• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

The Lunatic Fringe - Trading talk.

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I think a lot of this rally has been fueled by stimulus checks and the crazy UI benefits. Has anyone seen an estimate of how many of these stimulus checks have already been sent vs yet to be received. Judging by the one other website a few people finally got theirs today, but I don't think this covers any paper checks yet.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Ok, which one of you savvy investors got into plexiglass early??

D-FENZ

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Ok, which one of you savvy investors got into plexiglass early??
Me... sort of. And savvy may be a little too complimentary.

Do Lexan polycarbonate sheets count? It's actually better than Plexiglas. It's the stuff they make bulletproof glass out of, but this is thinner.

About 10 years ago I bought a couple of pallets of clear, UV stabilized, 1/16" x 24" x 30" Lexan sheets. Came with some other stuff at a factory auction. Each pallet had 500 sheets on them. And each sheet has a protective film on both sides. Been using it for picture frames and all kinds of odds and end projects. Last month I started seeing Plexiglas everywhere from the post office to drive-ups and figured it would be a good time to stick it on Craigslist. Yeah, not so much. Ad's been up for probably a month. $5 per sheet but cheaper by the dozen. Had a couple of calls but have yet to sell a single sheet. Savvy? Not so much but it was basically free.

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Gary Savage

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I quit reading most people's analysis quite a while ago...

Interesting for sure - but about as accurate as the dude with the weather forecast...

Nowadays its all about what the chart says...(along with a serious effort to stay grounded/up to date on all things macro as that is ultimately what drives trends).
IMO it is good to read a wide range of articles to fill out your fundamental view but in the end a change in sentiment is what moves the market and charts are the best tool to analyse just how that is progressing.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
GSR dipping under 100:1 again this morning. Big number from a psychological standpoint.

If no one else's, at least it soothes my neurosis. Still have a ways to go but I don't feel so much like such a total dumbass down here.
Yes. However it is probably only Fringe dwellers looking @ it.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
That all green downtrend is bizarre. Is it bad market makers?
@louky sets his charts up short side. Flip red for green for your typical view.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
No, I checked it on my chart platform as well.
OK, try this...

Switch to hollow candles for a better idea, the posted chart is looking at open v close as opposed to close on previous close. Alternatively you can double click on the candles and set them up to use previous close. You can do the same for volume. It gives a more traditional chart view IMO... but whatever floats your boat, there are no rules!

... and keep in mind that current total daily dollar value traded is in the 10 to 50K range meaning that for a few K you can play manipulation games with this all day long. The indicator below is average $ traded for the day, not 100% accurate but close. The spike is about 300K and the two lower lines are 10 and 50K.

Anyway... I could play god with this stock because the $ volume is poxy. Personally I screen for enough volume that I am reasonably sure that I am seeing a true market view of the stock. If I were to look at a stock like this I'd want to make sure that I knew everything, including managements inside leg measurement, where their family's lived and how to go visit them. All the stuff you'd want if you were buying a local small business because that is what you are doing. Not saying this is a dud by any means but that you want to really DYODD to the max.

SDRC-D-20200521-1.gif

Last edited:

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
What is bizarre is not about the chart settings. It is that it opened lower and closed higher every day in an obvious downtrend. Every day.

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
OK, try this...

Switch to hollow candles for a better idea, the posted chart is looking at open v close as opposed to close on previous close. Alternatively you can double on the candles and set them up to use previous close. You can do the same for volume. It gives a more traditional chart view IMO... but whatever floats your boat, there are no rules!

... and keep in mind that current total daily dollar value traded is in the 10 to 50K range meaning that for a few K you can play manipulation games with this all day long. The indicator below is average $ traded for the day, not 100% accurate but close. The spike is about 300K and the two lower lines are 10 and 50K.

Anyway... I could play god with this stock because the $ volume is poxy. Personally I screen for enough volume that I am reasonably sure that I am seeing a true market view of the stock. If I were to look at a stock like this I'd want to make sure that I knew everything, including managements inside leg measurement, where their family's lived and how to go visit them. All the stuff you'd want if you were buying a local small business because that is what you are doing. Not saying this is a dud by any means but that you want to really DYODD to the max.

View attachment 165979
Is this the one with the fake resume dude or was that the other one? I forgit...

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
What is bizarre is not about the chart settings. It is that it opened lower and closed higher every day in an obvious downtrend. Every day.
For a modest investment you can buy a chart that looks just like that... that is more the point I am making.

Pump, drop, pump, drop, pump, drop.... eventually you have a trend and you attract the flies, then you pump, pump, pump and drop it all.

If you know that is the game then you can play along... if you don't then you want to be sure of what is really going on here.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
It just too ugly to trade for me.... that is the bottom line. I don't like things that behave erratically.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I’m not even considering trading it.

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Deliveries up to Tuesday.

Gold 9822 contracts delivered with 816 still open in May.

Silver 8910 contracts delivered with 204 still open in May.

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Yeah there are no settings adjustments. It's trading view app on my cell phone with stock download settings everyone receives. 11 green candles in a row, within a downtrend. Never seen that.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
15.80 - 16.20 ?

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
BJ sporting wood on this weekly chart.

AgKfONzL.png