• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

The Lunatic Fringe - Trading talk.

Zed

Silbur!!!
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Silver is taking a beating out of proportion to the other PMs in Asian trading. Has the smell of TPTB doing a little advance legwork trying to keep sentiment down as the week opens. Maybe the tinfoil is permanently stuck to my head but this crap seems awfully predictable at this point.

Only a handful of trading days to delivery!

Jodster

Always wrong
Silver Miner
Reaction score
What do you mean self destruct?

They will want rates low and the market could have other ideas. The ONLY thing they can do to keep them low is buy them all, default is off the table. If they did buy them all they could put a line through the debt and start again... but it would be @ higher rates. If they did buy them all it would be flat out monetization of the debt and it would be highly inflationary.

As for the gold...

1. What gold? No one has seen it for ever so that is a legit concern.

2. They'd need more, not less, to inspire some confidence in the currency... mind you if they keep rates low against the market confidence will be shot, maybe even to the point that reserve status becomes shaky. I dunno on that point, you still have the deepest financial system.

So I dunno that they have much they can really do... practically, besides bluff.
By self destruct, I mean let the FRN go full Zimbabwe. You’re a smart lad Zed. You realize we’re using a privately-issued fiat currency backed by about the same as Bitcoin, as the global reserve currency.
Let the states coin their own real money, gold and silver backed, as defined in the US constitution.
It’s not impossible to shift away from a private paper currency to a gold-back crypto. But the present system must die a violent death first. To monetize the debt, gold will have to start at 10k but more realistically be $30k to even think of monetizing the existing debt.

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score

gnome

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah... cherry picked, starts in a natural upswing in temperature, one that so far has produced cooler temps that some prior to it. Frankly that shit just pisses me off, it means nothing.
It starts with the global instrumental temperature record. There were no consistent global temperature records before the late 1800s. Otherwise you have to go with reconstructions of past temperatures, which is fine, it's just not a consistent dataset.

We'll know by midcentury whether the divergence is significant or we revert to a pattern where there is a clear direct relationship between sunspots and temperatures.

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
Interesting observation on silver. For the past several months silver has been dancing with the 50-DMA. Sometimes below it, sometimes above it, but always bouncing off of it.

Attachments

• sc.png
    sc.png
    28.7 KB · Views: 51

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
GIM ballz deep Silver. Send it.

Attachments

• ExKAuLAW8AAo5TH.png
    ExKAuLAW8AAo5TH.png
    299.9 KB · Views: 35

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Heels Up

Attachments

• ExIjIv6VgAM03LI.jpg
    ExIjIv6VgAM03LI.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 41

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My Weekend Trend Trader portfolio is down 5.41% *today*.

At this moment, I'm uncertain if waiting is indeed the hardest part. ;(

[Could be it is losing. Maybe.]

D-FENZ

Gold Chaser
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
Can't jump the signal even if it proves right in this case.
Of course it goes without saying, but like all trading systems, they work until they don't.

Reactions: Zed

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Generating losses from time to time doesn't mean the system doesn't work. At this time a loss isn't even a given.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Can't jump the signal even if it proves right in this case.
No, man, I follow my rules. If WTIC would bounce it would help out a good bit. I hear that can sometimes be arranged. ;^)

Uglytruth

Midas Member
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
Reaction score
If silver is the short squeeze and green energy wind power & solar play....... why not Dr. Copper? It will be used in wires, motors etc. How about rare earth to make batteries & motors? Miners of those metals?

How about an inflation play. What commodity's will go up the most?

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Um what do you want for nothin?

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Best part is Oil might have bottomed last year when it went negative. They had no place to put the barrels.

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
Big picture view, I think people are getting too focused on the economy here in the US. There's alot of hope of reopening, etc.. But people seem to be ignoring europe which is seeing a 3rd wave, and more lockdowns. I suspect the pin that pops this is actually going to come from Europe.

Final thought: In the start of this pandemic people were warning of a 2nd wave. "Beware the 2nd wave!" they said. Now with a 3rd wave in europe, noone is blinking an eye. How many waves do we have to have before people realize the stock market is in crazy land?

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How many waves do we have to see before everyone sees this as the bull$hit that it is? For sure some people are getting sick but look at the survival rate and tell me the entire world needed to be shut down.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How many waves do we have to see before everyone sees this as the bull$hit that it is? For sure some people are getting sick but look at the survival rate and tell me the entire world needed to be shut down.
fb-censorship-florda-tweet.png

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Anyone notice since new pres the number going down?
Yes, the changed the test from 40x and dropped it to 25x, so yeah, it's dropping....

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
First Majestic is approaching interesting levels. IF... this could be a decent level to dribble in if you don't mind bagholding.

One more bad day might be a spot for CCJ DNN UEC and UUUU.

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Might see 47-48K Bitcoin but the move down to 51.5K earlier today might be the spot.

MARA RIOT and NCTY have gotten absolutely hammered.

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
We got a Silver hammer?

Jodster

Always wrong
Silver Miner
Reaction score
First Majestic is approaching interesting levels. IF... this could be a decent level to dribble in if you don't mind bagholding.

One more bad day might be a spot for CCJ DNN UEC and UUUU.
Y’all can thank me for this debauchery. I’ve been losing my shirt the last few days catching a falling knife.
Bought into
GDXJ
SSRM.TO
MP
REEMF
SGDM
SGDJ

So expect them to fall further. .

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Don't fret. Either we are entering a severe bear market or we are seeing capitulation.

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It won't be long.

Jodster

Always wrong
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Don't fret. Either we are entering a severe bear market or we are seeing capitulation.
Would have liked to buy in at the BOTTOM of a bear, not the top!
Only good choice so far was MP. I think I caught the bottom there; up 11% today.

News is that Graystone is going to release a THETA token trust. That shit will be fire.
Token itself is a 4 bagger in the last month and no signs of stopping. I'm guessing over 10-fold to go up, before it retraces.

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
BOHICA. Second thought just remain in that position until advised otherwise.

Attachments

• ExTSuZTXEAIwS-c.jpg
    ExTSuZTXEAIwS-c.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 7

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Number 1 in his class. Inspiring to say the least.

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Here's your UBI. Suck on $500 a month.

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
IF you think Bitcoin is going to the moon what kind of special moron would you have to be to buy a Tesla with Bitcoin?

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
In honor of Zed being on vaca I'll post a chart:

US Dollar has had a strong week. RSI is kissing 70. Last couple of times it got there it was pullback time. There is also a lot of congestion around the 93 area. Then there is the fact that we are right around the 200 day MA. These factors will likely conspire to give the dollar a rest, perhaps providing a long overdue tailwind for the PMs... we c.

screenshot_124.png

Last edited: