• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

The Lunatic Fringe - Trading talk.

nowon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Seeker
Oh boy, a currency war!
Well, it beats the hell out of what's simmering in the Himalayan peaks right now between China and India...still though, looks like the market may get choppy. Metals did good during the tariff war earlier, so maybe not too bad unless it Cascades into another margin call sell all....suxs

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Well, it beats the hell out of what's simmering in the Himalayan peaks right now between China and India...still though, looks like the market may get choppy. Metals did good during the tariff war earlier, so maybe not too bad unless it Cascades into another margin call sell all....suxs
Talked to my Indian friend last night...we discussed the China/India thing.

He says northern India is less populated than the rest of India - so Modi moved some army/navy troops up that way as a means of minimizing the risk of it spreading through the ranks. Of course China has to respond to that - any troop concentrations have to be countered. He says both sides understand that and this is not likely to escalate into something meaningful.

We will see...

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
People asked me what's next after jobs went poof, the stock market dropped from all time highs to 2100-2200, etc all like i'd told them. Only surprise was the sheer speed of corona trigger. Of course i told them next is riots and looting.

Again with the speed surprise......getting close to home too quickly. Figured it would stay in the larger cities initially. Praying this doesnt go the Minnesota route.

Screenshot_20200529-092444_Samsung Internet.jpg

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Non miner example i'm loading now, hdii. A lot of slowdown/delays with corona on filings at the moment, but expect fireworks on medium time frame. Not suggesting to anyone, but this will bookmark for showing futures results.
Easy like Sunday morning off that base printing $$$....wouldnt sell a share this low though

Screenshot_20200529-094833_TradingView.jpg

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I hear Trump is talking China at 11AM Eastern time. Market may move.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Someone please summarize the message and the tone.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Last edited:

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I expected the market to not like it. But market was cool with it, apparently.

My entire trading portfolio closed up 2.42%. That's a good day.

sandblaster

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
I think a lot of this rally has been fueled by stimulus checks and the crazy UI benefits. Has anyone seen an estimate of how many of these stimulus checks have already been sent vs yet to be received. Judging by the one other website a few people finally got theirs today, but I don't think this covers any paper checks yet.
I just got a letter from "The Donald" today, telling me I'm going to get a stimulus check and I didn't think I qualified. Yea me.

Saw that Louky. Also saw that personal income for "citizens" was up 10% in April. This has to do with nothing other than unemployment and the $600 Federal UI kicker. The boyz will use this as an excuse to not pay the working stiff any more than regular UI claims as well as not to issue any more stimulus checks.

What is the end game here? One World digital currency with a Mr. Bill chip implanted at birth? This is like a bad episode from the Twilight Zone and the masses are swallowing this shit hook line and sinker. Woody's orgasmatron is on the way.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I'm shocked at how easily and quickly so many folks have turned into pearl clutching surrender monkeys. Someone posted this on Facebook and one of my "friends" posted it again in agreement. The Psyop is having some success.

I don't see going back to normal
as though nothing happened--
as though nothing is happening.
The old is gone forever.

Behold, the new has come,
and will be coming,
forever.

And the new reality
demands deliberate,
intentional,
willful
adjustment on our part.
We have to cooperate
with the process
of our own maturation.

We have to grow up some more again.
Stop belittling people who wear masks.
Ware masks ourselves.

For example.

Stay away from people
and crowded places--
beaches, concerts, attractions--
where there be crowds of people.

Eating in restaurants
is risky business.

Wake up.
Do right.
Be safe.
Stay well.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
S&P 500 weekly price remains above the 10 week moving average, so my Weekend Trend Trader strategy remains positive. Stop losses set to 40% from weekly high. New trades can be taken, however this week no stocks met the entry criteria.

HaS16A3Q.png

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
For my retirement funds slow-trade strategy, the monthly SPX chart closed above the 20 month moving average at the end of April. Went long equities in the retirement account (25% long) at the beginning of May. Now at the end of May we see there was a positive gain, and we remain above the 20 month moving average. Thusly, the slow trade retirement fund strategy remains long. If price closes the month below the 20 month moving average, I will move back to "cash."

amxdA9Mb.png

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
My least successful current holding is VIVO which is currently down 14.4%. Stop loss is at 11.15 which represents 40% off the weekly high. This stock has currently been held for 3 weeks.

5Yv3wZ7g.png

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
My most successful current holding is RRC which is currently up 14.53%. Stop loss is currently set to $4.05 which represents 40% off the weekly highs. I've currently held this stock for 5 weeks.

z83V0Iuq.png

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
My current histogram of all open and closed trades. Two discretionary trades of AG and GDXJ are sneaking off the right-hand side of the bell curve.

HistogramLive20200530.png

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
IMG_20200528_205627.jpg

Wait til everyone realizes their job isn't coming back, those with them still gonna get 20-30% cut in pay and food costs 40% more.

IMG_20200531_091042.png

Last edited:

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
This just blows my mind, but... A credible subscription service that I will not name, but you would recognize the name says:

The US stock market's post-crash rebound has gone a little further than expected, enabling the SPX to end the month of May above its 12-month MA. This doesn't preclude a test of the March low or even a spike to new lows for the year, but it does suggest that we are dealing with an intermediate-term bull-market correction rather than a bear market.

At this stage it's best to keep an open mind regarding the market's long-term trend.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Silver update...

All technicals are signalling immediate additional upside. Tellingly - the ADX is at 32 (above 25 is trending) and rising. This means the trend is getting stronger. I have drawn in horizontal resistance and the uptrending channels price seems to be trading in...as you can see - the upper channel boundary is still a ways above current price (and rising)...

1590941074256.png

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser