• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

The Lunatic Fringe - Trading talk.

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I just don't trust it with tech stocks still going Bubbleish. Tesla up another $140 today because :don't know:. How many of these newbies buying Tesla or AAPL call options don't understand the split at all? Thinking they will get some new shares at the same price while not understanding the price will be cut by what 1/4 or 1/5.

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I just don't trust it with tech stocks still going Bubbleish. Tesla up another $140 today because :don't know:. How many of these newbies buying Tesla or AAPL call options don't understand the split at all? Thinking they will get some new shares at the same price while not understanding the price will be cut by what 1/4 or 1/5.
It only that - the options will be seperated and new options will be issued post split. The seperated options will suffer from lack of liquidity after the split and the spreads will widen significantly over time...

I had some calls in JNUG back in the day that happened...

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
Thought i'd play around with the GDX chart. I'm no Elliot Waver, but I think a basic 5-wave advance would look something like this. The previous wave 2 correction was 1-month, so if this one is similar it should end soon.
GDX-idea.png

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I am expecting gold to be volatile today - Powell Jackson Hole speech...

Lancers32

Silver Miner
They had a good chance to break the miners today and didn't. I am beginning to think that if I believe something is going to 50 or beyond and it sits at 26 or so is it worth waiting for it to maybe go to 22? Odds are with the longs if you think this is a bull market in metals and metal stocks.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
22 hmmm?

HPzBCNx4.png

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
They had a good chance to break the miners today and didn't. I am beginning to think that if I believe something is going to 50 or beyond and it sits at 26 or so is it worth waiting for it to maybe go to 22? Odds are with the longs if you think this is a bull market in metals and metal stocks.
Go halfsies? Not all or nothing?

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Weekend Trend Trader: I'm going to have to trim this puppy on Monday.

iWSs2fSO.png

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Ouch. Looks like my account.
It is only 1 of 20 positions that I hold, so it is nothing. Not even a speed bump.

[Represents a loss of 0.74% of my account balance if sold at the close today.]

Last edited:

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
08:27.jpg

Patrick Karim

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
My gold chart ---> Sofa Sogood! This consolidation looks close to an end & I have to assume a trend resumption until the trend line breaks.

Untitled.jpg

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
I sure miss Louky

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Friday on the Comex! One more trend test for luck? Break out or break down, place your bets ladies, gents and pirates!

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Friday on the Comex! One more trend test for luck? Break out or break down, place your bets ladies, gents and pirates!

Despite the USD getting beat up thus far the opening move on the Comex looks like an effort to limit upside. As usual, I'm seeing the glass half empty. I'll be happy to be wrong!;)

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I think interest rates are breaking out/up and we are about to see a big turn in the Nasdaq. MA has had Aug 31 as a turning point week for some time. Then we got the AAPL and TSLA splits that day. Now we add the DOW re balance the same week. I don't see Au/Ag holding up real well in that environment.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Yeah, not sure why he went away. Maybe just a break.
Some were accusing him of pump n dump a while back... and I think he decided to move to greener pastures?

I liked his insight. Better than following throw a dart Jim Cramer IMO....

FlaGman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Site Supporter
Some were accusing him of pump n dump a while back... and I think he decided to move to greener pastures?

I liked his insight. Better than following throw a dart Jim Cramer IMO....
Honestly, although I initially appreciated his posts I ended up blocking him as it was simply too much for me to follow along. I am not really interested in playing around with penny stocks (that might only trade in a day what I would spend on a car), and that seemed to be his primary focus.

I really don’t want to keep track of more than 10 or 12 stocks in my portfolio, and so if I am interested in investing in a company I am going to commit a fair amount of money. I am sure there are hundred-baggers I miss out on, but if I can get doubles and triples I am very happy.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

Lancers32

Silver Miner
Makes me rethink allocations going forward. PSLV or a combination of that and a few Silver mining stocks.
I know in the past the miners have had more appreciation than the metals themselves but I wonder if at some point it might just be best to ride the metal. Silver that is.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
My gold chart ---> Sofa Sogood! This consolidation looks close to an end & I have to assume a trend resumption until the trend line breaks.

View attachment 178563
1964.50 close today could be a breakout, not strong so we'd want to see Monday follow through decently but a step in the right direction. We may just have "game on" again.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
1598662972953.png