• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

The Lunatic Fringe - Trading talk.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Ze Zedmiester, if the U.S. gets Jo and Da Ho as leaders, the lockdowns and fear factor will be off the charts. Dark winter will come.
It can always be worse.
Yeah... it kinda feels like that's a possibility.

I hear that Joe is only up for one term and wants no more, so I guess he can let rip with the wish list!

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I blame this all on Zed and his decision to go sailing.
Screw it... I don't care! Today we came 7th in a big (40 odd boats) mixed fleet sailing a 35 year old 38 footer. Everything in front of us SHOULD have beaten us easily, we were too close for their comfort and we had plenty of big expensive stuff behind us. We packed the old war horse full of good dinghy sailors and took the fight right up to the old keel boat boys. It's a lot of fun stirring them up, they tend to check book race and our boat is worth a fraction of some of them, albeit well maintained. That really bursts some blood vessels out on course! Dinghy sailors are always the better sailors. Nothing like being chucked in the water every time you screw up to sharpen your skills!

Last edited:

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Closed almost a buck above the daily low. Very heavy volume day.
Came back reasonably well. I was almost able to get out from some of my calls bought earlier. Still have them though. Last time we had a candle like that was back in September, and it was just a springboard to go lower. However, that was a Monday occurrence. This one being Friday, perhaps TPTB will be hungover and/or contrite come this Monday. We see:

screenshot_121.png

louky

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Pgvi was the other one people got really passionate about calling a scam due to no recent activity, no info available or whatever. Said load anything under $2 or even just grab 100 shares to sit on. Revival takes time, but looks like some updates have been coming thru.....

Screenshot_20210109-073836_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210109-074115_Chrome.jpg

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
The danger is if you always only read or visit pm positive websites or YouTube channels is that you are always only going to see days like yesterday as spoofing or manipulation. While this is possible most likely probable you have to trade what is in front of you. We could be in the middle of the violent shakeout in the metals before the launch. Silver $19-$20 Gold under $1750 down to $1670. I don't think it is likely but you have to be careful.

For a stock like CDE if it can hold above $9.30 on a closing basis it is a good place to go long. Friday's low $9.38 was a double bottom. IF we cannot hold these levels it most likely will go a lot lower. There are bottoms at $6.50 $6.80 and $7.25. Last low of any significance was $8.25.

$7.91 is halfway $4.38-$11.44. Good luck.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Speaking of Taleb, and Fooled by Randomness, and the frailty of humans...

dpong's WTT strategy did this from 2014 through 2016. THREE YEARS!!

1. Portfolio Equity.png

Nick's advice is to trade through the drawdowns. How can a mere human trade this?

Meanwhile, the overall market is doing this:

[Buy and hold would have outperformed for these 3 years.]

[Heck, even being in cash would have vastly outperformed.]

X6g1z1ss.png

And yet, 2014 through 2016 was but a small part of the journey to this:

1610207661276.png

In a way, the "right thing to do" would have been to continue trading the system. [Maybe.] But how could a mere human do that? And should he? I'm trading WTT and struggling with this eventuality. I mean right now it's great. But what will I do when the time comes? I'm not sure.

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
gold-miners ratio telling us that the miners held up pretty well on Friday's decline. technically, still in a bull trend. So, a shimmer of hope.
sc.png

Last edited:

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

perry

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Still have it all, sitting up 200% or whatever from first mention....headed over a penny. The pop that day was probably when their website finally reactivated, but still no updates
Louky --> I have Business Warrior (BZWR) and up 200% on my trade and holding for a couple years because I see its potential. It's one of those that were recommended by the same guy who recommended GGSM on twitter.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

perry

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I think royalty companies are going to do well in this bull run. I have Osisko Gold Royalties (symbol OR.to or OR) because I see some interesting assets including silver. It could be in for a nice run if they execute properly and they claim (if they are honest) are expected to grow a lot.

perry

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I was in ggsm before the guy on Twitter recommended it, just sayin'
that guy recommended bzwr at .10 waiting it out to such low valuations worked for me. good job (although I saw you copied that guy sunnyland list of stocks though), a good picker though and has his own discord server.

Last edited:

perry

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I wouldn't short tesla in the melt up phase. then a crash later in the year? With Biden in and leadership in his favor, I think he would get the votes for a $2,000 stimulus checks and much bigger deficit spending to come.

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I wouldn't short tesla in the melt up phase. then a crash later in the year? With Biden in and leadership in his favor, I think he would get the votes for a $2,000 stimulus checks and much bigger deficit spending to come.
About the only thing it appears safe to short these days are mining stocks.

perry

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Royalty companies. I would imagine future price appreciation would be based on how good the deals they made are. Beyond me.
thanks for posting the SAND chart. a profitable company with zero debt. a good ceo. And in 2024 they will double output. the problem is that's 3 years away. can be a great long term hold if this decade favors this sector.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Monkey Hammered, I get it. Have you found the bottom yet?

Looking at some SLV calls. Not sure how far to go out and what strike price to buy. While the action this past week was scary I don't think it changes the long term outlook. Silver is still well above $25.

July 28's or might go out to the end of the year. Not sure yet. Seems even the most ardent bulls got scared out of their wits Friday and are looking for lower prices. Could be but I think it is even money we go higher before we go lower but if go much lower Monday you have to buy.

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Looking at some SLV calls. Not sure how far to go out and what strike price to buy. While the action this past week was scary I don't think it changes the long term outlook. Silver is still well above $25.

July 28's or might go out to the end of the year. Not sure yet. Seems even the most ardent bulls got scared out of their wits Friday and are looking for lower prices. Could be but I think it is even money we go higher before we go lower but if go much lower Monday you have to buy.
Don't forget it is not exactly one to one with silver and SLV. While silver closed the weekend at $25 and change, SLV is $23.5. Think the ratio of SLV:silver is about .92

Last edited:

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Don't forget it is not exactly one to one with silver and SLV. While silver closed the weekend at $25 and change, SLV is $23.5. Think the ratio of SLV:silver is about. 92.

Yeah been like $1.70 for like ever. I know. Looking for $200 Silver right? What's a few bucks?:computer:

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Yeah been like $1.70 for like ever. I know. Looking for $200 Silver right? What's a few bucks?:computer:
Right. Dreams of 50 baggers on SLV calls... I do layer them. Have em going out as far as 2 years. Rather than just wait for the moonshot I am learning to take profit off the table when there has been a little run up and add after a beat down. Money management, which Zed has often beat the drum on. It is a tough slog, until the fundamentals kick in, anyway. If they ever kick in...

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
They ran Bitcoin down to 34000 late this afternoon with a couple of hours back to 39000. More down early this week would be healthy.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

JayDubya

pies klasy robotniczej
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Less free every hour it seems.....
But still the most free country in the world. Oppressed people from all over the world still want come here. If it all fall to pieces here, where do we go?

hammerhead

Morphing
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Is everyone who voted Trump going to end up on one of these lists in the end? I mean... innocent until proven guilty, free country and all that. Shouldn't he either be justifiably locked up or free to travel in his own country? WTF?... over..

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/watch-likely-capitol-rioter-booted-plane-being-terrorist
The crazier it gets the better. The progs and the left are digging their own graves. C'mon woman, Joe Biden as POTUS???? Doesn't get much stupider than that.

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Left and Right left? Don't think so. When Joe and Nancy start sending out monster stimulus checks and ram through Medicaire For All then you can call them Progressives. Until then this switch in the WH is meaningless. Second verse same as the first.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
The crazier it gets the better. The progs and the left are digging their own graves. C'mon woman, Joe Biden as POTUS???? Doesn't get much stupider than that.
One could argue that the CCP went into overreach in 1949... and is still there.