• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

The Lunatic Fringe - Trading talk.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner

"Led by professional organizers, agitators and radicals"

I always thought depression people were angry because of no jobs, no income, squeezed margins as top 5% accumulated 80% wealth the rest received poverty.

;)

Last edited:

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
It really was great. Sounds like one of the guitar players took his lessons from Hound Dog Taylor.

[OK, it doesn't sound much like Hound Dog, but any excuse for Hound Dog is a good excuse!]

Last edited:

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
From an Egon von Greyerz article:
dow jones vs gold 1999 - 2020.jpg

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I don’t think there will be deflation in things people *need* this time.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Moved from 25% invested in retirement accounts to 50%.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
rZH1Wrfz.png

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
With this updated chart of SILJ I can pretend I bought the breakout, instead of FOMO.

XT9GXwWB.png

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
So SILJ is up against resistance here. Is it likely to bust through on the first attempt? Not likely. Question you gotta ask yourself is if you are tempted to take profit here where do you re enter? 11.80-12.00? I think that if you cannot hold here and take the pain if it does indeed come then no way in hell will you be on for the ride. Been there done that. No thanks.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
On SILJ I'm initially giving it the same stop loss that my weekend trader uses. 40% off the highs puts my stop loss @ $7.54. That should give it a lot of room to flop around. That still represents only 2% of my portfolio value. I can live with that.

At some point, when I think this thing is "done", I will set trailing stops to 10%, but I don't have an objective indicator to make that decision. It will have to be subjective I think.

[But we're not close to that now.]

Au-myn

GOLDBUG
Founding Member
Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Another look at SILJ.

A Reversal Triple Top variation formation on this 3 x .75 long term scale P & F chart.

O, X, O, X, O, X. Buy signal at 12.75. Note the "low pole reversal". Low poles identify stocks under accumulation.

silj 1.png

Looking for a short this week in SPY. Just a small position in SPXS short term hold not long enough for this thing to waste away. Not a long term position.

Anyone think they make a run for the gap near the February high without recocking the gun and going lower first? I don't. Wrong over SPY 313 stop close daily only.

Attachments

What is the bid and the ask like on these juniors you post and how much do you have to pay in commissions. Back in the day when Scottrade was still around it used to cost around $70 round turn on these things. Homerun or the sombrero on these guys. Good luck Louky.

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I have zero commissions for years, but i know charles Schwab, fidelity, etc are all zero for everyone now as well.

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Non miner examples i'm loading now, my 3 favorites are tecr, hdii, xfls. A lot of slowdown/delays with corona on filings at the moment, but expect fireworks on medium time frame. Not suggesting to anyone, but this will bookmark for showing futures results.
Only posted 3 sure fire examples headed much much higher off these mid april bases. Incredible due dilligence on each one, medium time frame holds for me.

Screenshot_20200602-135147_TradingView.jpg

Screenshot_20200602-135451_TradingView.jpg

Screenshot_20200602-135611_TradingView.jpg

Last edited:
SILJ bearish engulfing. Pretty good probability with this pattern. Did not do much at all with the rally off the lows today in Silver. Closed near the lows of the day. Probably best to work this run off a bit anyway. Miners probably look to at least test their breakout areas. You can never rule out the possibility of a decent sized pullback in the metals from here. Not betting on it but it is on the table.

FlaGman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
I have zero commissions for years, but i know charles Schwab, fidelity, etc are all zero for everyone now as well.
I am using a Merrill Edge account which is zero fees for me but will not allow penny stock trades, so I guess not every brokerage is the same. Merrill wouldn’t even allow a SILJ trade to go through for me-I don’t think they appreciate volatility!

I am using a Merrill Edge account which is zero fees for me but will not allow penny stock trades, so I guess not every brokerage is the same. Merrill wouldn’t even allow a SILJ trade to go through for me-I don’t think they appreciate volatility!
That is ridiculous.

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Yeah, it varies. Fidelity is very restrictive on otc, but no fee on ones you can buy. Charles Schwab is 100% open on anything and no commission. Etrade is open, but commissions are still standard. TD has some restrictions as well and charges.