• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

The Lunatic Fringe - Trading talk.

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Here is a monthly level view of the USD...

1591533260081.png

Here is a weekly view:

1591533976433.png

Last edited:

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Gotta get down to 92
1591537613853.png

I don't think this is the end of the run for the metals/miners for the long term but I am a little concerned about the short term here. Might get a bounce early in the week and fail or just continue on down. Silver normally plays catch up at the end of a run not the beginning but we will see.
Some bullish daily candles on Friday some bearish weeklies. Pick your poison.

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I don't think this is the end of the run for the metals/miners for the long term but I am a little concerned about the short term here. Might get a bounce early in the week and fail or just continue on down. Silver normally plays catch up at the end of a run not the beginning but we will see.
Some bullish daily candles on Friday some bearish weeklies. Pick your poison.
Gold has been mostly consolidating the past couple of months...above the previous highs for the most part...nothing of concern yet with this correction...of course all that can change at a moments notice...

1591544835100.png

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Michael Oliver monitors the commodity complex using BCOM (Bloomberg Commodity Index). We're not there yet, but a friend asked me what should he trade in the case we are expecting rising general commodities. (Other than the obvious, on a PM BB.)

Does anyone have any good ideas about how to play a rise in general commodities? Could segment out into the non-PM miners, agriculture, etc.

Good idea anyone?

Michael Oliver monitors the commodity complex using BCOM (Bloomberg Commodity Index). We're not there yet, but a friend asked me what should he trade in the case we are expecting rising general commodities. (Other than the obvious, on a PM BB.)

Does anyone have any good ideas about how to play a rise in general commodities? Could segment out into the non-PM miners, agriculture, etc.

Good idea anyone?

Soybeans

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
Quick look at the miners.
GDX had a very nice hit on the 50-DMA. So far, this is just a bullish pullback. Still could be in a healthy uptrend.
All the large-cap miners had a retest of the breakout levels, with a bullish candlestick. Indicators are primed and ready for a nice upmove.

gdx.png

Newmont, as an example of the big name miners.
NEM.png

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
The shiny stuff...reflective...antimicrobial...

You know - the thing....
Yeah, I already got him into that space. He's looking for something else. I, however, have already taken your advice, Boss.

Search on stock charts shows plenty of prospects for him.

Scan_Results___StockCharts_com-2.jpg

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Just looked up this address it's a Mail Drop. If anyone wants to know.
Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 9.14.48 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-08 at 9.14.05 AM.png

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Got 2 million last week, thought i would be able to load 8 and 9 but maybe not after that news friday post market

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Weekend Trend Trader bought RRC on April 27. Currently up 52%. Looks like a winner!

smuFBRrX.png

BeefJerky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Is lotto the correct verbiage when every single one posted hit 100's or 1000's of % from first mention? Lol
Yes,,,,,most of these stocks don't even have a daily trading volume that exceeds the cost of your average new car.
They are esoteric speculations at best and deserve their own home for people into such things. They are clearly not the initial intention of this thread. This thread does not deserve to be junked up by such things.

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Yes,,,,,most of these stocks don't even have a daily trading volume that exceeds the cost of your average new car.
They are esoteric speculations at best and deserve their own home for people into such things. They are clearly not the initial intention of this thread. This thread does not deserve to be junked up by such things.
There's an ignore button

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
The thread was about charts from the lunatic fringe. Technical analysis. Period. The orginal OP was recently edited to try and define something different and the thread title as well. I wonder if someone read the thread from start to finish now, who led the "morph" from what it was then, to what it is now?, ie fully all encompassing economic, trading philosophy, charts, etc....everything related to markets and econony? OTC integration should just be seen as the next phase in that.

Last edited:

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
He disappears often for extended time. On most occasions comes back and announces he was on holiday/vacation. So i'm being positive it's that!
thanks to Louky for making this thread more interesting while I am distracted by the rest of my increasingly chaotic life!
Here's an example ;)

BeefJerky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
In the spirit of the thread as it was originally intended, someone please explian to me how volume quantity, price (.05 rather than $300/apple), etc matter to this technical analysis that could be applied to any stock?
The difference is the ability of one vs. the other to be manipulated. Not to mention the practicalities of liquidity. These types of equities are great for astute punters looking to take a few shots with a limited bankroll. But they are undeserving to be included in this thread as was intended by the OP that started this thread.
Basically you have seemingly successfully hijacked a valuable resource with your esoteric drivel.

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
The difference is the ability of one vs. the other to be manipulated. Not to mention the practicalities of liquidity. These types of equities are great for astute punters looking to take a few shots with a limited bankroll. But they are undeserving to be included in this thread as was intended by the OP that started this thread.
Basically you have seemingly successfully hijacked a valuable resource with your esoteric drivel.
When i use to post gold exclusively people said it was manipulated beyond measure, still do. Yet i nailed every turn and drop number for years, documented here live.