• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

The Lunatic Fringe - Trading talk.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Bitcoin to a million.

In a world with no governments I can believe it... but, summin happens here... not sure what, I wanna see Fed Coin (or whatevers!) impact.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
If I do it won't be as an artist!
I've lost friends because they can't deal with the fact I don't have an "honest job". They can't get their heads around how capitalism distributes capital and why that is so very valuable. Most people don't seem to get how the system that feeds them actually works.

I don't flash anything about so they underrate it, they seem to overrate people I know that are all debt and front. Funny how it works... I think I'm going to be sounder in retirement but we will see.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I've lost friends because they can't deal with the fact I don't have an "honest job". They can't get their heads around how capitalism distributes capital and why that is so very valuable. Most people don't seem to get how the system that feeds them actually works.

I don't flash anything about so they underrate it, they seem to overrate people I know that are all debt and front. Funny how it works... I think I'm going to be sounder in retirement but we will see.
I get it, the fools. I do have an "honest" job. Doing this thing to enhance retirement when the time comes. Hope I can snowball it into something worthwhile.

Lancers32

Silver Miner
In a world with no governments I can believe it... but, summin happens here... not sure what, I wanna see Fed Coin (or whatevers!) impact.
This guy was/is a heavy hitter not some off the wall nut. Might be worth a lottery ticket.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
This guy was/is a heavy hitter not some off the wall nut. Might be worth a lottery ticket.
I'm hearing LOTS of conservative heavy hitters say it is the go, it's freaking me out man. I keep putting off dealing with it and I keep stumbling on the same thing ---> It all depends on government attitudes to it and they are going to get desperate! That is my one issue, always has been, otherwise it's a good thing.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I get it, the fools.
I'm more generous with them but man they can be frustrating, the thing that does my head in is that you get no respect from someone who is going backwards but can't see it. Blows my mind.

download (1).jpg

The upside is I know that if they start saying I'm a smart guy I should "get the fuck outta Dodge!" and find another gig.

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
They can't get their heads around how capitalism distributes capital and why that is so very valuable. Most people don't seem to get how the system that feeds them actually works.

Could you elaborate on this just a bit?

I don't flash anything about so they underrate it, they seem to overrate people I know that are all debt and front.
Yes around here there are lots of folk making $50k/year and driving a $60k Mercedes.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
When did Daniella start with Stansberry?
Sooo many smart people are into this @savvydon , I feel like a Luddite and I know I am not! It's still doing my head in, so much to learn.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Yes around here there are lots of folk making $50k/year and driving a $60k Mercedes.
My wife is a nurse and she does social service work in a lower socioeconomic area. Family violence, drugs etc... most of the moms are popping something legal to cope. It doesn't look that bad but scratch the surface and it isn't great.

The thing is...

The number of Porsche and Benz SUV's that they arrive in is CRAZY considering the income bracket we are talking about. Not so long ago it would have simply been impossible but now anyone who can service their mortgage can get a 100K car... and they do! Mind you it will be poor pitiful me and predatory lending when it goes tits up and they lose the house!

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I'm hearing LOTS of conservative heavy hitters say it is the go, it's freaking me out man. I keep putting off dealing with it and I keep stumbling on the same thing ---> It all depends on government attitudes to it and they are going to get desperate! That is my one issue, always has been, otherwise it's a good thing.
You nailed it.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I don’t know too many people who are smart AND I trust. Happy to receive guidance. (wink wink nod nod).
Yeah... I remember the techwreck, especially the phase when I thought I'd lost it and just didn't get it. The bit just before the BOOM. You know.. older, wiser, slower... hmmmmm.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Almost lunch and we have crept up to ~+2% in a nice steady move. This is the sort of day that you get the solid feel that professional buying gives you. Nobody is chasing but they are soaking up ALL the selling.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
The thing is, their is so much invested in this space now AND the development/innovation is something that the government CANNOT even hope to replicate. It shows great promise and will change ALL our systems for the better. It impacts anything that involves a contract be it social, legal or financial. Voting, record keeping, capital raising, money lending, banking... it goes on and on! It will be/is a revolution. Given all that, it would be a predatory and ignorant government that just seeks to shut the space down, one that is willing to shoot its own feet out to stay in control. That is to say it would be pointless. They are at a point where they almost have to come to an equitable arrangement that suits all parties to some degree. They may be there now, this maybe the way the space is treated going forward... it is just that US transition to crypto that scares me and I know it is coming... maybe 10/20 years however! I'm always way early with these things.

Lancers32

Silver Miner
I thought Jim Willie was the craziest son of a beech in the gold and silver space until I listened to the latest interview Greg Hunter did with the Baloney Pony. My God.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I thought Jim Willie was the craziest son of a beech in the gold and silver space until I listened to the latest interview Greg Hunter did with the Baloney Pony. My God.
Got a link? Because I feel you.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
The IMF put out a paper in 2015. The idea is to implement crypto worldwide and attach a 3% tax to it. Deposit 100 and you get 97 back. Thats per annum so if you leave it in your account for the next year you lose another 3%.

https://www.imf.org/en/Publications/WP/Issues/2016/12/31/Breaking-Through-the-Zero-Lower-Bound-43358

The guy did a video on it the other day.

So the question to ask is do you think the governments and feds around the world will also competition in the crypto space to escape their tax? Probably not. Once everything goes crypto they will just ban transactions from anything outside of the system. Just my opinion.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Biblical...

Spooky thing is he has nailed some cycles...

Circus trick?!

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
The IMF put out a paper in 2015. The idea is to implement crypto worldwide and attach a 3% tax to it. Deposit 100 and you get 97 back. Thats per annum so if you leave it in your account for the next year you lose another 3%.

https://www.imf.org/en/Publications/WP/Issues/2016/12/31/Breaking-Through-the-Zero-Lower-Bound-43358

The guy did a video on it the other day.

So the question to ask is do you think the governments and feds around the world will also competition in the crypto space to escape their tax? Probably not. Once everything goes crypto they will just ban transactions from anything outside of the system. Just my opinion.
They will have to ban gold and btc etc...

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
They will have to ban gold and btc etc...
The cryptos are easy to ban. Gold has been banned before. So few use it now, I'm not sure if they even need to ban it.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
The cryptos are easy to ban. Gold has been banned before. So few use it now, I'm not sure if they even need to ban it.
Negative rates will mean that people will run to anything of value, if they ban gold & btc it will be silver, then copper, then barbie dolls (whatever!) etc... People will find the nearest perfect money that they can. It's a fucking looney idea! Lets destroy the store of value function and expect people to still treat it as money. Only a fucking academic could come up with shit like that!

Pardon my French but it just gobsmacks me that "intelligent" folk come up with these schemes. So smart they are STUPID!

{sigh}

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Miners are again bid higher in premarket trade.

Lancers32

Silver Miner
Cycle analysts scratching their heads at this point. Called for a turn last week yet the metals refuse to give much ground. Gold still needs to close over $1920.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

Lancers32

Silver Miner
Seeing a bit of a reversal in the pm complex. Still don't trust the move higher. $ might well surprise to the upside. Not a lot but enough to do some damage.

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

Lancers32

Silver Miner
Square whoever the hell that is bought $50 million Shitcoin today. ETHE up nearly 15% GBTC up over 8%.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
The End Game Ep. 8 - Dr. Marc Faber
October 7, 2020

Bill and Grant welcome the one and only Dr. Marc Faber, author and publisher of the Gloom Boom and Doom Report to The End Game to seek his perspective on what comes next.

Lessons the world can learn from the Japanese experience, the Asian reality versus the perspective offered by Western media outlets and the difference between China Bears and China Bashers are all discussed as is the ultimate fate of the US dollar - something Dr. Faber labels a 'time bomb'.

So sit back, relax and join us for an hour of vintage Faber

https://ttmygh.podbean.com/e/teg_0008/

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
ASX Gold Tribe are sitting on +~2% @ lunch today, yesterday we fell back to flat EOD. We seem to have careful buying in play.

I'm wondering what will happen if gold prices in a Biden win (supposedly gold positive) and Trump wins. If we rally into Nov it might be a short term sell the news event. Either Biden wins and it is priced in so we get a moderate sell off or Trumps wins and we get hit harder. That is assuming we rally into Nov.

Either way they are both going to spend big fiscally speaking so I can't see it lasting.

Just musing!

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
ASX Gold Tribe are sitting on +~2% @ lunch today, yesterday we fell back to flat EOD.
Held it into EOD, not bad for a Friday.

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Biden win (supposedly gold positive) and Trump wins.
This won't be knows for years....... expect chaos not order.