to join the French Foreign Legion first, and was rejected by them.
Then he came home and later joined the US Army.
During wartime wouldn't you think it would have been the US Army first?

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
nyc put this out

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/01/us/bergdahl-deserter-or-hero/

The sense of pride expressed by officials of the Obama administration at the release of Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl is not shared by many of those who served with him -- veterans and soldiers who call him a deserter whose "selfish act" ended up costing the lives of better men.

"I was pissed off then and I am even more so now with everything going on," said former Sgt. Matt Vierkant, a member of Bergdahl's platoon when he went missing on June 30, 2009. "Bowe Bergdahl deserted during a time of war and his fellow Americans lost their lives searching for him."

Vierkant said Bergdahl needs to not only acknowledge his actions publicly but face a military trial for desertion under the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

A reporter asked Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel Sunday whether Bergdahl had left his post without permission or deserted -- and, if so, whether he would be punished. Hagel didn't answer directly. "Our first priority is assuring his well-being and his health and getting him reunited with his family," he said. "Other circumstances that may develop and questions, those will be dealt with later."

Following his release from five years of captivity in Afghanistan on Saturday, Bergdahl was transferred to a military hospital in Germany.

A senior Defense official said Bergdahl's "reintegration process" will include "time for him to tell his story, decompress, and to reconnect with his family through telephone calls and video conferences."

Said Bergdahl's former squad leader, Greg Leatherman: "I'm pleased to see him returned safely. From experience I hope that he receives adequate reintegration counseling. I believe that an investigation should take place as soon as healthcare professionals deem him fit to endure one."

Another senior Defense official said Bergdahl will not likely face any punishment. "Five years is enough," he told CNN on condition of anonymity.

Questions surround the circumstances of Bergdahl's disappearance. Conflicting details have since emerged about how the militants managed to capture Bergdahl. Published accounts have varied widely, from claims he walked off the post to another that he was grabbed from a latrine.

According to first-hand accounts from soldiers in his platoon, Bergdahl, while on guard duty, shed his weapons and walked off the observation post with nothing more than a compass, a knife, water, a digital camera, and a diary.

Lawmaker on Bergdahl: Obama violated law At least six soldiers were killed in subsequent searches for Bergdahl, and many soldiers in his platoon said attacks seemed to increase against the United States in Paktika Province in the days and weeks following his disappearance.

Many of Bergdahl's fellow troops -- from the seven or so who knew him best in his squad, to the larger group that comprised the 1st Battalion, 501st Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division -- told CNN that they signed nondisclosure agreements agreeing to never share any information about Bergdahl's disappearance and the efforts to recapture him. Some were willing to dismiss that document in hopes that the truth would come out about a soldier who they now fear is being hailed as a hero, while the men who lost their lives looking for him are ignored.

Idaho hometown prepares for homecoming

Many are flocking to social media, such as the Facebook page "Bowe Bergdahl is NOT a hero," where they share stories detailing their resentment. A number of comments on his battalion's Facebook page prompted the moderator to ask for more respect to be shown.

"I challenge any one of you who label him a traitor to spend 5 years in captivity with the Taliban or Haqqani, then come back and accuse him again. Whatever his intent when he walked away or was captured, he has more than paid for it."

Emails reported by the late Michael Hastings in Rolling Stone in 2012 reveal what Bergdahl's fellow infantrymen learned within days of his disappearance: he told people that he no longer supported the U.S. effort in Afghanistan.

"The future is too good to waste on lies," Bowe wrote to his parents. "And life is way too short to care for the damnation of others, as well as to spend it helping fools with their ideas that are wrong. I have seen their ideas and I am ashamed to even be American. The horror of the self-righteous arrogance that they thrive in. It is all revolting."

Bergdahl wrote to them, "I am sorry for everything. The horror that is America is disgusting."

CNN has not independently verified the authenticity of the emails.

A former member of Bergdahl's squad who has yet to identify his last name publicly but goes by "Cody" tweeted this weekend that before he disappeared, Bergdahl once told him, "If deployment is lame, I'm going to get lost in the Mountains and make my way to China."

Leatherman told CNN that Bergdahl "always looked at the mountains in the distance and talked of 'seeing what's on the other side.'"

Cody noted in his Twitter recollections a story that others from Blackfoot Company relay. While soldiers were searching for Bergdahl, a platoon "came upon some children, they asked him have they seen an American. The children said 'yes, he was crawling on his belly through weeds and acting funny a while ago,'" according to Cody.

Exchanged prisoners' Taliban ties

Who did U.S. swap Bergdahl for?

Friend: Bergdahl was never out of mind The platoon went to the village where the children said the American had gone. "Villagers said an American did come through the area and was wanting water and someone who spoke English," Cody shared.

Former Pfc. Jose Baggett, 27, of Chicago, was also in Blackfoot Company, and said he was close to two men "killed because of his (Bergdahl's) actions."

"He walked off," Baggett told CNN. "He left his guard post. Nobody knows if he defected or he's a traitor or he was kidnapped. What I do know is he was there to protect us and instead he decided to defer from America and go and do his own thing. I don't know why he decided to do that, but we spend so much of our resources and some of those resources were soldiers' lives."

On August 18, 2009, Staff Sgt. Clayton Bowen and Pfc. Morris Walker were killed by an IED in the search for Bergdahl. Staff Sgt. Kurt Curtiss was killed on August 26; 2nd Lt. Darryn Andrews and Pfc. Matthew Michael Martinek were killed after being attacked in Yahya Khail District on September 4; Staff Sgt. Michael Murphrey was killed September 5 by an IED at the Forward Operating Base, Sharana.

Moreover, other operations were put on hold while the search for Bergdahl was made a top priority, according to officers who served in Afghanistan in that time. Manpower and assets -- such as scarce surveillance drones and helicopters -- were redirected to the hunt. The lack of assets is one reason the closure of a dangerous combat outpost, COP Keating, was delayed. Eight soldiers were killed at COP Keating before it was ultimately closed.

One soldier with the 509th Regiment, a sister unit of the 501st, told CNN that after Bergdahl disappeared, the U.S. Army essentially was told to lock down the entire province of Paktika. He described sitting in the middle of a field with his platoon, vulnerable, with capabilities and personnel mismanaged throughout the region. Different platoons ran out of water, food, and ammunition.

Two mortarmen -- Pvt. Aaron Fairbairn and Pfc. Justin Casillas -- were killed in a July 4, 2009, attack.

"It was unbelievable," the soldier said. "All because of the selfish act of one person. The amount of animosity (toward him) is nothing like you've ever seen before."

That Bergdahl was freed in an exchange for five detainees at Guantanamo Bay is a further source of consternation.

"I don't understand why we're trading prisoners at Gitmo for somebody who deserted during a time of war, which is an act of treason," Vierkant said.

samwiii

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
Just when you thought Obama couldn't show any more disdain for America, he proves us all wrong. I believe his fellow soldiers. If THEY don't back Bergdahl, how can I? You may think "how can the President?", but I think we all know better than that. He doesn't even pretend to care about our laws, our values, our morality any more.

<SLV>

Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Do you suppose that the US Government feels that Bergdahl has a significant amount of intel they can gain in de-briefing (or water-boarding)?

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
OUTRAGE: Bowe Bergdahl’s Dad Praises allah, Makes Islamic Declaration, Calls For Release of All Gitmo Terrorists; Did Bergdahl Convert to Islam?

By Debbie Schlussel

All Americans who care about freedom should be disgusted when the father of a freed American soldier uses an Islamic greeting, referring to allah, and on the grounds of the White House, no less. And they should also be disgusted when that father calls for the release of all terrorists. That’s what Bowe Bergdahl’s father, Bob, did at yesterday’s Obama White House press conference announcing the release of his son. And it’s what he said in a since-deleted tweet (I’m sure the Obamaniks told him to take it down). Saying his freed son could not speak English, Bob Bergdahl said from the White House, “bismillah al-rahman al-rahim,” Arabic for, “in the name of allah the most gracious, the most merciful.” (This is not Pashtu, as FOX News dolt-ette Jennifer Griffin inaccurately and erroneously reported. It’s Arabic. And it’s ISLAMIC.) See the video, below:....

http://www.debbieschlussel.com/7203...tmo-terrorists-did-bergdahl-convert-to-islam/

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Looks like you got the facts numbers. I'll have to rethink my position (not having television I'm one step behind). There is a reason why this guy is released now after 5 years and it sure doesn't have anything to do with his health.

Gomez

Banned
Reaction score
Barry can't close Gitmo, so he'll give the terrorists back. Easy pezy. It's a win-win for barry.

Gomez

Banned
Reaction score
John Bolton: Bergdahl Deal 'Fire Bell in the Night'

Monday, 02 Jun 2014 11:38 AM

Swapping Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl for five terrorists is a signal to the Taliban and al-Qaida that President Barack Obama is determined to pull out of Afghanistan, no matter what the cost, and should be a "fire bell in the night" for Americans, says former United Nations Ambassador John Bolton.

"The friends and family of Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl are understandably happy and relieved that he is free from Taliban captivity after five years," writes Bolton in a column for Monday's edition of the New York Post. "But we, as citizens, must nonetheless ask whether President Obama’s deal to obtain Bergdahl’s release — involving the exchange of five high-ranking, hard-core terrorists imprisoned at Guantánamo Bay — was, in fact, in the U.S. national interest."

The agreement, said Bolton, was a "substantial setback" in the war on terrorism and for countries worried about "declining American power and resolve."

"Clear-eyed presidents must put America first in national security matters," he said. "All of us as individuals are safer when our country and leaders are strong, and all of us as individuals are more at risk when they are weak. And today we are in ever-increasing danger because of weakness in the White House."

Just days before Bergdahl's release, Obama said in his speech to West Point graduates that no matter what, U.S. forces will be out of Afghanistan by 2016, Bolton wrote.

"If the terrorists still had even the slightest doubt that they needed only a minimal amount of patience to regain control in Kabul, Obama has done everything in his power to eliminate that," Bolton wrote. "He is surrendering in Afghanistan."

Bolton also wrote it is "despicable" for a president to equate a service member with terrorist criminals.

"This is the worst form of moral equivalence, the inexcusable mistake of equating two radically different kinds of people or policies," Bolton said. During the Cold War, he said, the United States was right to exchange spies for spies with the Soviet Union but did not exchange soldiers for criminals.

In addition, Bolton wrote, Obama was "way off the mark" by trying to "disguise his error" by saying the exchange was consistent with the military's tradition of leaving no service members behind — a claim most of the military would reject.

Bolton wrote it has been the United States' policy for years to refuse to negotiate with terrorists, especially for exchanging hostages, as doing so puts a price on Americans' heads.

"The Reagan administration was wrong in Iran-Contra to deal for hostages, and it almost cost [Ronald] Reagan his presidency," Bolton wrote. "It is equally wrong today."

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/Bolton-Bergdahl-Obama-Afghanistan/2014/06/02/id/574608/

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
bolton is a warmongeringisraelfirsterpieceofshhit

ignore every word out of his mouth and be a better (and smarter) person

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Bolton and MSM still not reporting his " desertion", and other embarrassing facts ( his father a Muslim convert, ranting on Facebook he will empty Guantanamo for wrongs done by the US in Afghanistan). Reminds me of the Libyan fiasco and cover ups. There is no reason what so ever for not reporting the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, preferential treatment to deserters, Muslims and homosexuals is wrong.

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
bolton is a warmongeringisraelfirsterpieceofshhit

ignore every word out of his mouth and be a better (and smarter) person

Why ignore the truth? Many different people speak truth. Fact is, releasing 5 top level Islamists for a deserter is wrong. When America was great, we would have locked him up for desertion, Patton would have had him shot. Sorry, sorry state we have entered.

"The agreement, said Bolton, was a "substantial setback" in the war on terrorism and for countries worried about "declining American power and resolve."

GOLD DUCK

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
QWAK,Back in the day we were trained to give name rank and serial number ONLY even if tortured and some of us actualy were tortured as part of our training.:yes::ahhhhh:

Colaberators got punished when/if they got home.:thumbs_down:

If you can't totally trust the soldier on either side of you in combat they you got no army :452: what you got is a bunch of people with guns and uniforms.:thumbs_down::thumb.aspx::cry_smile:

BTW:Back in 71 in Nam it was not uncommon for a GI to go AWOL and go live in the vill and even make $$$$ on the black market --- I knew a guy who did it.

the DUCK :15_1_70v:

Oldmansmith

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
There is no reason what so ever for not reporting the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, preferential treatment to deserters, Muslims and homosexuals is wrong.

There are plenty of reasons for not reporting the truth, the MSM has been doing it for years. Are you really surprised?

Oldmansmith

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Barry can't close Gitmo, so he'll give the terrorists back. Easy pezy. It's a win-win for barry.

He's still holding a bunch of innocent people that the goobermint freely admits are not terrorists, while letting go 5 that may actually be terrorists. You can't make this **** up.

EO 11110

CENSORSHIP KILLS
Mother Lode
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
Why ignore the truth? Many different people speak truth. Fact is, releasing 5 top level Islamists for a deserter is wrong. When America was great, we would have locked him up for desertion, Patton would have had him shot. Sorry, sorry state we have entered.

"The agreement, said Bolton, was a "substantial setback" in the war on terrorism and for countries worried about "declining American power and resolve."

warwhore with zero cred to anyone with half a brain

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
More:

http://floppingaces.net/2014/06/02/...value-taliban-for-an-america-hating-deserter/

And they are promoting him.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...ote-deserter-bowe-bergdahl-to-staff-sergeant/
...So it only makes sense that Obama would promote him…
The Obama administration is planning on promoting deserter Bowe Berdahl to staff sergeant this month.
Bergdahl was a private when he deserted his platoon.
Breitbart reported:

Although he was a private when he was first captured by the Taliban, Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl was promoted twice in captivity and is scheduled for another promotion to staff sergeant.

CNN’s Barbara Starr reports that a defense official confirmed that Bergdahl is scheduled for a promotion to the rank of staff sergeant later in June of this year.......

Ebie

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
It is sort of being reported in the "MSM"
Does he still get all that back pay?

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Of course, and at E-6 grade, probably about 6K a month, about $350,000.......and most likely all tax free as he has remained out of the States. Who says the Army does not pay well? Hell, the first time in history a deserter received the POW medal.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 296

GOLD DUCK

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
The inscription on the back is interesting.

QWAK,917601,They gave Obama the peace prize so this must be part of the same cartoon!:idea::thumbs_up::cheerful::banana::ban-cha:

the DUCK :s9:

.41Dave

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
More:

http://floppingaces.net/2014/06/02/...value-taliban-for-an-america-hating-deserter/

And they are promoting him.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...ote-deserter-bowe-bergdahl-to-staff-sergeant/
...So it only makes sense that Obama would promote him…
The Obama administration is planning on promoting deserter Bowe Berdahl to staff sergeant this month.
Bergdahl was a private when he deserted his platoon.
Breitbart reported:

Although he was a private when he was first captured by the Taliban, Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl was promoted twice in captivity and is scheduled for another promotion to staff sergeant.

CNN’s Barbara Starr reports that a defense official confirmed that Bergdahl is scheduled for a promotion to the rank of staff sergeant later in June of this year.......

Until the guy is convicted in a military court of desertion or treason or whatever, his status is that of a prisoner of war. It is SOP that prisoners of war receive regular promotions in rank during their captivity. I detest Obama and his administration, but if you're trying to score points because he's been promoted, you're being disingenuous.

All the promotions, backpay etc. will be gone once he's convicted.

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
No need to " scoring points" here.......want to bet no investigation will ever be conducted? Rice issued her statement already, remember her and the Benghazi fiasco? The US Army investigation from 2010 already stated he walked away.see video, http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/06/02/Another-Sunday-Show-Fib-From-Susan-Rice

"Rice appeared on ABC's This Week to defend Obama's release of The Taliban Dream Team from Guantanamo Bay in exchange for Army Sergeant Bowe Bergdahl, who had been a Taliban prisoner in Pakistan for five years. Other than setting the terrible precedent of negotiating with terrorists, the exchange has become controversial over claims that Bergdahl was a deserter who simply walked away from his post. Rice, however, said on ABC that Bergdahl had been "taken in battle."
Bergdahl had apparently become disillusion with the United States, the military, and the mission in Afghanistan. There are reports that just prior to disappearing, Bergdahl mailed a lot of his stuff home, including his computer. Then, a number of his platoon mates claim, he just walked away from his post.
At first, the Army classified Bergdahl as DUSTWUN, or duty status: whereabouts unknown.
Despite all of this, Rice attempted to make the prisoner swap look like an administration triumph and obviously wanted to make it sound to George Stephanopoulos and to the American people as though Obama had just secured the release of an American hero:
Sergeant Bergdahl wasn't simply a hostage. He was an American prisoner of war captured on the battlefield. We have a sacred obligation we have upheld since the found of our Republic to do our utmost to bring back our men and women who are taken in battle.
Having watched this story unfold over the last 24 hours, the similarities to Benghazi are striking. You have (with notable exceptions like CNN's Jake Tapper) a media that wants to protect Obama from any criticism or fallout over the Bergdahl release; thankfully, thanks to alternative media, you have the truth getting out despite the media's best efforts; and you have Susan Rice on a Sunday news show launching what looks like another phony narrative.

Last edited:

searcher

Mother Lode Found
Sr Site Supporter
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Ebie

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
There must be something more to this story.
Maybe the release of the Taliban leaders is part of a deal to help us withdraw smoothly from Afghanistan.

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
There must be something more to this story.
Maybe the release of the Taliban leaders is part of a deal to help us withdraw smoothly from Afghanistan.

True, maybe,....maybe not. Fact is, Congress was not notified of these releases until the dirty deed was done. That is required by law.

GOLD DUCK

Mother Lode Found
Mother Lode
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
QWAK,No mater how much BSASSO you use --- you can NEVER make S**T shine! :452::thumbs_down:

It is a FACT:yes: but for unknown reasons the GOVERNMRNT people keep trying to SHINE up S**T so it looks good even sparkels!:hahaha::toilet:

It must be why they get payed the big bucks:yes: --- SHINING up S**T is a really hard job!:wub:

the DUCK :15_1_70v:

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
We can only hope.

"Taliban prisoner swap was ILLEGAL claims GOP as former federal prosecutor says it could lead to Obama's impeachment
The president ignored a law – which he signed last year – requiring him to notify Congress 30 days before releasing anyone from Guantanamo Bay
The Obama administration never told Capitol Hill until after Bergdahl was in American custody and the US Taliban prisoners were preparing to leave
A former federal prosecutor told MailOnline that while the 30-day-notice law is probably unconstitutional, putting enemy combatants back in a position to harm Americans is an impeachable offense
His book, due out tomorrow, explores the case for Obama's impeachment and argues that it will never happen without a public consensus – that kind that might be built after the Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl case
A White House insider tells MailOnline that the West Wing didn't anticipate how controversial Bergdahl's recovery would be, comparing it to the 1981 release of 52 US hostages in Iran
Reports have swirled since his release on Saturday that Bergdahl was an Army deserter who aimed to join with the Taliban in Afghanistan"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rosecutor-claims-lead-Obamas-IMPEACHMENT.html

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
For the doubting Thomas's, need more " proof"?

Father Of Soldier Who Obama Released, Declares Muslim Victory Call, And Obama Smiles As Soon As He Hears The War Cry Of Allah

by Ted on June 2, 2014 in Featured, General
By Walid Shoebat And Theodore Shoebat (A Shoebat Exclusive)
JUST WAIT TILL YOU READ ALL THE EVIDENCE WE ACCUMULATED ON THIS SUPPOSED RESCUE OPERATION.

FIRST THINGS FIRST
While the Obama administration is proudly touting how it was able to free an American soldier who was captured by the Taliban, what no one picked is the fact that Obama SMILED as soon as he heard the most famous war cry of Islam, “bismillah al-rahman al-rahim,” Arabic for “in the name of Allah the most gracious, the most merciful.”

Watch Obama smile as soon as Bergdahl gives the most famous Muslim expression, the “Bismillah” or the “Basmallah”:

The “basmallah” is the Islamic expression for victory and only indicates that Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl’s father is a Muslim.

Think that the man is acting as “Muslim” for a stealth operation to rescue his son who is already in good hands in Germany? And what is with the long beard and trimmed mustache?

No this is not a bum, biker, or a Santa Clause fan. When one gives the basmallah, trims his mustache and elongates his beard, its the first sign of a convert to Islam, just as that an ex-Muslim putting on a cross and saying, “In the name of the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit,” is evidence enough of conversion to Christianity. But there is much more we obtained on this stealth jihadist.

But first, Obama’s smile says much. Obama has never declared the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, and has no real testimony of converting to Christianity, as his pastor Jeremiah Wright stated:

I made it easy for him to come to an understanding of who Jesus Christ is and not feel that he was turning his back on his Islamic friends and his Islamic traditions and his understanding of Islam

EVIDENCE THAT BERGDAHL CONVERTED TO JIHADI ISLAM
We were first hit with news from Brietbart that the Taliban said that Robert Bowe Bergdahl’s son, Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl, converted to Islam, changed his name to Abdullah, and even trained the Taliban in bomb making techniques.

And like father like son, the young Bergdahl, also trims his mustache and extends his beard, as these pictures show:

But is it the speech with the Basmallah, the beard and the trimmed mustache, the testimonies from his colleagues on his desertion, that confirm our suspicion that these men are Jihadi converts?

Hardly.

What no one in the media captured was Robert Bowe Bergdahl’s favorites on his Youtube account.

It reveals a dark mind, a collector of a litany of ‘terrorist favorites’, videos from training on how to become Muslim Jihadist to urging American troops to desert and even favorite speeches by confirmed terrorists like Shaykh Anwar al-Awlaki, condemning America as a terrorist state:....

http://shoebat.com/2014/06/02/fathe...y-call-obama-smiles-soon-hears-war-cry-allah/

GOLDBRIX

God,Donald Trump,most in GIM2 I Trust. OTHERS-meh
Midas Member
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
A Traitor back for Terrorist King Pins ? Traitor gets honored at the Whitehouse by a subversive Muslim ( Taqiyya). While good American men died trying to save this PoS ( not silver).

Muslim President VIOLATES his own law HE SIGNED about a year ago - No Dealing with Terrorists . Even Muslim Pakistani leadership is upset with the "trade".

BO has made EVERY AMERICAN OVERSEAS TRAVELER a potential Kidnap Victim as Trade Bait.

FYI - TAQIYYA is defined at the 5:55 mark if you do not have time to watch the entire 9:00min.

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
Bergdahl was worse than a simple deserter, he was a traitor, as is his father. Read Shoebats entire article, Shoebat is rarely wrong.

"He also subscribes to one Sheikh Raed
to learn Islamic prayers in Arabic.

BERGDAHL’S COOPERATION WITH THE ENEMY
Bob. Sgt. Bergdahl’s father was also in direct communications with one of the top three Taliban spokespersons named Abdulqader Balkhi. Was he planning to smoke a Hukkah? Drink Afghan tea?

No

He had messaged this top Taliban spokesperson a message for future victories:

I am still working to free all Guantanamo prisoners. God will repay for the death of every afghan child, amen!

Also, if you look up Robert Bowe Bergdahl on Intelius, it says that he worked for the Taliban:

Abdulqahar Balkhi is one of three main spokespersons for the Afghan Islamic Emirate an Islamic terrorist organization, the same terrorist organization who the five terrorist that Obama released were a part of. This makes the entire story very suspicious. Obama trades five Muslims who are part of a terrorist group, for a man whose father is associated with the same terrorist group.

Balkhi is also a spokesperson for the Taliban.

Balkhi was the main spokesperson for Taliban when the U.S. Embassey was attacked in Kabul."

latemetal

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
Now that Obama has us distracted with our collective panties in a twist, what is the sneaky b#stard going to pull off...:s9: Place your bets.:s9:

Mr Paradise

Midas Member
Midas Member
Reaction score
In today's army when your very likely to have a sodomite company commander, a lesbian first sergeant, a 85 IQ ex-athlete platoon leader and a Guatemalan squad leader that can't speak English I just might dessert too.

Anyhoo, obviously this is the latest Psyop and were not privy to the back room details. For all we know these 5 Cobra Commanders that are being released into the wild just might be sheep dipped Amerikan CIA assets that have just spent the last decade polymorphing into a Taliban warlord at Gitmo.