• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

The Lunatic Fringe - Trading talk.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Yes, and note that the "good news" was that the vaccine was 90% effective. So which 10% of us still need to cower in place wearing masks?

[All of us.]
LOL.

They love masks.

As far as I can ascertain they actually increase your risk as they are used out here in the real world! They have a place is hospitals and other circumstances but they follow strict protocols and use them in certain circumstances, it isn't about containing viruses per-say. Here only the people OVER the patient in an operating theater wear them. That is more about droplet control. The rest of the people in back to the room are mask free.

maybe @savvydon will tell me I am nuts but I reckon these damn things are putting me more @ risk.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
He means Georgia, not the whole thing? Right?

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
There is a greater than zero chance that Biden will not win. But Trump needs more than Georgia to pull it off. Rumors are that he is seriously working on it.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
There is a greater than zero chance that Biden will not win. But Trump needs more than Georgia to pull it off. Rumors are that he is seriously working on it.
It's 2020... frankly I gave up believing that anything can or can't happen months ago!

:popcorn:

Currently I'm trying to work out how Harris got there... she seems to be deeply unpopular in her own party. How does that work?!

Looks kinda like she has a very good chance of inheriting the throne!

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Frankly, that's something we're all trying to figure out.
Hell, many of us are still trying to figure out how Joe got there.
It just looks to me that a women that even the Democrats don't really want might be president in a year or two.

That's astonishing.

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
LOL.

They love masks.

As far as I can ascertain they actually increase your risk as they are used out here in the real world! They have a place is hospitals and other circumstances but they follow strict protocols and use them in certain circumstances, it isn't about containing viruses per-say. Here only the people OVER the patient in an operating theater wear them. That is more about droplet control. The rest of the people in back to the room are mask free.

maybe @savvydon will tell me I am nuts but I reckon these damn things are putting me more @ risk.
My (very limited) understanding is that the standard masks in use are only of value to help contain droplet particles so that those in the immediate vicinity will not be at risk when an infectious person coughs, sneezes or yells. You are correct that these masks are typically used by surgical folk when they are elbow deep into someone's body. The masks in use by hospital workers in an infectious setting are N95s, which actually help protect the user from having their nasopharyngeal exposed to virus particles. The best way to protect oneself from the virus in public spaces is to be aware of common surfaces like door handles etc and use hand sanitizer as needed.

As more people become infected (10million and counting currently in the US), when is it going to be ok to not make people wear masks? A person who is not acutely infectious accomplishes absolutely zero by wearing a common mask in public.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Listening to Kamala attack old Joe before they got married... it's a dirty game. Everyone of them will turn around and squeeze up their own tales if it suits them.

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Anyone we know?
Ummmm, just let me clarify that I'm comforted by the padding of the chair I am currently sitting on.

If you continue down from the 11% mark over your way you might wish to add some extra padding as well.;)

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
A person who is not acutely infectious accomplishes absolutely zero by wearing a common mask in public.
IMO, the typical civilian mask gets saturated enough to be a bridge from the outside to inside. The area inside the mask is as humid as anything and helps the transfer into your system. You tend to touch the outside of the mask, unlike medical staff, transferring anything on your hands to the mask AND anything float past lands on it staying there. All up it looks to me like they up the duration of any exposure you may get. Net/net I really believe that they up your risk! They are a total feel good reaction... yes we are doing something, while in reality it's nothing and maybe worse.

JMO etc.

So OVER masks!

LOL.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
If you continue down from the 11% mark over your way you might wish to add some extra padding as well.;)
I'm ready for it... I expected it sooner. Thought I had it wrong and was thinking about flipping and chasing price. I hate doing that, this feels more natural to me!

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I believe so. The chances of him having success in the multiple places that would be required to achieve an electoral majority are astronomically small.
Yeah that's the message most are giving out.

If it turns away from Biden I'd hide inside for a while.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

Lancers32

Silver Miner
It's 2020... frankly I gave up believing that anything can or can't happen months ago!

:popcorn:

Currently I'm trying to work out how Harris got there... she seems to be deeply unpopular in her own party. How does that work?!

Looks kinda like she has a very good chance of inheriting the throne!
They call her Heels up Harris. Should I go on?

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

Voodoo

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I picked up a tweet that a second wall was being erected around the white house.

Anyone confirm this?

Strawboss

Apocaloptimist
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I picked up a tweet that a second wall was being erected around the white house.

Anyone confirm this?
Its a non-climbable fence - not a wall...but yeah - its a real thing.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Up in pre would have rather seen down. Probably make today's highs very early could be wrong not buying green.
Oddly flat. Leads me to expect the second push is coming.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Oh yeah. Per the WTT rules I sold SEDG at the open (POP) on Monday for a gain of 69.24%.

Yp19VlcF.png

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I described before my "slow trade" system for trading my retirement accounts. When SPX closes the month above the 20 month moving average I go long the market. When SPX closes the month below the 20 month moving average I go back to cash.

Everyone agreed that this is not a very good trading system. I agreed too, but I trade it anyway. I'm mostly trying to avoid the big big crashes, like 2000, 2008, etc. Fortunately I was not yet trading it when the latest big crash occurred, but it would not have done very well here.

I recently had an idea that I believe constitutes an improvement. Actually in my account I hold about 50% in a guaranteed income fund which accrues a small amount of interest. It is like cash. This is by choice. Since I am doing that anyway this is not a part of the system that I don't like.

When the SPX crashes below the 20 month moving average I could end up giving a lot back. So I recently decided to rebalance. I have been in the market for over 6 months, I'm currently in the 7th month. And the markets have done great. So I'm no longer 50/50 in cash/stocks. So I rebalanced to 50/50 by moving funds out of stocks and back to cash. By doing that I'm basically taking profits. Should we crash again I will not give those funds back again. I lock in those gains.

It's still not perfect but I think a rebalance quarterly or even every 6 months would greatly improve the simple system that is this.

[So using the 20 month moving average in conjunction with periodic rebalancing, I think is a reasonable improvement.]

Zyaly45h.png