• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

The Lunatic Fringe - Trading talk.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
In the broad markets it appears only the leaders are pushing SPX higher. Smaller names are weak. This is not a good sign for the overall market.

[From where I sit.]
The market has been very focused this year. In reality it is just those 7 stocks that dominate the s&P 500.

If you remember Martin Armstrong predicted that the money would come to the states and go to the Blue chips. I guess the modern day nifty 50 are this raft of tech companies that we now have. If he is correct and the money starts flowing back into the states with the dollar rising we are probably going to see really over the top numbers in those 7 stocks while the rest of the market languishes.

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
The market has been very focused this year. In reality it is just those 7 stocks that dominate the s&P 500.

If you remember Martin Armstrong predicted that the money would come to the states and go to the Blue chips. I guess the modern day nifty 50 are this raft of tech companies that we now have. If he is correct and the money starts flowing back into the states with the dollar rising we are probably going to see really over the top numbers in those 7 stocks while the rest of the market languishes.
The initial rally off the March bottom was the FAANG stocks anyway wasn't it? This entire market is nuts you ask me.

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I sense "they" are trying to prevent gold from closing the year above the 2011 highs.

I'm not in the manipulation camp, but these things do strangely happen.
Looks like 'they' are hell bent on silver below $26.50 or so and the dollar above 90. Seems to be a fairly epic battle. I'm betting the new year sees it give... one way or another.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
December Gold Deliveries 30,089 with 96 open. Jan has 1,276 open.

December Silver Deliveries 9,937 with 11 open. Jan has 1,011 open.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
DXY Monthly Momentum (Annual Momentum)

mAE8TygY.png

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Deeper than I really wanted to go. GBTC premium is now down to 11% was as high as 35% last week. According to this there is some Bitcoin coming on to the market which should pressure price. 23-24K looks like a decent place to buy or reload.

https://hackernoon.com/grayscales-gbtc-pump-effect-means-2021-will-start-slow-0gu340l
Not working out according to plan. 30K is a big round number but maybe we see Keiser's target of 35K before the inevitable smack down.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
@Zed do you use, or are you familiar with AmiBroker? It allows for development of quantitative strategies (trading systems) with extensive back-testing and portfolio back-testing. If so, or if not, are you familiar with other platforms that could perform the same function? Are they better or worse than AmiBroker?

I'm close to buying AmiBroker.

[Asking for a friend...]

https://www.amibroker.com

Last edited:

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
FSM daily chart.

DZpCWT6U.png

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
Silver miners are again leading everything else. So many silver miners are breaking out to new highs, and many of the others are breaking out of clear consolidations. All while gold miners still haven't even broken out yet. I honestly don't remember the last time I've seen action like this. Seems extremely bullish to me. Silver is looking like it's set for a strong move in Q1 2021.

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
The US government has sent a clear signal to us peons. If you think you are going to get a UBI think again. They barely managed to pull a $600 handout out of their a$$. No intention of doing anything other than complete dominance and extinction. Best make as much coin the next few years as you can.

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Silver miners are again leading everything else. So many silver miners are breaking out to new highs, and many of the others are breaking out of clear consolidations. All while gold miners still haven't even broken out yet. I honestly don't remember the last time I've seen action like this. Seems extremely bullish to me. Silver is looking like it's set for a strong move in Q1 2021.
Today's action was indeed impressive. Silver inching up toward 27 and the dollar now broken below 90. I think if the next 24 hours stays green we will be finishing the week/year on extremely solid ground for the PMs - gold flirting with 1900 again and platinum eyeballing 1100. Not only is the GSR eyeing 70 but the gold to platinum ratio has come down significantly recently. If we get below 1.50 or so I think platinum is off to the races as well.

BTW, I took some money off the table this afternoon on part of my Jan SLV options. Also placed a stop limit below the rest but leaving some room to move higher for the rest before expiration on the 15th.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
@Zed do you use, or are you familiar with AmiBroker? It allows for development of quantitative strategies (trading systems) with extensive back-testing and portfolio back-testing. If so, or if not, are you familiar with other platforms that could perform the same function? Are they better or worse than AmiBroker?

I'm close to buying AmiBroker.

[Asking for a friend...]

https://www.amibroker.com
I've played with the trial version but I am no expert, I've been a desktop Metastock EOD user from way back and I am using a very old version @ that. I really don't know what I'd go for if I had to go again. I've got quite a bit of legacy stuff in MS so there I got stuck! I'm not even across their current offering and I'm going to assume you have checked them out. --> https://www.metastock.com/

From memory AmiBroker was a good "bang for buck" but not quite up to MS, that said it was more than enough to do well with.

Sorry I can't be of more help, I'm a bit stuck in the past... but it works... and I'm lazier these days.

:-)

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Happy New Year!

3:30 of 2020 left here.

In order for 2021 to out do 2020 I fully expect the planet to instantaneously explode into trillion Oreo sized pieces @ the stoke of mid night so if I don't see you again --> So long and thanks for all the fish!

2021... bring it!

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I've played with the trial version but I am no expert, I've been a desktop Metastock EOD user from way back and I am using a very old version @ that. I really don't know what I'd go for if I had to go again. I've got quite a bit of legacy stuff in MS so there I got stuck! I'm not even across their current offering and I'm going to assume you have checked them out. --> https://www.metastock.com/

From memory AmiBroker was a good "bang for buck" but not quite up to MS, that said it was more than enough to do well with.

Sorry I can't be of more help, I'm a bit stuck in the past... but it works... and I'm lazier these days.

:-)
Thank-you, sir!

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Happy New Year, Zed!

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Amazon weekly chart with revised triangle lines respecting the highs and lows. Should be interesting before the end of February.

rwOdyFkL.png

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Amazon weekly chart with revised triangle lines respecting the highs and lows. Should be interesting before the end of February.
It looks good.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
There are 435 members of the House of Representatives
Currently:
222 Democrats
211 Republicans
2 current election result still undecided

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
There are 435 members of the House of Representatives
Currently:
222 Democrats
211 Republicans
2 current election result still undecided
Is a simple majority required?

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
140 makes a stink. Not more than that But try to unsmelll a stink.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
A YouTube friend of mine asked the question. If your underwear and your jeans don’t stop your fart from smelling, how is a mask going to stop a virus from spreading?

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
A YouTube friend of mine asked the question. If your underwear and your jeans don’t stop your fart from smelling, how is a mask going to stop a virus from spreading?
Viruses only hang out in droplets don't ya know?

This whole idea hinges on the notion that if you are a sneezing mess then the aerosol is limited in it's spread. Which is about the only circumstance it helps IMO. Provided it is a clean, untouched, regularly replaced germ tampon mask. Otherwise I'm willing to bet that it ups your risk JMO etc...

https://swprs.org/face-masks-evidence/

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Gold Dec 2020 EOM Deliveries 30,089
Silver Dec 2020 EOM Deliveries 9,337

In any other year those are impressive numbers, but for 2020... yawn!