• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding high finance, politics, constructionist Constitution, and mental masturbation of all types"

The Lunatic Fringe - Trading talk.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
This won't be knows for years....... expect chaos not order.
Yes, unfortunately. Expect confusion and chaos. Probably gold positive but not positive overall. [It is part of the plan.]

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
The minors are bid higher in premarket trade this morning.

Lancers32

Silver Miner
Majors too. How many times can resistance be tested before it goes? The rally off the lows a couple of weeks back have been on low volume but that might not mean much at this point.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Majors too. How many times can resistance be tested before it goes? The rally off the lows a couple of weeks back have been on low volume but that might not mean much at this point.
Ha ha ha. "Miners." I leave minors alone. :)

Lancers32

Silver Miner
Seems we recovered the losses from Tuesday which was a news related sell off. Do you trust news related moves?

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
We need to get through this resistance and then the 50dma.

[1928 and then about 1939-1940.]

Wp2KtLi1.png

Last edited:

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++

Lancers32

Silver Miner
Well at least I wasn't short. :secret: See some looking to short Gold at $1930 I think we're off. FOMO day. Either gap up or down Monday I think up but lately I am about as good a fade as there is. Silver miners.

Lancers32

Silver Miner
Spot Gold closes the week above $1920. Can't wait any longer. Miners while WAY off the late September lows are a good bit below the early August highs. Outsmarted myself long enough. Humble pie.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Spot Gold closes the week above $1920. Can't wait any longer. Miners while WAY off the late September lows are a good bit below the early August highs. Outsmarted myself long enough. Humble pie.
Welcome aboard!

:oriental:

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
My Weekend Trend Trader system has zero sales and 8 purchases for the open on Monday. That will bring me back up to 20 positions and 100% invested.

S&P 500 closed the week above the 10 week moving average, so we are in condition green. Trailing stop losses are set to 40%.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Of the 8 stocks I will be purchasing on Monday, here is the chart I like the most.

Olin Corp (OLN).

[It had been walking down the stairs but now appears to want to begin walking up the stairs.]

8LlmzKxg.png

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Watch for the guys who told you to look for a new low in Silver to tell you to watch for the resistance at $26.
Should be a hot knife thru butter up to $26. What happens there should set the stage for where we get to year end.

The US Mint is reportedly raising prices on their silver products. Makes you wonder who knows what over there.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I need to forget about Gold and Silver and just tag along. You are killing it.
The crash kind of sucked. But we're back positive.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Gold Daily. Looks like a breakout, not a strong one but a breakout. However....

Untitled.jpg

Gold Weekly... It looks very unconvincing to me at the moment.

Untitled1.jpg

I'd want to see that 1970-2000 level challenged next week, and hard.

Also GDX is not looking broken out. Silver has work to do and I'm just not buying it at this very second.

As nice as it is to see a good solid price bump I think gold is sucking in some fresh blood for the slaughtering near term. I think we probably see one more swing low then we should see gold stock leadership out. I will not be surprised if we do 1800 ish in the next couple of weeks and IMO that makes it stronger and dosen't break a thing.

Hopefully I'm wrong and you can breakout the beach balls and rockets... but... please don't, just yet.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Negative rates will mean that people will run to anything of value, if they ban gold & btc it will be silver, then copper, then barbie dolls (whatever!) etc... People will find the nearest perfect money that they can. It's a fucking looney idea! Lets destroy the store of value function and expect people to still treat it as money. Only a fucking academic could come up with shit like that!

Pardon my French but it just gobsmacks me that "intelligent" folk come up with these schemes. So smart they are STUPID!

{sigh}
I agree 100% . Unfortunately they have run out of options. This accomplishes several things for them.
Complete control over everyone on the planet. (Yea a few will escape.) A hidden or not so hidden 3% tax and maybe more if people are stupid enough to save. And of course this means everyone is chasing goods in the economy.

I don't like it and for now there is still the metals to get around it if need be.

Based on the bill that is in congress I assume this is coming fairly soon. Probably not this year or early next but could happen by the end of next year. The good news is this will be a 20-30 year implementation so I should be dead by the time it happens completely.

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
Savage

Lancers32

Silver Miner
Maybe someone who follows a guy who uses cycles can tell me one who is better than a coin flip but I haven't found one yet. There are a couple I read on Twitter and they are wrong as often as right. Left translate right translate cycle inversion. Nah.
I had to laugh when I listened to this video.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Me too a little. Predicting is hard. Especially about the future.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
This is still a *maybe*.

[Nothing has changed.]

chart-27.png

[Hey, it could happen.]

Lancers32

Silver Miner
I guess I'm one of the younger whipper snappers on here (32), guess when you old timers are gone I'll live to see all the destruction you guys talk about being dead before it happens. I can't even imagine what my son is going to witness in his life.

Hey I still got 30 years left to watch this shit show unfold.

Lancers32

Silver Miner
While waiting on the C leg down CDE has gone from $6.50 to $8.20 HL from $4.60 to $5.30 SILJ from $12.79 to $15.03. At some point you have to decide what price you are satisfied with and just move on.
Look at the March low. CDE low 2 closed at 2.50. Kinda hard to buy a stock 25% off the bottom on the same day.

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Hey I still got 30 years left to watch this shit show unfold.
Yeah, me too. And the way research is going, by that time they will have affordable ways to extend the misery.

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
While waiting on the C leg down CDE has gone from $6.50 to $8.20 HL from $4.60 to $5.30 SILJ from $12.79 to $15.03. At some point you have to decide what price you are satisfied with and just move on.
Look at the March low. CDE low 2 closed at 2.50. Kinda hard to buy a stock 25% off the bottom on the same day.
I started dollar cost averaging in, holding and daily puking at $14.
Now that it's up, I'm waffling on my price target.
Probably should just set a stop loss and not look at it til christmas.