• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

The Lunatic Fringe - Trading talk.

Voodoo

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I think the issue with Twitter is that they give moderator keys to emotional kids that want to create a safe space for their type. I'm not even sure it is Twitter as a company, I think it's mainly free ranging employees doing whatever they like with no recourse for the user. These kids have been educated to silence any opposition and not debate anything. Democracy is dead because they are undemocratic and they are the future.
Did you see Jack Dorsey presenting before Congress critters? Yeah he looked like he could have been in the Taliban. I'm sure that environment was fostered on purpose.

Voodoo

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
GDX tried to fill the gap so far no go. Gold could try to backtest $1840 before going lower but I would not chase any rallies at this point. Just looks like an oversold bounce to me.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Michael Oliver guesses about $10,000 for gold. Remember when that sounded just silly?

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Gold Daily : My current thinking is that a little push below the 200DMA is the end of this. That pretty well has to happen in the next 3 trading days if it is correct. Right on the December delivery window opening. I had to fight the urge to buy yesterday, which I do because I am typically too trigger happy in these situations. Looking like 1788 might be the line!

Untitled.jpg

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Michael Oliver guesses about $10,000 for gold. Remember when that sounded just silly?

Yes. Still not sure but against 100K it sounds sober!

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

Rickards is saying 15K and that if he is wrong he is on the low side.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Rickards is saying 15K and that if he is wrong he is on the low side.
I marked Rickards as some disinfo agent. Maybe it is just aggressive marketing. But I fade him with prejudice. Could be wrong. Oliver has track record.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Some idiot kid @ twitter has just altered my handle to make things harder. I hope parler kills them. LOL.

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Mining share analysis. They don't all bottom together but it would have served better to buy the last 2 trips down. Some bottomed 9-24 some 10/29 not many yesterday. Supposedly the DSI has improved quite a bit not to an extreme but some of the bulls have been shaken.

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Some idiot kid @ twitter has just altered my handle to make things harder. I hope parler kills them. LOL.
If you want Twitter use a different email and sign up again. From what I have heard Parler is a mess to navigate.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
If you want Twitter use a different email and sign up again. From what I have heard Parler is a mess to navigate.
Not getting codes back to do that, I can't register. They are up to something @ the moment, it is this bloody election the machine is in high gear!

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Apparently Trump pardoning Michael Flynn releases him from a gag order. So we can probably assume that he has summin to say about this 'stuff'.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Gold Daily : My current thinking is that a little push below the 200DMA is the end of this. That pretty well has to happen in the next 3 trading days if it is correct. Right on the December delivery window opening. I had to fight the urge to buy yesterday, which I do because I am typically too trigger happy in these situations. Looking like 1788 might be the line!

View attachment 190452
You do realize that because I posted this it won't happen... don't you?

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
hang in there zed,

looking for the 'about' bottom and going to get ready for a push

when stocks went down early this year, it took metals with it,

but we do have the usd continuing to slip, now painting 92's, and just tipped below 92,
possibly looking for a breakdown lower as it sits right on support now

so we have this unresolved situation where dollar continues to flop around and even go lower, and yet metals get thumped,

to me, agree with you that looking around now is a good idea, then just shoot for a end of year into next run higher

but I think you meant to say a small push below the 50dma, as the 200 is way back there,

g.jpg

d.png

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
hang in there zed,

looking for the 'about' bottom and going to get ready for a push

when stocks went down early this year, it took metals with it,

but we do have the usd continuing to slip, now painting 92's, and just tipped below 92,
possibly looking for a breakdown lower as it sits right on support now

so we have this unresolved situation where dollar continues to flop around and even go lower, and yet metals get thumped,

to me, agree with you that looking around now is a good idea, then just shoot for a end of year into next run higher

but I think you meant to say a small push below the 50dma, as the 200 is way back there,

View attachment 190508

View attachment 190509
It's close... buying is frustrating but typically they rush in just a little early and I don't want to get caught in that. I think there is more here and it could be REALLY volatile.

In order to dissuade delivery I think that they will push low into the opening of December.

I think you are looking at the 200WMA (weekly), we are on the 200DMA which has been a traditional target in this game.

I really do believe that the USD will rally with gold here and that gold is soft with the USD. I think that, at least in the short term, their drivers are aligned. Don't be surprised if the USD rallies then gold follows with a lag. The initial USD rally will suck in the "sell gold" knee jerk reaction which is what they want.

The Alasdair Macleod interview @ KWN (sorry!) was interesting when he talked about the swap dealers. I think that they are, as we say "playing for sheep stations" here. The loses could be big if they lose control.

2c FWIW.

Last edited:

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
It's close... buying is frustrating but typically they rush in just a little early and I don't want to get caught in that. I think there is more here and it could be REALLY volatile.

In order to dissuade delivery I think that they will push low into the opening of December.

I think you are looking at the 200WMA (weekly), we are on the 200DMA which has been a traditional target in this game.

I really do believe that the USD will rally with gold here and that gold is soft with the USD. I think that, at least in the short term, their drivers are aligned. Don't be surprised if the USD rallies then gold follows with a lag. The initial USD rally will suck in the "sell gold" knee jerk reaction which is what they want.

The Alasdair Macleod interview @ KWN (sorry!) was interesting when he talked about the swap dealers. I think that they are, as we say "playing for sheep stations" here. The loses could be big if they lose control.

2c FWIW.

Typically the buy is before a bottom or after. :2 thumbs up:Pick your poison. Gold is already off $275 how much more is there to go?

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Typically the buy is before a bottom or after. :2 thumbs up:Pick your poison. Gold is already off $275 how much more is there to go?
Looking @ various gold miners so it depends on their chart,

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Little more down maybe. Probably go a lot higher.
Agreed. Just a little profit taking. Catching it's breath.
More upside potential than downside risk, IMO.
Broke the nominal all time highs, but way more participants this time around.

Voodoo

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

Scorpio

Hunter of Chin Li's Boo Hoo Flu
Founding Member
Board Elder
Site Mgr
Midas Supporter ++
thanks zed, you are correct, I was on the weekly not the daily

and as you stated, we are standing right on the 200

sc.png

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
thanks zed, you are correct, I was on the weekly not the daily

and as you stated, we are standing right on the 200

View attachment 190583
It is just a perfect setup for that typical dip below the average to shake the weaker hands out. We have seen it so many times!

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Silver down sharply couple I follow barely budging pre market so far anyway. We go deep in the Bitcoin and Etherium Greyscale stocks I am going to venture in today.