• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

The Lunatic Fringe - Trading talk.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I suppose he could mean in a political sense.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I could use some direction and I believe if anybody would know what to do, it would be youse guys and gals.
I have 3 physical stock certificates for ZBH. Currently trading at $154.09. This is now a dividend paying stock so I receive a check for $.78 every 3 months. I haven't watched what it has been doing but just looking at the 3 year history, I see it hasn't seen much action.
I'm wondering what I could do with my fortunes. Any suggestions?

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
The chart looks like it is consolidating for a move higher. What dose it owe you?

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
The chart looks like it is consolidating for a move higher. What dose it owe you?
I agree. It wants to go higher soon.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Probabilities of rolling 2 dice. Just because it's cool.

Window_and__42__The_Importance_of_Being_Stationary_-_YouTube.jpg

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Don’t watch if you scare easily.

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
GDX still struggling to get over the downtrend line and 50-DMA. It's like a game of whack-a-mole. Every time it's touched the 50-DMA over the past 3 weeks, it gets smacked down hard.
The downtrend line is thin so you can see the 50-DMA.
Worth noting for the bears is we are about to see a "death cross" of the 50 & 200 DMA's.

scgdx.png

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
gold to miners ratio still contained. It needs to start making higher highs before we can say that we are in back in bull market. Daily chart shows nothing but sideways movement. Weekly charts, however, looks like it's poised to move higher.
So, nothing positive to see yet, but on the positive side, it's not going to take much to make it turn positive, and the miners start to lead once again in typical bull market fashion.
gdx-gold.png

Weekly chart shows the ratio is poised to burst higher.
scration.png

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I know that a lot of people from my generation gravitate towards Gold and Silver not so much younger people though.

Gold needs to close over 1915. Silver over 26.50 preferably over 27.50 or these markets are still subject to another smackdown.

Seems like Bitcoin is eating the World now. Alt coins moving out too this weekend. Would not sleep on Bitcoin in favor of Gold and Silver. This might surprise.

I know that a lot of people from my generation gravitate towards Gold and Silver not so much younger people though.

Gold needs to close over 1915. Silver over 26.50 preferably over 27.50 or these markets are still subject to another smackdown.

Seems like Bitcoin is eating the World now. Alt coins moving out too this weekend. Would not sleep on Bitcoin in favor of Gold and Silver. This might surprise.
For the kids, if it is not virtual and on the internet, it is not real.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Been sailing...

Gold looks good, looks like a break on the daily but... lets get through the Comex before we get too excited.

~5% in the ASX Gold tribe today, not too foul!

Going sailing for a few days this week... maybe that's the juice! LOL.

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Been sailing...

Gold looks good, looks like a break on the daily but... lets get through the Comex before we get too excited.

~5% in the ASX Gold tribe today, not too foul!

Going sailing for a few days this week... maybe that's the juice! LOL.
Metals still strong as we approach the Comex. The boys in London, who had have been bonking the heck out of the metals all December, laid down and let them fly today, so perhaps this time it's different.

Z, I can't think of a better way to tune into what is really real than sail into some wide open spaces. Enjoy!

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
And it looks like it's going to back test possibly fill the gap. Might be a good buy with a tight stop

That's down to $8.40. That what you are looking at? HL and CDE looking like they want to fill the gaps. Dollar hammer so far this might have been a fakeout break up in the pm. We shall see.

Varmint Hunter

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter ++
Recognition day

hernancortes

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
BITW premium cometh down still. Those who bought this over 100 wont be seen again, they know they bet on the wrong fund.

Last edited:

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
BITW premium cometh down still. Those who bought this over 100 wont be seen again, they know bet on the wrong fund.

Premium om GBTC is around 13% now but there is further risk of downside in Bitcoin from these levels. Not the worst vehicle but if you can find a way to play spot you might do a bit better.

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Dan Durrett thinks Gold and Silver were up big today because of the Georgia elections? Did anyone not living under a rock not know the Georgia elections have been in progress? This guy writes a newsletter? Today's move could have been a head fake but come on.