• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

The Lunatic Fringe - Trading talk.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I think digital Fedcoin lets them go negative rates and you are trapped.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
As long as they let you (yes, let you) buy cartons of Lucky Strikes, you’ll be fine.

Lancers32

Silver Miner
I did not watch the debate live but caught a few minutes on YT today. I really don't know what to say. Just glad I lived the majority of my life in a relatively sane world and will probably be too senile to give a shit once this really gets rolling.
This is shaping up to be the second coming of the third reich except we will speak English/Spanish. The do gooders are filling the kid's heads with all sorts of shit hell they'll probably turn us in for watching F.Hunt on YT. Best thing is you got nowhere to hide.
I love that a guy who has been in office for 47 years can stand there and say he wants to help. Hey asshole you are the GD problem.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
If they go negative they might go after escape hatches like gold & BTC.

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
Savage

Lancers32

Silver Miner
Pre 1933 Gold coins were exempt from Roosevelt during the confiscation. Bullion wasn't. I have heard Gold Eagles might get by foreign Gold like Maples and others would not be safe. Junk Silver might be the best bet all around. Bartar. Who knows what they will do. Might impose a crazy high cap gains tax on metals or even mining shares.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
If that's the plan then they almost have to. Stay off the grid with phy.

[I mean cartons of Lucky Strike.]

Last edited:

Rip Van Winkle

Silver Miner
Seeker
Pre 1933 Gold coins were exempt from Roosevelt during the confiscation. Bullion wasn't. I have heard Gold Eagles might get by foreign Gold like Maples and others would not be safe. Junk Silver might be the best bet all around. Bartar. Who knows what they will do. Might impose a crazy high cap gains tax on metals or even mining shares.
Yeah taxing things to death is the modern way to ban things

Lancers32

Silver Miner
You are guilty of terrorism or money laundering. Hopefully you bot before the coin shop asked for ID.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I have no idea what you are talking about.

D-FENZ

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Yes, there was a precedent for confiscating PMs but it was a very different time and place. Sure, anything can happen. But today, PMs are more of a commodity than a monetary instrument. In my view, if they were going to nationalize anything, PMs would be far, far down the list- wouldn't even make the top 10. It's too small a world now. It would have to be a global effort for that to get close to their desired affect. And there is no way they could possibly get it all. It's too discrete. Just look at the 'illegal' drug availability and prices for a clue.

But on the off chance they did try it, my bet is that physical PM prices would instantly double- at a minimum.

D-FENZ

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
What the heck is going on with Dr. Copper today? Dropped over 5% today, just about 16 cents per lb. which is a huge move for copper. I pay close attention to it because I have well over a contract's worth of the actual metal setting here in a warehouse but I can't find any news or good reason for it. Any ideas?

Charts really didn't portend this at least the way I read them.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Last edited:

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
What the heck is going on with Dr. Copper today? Dropped over 5% today, just about 16 cents per lb. which is a huge move for copper. I pay close attention to it because I have well over a contract's worth of the actual metal setting here in a warehouse but I can't find any news or good reason for it. Any ideas?

Charts really didn't portend this at least the way I read them.
It did this 7 August, it marked a low. I'd say its the same now, not far from a low if that wasn't it.

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
For what it's worth. We have an Engineer from India and I have been working more and more with him the last few months on a project. He is a huge history nerd. So today I asked him about gold & we talked for a while & I said it is usually seasonly partly driven by India buying during wedding season. He said that is for people over 50 that hold most of the gold there. So many are simply poor & can't afford anything. Younger people under 50 are not buying gold and it's not as big of a deal as it used to be for weddings etc...... but jewelry is still a large part of the culture. The country is encouraging people to store their money in the stock market, banks and investments instead of gold.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Zed I feel like you were the first one to start talking about a jubilee, monetary reset, and digital currency a ways back. Now it seems like I'm hearing it everywhere
I dunno about the first, the people I talked to at the time seemed to be thinking a similar thing. The logical end has always been a reset and now it seems clear that it will involve crypto. As for the debt jubilee I've never really got my head around the idea that they will let the little guy off, I think we are on the hook whatever happens. I can see what Armstrong is talking about happening where they convert all government debt to a perpetual bond, all you ever get is the coupon and the bond never falls due for repayment. That's one option for a soft default that seems realistic. I can't see the US doing a hard default but a soft default via the printing press seemed like the go, Armstrong's idea is a halfway house that looks possible.

We certainly seem to be heading for a crescendo of some sort. and there is more noise. As gold investors we have to be wary that the government reaction doesn't kill off gold much like Volcker and his nose bleed rates!

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
The Gold Tribe are flat to down today just after lunch. Trading in the 0 to -0.5% range.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
OT: the stock market may crash tmw if President Trump has covid-19 (breaking news on cnn)
I'm surprised he lasted this long, they must have an army of Democrats trying to infect him!

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
China launches its Crypto...

or rather endorses one...

and it floats!

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
We closed flat for the weekend... not so bad for a Friday.

... and Trump has got CV19 but you knew that by now, the TV must be beside itself with excitement!

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I wonder how long it will be before someone suggests that CV19 should disqualify him from running?

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I'm surprised he lasted this long, they must have an army of Democrats trying to infect him!
I figured they wiped everything down at the debate stage lectern with it to make sure he gets it including water bottles etc.....

I figured they wiped everything down at the debate stage lectern with it to make sure he gets it including water bottles etc.....
I feel bad for Trump's wife and she is certainly the better of the two. Both got it and needs to be quarantined on venus and mars.

Lancers32

Silver Miner
I dunno about the first, the people I talked to at the time seemed to be thinking a similar thing. The logical end has always been a reset and now it seems clear that it will involve crypto. As for the debt jubilee I've never really got my head around the idea that they will let the little guy off, I think we are on the hook whatever happens. I can see what Armstrong is talking about happening where they convert all government debt to a perpetual bond, all you ever get is the coupon and the bond never falls due for repayment. That's one option for a soft default that seems realistic. I can't see the US doing a hard default but a soft default via the printing press seemed like the go, Armstrong's idea is a halfway house that looks possible.

We certainly seem to be heading for a crescendo of some sort. and there is more noise. As gold investors we have to be wary that the government reaction doesn't kill off gold much like Volcker and his nose bleed rates!
Well 14% on a 10 yr govt note is different back in the day of tall Paul than the same today. Would not trust it.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I still feel like I've seen this play out before.

chart-26.png

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
It still amazes me how easily people give up their freedom when they're told they need to give it up. People that I would have never expected to be that way I've learned this year are so easily manipulated.
Never judge a game of chess at the halfway point. We'll see where this leads.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Nu Skin (NUS) after a big move up consolidated about 8 weeks and broke higher starting in the 9th.

[Starting to move higher.]

8OPzzRo2.png

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Now West Pharmaceuticals (WST) had a multi-week strong move higher and appears to be consolidating before (perhaps) resuming the climb higher.

kvwdhu8J.png

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Never judge a game of chess at the halfway point. We'll see where this leads.
So far the pawns refuse to come out of the box and get on the chess board.

[I too have been shocked, though I guess I should not have been. It was all too easy, so far.]