• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

The Lunatic Fringe - Trading talk.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We were here about 15 years ago, weren't we? Finally got back to here. I was stacking nickels, lol.
Yes, we stacked a good bit. Asymmetrical risk/reward is the best part. Downside = 0. Upside = ??.

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Off GBTC. MARA RIOT NCTY

By pure luck I got into MARA Monday evening. Up nice along with these other two yesterday so far strong pre today especially the Chinese stock 11% this morning. Seems like MARA is the purest Bitcoin play. Anyone interested in these? Not interested in adding unless Bitcoin retests 50-52K and these stocks retrace. Feels like we are getting close to a parabolic move up again in BTC.

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looking good.

Attachments

• EwHqGrzXAAI--9V.jpg
    EwHqGrzXAAI--9V.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 22

gnome

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, we stacked a good bit. Asymmetrical risk/reward is the best part. Downside = 0. Upside = ??.

Yeah, the only downside risk is tripping over your doorstopper. On the other hand, big opportunity cost to sitting on an "investment" that is only now back ITM.
But this time it's different....seriously!

gnome

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Off GBTC. MARA RIOT NCTY

By pure luck I got into MARA Monday evening. Up nice along with these other two yesterday so far strong pre today especially the Chinese stock 11% this morning. Seems like MARA is the purest Bitcoin play. Anyone interested in these? Not interested in adding unless Bitcoin retests 50-52K and these stocks retrace. Feels like we are getting close to a parabolic move up again in BTC.

I am selling puts on MARA and buying 1 or 2 shares at a time with the premium. So far so good.

The RIOT put I sold as BTC was crashing is finally working out. Originally sold the $60 strike... $8 premium, so $52 breakeven. Got assigned well below that. Now trading at $57, sold the March 19 $77 strike for another $3 premium. So cost basis now around $49.
So, I'm up 15% in a few weeks, but I've aged about a year.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I feel privileged to post and read this thread with you fine folks.

[ IBTL ]

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't posted any charts in a while. WTT is currently holding SleepNumber, up 146.48% since purchase.

mdIrtbzc.png

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Holding PLAY, up 96.25% since purchase.

QAmLwf5V.png

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We purchased LDL late (long story) but we're still up 67.11% since purchase.

6AH6JwaE.png

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, the only downside risk is tripping over your doorstopper. On the other hand, big opportunity cost to sitting on an "investment" that is only now back ITM.
But this time it's different....seriously!

Bitcoin approaching the ATH these stocks have had a crazy run the past two days well off the mornings highs. Out.

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I am selling puts on MARA and buying 1 or 2 shares at a time with the premium. So far so good.

The RIOT put I sold as BTC was crashing is finally working out. Originally sold the $60 strike... $8 premium, so $52 breakeven. Got assigned well below that. Now trading at $57, sold the March 19 $77 strike for another $3 premium. So cost basis now around $49.
So, I'm up 15% in a few weeks, but I've aged about a year.

I thought Bitcoin was volatile. :tex:This shit is the Wild West.

gnome

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Bitcoin approaching the ATH these stocks have had a crazy run the past two days well off the mornings highs. Out.
I'm a buyer if btc falls back to $50k

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
House passed the stimulus bill for lack of a better word. Joe Mentia to sign off on Friday. Probably gonna take him that long to find a pen. C'mon man send me ma money.:p

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Would be kinda nice of you to let us know BEFORE you make all the profits!
:belly laugh:
I'm running a non-discretionary trading system called Weekend Trend Trader (WTT) that is laid out in a book of the same name by author Nick Radge. If you were to search around you could find it, and I think it is for sale on Amazon.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
According to some data online and also from some conservative YouTube channels it appears some whales have been dumping Bitcoin into this rally last night and today.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What lock?
The Ides of March. For about an hour yesterday I was getting a database error message @ GIM2. For a minute there I thought that was it.

Reactions: Zed

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
The Ides of March. For about an hour yesterday I was getting a database error message @ GIM2. For a minute there I thought that was it.

Oh yeah, I hit that as well. Damn Russian hackers!

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
According to some data online and also from some conservative YouTube channels it appears some whales have been dumping Bitcoin into this rally last night and today.

Follow the crypto subject on twatter, they normally issue alerts when whales move.

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I must have been trying to get in at the same time I got it too.

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Follow the crypto subject on twatter, they normally issue alerts when whales move.

Saw it there. There are some good traders on Twitter. I prefer to make my own mistakes.

gnome

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Could be in that range. Cruel would be 38K. Gonna watch everything for a while.

Yes, definitely possible. My crystal ball says bitcoin somewhere between $0 and $1M.

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks tasty.

Attachments

• iWk-EoT2.jpg
    iWk-EoT2.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 20

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Saw it there. There are some good traders on Twitter. I prefer to make my own mistakes.

Sure, but they watch the blockchain activity daily and talk about whales moving X amount etc. Might be good to know.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Now the $64 question is how much stimmy money is going to go into silver? Give a whole bunch of rebellious silver loving kids some extra money when they're living at home and what do you think's going to happen? There might not be a whole lot of them in the grand scheme of things but there might just be enough to make a difference.

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sure, but they watch the blockchain activity daily and talk about whales moving X amount etc. Might be good to know.

I keep up with it over there. There is an Asian guy who posts frequently and I follow something called Whale Maps I think. Some of the info is on alt coins which I really have no interest in

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Now the $64 question is how much stimmy money is going to go into silver? Give a whole bunch of rebellious silver loving kids some extra money when they're living at home and what do you think's going to happen? There might not be a whole lot of them in the grand scheme of things but there might just be enough to make a difference.

I guess some coin dealers will make a few bucks other than that since the world knew the bill would be passed you would think this news is already reflected in the market. We'll see the money won't hit for a couple of weeks anyway.

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Taking down the bullion banks with da stimmy.

Attachments

• istockphoto-1133024077-612x612.jpg
    istockphoto-1133024077-612x612.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 18

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Wall Street Silver w/ Greggory Mannarino.

DHAWK

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
Hey ya'll. I'm not a chartist but have been looking at this monthly gold.
Is this chart bearish? We seem to be bouncing off da 38%, but da Macd is crossing down?

1615424300132.png