• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

The Lunatic Fringe - Trading talk.

Lancers32

Silver Miner
Love hate this stock. Went in to today long HL too which did a bit better. Hecla runs into the mid 5.90's strong most of the day while CDE sits at 8.36 I mean sits. Sell the frickin thing. Not a minute later the sob runs to 8.50.:2 thumbs up:

Attachments

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
Makes me rethink allocations going forward. PSLV or a combination of that and a few Silver mining stocks.
I know in the past the miners have had more appreciation than the metals themselves but I wonder if at some point it might just be best to ride the metal. Silver that is.
As much upside as silver has, even just to get to the old high of $50 area compared to the miners...I really think call options on SLV is the best play right now.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
“I don’t know if gold goes to 10,000 or 100,000.”
It has always depended on future actions of the Fed, I don't know how to predict that.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
It has always depended on future actions of the Fed, I don't know how to predict that.
It's easy now. Nothing left but the printing press.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
It's easy now. Nothing left but the printing press.
Yes, to a point, but at what cost when it goes south. There is a limit out there somewhere!

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Yes, to a point, but at what cost when it goes south. There is a limit out there somewhere!
I've thought that since 1990 when US debt was around 1 trillion. Nope at 25-27 trillion and still no end in sight. Seems to me that We print then you print then everyone prints money and it basically zeros out any weakness. Add to that that 1/2 the world has to conduct business in dollars and there is in fact a shortage of dollars right now.
I think it only goes south when countries around the world start rejecting the dollar. But why would they do that? I feel like there's a level of understanding in all of this that none of us has.

Lots of talk out there now about the digital dollar and how they are going to try and bring this in in 2021. It's the only way they can go negative on interest rates without the masses revolting. Seems like a disaster in the making to me. Gov never gets anything right so I cant imagine them implementing another monetary system.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
“I don’t know if gold goes to 10,000 or 100,000.”
The point is, he could have said I don't know if gold goes to $5000 or $6000. But no.

[He tees it up.]

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
S&P 500 monthly chart. Hell of a broadening formation. What a shit show and what happens next?

WIkN5zOC.png

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Dollar monthly (DXY). I dunno man...

[Does the Fed ultimately have the power to make this go down? I think they probably mostly do.]

3NNOuWEi.png

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Michael Oliver in 2016 told me to my face if silver ever goes to $50 again it's probably going to $200.

[I met the man once.]

Last edited:

Lancers32

Silver Miner
I don't know if you guys watch Mannarino he's tough to watch sometimes but he is pretty quick. He mentioned yesterday that Kudlow and Bullard said we are no longer in a recession. How fucking stupid do these motherfuckers think people are?

Jodster

Always wrong
Silver Miner
I've thought that since 1990 when US debt was around 1 trillion. Nope at 25-27 trillion and still no end in sight. Seems to me that We print then you print then everyone prints money and it basically zeros out any weakness. Add to that that 1/2 the world has to conduct business in dollars and there is in fact a shortage of dollars right now.
I think it only goes south when countries around the world start rejecting the dollar. But why would they do that? I feel like there's a level of understanding in all of this that none of us has.

Lots of talk out there now about the digital dollar and how they are going to try and bring this in in 2021. It's the only way they can go negative on interest rates without the masses revolting. Seems like a disaster in the making to me. Gov never gets anything right so I cant imagine them implementing another monetary system.
As insane as it seems, I think the next psychological barrier is $100 Trillion.
We have already been desensitized by derivative numbers in the dozens and hundreds of Trillions. The derivatives soften up our ears to incomprehensible numbers. Then the budgets follow.
We will drift towards $100T. At that point $50k gold is not unreasonable.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
As insane as it seems, I think the next psychological barrier is $100 Trillion.
We have already been desensitized by derivative numbers in the dozens and hundreds of Trillions. The derivatives soften up our ears to incomprehensible numbers. Then the budgets follow.
We will drift towards $100T. At that point $50k gold is not unreasonable.
I agree. I remember when Obama said he wanted to raise taxes on the rich which he considered anyone over 250k a year. By the time this is done welfare will pay 250k a year. Congress always sets these arbitrary numbers like inflation wont ever catch up but then it does. IMO, any tax should always be adjusted for inflation. Other things as well, like the 10k dollar thing where banks have to report anything over that amount because of terrorism. When they wrote that law you could still go buy a new car for less than 10k. Inflation has kicked in yet that 10k never moved.
If they get their digital currency laws passed it will all be a moot point anyway. Everything will be tracked down to the penny.

Lancers32

Silver Miner
That would be the purpose. Don't count on Bitcoin or any of that other crap to survive either. Armstrong doesn't think this group of fucknuts will get away with this master plan I am not so sure. These riots we've seen so far are nothing compared to what is on deck. Gonna get real ugly.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Window_and_Velocity_of_M2_Money_Stock__M2V____FRED___St__Louis_Fed.jpg

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Window_and_M2_Money_Stock__M2____FRED___St__Louis_Fed.jpg

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
I'm keeping an eye on the general stock markets. The S&P is looking a bit exhausted here.
It should be, it's run a sprint up an unprecedented mountain of dumb. I've been adding some shorts and puts.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I've been long all the way. :secret:

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
1598891260570.png

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
SILJ is attempting to make a higher high. [We shall see.]

Ez66GOzd.png

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Summary of recent ZH article.

1) Valuations have never been this extreme... ever,
2) VIX Correlation to stocks is at its highest since Volmageddon 2018, and
3) VIX and Stocks are showing similar patterns of extreme speculation as occurred right at the peak of the dotcom bubble.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Tupperware bullish pennant update.

[It looks like it is starting to happen.]

lxpVBO00.png