• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

The Lunatic Fringe - Trading talk.

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Hearing some buzz about this concept, the next big thing, the tokenization and trading of basically anything using the block chain. Capital raising without the stock market, possibly the end of the stock market. A promising F1 driver could tokenize their career path to fund their start in the sport, a developer could tokenize an apartment building. No naked short selling, no uncertainly over who holds the certificate to your stock, trade anything and everything from your phone. Raise capital for ANYTHING that the market will support.

If it catches hold, and I think it will, it will be huge.

I think the tech is a great idea. But what in the world are the legal ramifications? Who really owns the apartment building and gets to make decisions?

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Still waiting for that big dip.
How about these? I think we could see some vicious deflation for a month or so.

1599586784302.png

1599586801493.png

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Meant metals, but thanks.
I’m waiting too, but so far no cigar. This morning looked like a classic beat down, but the metals clawed their way back. Seems like every beat down These days is getting promptly bought. Very different trading pattern from what we have seen the last few years.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Gold: Bullish Symmetrical Triangle.

This was not a sell signal. My opinion is that often a triangle will fake a break-out the opposite way that it eventually moves. A sell signal would be a bear trap imho.

chart-19.png

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Yes, gold is hanging on by a toenail if it is in fact hanging on here.

9joDdc2A.png

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Isn't the stock market to crash into Presidential vote day?
It certainly has been expected in a lot of quarters!

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I think the tech is a great idea. But what in the world are the legal ramifications? Who really owns the apartment building and gets to make decisions?
It will basically be the same as it is now when multiple parties buying something, the title will just be tradable on the block chain. It will simply open up lots of opportunities that are currently only open to those with the $ and knowledge. It will also reduce the feasible parcel size so that everyone can be a part of it. The legalities underpinning it will not change much at all.

JMO. etc...

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Still waiting for that big dip.
Yes, gold is hanging on by a toenail if it is in fact hanging on here.

View attachment 179855
I've no doubt we will hit a sell everything moment, how long it lasts in gold is going to be the interesting thing. IF it arrives I think it could well be a very short event, maybe even an intraday spike low and turn around.

JMO. etc.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
These gals get it...

Lancers32

Silver Miner
Seems as if no one is concerned about the short term direction of the mining shares. Not liking the selloff in the afternoon. Didn't budge on the pop in Silver early afternoon really. If the miners can manage a close under last week's lows the short to intermediate term turns bearish. I think 10% under last week's lows is a reasonable place to add.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Close's over 39 have GDX still looking like a consolidation pattern... for now. Say 55 for GDXJ, 320 HUI... all hitting lower Bolly Band. They look ripe for a move, down isn't off the table at all but normally the trend continues.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
If gold closes a day below 1910 or so that will most probably signal a sell down. JMO.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
As over bought as Golds monthly chart is I think that another $500 is entirely possible before it takes a proper correction, maybe $1000! It has just been such a steady grind, not looking overly frothy ... yet!

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Can't keep beating on these supports too many times or they will fail.
The break of 1829 on the monthly chart was STRONG, that should be the ultimate floor (monthly close) if we correct with the broader market. It would be normal for it to test that sort of level before moving on, a kiss and go type support test. This thing has space to wobble around before it looks broken.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Monthly trend drawn on closes suggests we could see an intra-month low of 1720 odd, but you'd want to see it close the month out over that ~1830 level.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
General market ~-2% ASX Goldies ~+0.5% on the open.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Amazingly TSLA looks like it will bounce soon. Hasn't even tagged the lower boll band yet and it's headed into support @ high 200's / low 300's.

This will test the fanbois.

Lancers32

Silver Miner
I've no doubt we will hit a sell everything moment, how long it lasts in gold is going to be the interesting thing. IF it arrives I think it could well be a very short event, maybe even an intraday spike low and turn around.

JMO. etc.

I thought so too but I think we might see more of a drawn out affair with a bottom in November. Cycles point to a low in early October a higher low around the next Fed on Sept 17th. We get a pop this week might be an opp to sell into. That might have been today. Holding. No guts no glory.

Lancers32

Silver Miner
Look at this nonsense. Making a bull case with this crap. Looks like more support at $1650-$1700 than anywhere else. Tops and bottoms. 3/8 of the range $1050-$2070 is a move back to $1685ish. Not saying we get there but it is a good possibility cause no one thinks so.

Attachments

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Overall the metals been holding up very well considering the markets in general. In the past silver looked for any excuse to go to the low teens. Is this time different? I mean when was the last time silver just sat around in the mid to upper twenties not doing much of anything like it's the new norm? :)

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
General market ~-2% ASX Goldies ~+0.5% on the open.
Selling is kicking in across the board now... SELL IT ALL!

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
This last great buying opportunity may require a barf bag. You didn't think they were gonna make this shit easy did you?
The best ones always scare the living crap out of you.