• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

The Lunatic Fringe - Trading talk.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
It is nuts. Tesla market cap is more than all the other car companies put together. I see this and I think why not Bitcoin to a million?
Priced for some point beyond perfection. It cannot possibly live up to this 'value' in the real world! Especially not given what we have just done to the economy. -> JMO... but phuck me, insane or what?

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
I wasn't aware of any rule which stated the handle can form halfway into the cup. That is like $1500. Seems low but you never know.
The defining line is a strong resistance point, almost always horizontal, so it is normally quite clear. Break of major support, sell off, rally, test of major support (now resistance), pullback, rally and then the break. It isn't a cup and handle until the break with volume -> JMO.

Last edited:

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I don't know which stocks you are in or are trading but mid tier Silvers I watch are way off the Sept lows. I have January CDE calls that is it in the sector so I got time. Not a lot invested in the sector really and as much as I hate to buy strength if we are going to see crazy high numbers you might as well wait. Constantly checking prices are night was wearing me out we got plenty of time.
I'm not going anywhere. The only thing worse than wallowing in your own swill, is second guessing what you know to be so, and then shooting yourself in the foot because you didn't have the resolve to see something through. I'm sure they'll have to pry my cold dead hands off my miner's before I let go - that is unless we get to the promised land first.

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Might regret it but out of Bitcoin at 38K here. Might run to 40 might make a new high but I am gonna wait until this bleeds off a bit. Who was it that targeted 25K? That would be fine gonna layer in 30-24.

perry

Silver Member
Silver Miner
I don't know which stocks you are in or are trading but mid tier Silvers I watch are way off the Sept lows. I have January CDE calls that is it in the sector so I got time. Not a lot invested in the sector really and as much as I hate to buy strength if we are going to see crazy high numbers you might as well wait. Constantly checking prices are night was wearing me out we got plenty of time.
I have PAAS and I think will do as well.

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Set me straight here...

I thought that this vote was the first step in the impeachment process. Them voting to impeach Trump isn't actually an impeachment, it's just step one.

Is that correct?

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Correct. Crazy nan got the ball started with no investigation. In todays world complicit media create the narrative played 24/7 and convict through the media. They are scared to death of him / us. Pretty ballsy move on their part as 100 million want them dead. But it don't matter because they are fighting for their lives.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Set me straight here...

I thought that this vote was the first step in the impeachment process. Them voting to impeach Trump isn't actually an impeachment, it's just step one.

Is that correct?
He was impeached. But impeachment is like an indictment. They can indict you, but then they still have to convict you for you to be "found guilty." In this case he is impeached, but he is not removed because he hasn't been "convicted" in the Senate.

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I guess the Democratic brain trust figure that if they can get Trump removed officially as Prez a few days early which to me is fockin ridiculous to begin with then anything he might say after that wouldn't incite his followers to riot? Sometimes I cannot believe how totally out of control all of this is and to boot you got stupid mf'ers that buy into this $hit. SMH.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Yep.

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I guess the Democratic brain trust figure that if they can get Trump removed officially as Prez a few days early which to me is fockin ridiculous to begin with then anything he might say after that wouldn't incite his followers to riot? Sometimes I cannot believe how totally out of control all of this is and to boot you got stupid mf'ers that buy into this $hit. SMH.
I could be wrong here but the way I am starting to read the tea leaves is that they wait until Trump is out of power, impeach, find him guilty, then officially ban him from the office so that he can't return. That is about the only thing I can think of that would bring both parties together at this point. Everyone pile on!

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I could be wrong here but the way I am starting to read the tea leaves is that they wait until Trump is out of power, impeach, find him guilty, then officially ban him from the office so that he can't return. That is about the only thing I can think of that would bring both parties together at this point. Everyone pile on!

The guy will be 103 next election. Dems worried about him? Ah this whole thing is a charade. Keep people occupied with this nonsense while they lock you down and lock you up. Fuggit.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I am elated. While testing and tweaking my WTT Strategy on my AmiBroker test platform a discovered, not a bug, but a misconception regarding the buy signal. In fact I was being way too conservative in how I specified a buy situation. [Spare me the details, dpong.]

Bottom line, in backtesting after removing the misconception the results are off the hook, and in fact match returns that Nick was showing in his book. I was showing lower average returns and was curious about that. Now I know.

My "new" system will begin taking advantage in a way that it was not before.

This was very intellectually satisfying and will hopefully be financially satisfying in the future.

[Who else could I tell, but you guys?] Happy day!

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
So you are buying earlier?
Maybe not earlier, but more often.

[You asked for it.]

In his book Nick said to buy a "new" 20 week breakout. Without a testing platform (last year) I mused about what makes a 20 week breakout "new"? Originally I coded to look back 20 weeks and make sure this wasn't like the 2nd or 3rd 20 week breakout in a row. That performed poorly so I settled on an 8 week lookback period. Checking to make sure this was a *NEW* 20 week breakout in the last 8 weeks.

The answer was to scrap all of that and simply buy a 20 week breakout w/o looking back. A 20 week breakout is "new" because it is.

I have tested over longer timeframes and shorter timeframes and the improvement holds over time.

For example, I actually returned 24.04% in 2020. Randy I think is in the 40 something percent range. But some backtest I performed on 2020 were like 89%!! All my testing shows that 2020 was a phenomenal year for trend following and we should not expect it to necessarily be repeated. But the improvements hold in good times and bad. So I'll take it!

[This backtest is for all of 2020]

Windows_10-9.jpg

Last edited:

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Proving they are the uniparty

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
He was impeached. But impeachment is like an indictment. They can indict you, but then they still have to convict you for you to be "found guilty." In this case he is impeached, but he is not removed because he hasn't been "convicted" in the Senate.
OK... thanks.

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Bought some puts expiring tomorrow on GME, it's had a massive explosion in the past two days. Today kind of look like an indecision candle.
WOW... that's an ultra short time line!

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

Zed

The Bullish Bear.
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
That is about the only thing I can think of that would bring both parties together at this point. Everyone pile on!
That will lose the GOP a big chunk of it's base. That's the way it looks to me.

If they can him they are done for a long time.

If he starts up a new party they are split and the Dems win.

The only logical choice politically is to keep him, he is too popular to ignore. Not that I am sayin they will be logical, no one is logical when it comes to T.

Otherwise you have unrestricted Democrats and on the surface of it they look like they are going to royally fuck the economy.

JMO. etc.