• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

The Lunatic Fringe - Trading talk.

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
It's a short seller's chart set up.
Ok, well that would explain why it screws me up. Why not use a regular chart and take either side. Seems very limited to only buy stocks or conversely only want to short stocks.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
It's taken a beating and there's blood in the streets.

Could it go lower? Sure, but better now than 2 months ago...

Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 4.27.12 PM.png

Zed

Rolling Silver Dice!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

Zed

Rolling Silver Dice!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Ok, well that would explain why it screws me up. Why not use a regular chart and take either side. Seems very limited to only buy stocks or conversely only want to short stocks.
You set up for your favourite trade. IIWII

Zed

Rolling Silver Dice!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I hate to say this, but Jim Sinclair was right....
Well kinda, this cannot persist. People can and will go for delivery if it pays.

Zed

Rolling Silver Dice!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

Zed

Rolling Silver Dice!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
This is where these assholes lose me, they just hit all the buzy words to get goldbugs wound up. This is bullshit, why on earth would they short it? You'd get long a baskets worth and swap it out for metal! They need to OWN GLD shares to cash it in for metal. If they short it they would have to buy back GLD to cover. They might short futures, then get long GLD @ a lower price and take the gold if required to deliver into the futures contract. Sounds messy if the mechanism isn't their to support the transaction (?!?) but in theory it's doable.

Zed

Rolling Silver Dice!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

Zed

Rolling Silver Dice!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
The Gold tribe are +5-7% up on the open down here.

Zed

Rolling Silver Dice!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

Zed

Rolling Silver Dice!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I was thinking the same thing. I don't think they are going to get through the day without some sort of rule changing madness.
There is a possibility here... this isn't looking good for that fat short position. However if the Comex force cash settlement of all contracts they completely lose cred with the real part of the industry and a good chunk of the speculators. Would greatly reduce the Comex as a force IMO.

Zed

Rolling Silver Dice!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

Zed

Rolling Silver Dice!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Today's OI numbers, if they arrive, could be telling.

Zed

Rolling Silver Dice!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I dunno, looks like market sentiment is going to kick the Comex in the teeth. Not sure they have guns big enough to fight back.
Desperate for some LBMA loving... but do they have enough?

Zed

Rolling Silver Dice!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++

Zed

Rolling Silver Dice!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
So who do you think has been jettisoned from the COMEX over non-delivery? If it was one of the big players that would be epic and tectonic!
I doubt its a big one, I think the the likes of JPM are smart enough to slip the noose around the neck of one of the other 7 players in the top 8. They turn on each other when it gets serious...

Watching with interest.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

Zed

Rolling Silver Dice!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
I doubt its a big one, I think the the likes of JPM are smart enough to slip the noose around the neck of one of the other 7 players in the top 8. They turn on each other when it gets serious...

Watching with interest.
I agree. The CME offered up Ronin Capital, one of their smaller direct clearing firms a few days ago. I am sure there are bigger boys who are the walking dead but are being propped up because they will take the whole game down.

Soon, they are going to run out of sacrificial lambs.

Real soon.

Zed

Rolling Silver Dice!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
"If you don't hold it, you don't own it." Ponce
I'd not crow too loud, if society shuts the gold holders down "for the greater good" even physical could be of no real value to you. Once enough of the system is damaged there becomes little point in being a 'winner'. This could be a no win situation, be careful out there.

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
I'd not crow too loud, if society shuts the gold holders down "for the greater good" even physical could be of no real value to you. Once enough of the system is damaged there becomes little point in being a 'winner'. This could be a no win situation, be careful out there.

Underground gold.

We just become the gold mafia... once we get our scuba equipment in order and the water warms up a bit. Time to visit our old boats.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Wiki

Force majeure (/ˌfɔːrs mɑːˈʒɜːr, -məˈʒɜːr/ FORSS mah-ZHUR, -⁠mə-ZHUR; French: [fɔʁs maʒœʁ]) – or vis major (Latin) – meaning "superior force", also known as cas fortuit (French) or casus fortuitus (Latin) "chance occurrence, unavoidable accident",[1] is a common clause in contracts that essentially frees both parties from liability or obligation when an extraordinary event or circumstance beyond the control of the parties, such as a war, strike, riot, crime, plague, or an event described by the legal term act of God (hurricane, flood, earthquake, volcanic eruption, etc.), prevents one or both parties from fulfilling their obligations under the contract. In practice, most force majeure clauses do not excuse a party's non-performance entirely, but only suspend it for the duration of the force majeure.[2][3]

Zed

Rolling Silver Dice!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Wiki

Force majeure (/ˌfɔːrs mɑːˈʒɜːr, -məˈʒɜːr/ FORSS mah-ZHUR, -⁠mə-ZHUR; French: [fɔʁs maʒœʁ]) – or vis major (Latin) – meaning "superior force", also known as cas fortuit (French) or casus fortuitus (Latin) "chance occurrence, unavoidable accident",[1] is a common clause in contracts that essentially frees both parties from liability or obligation when an extraordinary event or circumstance beyond the control of the parties, such as a war, strike, riot, crime, plague, or an event described by the legal term act of God (hurricane, flood, earthquake, volcanic eruption, etc.), prevents one or both parties from fulfilling their obligations under the contract. In practice, most force majeure clauses do not excuse a party's non-performance entirely, but only suspend it for the duration of the force majeure.[2][3]
Yes, most contracts have this allowance. It will be "blame the virus" even if it wasn't the real problem.

Zed

Rolling Silver Dice!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Just got a surprise capital raising from Cochlear Limited (ASX:COH) A medical outfit with a growing market! You have to be near fucked to raise capital in this environment and they are a big co. for us.

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Just got a surprise capital raising from Cochlear Limited (ASX:COH) A medical outfit with a growing market! You have to be near fucked to raise capital in this environment and they are a big co. for us.
Hearing aids? Are they deaf? Didn't they hear about the virus intent on making the world a Mad Max movie or at least a scene from 28 Days Later?

Zed

Rolling Silver Dice!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Hearing aids? Are they deaf? Didn't they hear about the virus intent on making the world a Mad Max movie or at least a scene from 28 Days Later?
Slightly more than that... The Cochlear Implant is unique and ground breaking, not just an aid, a surgical implant.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I read on Kitco they are going to accept the 400 oz LBMA bars to settle. I guess they normally takes those 400's and melt them into 100 and ship them off to NY.

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I just looked at this, WTH, I mean I know I've argued against these 3x ETF's but this is crazy. I did not realize this hit 100 like a week ago. The underlying stocks are not down nearly that much or even close to 3x less. Anyone owning this has been absolutely robbed. This lost 95.3% of its "value" in a month.

View attachment 158815
I have tried to explain to folks around here the danger of the 3x ETFs...(any levered ETF actually)...hopefully no one on this site has been damaged by that...

Hopefully...

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
I have tried to explain to folks around here the danger of the 3x ETFs...(any levered ETF actually)...hopefully no one on this site has been damaged by that...

Hopefully...
My 100 shares of CEF and 100 shares of TRX make me feel like I am living on the edge. :p

Slightly more than that... The Cochlear Implant is unique and ground breaking, not just an aid, a surgical implant.
you may not know it my wife and I are profound deaf and would have had Cochlear implants. The problem is that they are useless to us if there exist nerve damage in the ear that actually interpret the sounds into words. I just use hearing aids. I have heard of children giving up on Cochlear implants that didn't work for them. It's not for everyone and some doctors are illegally forcing them on babies and young children without logical reasoning. Some very young children were left paralyzed or have other health issues. Glad u brought that up. I would recommend cochlear implants for the right circumstances.

Zed

Rolling Silver Dice!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I read on Kitco they are going to accept the 400 oz LBMA bars to settle. I guess they normally takes those 400's and melt them into 100 and ship them off to NY.
Yes... how many are there to have. 64Q Is this just to calm the market OR is it a real solution. I think that it is a token gesture.

Weatherman

In GIM since 2006
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
you may not know it my wife and I are profound deaf and would have had Cochlear implants. The problem is that they are useless to us if there exist nerve damage in the ear that actually interpret the sounds into words. I just use hearing aids. I have heard of children giving up on Cochlear implants that didn't work for them. It's not for everyone and some doctors are illegally forcing them on babies and young children without logical reasoning. Some very young children were left paralyzed or have other health issues. Glad u brought that up. I would recommend cochlear implants for the right circumstances.
Sorry for the OT, but I want to add this note. My hearing is so bad that hearing aids offer little help. I discovered that some bone conduction (external headsets) work great for me. Try the ones with an intensifier band to help apply pressure to hold the transducers close to both sides of your face.

Zed

Rolling Silver Dice!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I understand.

The point is that they are a solid entity with no real competition in a market that is not that price sensitive. If they are in trouble what does that say? Maybe it is preemptive... but?!

Zed

Rolling Silver Dice!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Use to post "regular" with black background, but they all claimed to not be able to read/see them
Louky that was about the size and definition. As you posted them they where very hard to read the ticker, period etc.

Sorry for the OT, but I want to add this note. My hearing is so bad that hearing aids offer little help. I discovered that some bone conduction (external headsets) work great for me. Try the ones with an intensifier band to help apply pressure to hold the transducers close to both sides of your face.
You may be candidate for cochlear. it sounds like you have nerve to the brain but other functions degrading over time. every case is different and so complicated