• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

The Lunatic Fringe - Trading talk.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Publicity engendered by a new book?

Voodoo

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Once again PSLV leading the way. WTF.
Just since I was curious and bought some shares yesterday (without looking mind you) I went looking through the fact sheet. Still pretty unknown. You could buy physical silver at a discount up until the WSB spike. It's really still very small premium considering where physical coin premiums are right now.

1613167511651.png

Between CEF and PSLV they hold almost 165 million ounces of silver. That's a good sized chunk.

Last edited:

Voodoo

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Silver was up 40 cents. PSLV unchanged on the day. That was the point I was trying to make.
Paper prices versus physical. Paper is more volatile.

Voodoo

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
The real story that I think you should take away from this week. US Bonds are starting to look like they are showing serious problems. I did add some TBT shares today (inverse of TLT).

1613170079073.png

MA's Socrates is showing a Waterfall in progress on the monthly for 30 yr bonds. For people who may follow his computer.

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
Anyone thinking this week with with spot running in a $1 band..... they are showing they are still in control? ......... until they have to deliver.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Just since I was curious and bought some shares yesterday (without looking mind you) I went looking through the fact sheet. Still pretty unknown. You could buy physical silver at a discount up until the WSB spike. It's really still very small premium considering where physical coin premiums are right now.

View attachment 201764

Between CEF and PSLV they hold almost 165 million ounces of silver. That's a good sized chunk.
The premium/discount to NAV is a reasonable sentiment indicator, if you see 30 again bailout!

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Silver was up 40 cents. PSLV unchanged on the day. That was the point I was trying to make.
Losing premium or lagging? I assume that the kids drove it to a premium that it then lost.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Alright Zed, what's the scoop on Novo?
She's got a beautiful "W" bottom going on here.
View attachment 201751
I'm not sure, off my radar as they are not listed on the ASX!

Must be a good assay floating around a lab somewhere!

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Really? It's an australian mine. I figured it would mainly be listed on the ASX? Strange.
Yeah, not always. Sometimes the US, sometimes Canada, sometimes Aus + one of those. They go where they think they will get the easiest funding I suppose. I think we are tougher on listing requirements than say Canada and your pinks.

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Losing premium or lagging? I assume that the kids drove it to a premium that it then lost.
Nope point is ever since news of this silver squeeze popped up PSLV has been under performing the price of Silver and the pricing of SLV. Up until then it tracked very closely to SLV and the price of Silver. Within a couple hundredths of a % intraday and daily. Curious that the one item which allows for delivery would under perform if there was an imminent default.

The kids never bought it. Never had a premium to SLV the days of trading the CEF discount/premium are long gone.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
When I was watching #silversqueeze on Twitter in the early days of this thing, they were definitely being directed to SLV over anything else. Secondarily they were directed to AG. But SLV was the main push. This may have changed by now, but that is what I saw in the beginning.

So it would not surprise that SLV outperformed *assuming* that these kids are "in command" of this market. I'm not sure that is even true.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Yeah, not always. Sometimes the US, sometimes Canada, sometimes Aus + one of those. They go where they think they will get the easiest funding I suppose. I think we are tougher on listing requirements than say Canada and your pinks.
It trades in Canada as NOVO and in US as NSRPF. I believe the headquarters must be in Canada, I'm guessing.

D-FENZ

Gold Chaser
Midas Supporter
Platinum Bling
My oldest has to go to England in March along with his wife and 3 kids for his job. 2 week quarantine. Proposed 6 month stay. Hopefully he gets back at all.

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/...ple-from-traveling-state-to-state-with-fauci/
~~Snip from a phone call reported at the Armstrong link~~
...“Florida absolutely will not comply,” DeSantis repeated. “Instituting a travel ban or restriction of movement would be a gross example of federal overreach with no grounding in law or science. We have Covid-19 in check, and you’re trying to exert unlawful authority over our state and its people.”

Biden then tacitly threatened to withhold federal funding and to deny Florida access to Covid-19 vaccinations. DeSantis said: “How much do you stand to earn from these vaccines, Dr. Fauci? And, Joe, if you continue with this course of action, I will authorize the state National Guard to protect the movement of Floridians.” Biden responded: “Address me as Mr. President or President Biden.” DeSantis bluntly said: “I will not, and you can go fuck yourself.” DeSantis then hung up...
I like it! But did this really happen or is Martin just making shit up again?

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Not sure if this is the interview but there aren't more than half a dozen Brandt did with Pal. Anyway Brandt says Bitcoin either goes to a million or zero. Brandt commented on Twitter yesterday that he would add more Bitcoin at 44K.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
It trades in Canada as NOVO and in US as NSRPF. I believe the headquarters must be in Canada, I'm guessing.
Yeah, that is a little bit of a red flag for me. Canada is the "wild west" for mining companies IMO.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
So it would not surprise that SLV outperformed *assuming* that these kids are "in command" of this market. I'm not sure that is even true.
True for a brief moment in time.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Nope point is ever since news of this silver squeeze popped up PSLV has been under performing the price of Silver and the pricing of SLV. Up until then it tracked very closely to SLV and the price of Silver. Within a couple hundredths of a % intraday and daily. Curious that the one item which allows for delivery would under perform if there was an imminent default.

The kids never bought it. Never had a premium to SLV the days of trading the CEF discount/premium are long gone.
I looked around and the kids didn't seem to know that PSLV was a thing and what the difference was to SLV. They are working it out slowly. We assume they know way more than they do, all they know is silver + they want to "stick it to the man"... really it stops about there for most of them.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Yeah, that is a little bit of a red flag for me. Canada is the "wild west" for mining companies IMO.
Cultural thing. When you say Wild West to Americans, greater than 50% of us kind of like that. :)

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Cultural thing. When you say Wild West to Americans, greater than 50% of us kind of like that. :)
Sure, but count your fingers after every handshake!

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
I looked around and the kids didn't seem to know that PSLV was a thing and what the difference was to SLV. They are working it out slowly. We assume they know way more than they do, all they know is silver + they want to "stick it to the man"... really it stops about there for most of them.

This has nothing to do with Wall Street Bets or the kids. Something strange is going on.

Voodoo

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling