• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

The Lunatic Fringe - Trading talk.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Random post to give Zed reading material.

That about sums up sentiment around here!

We are done.

Nobody can be arsed with this anymore.

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
That about sums up sentiment around here!

We are done.

Nobody can be arsed with this anymore.
C'mon man, 1000 pages or bust!

But seriously, when the heck is the PM space gonna wake up?:oops:

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
Gold is slow to go up right now because we are still in the early stages of this bull market, with much more time and price to go. Moves always start slow, with most of the gains occuring at the final stage of the move. What is the saying? 80% of the gains in the final 20% of time?
So, to me, this is actually a good thing. Big $$$$$$$ ahead! IMO. This is a good time to pick up quality miners at good prices.

gnome

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Casual observation from 30,000 feet- Probably not until vaporcoin vaporizes.
But what about alt-vaporcoin? It's whack-a-mole economics.

Reactions: Zed

Jodster

Always wrong
Silver Miner
Reaction score
JPM just bought a shit-ton of platinum? Palladium?
I’m calling the bottom yesterday!
however I’m usually wrong. Your mileage may vary ...

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
But seriously, when the heck is the PM space gonna wake up?:oops:

When you look @ deliveries across the last year or so you'd be forgiven for thinking that the price must be on fire.... but no.

It makes no real sense.

It should resolve... eventually.

Logically that should mean an aggressive move.

Oliver's momentum analysis suggests as much.

April delivery? or June? or...

Who knows?

nowon

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter ++
Reaction score
20210317_023135.jpg

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
March Silver is up to 10,139 contracts delivered exceeding last Decembers 9,337.

1,066 are still open in March.

Not bad for a March.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Last edited:

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I got involved with precious metals a long time ago and was always told to have patience they will go higher bull market yada yada. Wanna see a big ass bull market? Bitcoin. Bull market price go up bear market price go down. My God even the Uranium stocks laugh at the miners and the metals.

Powell created a little tail wind yesterday. Bitcoin and the metals up let's see which stays up.

DHAWK

Seeker
Seeker
Reaction score
I got involved with precious metals a long time ago and was always told to have patience they will go higher bull market yada yada. Wanna see a big ass bull market? Bitcoin. Bull market price go up bear market price go down. My God even the Uranium stocks laugh at the miners and the metals.

Powell created a little tail wind yesterday. Bitcoin and the metals up let's see which stays up.
I should bought HD and DPZ back a few years instead of these damn miners. :surrender:

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
What Michael Oliver mentioned in his interview that dpong posted:
Miners strongly outperforming gold on this move up. So far, a good sign that the correction is over.
sc.png

Last edited:

Jodster

Always wrong
Silver Miner
Reaction score
What Michael Oliver mentioned in his interview:
Miners strongly outperforming gold on this move up. So far, a good sign that the correction is over.
View attachment 204937
Jelly, Jr's still seem to be trailing the big boys this morning. So the smaller fish follow the bigger fish in this sense?
Wondering if the Jr.'s have more downside, or this is a good entry point.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Hard to hold onto the mining sector when everything else is going up. I probably won't be selling anything but also won't be adding anymore. There's just better places to put money to work than the miners and if and when they do decide to perform I can always jump in for the ride.

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
IF you needed any more confirmation. Legislate against success. Let's start by reducing Congressional pay in relation to what good they have ever done. Put these fockers on the bread line.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Screen Shot 2021-03-18 at 12.21.53 PM.png

Carrion Crow

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Sr Midas Supporter +++
Reaction score
IF you needed any more confirmation. Legislate against success. Let's start by reducing Congressional pay in relation to what good they have ever done. Put these fockers on the bread line.

If they really wanted to reduce high CEO pay, do away with stock buybacks.

But of course, that doesn't bring in more taxes with "the Tax Excessive CEO Pay Act. Where companies whose CEOs make more than 50 times the pay of the median worker would face a tax increase. On top of the 21% corporate tax rate, the tax penalties would start at 0.5 percentage points and rise to 5 percentage points for companies that pay their CEOs more than 500 times the pay of the median worker..."

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
I can't find it now but did anyone else hear about .gov forcing people to put $ into 401K funds. Seems a nice way to trap people, support a market long term and when it crashes everyone will scream and .gov will take the digits and bring us the solution of UBI..........

Thought it was on Zerohedge or Bongino.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
I can't find it now but did anyone else hear about .gov forcing people to put $ into 401K funds. Seems a nice way to trap people, support a market long term and when it crashes everyone will scream and .gov will take the digits and bring us the solution of UBI..........

They will probably make them buy UST's! Summin similar was proposed here a while back, waiting for it to rear is ugly head again.

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
They will probably make them buy UST's! Summin similar was proposed here a while back, waiting for it to rear is ugly head again.

Absolutely make 'em all buy 30 year Bonds.

Jodster

Always wrong
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Hard to hold onto the mining sector when everything else is going up. I probably won't be selling anything but also won't be adding anymore. There's just better places to put money to work than the miners and if and when they do decide to perform I can always jump in for the ride.
Cigar, let’s go deeper.
People see the mining sector as a dud, as crypto and tech sectors balloon.
That’s the focus of a day-trader. Someone who wants to profit now, using the flavour of the day.
However there is a class of investor that likes to load and hold. My average stock retention is 9 years. Yeah you heard that right.
So as much as this thread is full of heavyweight traders like Zed and Pong and the plethora of guys that function on this shit, there’s also Slow Poke Rodriguez.
some of us want to throw a grand at a penny stock and hope for a 10 bagger.
maybe that takes 5 years or 10 years or more. Idk. But there is that aspect of the market that is truly interested in the hold-and-wait investment structure.
hopefully we can contribute to this thread as much as those that function on a minute chart.
we also value those of you that work in a compressed time frame. You will be the ones that help us catch a falling knife.
overall it’s a bad idea, but occasionally we catch the knife without damage to the knife or ourselves. Cheers.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
some of us want to throw a grand at a penny stock and hope for a 10 bagger.

I knew a trader, many years ago, who was loaded. He, like many others, saw that Uranium was going to be a good trade. It was mostly penny stocks at the time, he had no clue who was the pick of the litter and who was going to hit the wall. He put 50K a piece into ten of the better looking ones, put it in the bottom draw and waited. He lost 60% of them, 20% of them did OK, 20% of them made the trade. 2c to $12 in one case... needless to say he didn't miss the losers, they where the cost of entry as far as he was concerned.

That's one way to approach the market when you don't know how to play it.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Trading pretty flat down here in gold stocks.

Jodster

Always wrong
Silver Miner
Reaction score
I knew a trader, many years ago, who was loaded. He, like many others, saw that Uranium was going to be a good trade. It was mostly penny stocks at the time, he had no clue who was the pick of the litter and who was going to hit the wall. He put 50K a piece into ten of the better looking ones, put it in the bottom draw and waited. He lost 60% of them, 20% of them did OK, 20% of them made the trade. 2c to $12 in one case... needless to say he didn't miss the losers, they where the cost of entry as far as he was concerned.

That's one way to approach the market when you don't know how to play it.
Zed, was the net outcome positive or negative for said individual?
Reason I ask is because our “financial advisor” didn’t know his arse from his armpit. We basically picked from a dartboard and he collected his 3% from our RRSP’s. Win or lose, Shylock got 3%.
We hauled it all out and threw it into Questrade. So it’s like raw-dogging a hooker in Vegas; it may not be a good idea but at least I’ll have fun doing it!
So I’m piling some retirement money into silver Jr. miners. Mostly penny stocks. Probably not a good idea but at least I’ll have fun doing it.
this thread hopefully helps me time some things and make some not-so-stupid decisions.
Many a lurker thanks this collective’s time and effort for keeping us informed.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Zed, was the net outcome positive or negative for said individual?
Reason I ask is because our “financial advisor” didn’t know his arse from his armpit. We basically picked from a dartboard and he collected his 3% from our RRSP’s. Win or lose, Shylock got 3%.
We hauled it all out and threw it into Questrade. So it’s like raw-dogging a hooker in Vegas; it may not be a good idea but at least I’ll have fun doing it!
So I’m piling some retirement money into silver Jr. miners. Mostly penny stocks. Probably not a good idea but at least I’ll have fun doing it.
this thread hopefully helps me time some things and make some not-so-stupid decisions.
Many a lurker thanks this collective’s time and effort for keeping us informed.

He pulled somewhere in the 20M range out of one trade, he invested ~ 500K total. I forget what the other big winner did but yeah... it worked out nicely, only took about 3-4years, again I'm not sure of his entry date.

I'm not saying that gold stocks will do as well, but there will be some big winners.

gnome

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

For self-employed folks, Solo 401K is great vehicle. Much higher contribution limits than Roth IRA (which is also good). With the solo 401k you can choose standard contributions, which are pre-tax OR Roth contributions which grow with zero capital gains tax. Buy and sell whatever the f you like in there with no worry about what the capital gains rate will be when you withdraw. Can also give yourself a loan whenever, like for investments and stuff.

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like they have done all the damage they can do to the pm complex. There are 3 bottoms in SLV on the daily chart and $1675 support in Gold. Going to risk closes under $25 Silver and $1675 Gold.

SILJ under 13.

CCJ coming back into previous top risking to a close under $17.

Sentiment is so bad in the pm market it is most probably bottom. You have to think at some point the reality of the current situation has to take hold. Look at the prices of HL CDE SILJ. Well off the Sept Nov lows.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
About 2 weeks ago Oil was doing great so my WTT system bought about 9 different small oil/energy companies - stock priced between $1 and $20. Boy is my ars sore.

rkqkkbm0.png

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like make or break time on that chart.