• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

The Lunatic Fringe - Trading talk.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
S&P 500 closed last week above the 10 week moving average. WTT system's trailing stops are back to 40%. [But we never lower them.]

SEDG holding a gain of 81.68% currently.

icRFLmBB.png

Last edited:

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Not sure at this point. Miners don't seem to be acting right at this point.
GDXJ is holding ground against GDX.

sc (2).png

AUD Gold is cruising into trend @ about election day.

Untitled.jpg

It's a yawn until then IMO.

... but then... then all eyes will be on December and that HUGE delivery potential.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Dollar needs to get moving here.
If it surpasses the recent high it will have defined a new trend, in fact a decent bounce here will do that but we need the new high past resistance to make it meaningful.

JMO

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
My take on weekly gold, it's a flag, you can see the STRONG support in the mid 1700's but the odds are we will not make it there and if we do it will be brief. Election day looks as good a catalyst as any from here. If that is deemed gold positive the naked shorts have a few weeks to get out of the way of the December delivery monster.

Untitled.jpg

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

D-FENZ

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
Low volume move higher today the longer this goes on the more I think we bottomed 2 weeks ago. Probably doesn't pay to be too cute. AG actually acted like a Silver stock today. Probably washed it out last week at just below the 50 fibo. 8 weeks off the tops now. Sucker rally or off to the races I think we get the answer this week. 1/3 long AG waiting to add HL and CDE on breaks.
Daily chart on silver looks a lot like an ugly bear flag. Looks to me like we could be baking a $20 cake by Friday.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
That's it, it is the discipline to limit losses and REPEATEDLY go back to market KNOWING that every loss gets you closer to a win. It is HARD to do, but if you take ten small losses the odds are that you are closer to a big win than ever before. Requires a BULLETPROOF mindset.
Yes, that is it. The reason I feel so rock-ribbed with this system is I understand *why* it works. That is everything.

Lancers32

Silver Miner
Looks like we are going to see some resolution to the downside Gold and Silver thus far rejected at resistance.
CDE HL hanging tough MTA $hit the bed. IF we get suspected downside targets $1800 $20ish silver do we make new lows in the miners or do we catch at or slightly above the lows of two weeks ago?
Wish list. CDE $6.20 HL $4.25 MTA $6.35.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Apparently Trump just called off GOP negotiating for a stimulus package. I think that is what is up here.

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Lotta whipsawing happening here. Past week or two I have not reached my limit buys or sells. Sitting tight and ready for action either which way this thing resolves.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Apparently Trump just called off GOP negotiating for a stimulus package. I think that is what is up here.
I was wondering what was up. Nadaq futures were hammered the last hr of trading and level 2 was nuts. I'm still testing out platforms, the one I am using now failed. :(. It was fine up until today then the heavy volume made it do quirky things. Talking with the company now to see if they can straighten it out. If not it's on to the next trial. LOL.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I hope everyone gets the price they want in this pullback. It will take 1860 to break my bullish symmetrical triangle stairway to heaven scenario. Good luck, guys.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Virtually no reaction down here to the overnight action in USD gold. AUD Gold still flat to sideways.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
The gold tribe have just gone green post lunch. Honestly I expected more blood... but nope!

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
The gold tribe have just gone green post lunch. Honestly I expected more blood... but nope!
Silver trying to crawl back out of its hole without dollar weakness in Asian trading. This is odd stuff, for sure... let the whipsawing continue.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
+~1.6% today.

Who'd thunk it after this AM.

The tribe have taken brave pills!

Aided by the fact that two of the tribe have agreed to a merger of equals to produce a global top 10 producer.... and the deal actually makes sense! Yesterday was ~ 10%+ bump off the back of the news, good day.

ASX:NST + ASX:SAR = ASX:???

Probably still Northern Star (NST) but we may get a new name. Not that it bothers you guys... who knows they may even move off the pink sheets in the US!

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Silver trying to crawl back out of its hole without dollar weakness in Asian trading. This is odd stuff, for sure... let the whipsawing continue.
Trend held, looking OK for now IMO.

Untitled.jpg

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
The miners are bid higher in premarket trade.

Lancers32

Silver Miner
Noticed that PSLV is up more than nearly 3 times SLV on a % basis this morning. Strange.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame

itsamess

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
From Weekend Trend Trader strategy, here is my current distribution of trades. [I can't draw.]

I drew a center line [purple]. Trades to the left of that line are losses. Trades to the right are wins. I tried to sketch in an approximate normalized bell curve so you get the picture.

WTT works by always capping losses so the tail of the bell curve never goes very far to the left. But the right hand tail of the bell curve is allowed to go as far right as possible.

Currently there are more trades on the left of the center line. That would be because I was fully invested when the crash o' 2020 occurred. Still with all trades [open and closed] considered, we are winning right now..

[From the chart I currently have 10 trades that have larger gains than my 1 largest loss. Some of those wins are multiples larger.]

Window_and_2020_Positions-2.jpg

Last edited:

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
SolarEdge (SEDG) milestone. Up 100.86%.

[I'm starting to get lucky.]

VZFCuIpe.png

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++