• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

The Lunatic Fringe - Trading talk.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Gary say: BUY THE DIPS.

[NASDAQ. We'll see.]

A low this month makes sense for the pm complex. IF A equals C we should see a move down to the $1800ish level. If C extends it could get pretty ugly. Not sure if the conviction of the bulls has to be tested to that extent or not. This month marks 40 years from a very important high in Gold. Right around the Equinox.
I like that chart. if gold can't decline below 1900 or have shadow declines lower than that that would be extremely bullish if the dollar rallies at the same time.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
As a person long the general stock market, I got to practice my sphincter muscle exercises today.

Lancers32

Silver Miner
I hear dat. A deer in the headlights day for me. Ever know something was going one way but as you watch the day unfold you know you are wrong. Ended up FOMOing in at half the daily range CDE HL. Best to just turn the frickin computer off for a few years.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I hear dat. A deer in the headlights day for me. Ever know something was going one way but as you watch the day unfold you know you are wrong. Ended up FOMOing in at half the daily range CDE HL. Best to just turn the frickin computer off for a few years.
Can't blame you. The miners were very tight today.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
WTT system sold a loser last week (VIVO) so we get to buy a new stock at next week's open (BLMN). Bloomin' Brands owns several large restaurant chains including Outback, Carrabba's Italian Grill, Bonefish Grill, and Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar.

[Large restaurants likely lost some Mom & Pop competition, assuming this shite show ends at some point.]

[Meh, who cares what they do. Just buying the chart.]

2QiQMHcT.png

Lancers32

Silver Miner
Your loss is my gain. :D
SP bottomed in 1974 the Dow in 1982. While we have had major selloffs these markets have been in bull mode for 46 and 38 years respectively.
Some say the pm bull rally is getting long in the tooth after a 5 month move. I think odds favor larger gains in Gold and Silver than in the SM. So no I do not choose to play in that sandbox.

Lancers32

Silver Miner
When even Adam Hamilton is looking for more downside it might be time to load. Gold has closed over the old highs for 5 consecutive weeks Silver closer to the local highs than the $23.50 flash bottom. Miners are bought up on every dip. Rather be a few weeks early than a day late. We SHOULD correct but it doesn't seem like the pm complex wants any more of that.

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
SP bottomed in 1974 the Dow in 1982. While we have had major selloffs these markets have been in bull mode for 46 and 38 years respectively.
Some say the pm bull rally is getting long in the tooth after a 5 month move. I think odds favor larger gains in Gold and Silver than in the SM. So no I do not choose to play in that sandbox.
Oh I understand now, I thought you meant shorting the general markets.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
I sure miss Louky's charts...

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
NASDAQ, SPX, and market leaders all have long wicks pointing down.

58v38YiX.png

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I sure miss Louky's charts...
Yeah, I dunno where he is @. I would like him to join in a little more fully and openly, respond to PM's etc and get a little more real with us. So far he has seemed to have an agenda, maybe that is all he was here for.... I dunno. Interesting guy anyway, time will tell.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
When even Adam Hamilton is looking for more downside it might be time to load. Gold has closed over the old highs for 5 consecutive weeks Silver closer to the local highs than the $23.50 flash bottom. Miners are bought up on every dip. Rather be a few weeks early than a day late. We SHOULD correct but it doesn't seem like the pm complex wants any more of that.
Yeah, maybe... still expecting a gut check soon with around $100 down in gold... a short sharp affair.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
From about a week ago:

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Hmm... I wonder what gold is thinking...
:ponder:

[Me, I'm thinking bullish triangle.]

chart-18.png

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
@Lancers32 keep an eye on the ratios between asset types. Here we have junior miners generally strengthening against seniors while gold pulls back. It paints a picture of correction/strength in my mind. I figure that anyone who is on the hook short comex gold is busy soaking up as much long side leverage as they can to offset any losses on the comex. So if we look where the high downside risk should be when gold corrects and we find buying instead of selling we can infer that some decent size is confident where you'd normally expect nerves.

sc.png

Since the panic low it has taken more and more GDX to buy GDXJ and now GDXJ is ticking up against GDX while gold is soft.

To me this speaks to strength.

IDK but...

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Yeah, maybe... still expecting a gut check soon with around $100 down in gold... a short sharp affair.
... and it may not mean much for miners! 2c FWIW.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
In Mike Oliver's interview he has a hunch that gold will be in the upper 2000's, just below 3000 by the end of this year.

[PS. US has labor day, Monday holiday.]

Lancers32

Silver Miner
@Lancers32 keep an eye on the ratios between asset types. Here we have junior miners generally strengthening against seniors while gold pulls back. It paints a picture of correction/strength in my mind. I figure that anyone who is on the hook short comex gold is busy soaking up as much long side leverage as they can to offset any losses on the comex. So if we look where the high downside risk should be when gold corrects and we find buying instead of selling we can infer that some decent size is confident where you'd normally expect nerves.

View attachment 179652

Since the panic low it has taken more and more GDX to buy GDXJ and now GDXJ is ticking up against GDX while gold is soft.

To me this speaks to strength.

IDK but...

Long CDE and HL from Friday. I initially thought we would go lower but these shares don't seen to want to cooperate. Bull market early in the run these prices should appear cheap down the road. Or not.:bombs 8:

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Long CDE and HL from Friday. I initially thought we would go lower but these shares don't seen to want to cooperate. Bull market early in the run these prices should appear cheap down the road. Or not.:bombs 8:
They are cheap given the historical relationship to gold, HUI was @ this level when we cracked $600 Gold!

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
In Mike Oliver's interview he has a hunch that gold will be in the upper 2000's, just below 3000 by the end of this year.

[PS. US has labor day, Monday holiday.]
That'd make me happy for Xmas.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
ASX Gold Tribe ~+2% this AM. Apparently we are over Friday nerves and feeling better about the week ahead!

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Gold Daily --> Looking @ the width of the Bollinger Bands, the red line is where you tend to see reversals hit and new moves tend to start from the green line. The grey line in the middle is where you'd expect more of a corrective move to develop. It still really just looks like a big fat old consolidation that has a little more time to run but really could resume trend @ any point. That said I don't discount a hard day or two with long tails probing the 1800's. IMO that is probably going to be a hold the nose and buy event.

BTW. If we look @ this as consolidating the move from the COVID crap out it targets 3K @ 100% (traditional target) and @ 161% we hit 3.5K (the over run target in a strong move)... so, it could be a Merry Christmas indeed.... or a Happy New Year. Probably New Year, you know, it is 2020 and all.

Untitled.jpg

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Site Mgr
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
~+1.8% EOD here. A smidge down on the 2% but OK for a Monday with no really strong lead.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Hearing some buzz about this concept, the next big thing, the tokenization and trading of basically anything using the block chain. Capital raising without the stock market, possibly the end of the stock market. A promising F1 driver could tokenize their career path to fund their start in the sport, a developer could tokenize an apartment building. No naked short selling, no uncertainly over who holds the certificate to your stock, trade anything and everything from your phone. Raise capital for ANYTHING that the market will support.

If it catches hold, and I think it will, it will be huge.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
PS> OverStock is looking to list through tZERO, ex Patrick Byrne the naked stock short selling guy. He is no longer @ OverStock but it is interesting that they are involved.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Off ~1.3% EOD, cautious trading, we close then gold gets a woody. Classic stuff!

RockOn.png

Gold Mugging.jpg