• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

The Lunatic Fringe - Trading talk.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

oldgaranddad

Platinum Bling
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
All I can tell you is that PM wholesale and retail sales have gone thru the roof, and apparently having reached escape velocity, are now on their way into orbit. fwiw...

BeefJerky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Yes...

"The ETF's are the shorts"

Not sure I see why this would be yet?
Were the etf's created to absorb small investor dollar demand for silver?

These banks running the etf's obviously consider the metal in them their own. They use the ounce in custody to sell an ounce. Neutral price suppression and additional profit center. Works until it doesn't.

Of course the entities are separate. But ultimately fall under mutual control. Silver didn't get so oversold by itself.

Hopefully the crooks get fucked before I am dead.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Were the etf's created to absorb small investor dollar demand for silver?

These banks running the etf's obviously consider the metal in them their own. They use the ounce in custody to sell an ounce. Neutral price suppression and additional profit center. Works until it doesn't.

Of course the entities are separate. But ultimately fall under mutual control. Silver didn't get so oversold by itself.

Hopefully the crooks get fucked before I am dead.
They where probably designed to create a stock pile that is accessible come what may.

Looking like they just may be hoisted by their own petard.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
BTW... isn't this their whole purpose in life?

"encouraging retail investors to purchase silver and shares of Silver ETPs"

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
I WONT LOSE TO MUCH SLEEP OVER WALL STREET BANKERS OR HEDGE FUNDS. WE ALREADY KNOW THEY ARE TO BIG TO FAIL. Opps, sorry bout the caps.
So Jamie diamond meets with Biden administration last week. What came of that? What could that have been about?
Silver and making sure Biden got JP Morgans back when they continue to short years worth of supply to manipulate the price down?

Maybe JP Morgans Boat full of Blow? Hoping Hunter will release the shipment?

Whatever the reason, it wont be good for the little people.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
So Jamie diamond meets with Biden administration last week. What came of that? What could that have been about?
Another executive order? Silver essential etc... I dunno, nuthin would surprise after 2020.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Well silver is getting frisky this morning, and platinum is getting the straight up proverbial boner. Let's see if the Comex boys have the will and/or juice to cap today's momentum like they did pretty much all of last week.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Well silver is getting frisky this morning, and platinum is getting the straight up proverbial boner. Let's see if the Comex boys have the will and/or juice to cap today's momentum like they did pretty much all of last week.
...and gold is down. AGAIN.

The suppression is getting old AF.

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Another executive order? Silver essential etc... I dunno, nuthin would surprise after 2020.
Biden has been in the pocket of Wall Street forever. While some of these politicians are downright stupid they have ways of conducting their affairs no one would ever know about.

Voodoo

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Great minds...

https://www.goldismoney2.com/threads/nowon-brought-this-re-silver.437359/post-2118962

ETFs whining about people driving up the value of their underlying asset by investing with them. Gosh, I wonder why that's considered a "Risk Condition". Is it because they're also hedging that same physical asset...WHICH THEY SOLD TO INVESTORS...by shorting them with paper? Sounds a whole lot like fraud to me. These things exist to contain the price of silver.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
ETFs whining about people driving up the value of their underlying asset by investing with them. Gosh, I wonder why that's considered a "Risk Condition".
It seems to me that they are referring to the inability to stay backed by silver as the risk condition. Which obviously begs the question how is the price low enough to create that problem.

Is it because they're also hedging that same physical asset...WHICH THEY SOLD TO INVESTORS...by shorting them with paper? Sounds a whole lot like fraud to me. These things exist to contain the price of silver.
If it is hedging, which it should be, then they are price neutral which is, after all. the idea. If it isn't hedging then there would be a paper trail a mile wide and serious malpractice questions to be answered. I suspect that it is short to very short term hedging to cover the logistics of issuing new shares.

I think that the ETF's are hostages to the system as much as anyone, all they care about is keeping the price inline with silver, meeting their regulatory requirements and collecting their fees.

IMO the way that the futures market operates is where the 'crime' occurs.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
IF I had one I would advance it. No clue that's why I keep asking why a tracker fund for all intents and purposes is no longer tracking.
It's getting hard to achieve...? You have to assume supply issues!

Voodoo

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
It seems to me that they are referring to the inability to stay backed by silver as the risk condition. Which obviously begs the question how is the price low enough to create that problem.

If it is hedging, which it should be, then they are price neutral which is, after all. the idea. If it isn't hedging then there would be a paper trail a mile wide and serious malpractice questions to be answered. I suspect that it is short to very short term hedging to cover the logistics of issuing new shares.

I think that the ETF's are hostages to the system as much as anyone, all they care about is keeping the price inline with silver, meeting their regulatory requirements and collecting their fees.

I think you are right but they need to be putting their weight out on the regulators and markets, not the little guy who doesn't read the prospectus. I mean if that's how they want to collect some fees, or just go find a new market to skim.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
February Delivery

Gold 32,100 (exceeds December) with 3111 left on the table.
Silver 1,835 with 406 left on the table.

bemac

Midas Member
Midas Member

If the goal is to try to maintain a low price of silver until physical demand subsides, it is one hellava beach ball they're attempting to hold under water. If/when they fail, silver price will rise very sharply and very quickly.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
If the goal is to try to maintain a low price of silver until physical demand subsides, it is one hellava beach ball they're attempting to hold under water. If/when they fail, silver price will rise very sharply and very quickly.
The ETF's make more money @ a higher price.

IMO this is the same old JPM routine on the futures market.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
It really looks like the SLV futures thing is just so much bullshit...

...so the next question is -->

Did he mean the "authorized participants" or the custodian? Then if so why?

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
The Perth Mint shutdown.

Some people are making a thing of this, I have no clue why?! Looks legit to me.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SCHEDULED MAINTENANCE

Dear Depositor,

I am writing to advise you of upcoming scheduled maintenance to The Perth Mint Depository Online (DOL) platform and Perth Mint websites during which time you will be unable to access your online account.
This maintenance period will apply from 5.00pm AWST (GMT+8) Friday 26 February until 7.30am Monday 1 March 2021.

What does this mean for you?
For the duration of the maintenance window your DOL account will be unavailable. This includes access to all services including login, buy/sell trades, limit orders, fund deposits or withdrawals, and freight and collection requests.
We apologise in advance for any inconvenience that may be caused.

Is my account secure?
Please be assured that your account and holding will remain secure and unaffected. Scheduled maintenance is necessary to ensure the platform performs at optimum levels.
Full access will be reinstated at 7:30am AWST on Monday 1 March.

Further information
Further information including FAQs is available from perthmint.com/maintenance.
To speak to a member of our Depository team please contact us on +61 8 9421 7250. We will be available to assist on Tuesday 2 March, following the Labour Day public holiday. You can contact us on (+61 8) 9421 7250 from Tuesday 2 March, 8am to 5pm AWST. Alternatively email us at depository@perthmint.com

Kind regards,

Caroline Campbell-Watt

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Just a reminder of where we are in this thing and just how unloved these miners really are!

2010 with POG @ 1200 ish GDXJ was @ 110 ish... over double the current level with gold hanging @ 1800ish.

GDXJ Monthly with Gold over it.

Untitled1.jpg

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
It's getting hard to achieve...? You have to assume supply issues!
OK so at the risk of sounding really stupid I have to ask this question. Why would the supply or the lack of it hold down the price of PSLV if the underlying asset of the fund is going up in price? I would expect SLV and PSLV to go up or down close to the same % basis daily just like they have been doing for pretty much as long as I have been watching.

Is it safe to assume that if you don't intend to take delivery of Silver via PSLV and just buy/hold to take advantage of the movement in the price of Silver it is just better to do it via SLV?

Since there are obviously supply issues at least in the amounts the small retail trader would buy then it follows PSLV is probably the worst way to play a SHTF scenario. IF PSLV isn't going up now what happens in a year or two?

There has to be a reason for the under performance and it ain't the Diaper Dudes.