• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

The Lunatic Fringe - Trading talk.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Gold is chewing on the 200.

VBG5h36J.png

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Why wouldn't Bitcoin tumble back to 8k or so losing 75-80%?
Why is it going to be different this time?

Well if you believe in the 4 year cycle we are just beginning the new bull phase. Correcting down to 30K is the best thing that could happen. The rise was unsustainable. Buying a bit here.

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I used the partial recovery of silver this morning to place a stop underneath my Friday SLV options. Later on I was stopped out for a modest loss. I used Zed's advice from many hundreds of pages ago to be smart about money management. No one trades right 100% of the time, but how you manage trades gone bad can strongly affect your overall performance. 2c

I still have some open options for late January and mid February which are doing a bit better. Let's see how long they can sit on sister silver...

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
All Right! As of right now, I have 13 soldiers outside the bell curve. A new personal record.

[The one on the right looks like he's trying to get away.]

Window_and_2020_Positions-8.jpg

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
School me how BTC can ever be established as a store of value with the volatility it's seen over and over.
I see bitcoin as pure speculation, an easy trade. Learned of bitcoin when it was around $10, but laughed at the idea, without actually doing any research on it. What a mistake that was!
The newbie millenials buying this with the belief that it's the ultimate safe haven will one day get a wake up call, when it loses 90% of its value overnight. All it will take is a signature on a piece of paper, establishing "fedcoin" as the only legal cryptocurrency to be used for trade. You have to remember - the US government will never compete with privately minted monies. We are a long ways from that yet, so in the meantime I'm going to play it as it is - just speculation.
I should add, that we will likely see this happen in another country first before it happens in the US, but rest assured it's coming.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
All Right! As of right now, I have 13 soldiers outside the bell curve. A new personal record.

[The one on the right looks like he's trying to get away.]

View attachment 197619
Good work!

...but it is a signal to become more defensive. The more you out perform the closer you are to a hammering. Don't believe your own press, tighten up a little and build some dry powder as things improve so that you are ready to go shopping when the others are bleeding.

My uninvited 2c worth.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I don't think the federal govt will ever allow anything other than their coming fed coin to be "money".
That remains my single biggest reservation.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I used the partial recovery of silver this morning to place a stop underneath my Friday SLV options. Later on I was stopped out for a modest loss. I used Zed's advice from many hundreds of pages ago to be smart about money management. No one trades right 100% of the time, but how you manage trades gone bad can strongly affect your overall performance. 2c

I still have some open options for late January and mid February which are doing a bit better. Let's see how long they can sit on sister silver...
Cut the losers and ride the winners. Buy yourself time to be right... it always takes longer than you think.

Simple lessons but they cost me a packet to learn!

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
I don't think the federal govt will ever allow anything other than their coming fed coin to be "money".
It will be a WORLD bank soon not federal...... as soon a beijing joe or da ho gets put in.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
It will be a WORLD bank soon not federal...... as soon a beijing joe or da ho gets put in.
The next big crisis may well see a move to install a global reserve bank.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Sr Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Zed , if this video is inappropriate for this Thread , feel free to delete it.
Hell , Scorp may kick my arse for it.

why? ..cause Max is gonna say some things about gold that may upset some goldbugs....

Max says a lot of interesting things about money in general , the collapse of a central bank , the collapse of the current fiat system , and predicts Bitcoin to $228,000.00 by the end of 2021.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
GSR - Stoch over 80 on the daily is normally a good shorter term entry point for silver.

2c FWIW.

Untitled.jpg

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Zed , if this video is inappropriate for this Thread , feel free to delete it.
Hell , Scorp may kick my arse for it.

why? ..cause Max is gonna say some things about gold that may upset some goldbugs....

Max says a lot of interesting things about money in general , the collapse of a central bank , the collapse of the current fiat system , and predicts Bitcoin to $228,000.00 by the end of 2021.

Nah, it's OK... Max is a media whore and he and that thing he calls a wife bash gold to get attention.

Got a time stamp for it? I don't want anymore Max than I have to this week!

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Yeah... I haven't had a rude word said about my nationality for a while!
His insults were like love letters addressed directly and especially to you. Hope he is ok.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
His insults were like love letters addressed directly and especially to you. Hope he is ok.
I wonder where he has gone? This year should be fun. I guess that the whole election thing must have sent him a bit wild, mebe he needs time to decompress a little.

Wake up @Strawboss

Last edited:

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Good work!

...but it is a signal to become more defensive. The more you out perform the closer you are to a hammering. Don't believe your own press, tighten up a little and build some dry powder as things improve so that you are ready to go shopping when the others are bleeding.

My uninvited 2c worth.
I am but the monkey who turns the handle. What will be will be.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I am but the monkey who turns the handle. What will be will be.
I know that a mechanical system is just that, mechanical... but as per the back test results I'd still tend to build a larger cash position whenever I feel it is going too well.

I wonder if you can backtest the correlation of x% out performance with a following period of under performance and have the system scale back position size once that threshold had been reached.

Just musing!

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I know that a mechanical system is just that, mechanical... but as per the back test results I'd still tend to build a larger cash position whenever I feel it is going too well.

I wonder if you can backtest the correlation of x% out performance with a following period of under performance and have the system scale back position size once that threshold had been reached.

Just musing!
I don't think you are wrong, Let me think about that.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I just watched a video with "protestors" walking past "police" into the capitol buildings.

WT actual F went on there?