• Same story, different day...........year ie more of the same fiat floods the world
  • There are no markets
  • "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

The Leaning Tower of San Francisco

TAEZZAR

LADY JUSTICE ISNT BLIND, SHES JUST AFRAID TO WATCH
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
The whole point of getting permits and submitting plans is (presumably) to make sure that everything is done correctly. If the plans were submitted and approved, what exactly is the City checking for in such a process?
I can directly answer that question for you !
The entire permit process is to get your project, however small or large, onto the tax rolls, all else is smoke & mirrors.
The county building inspectors can fuck you over & make your life miserable AND if, or when, the err in their duties, THE ARE NOT HELD RESPONSIBLE, nether is the county !!
The entire process is about taxation !!!! No more, no less !

I was caught by arial photos, of my project, built without a permit. The county gestapos came out to see me & after a fast perusal of my building, they scolded me & said that the value would appear on my tax bill, it did. They NEVER inspected the building, nor asked for the plans !!!

It is bullshit of the highest order !

hammerhead

Not just a screen name
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
A political thread? Ok. The Russians designed it, the design was paid for by the Clintons. Trump, well he didn't do anything. MAGA

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
I travel a lot. America is my land and the land of my fathers. If the gov't tramples on your God given rights, it's your duty and obligation to change that gov't.
The wife & I also travel a lot, within our borders of the 48 contiguous states. We love it, there is so much to see & enjoy.
I also agree that it is our duty to monitor & control the government. The dumbing down of our children for the last 3 generations , by the DOE, has all but ruined any chance of getting our nation back to a Republic.
We had a small choice given to us, for a vote on who would represent us, the best choice won. Live with it, embrace it, it is what it is.

glockngold

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Wednesday, Feb. 7, 2018, in Hualien, southern Taiwan.
At least San Fransisco is nowhere near a fault line.

Last edited:

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Your
I can directly answer that question for you !
The entire permit process is to get your project, however small or large, onto the tax rolls, all else is smoke & mirrors.
The county building inspectors can fuck you over & make your life miserable AND if, or when, the err in their duties, THE ARE NOT HELD RESPONSIBLE, nether is the county !!
The entire process is about taxation !!!! No more, no less !

I was caught by arial photos, of my project, built without a permit. The county gestapos came out to see me & after a fast perusal of my building, they scolded me & said that the value would appear on my tax bill, it did. They NEVER inspected the building, nor asked for the plans !!!

It is bullshit of the highest order !
Indeed BS of the highest order. You need to outsmart them by keeping your project defined as personal property meaning it can be moved. That gets tricky but can be done after reading your building codes and getting slightly crafty with your engine nerding. (My "shed" is actually a large free standing tool BOX) My county ain't taxing me on my tool boxes I'll tell you that.

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Your

Indeed BS of the highest order. You need to outsmart them by keeping your project defined as personal property meaning it can be moved. That gets tricky but can be done after reading your building codes and getting slightly crafty with your engine nerding. (My "shed" is actually a large free standing tool BOX) My county ain't taxing me on my tool boxes I'll tell you that.
In my county, if it is on wheels, no property tax. You can live in your million dollar motorhome and only pay the taxable value of the land - and a lot of people do it, from travel trailers on up.

FunnyMoney

Silver Member
Silver Miner
In my county, if it is on wheels, no property tax. You can live in your million dollar motorhome and only pay the taxable value of the land - and a lot of people do it, from travel trailers on up.
Hundreds of thousands of people who used to own and live in homes, who can no longer afford to do so, now live in their cars, not because they want to but because they can not afford to do anything else, not even rent.

Is this what we want for the future of our country?
Is a recession, ongoing since 2004, with no signs of getting much better, what we want for the future?

All the while, we spend more money, LOTS of money, on the war on drugs, and while we spend more money, TONS of money to protect foreign dictators in far away places.

the_shootist

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
What country are you from? I may want to apply for citizenship and retire there! My property taxes are over $8000 a year now. That's a huge payout for someone on a retirement income. In the US you can never really own real estate. The property taxes will eventually move many people to sell their properties because they can't afford the taxes. The elite will buy them up and rent them out to whatever people are left who still can afford the shekels!

Last edited:

Bottom Feeder

Hypophthalmichthys molitrix
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
You can live in your million dollar motorhome and only pay the taxable value of the land
Yeah, it sorta works like that in the proletariat of Washington also. The difference here being that the million dollar moterhome has a licence tag that costs you (probably) four or five thousand bucks.

BF

Silver

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Yeah, it sorta works like that in the proletariat of Washington also. The difference here being that the million dollar moterhome has a licence tag that costs you (probably) four or five thousand bucks.

BF
In Texas, you have sales tax on the purchase and the yearly tag cost based on weight. Lots of people create a Montana LLC and purchase RV's with no sales tax - and domicile in SD with low cost tags.

https://www.49dollarmontanaregisteredagent.com/montana/rv-llc

TAEZZAR

Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Your

How do I put Mom's home on wheels ??
10 MAR 2006  SNOW 017.jpg
IMG_2552.JPG

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Fark dude, bolt a couple wheels to the siding and screw a faux fender on. Take a picture and go down to the DMV and register it as a Trailer.

michael59

heads up-butts down
Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
IF it is attached to the ground it is an improvement on the estate which really means the king is going to want some monies because you improved his land. I am not sure where I am going with this last statement but I know it ain't good for me.....so mum's the word. :computer:

newmisty

Duppy Conqueror
Midas Member
Site Supporter
IF it is attached to the ground it is an improvement on the estate which really means the king is going to want some monies because you improved his land. I am not sure where I am going with this last statement but I know it ain't good for me.....so mum's the word. :computer:
Put the estate in a Private Trust.

gringott

Killed then Resurrected
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I travel a lot. America is my land and the land of my fathers. If the gov't tramples on your God given rights, it's your duty and obligation to change that gov't.

There's been only one politician in DC who has done what he said he would do. In the last 30 years we have had traitors in DC, with only one exception.

The last leader of the free world said the troops would "come home on day one" and the current leader of the free world claimed he would "make America great again." 8 years later (beyond day 1) the troops were still in harm's way and continue to be there today, one year later after Trump's message America is in worse shape. These politicians can talk the talk but they can't walk the walk. RP, during his LONG career as a politician continuously tried to move the nation toward his agenda but the other 435 politicians and each new POTUS stopped him.
Love RP to death but in the end he actually accomplished nothing, but education of those with open ears. His son has accomplished much more in a shorter time, but is considered "a sell out".

Your

I bought a wooden shed prebuilt, complete, on skids. Delivered and placed on my property. Neighbor turned me in, I had to pay for a building permit. I said, why? I didn't build anything. So I filled out the paperwork stating that I wasn't building anything, for plans I attached the sales brochure. They didn't give a flying f$%k, the attached check is what they were looking for.

Every time that neighbor made a move, I reported it. Until she died. Car hasn't moved in a while, law requires a car cover. Etc.
Neighbors. Everybody wants to have control over the other guy's property and what he or she does. WTF?

michael59

heads up-butts down
Platinum Bling
Sr Site Supporter
I bought a wooden shed prebuilt, complete, on skids. Delivered and placed on my property. Neighbor turned me in, I had to pay for a building permit. I said, why? I didn't build anything. So I filled out the paperwork stating that I wasn't building anything, for plans I attached the sales brochure. They didn't give a flying f$%k, the attached check is what they were looking for.
Here, here, I hear ya there. I have a friend who is fighting city 'hall ur ass over here and give us money.' But, these boobs sent official letters detailing all these code violations were due to a fire that happened over two years ago. So, me a leaping no-no nothing who had just gone through an errant Judge who was practicing a bit of "Peace and Dignity" on me remembered that according to statute law that violations had a run time of 6 months. So this means the STATE Fire Marshall trespassed along with the City Fire Chief and that pesky Code Enforcer(who by the way was the High School Pump, not that there is anything wrong with being a Pump.) So they had the first salvo and we fired a shot (certified of course,) we fired a shot of "Thank you for admitting to a Trespass and Trespassing."