• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

The Lunatic Fringe - Trading talk.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame

chieftain

Too much pawpcorn
How do they define "news"?

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
How do they define "news"?
I think they just define MSM publishers of news... but the net is actually cast wider than that with the wording. aka MyBlog!

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
1613671859688.png

1613671881442.png

1613672084885.png

Shocked. <yawn> Guys on WSS are going long sprott and stacking puts on the JPM managed scams SLV/SIVR. Net inflows of physical vs net outflows of physical will do that.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Shocked. <yawn> Guys on WSS are going long sprott and stacking puts on the JPM managed scams SLV/SIVR. Net inflows of physical vs net outflows of physical will do that.
Awwwww..... that's cute. LOL.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
PSLV another 3.4M ounces added yesterday. Up to just under 113M ounces total.
It's siting @ about 1/6 of SLV, it will be interesting to see if that gap closes.

Voodoo

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
It's siting @ about 1/6 of SLV, it will be interesting to see if that gap closes.
It will leap SLV by orders of magnitude. But it will happen almost all at once. That is assuming that SLV is a farce, and I think that's a fairly safe assumption.

Voodoo

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling

gnome

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Selling puts on RIOT and MARA. Fat premiums.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
It will leap SLV by orders of magnitude. But it will happen almost all at once. That is assuming that SLV is a farce, and I think that's a fairly safe assumption.
Yeah, no. It's a long way from a safe assumption. There has to be collusion between way too many parties for it to happen. It's a goldbug myth.

Voodoo

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Yeah, no. It's a long way from a safe assumption. There has to be collusion between way too many parties for it to happen. It's a goldbug myth.
SLV steadily declines with time due to the costs alone. Hedging some paper risks with SLV put options is not necessarily a bad idea. If it completely falls apart, bonus.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
That's a great idea but the time value loss on the puts could screw you. There are no good ways to short these ETF's and that is by design.
So you are saying you can't lend SLV and sell it short? Why? There must be margined positions so there should be stock available for loan, same as everything else.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
SLV steadily declines with time due to the costs alone. Hedging some paper risks with SLV put options is not necessarily a bad idea. If it completely falls apart, bonus.
All ETF's do, don't they?

Voodoo

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
All ETF's do, don't they?
Sure but some a lot more than others. I once looked into seeing if I could short the 3x bull and 3x bear ETF's at the same time. Nope.

1613687755236.png

Clearly this trade would work better with 1,000 oz bars of the real stuff.

Last edited:

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Those that can do maths know when and where the metals are being manipulated.

1613696945944.png

Short silver before NY scumbags start "trading", go long as soon as they stop rigging...I mean close. Wait till the next day, rinse repeat. Profit.

Asian markets up, Euro markets level it off, NY monkey hammers. ...particularly when they're trying to persuade people to roll over futures rather than take delivery in the crimex commodity paper exchange. The people with vaults filled with silver don't want to part with physical for measly spot and why should they, when they can get people to accept paper they can print.
That's a great idea but the time value loss on the puts could screw you. There are no good ways to short these ETF's and that is by design.
It's a bold play. Not for me, but I stopped trading paper years ago.

solarion

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
LMAO ...the carnage at SLV continues...and intensifies...

1613701555246.png

Sorry for those uninformed individuals that were long this sham.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
LMAO ...the carnage at SLV continues...and intensifies...

View attachment 202264

Sorry for those uninformed individuals that were long this sham.
SLV - (Green) against PSLV (Silver)

Index to 100 at the inception of PSLV.

As an objective and measurable fact you'd have been ~9% better off in SLV over that period. Any asshole can cherry pick their data to suit their argument. Of the two funds SLV has tracked Silver more closely. The only time that PSLV has beaten SLV is in the very very recent past. So, lets stay with the facts.... eh?

Untitled.jpg

@solarion we don't do your sort of dogma on this thread. Come up with something real or fuck off.... please, you have the whole of GIM to piss around with unprovable claims. The folk here are wanting to feed family's and secure retirements, they are big boys and girls, they understand the risks and they are not betting the farm on any one outcome here. Dogma isn't helping them and they are not really that interested in it. Barking up the wrong tree pal.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Anyway all that said... IF you want to play an ETF then play PSLV when it has a low premium or a discount because the silly fuckers that buy it have pushed it to a 40% premium in the past and they may well be stupid enough to do that again in the future. When the sheep bah it is your duty to shear them!

Voodoo

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
SLV - (Green) against PSLV (Silver)

Index to 100 at the inception of PSLV.

As an objective and measurable fact you'd have been ~9% better off in SLV over that period. Any asshole can cherry pick their data to suit their argument. Of the two funds SLV has tracked Silver more closely. The only time that PSLV has beaten SLV is in the very very recent past. So, lets stay with the facts.... eh?

View attachment 202270

@solarion we don't do your sort of dogma on this thread. Come up with something real or fuck off.... please, you have the whole of GIM to piss around with unprovable claims. The folk here are wanting to feed family's and secure retirements, they are big boys and girls, they understand the risks and they are not betting the farm on any one outcome here. Dogma isn't helping them and they are not really that interested in it. Barking up the wrong tree pal.
Pick a different time frame. Yes, there was a long period of time where they had a 20-30% premium, and no that should not happen but you have no idea what caused the situation.. Im guessing it was a regulation problem and they weren't able to issue shares. Easy solution, do not buy when its a huge premium, instead buy heavy when its a discount to physical.

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Pick a different time frame. Yes, there was a long period of time where they had a 20-30% premium, and no that should not happen but you have no idea what caused the situation.. Im guessing it was a regulation problem and they weren't able to issue shares. Easy solution, do not buy when its a huge premium, instead buy heavy when its a discount to physical.

So what would you do now? While we are well off the bottom in the terms of the price of Silver my guess is we are miles from the ultimate top. Switching back and forth and bouncing in and out will cause major tax problems.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
Pick a different time frame.
I picked several and more often that not SLV was on top, regardless, MY POINT is that is exactly what @solarion is doing. Cherry picking and bragging about it. Kinda stupid no?

+ trading @ a big premium/discount to silver is a sign that the fund is being mismanaged... it should track the metal, no more, no less.

Last edited:

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Site Supporter ++
GIM Hall Of Fame
So what would you do now? While we are well off the bottom in the terms of the price of Silver my guess is we are miles from the ultimate top. Switching back and forth and bouncing in and out will cause major tax problems.
I need something like a 20% + correction to begin to make it worthwhile.

Voodoo

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
I need something like a 20% + correction to begin to make it worthwhile.
PSLV is trading at a 1.38% premium tonight. 100 oz bars are available at like a 19% premium. Hence, I have added some shares of PSLV. SLV is not worth the additional potential risk for a measly few potential bases points in better performance.

Voodoo

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling