• "Spreading the ideas of freedom loving people on matters regarding metals, finance, politics, government and many other topics"

The Lunatic Fringe - Trading talk.

Zed

ZzzzzZzzzZzzzzz
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Zed

ZzzzzZzzzZzzzzz
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Zed

ZzzzzZzzzZzzzzz
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

gnome

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

BeefJerky

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
so when does reality hit the spot price? i thought march expiry would have at least moved the needle

People don't want silver coin. They want meme coins like Doge.

Zed

ZzzzzZzzzZzzzzz
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Zed

ZzzzzZzzzZzzzzz
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
so when does reality hit the spot price? i thought march expiry would have at least moved the needle

I wish I knew!

jelly

Silver Miner
Seeker
Reaction score
Zed, I love the Aussie gold miners, but many of them seem to be only traded in Australia. In particular the Jr. and small/micro cap Aussie gold/silver miners. Would you happen to know of ones that trade in the US as well? Not looking for an investment recommendation, just having a hard time finding these.

Reactions: Zed

savvydon

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Platinum Bling
Reaction score
Nice to see a little pep in the PM step today. This thing feels like short term it will resolve to the upside, not the down. We need to see $26 comfortably cleared in silver. For gold $1800 is a big number. We c...

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nice to see a little pep in the PM step today. This thing feels like short term it will resolve to the upside, not the down. We need to see $26 comfortably cleared in silver. For gold $1800 is a big number. We c...

Up only.

Zed

ZzzzzZzzzZzzzzz
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Zed, I love the Aussie gold miners, but many of them seem to be only traded in Australia. In particular the Jr. and small/micro cap Aussie gold/silver miners. Would you happen to know of ones that trade in the US as well? Not looking for an investment recommendation, just having a hard time finding these.

Not many list in the US, if they do it's the primary listing and we trade CDI's which is local paper representing US stock.

I'm still on holiday, and away from my computer. Off the top of my head the only company I can think of, that I like, trading in the US is Northern Star Resources and they are pink sheet listing... I think, I've never looked them up.

I'm sure there are more, one cropped up the other day that doesn't trade here at all! I can't for the life of me remember the name and I only have research on the Australian listed stuff so I'm a bit useless in that area!

I'll have a look when I get home.

Zed

ZzzzzZzzzZzzzzz
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The latest package gave big pharma immunity from prosecution for these supposed vaccines. This will be a constant income stream for these companies. Now it is a third but it has no end. You want it go ahead. No way I am taking this crap.

Zed

ZzzzzZzzzZzzzzz
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

Zed

ZzzzzZzzzZzzzzz
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
The latest package gave big pharma immunity from prosecution for these supposed vaccines. This will be a constant income stream for these companies. Now it is a third but it has no end. You want it go ahead. No way I am taking this crap.

I heard a doctor testify that the pfizer vaccine wasn't a vaccine as we define them. Because it didn't rely on an attenuated virus to trigger the body's immune response it was more a gene therapy drug than a traditional vaccine. The term gene therapy opens up a panacea for the imagination, I guess if they called it gene therapy nobody would trust it.

dpong

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Novo Resources trades as NSRPF on US markets I believe. Oh wait, that's actually a Canadian company with a mine in Australia. My bad.

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Under 58K BTC not good for the longs.

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Metals looking good this morning. Nice to see some follow through from yesterday.

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
if BC goes below 58k I will buy more

58K doesn't hold you might be buying well under that. At some point BTC has to respect these negative patterns. Probably just the shakeout before the big rally until proven otherwise. I wouldn't marry any of this stuff.

hernancortes

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Reaction score
OK why is this John Adams guy who is now huge with the silversqueeze people going scorched earth, picking fights with many a guru on twitter and implying they are frauds. A year ago how many here had even heard of John Adams.

spinalcracker

On a mail train.
Platinum Bling
Midas Supporter ++
Reaction score
58K doesn't hold you might be buying well under that. At some point BTC has to respect these negative patterns. Probably just the shakeout before the big rally until proven otherwise. I wouldn't marry any of this stuff.

it was a struggle to break the $60k barrier and maybe we are headed up to $70-75k now

no marriage here , but BC has been a stellar girlfriend!

perry

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score

Hyperinflation Alert – 78% of US Dollars created in the last 12 months – Dollar Debasement Explained​

BY GLOBALINTELHUB
MONDAY, APR 12, 2021

Global Intel Hub -- Charlotte, NC - 4/12/2021 - For those who are wondering why asset prices are continuing higher and if they will continue, here is your answer. It is a myth that markets are driven by supply and demand. Markets are manipulated and the Fed controls the money supply. When the Fed creates Trillions of dollars, that money flows into assets driving prices higher (Crypto, Stocks, Real Estate, etc.). As explained in Splitting Pennies - Monetary Policy moves markets, not traders. Take a look at this chart:

m1fred-1024x341.png

Let's first understand this simple chart. M1 is money stock. Jan 2020 there was $4 Trillion, now there is $18 Trillion. $14 Trillion was created since Jan 2020 - that's a 78% increase (14 created / 18 total).

M1Trillion
Now18
COVID QE14
Increase %78%

Does the above chart remind you of anything?

hyperinflation is a scary word on wall street. salaries have not kept pace and that's even more scarier than bungee jumping

coopersmith

for fuck sake..........
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Is it possible for the FED to suck up alot of the dollars that have been made and destroy them, and if so, what are the consequences?

Cigarlover

Midas Member
Midas Member
Midas Supporter
Reaction score
Is it possible for the FED to suck up alot of the dollars that have been made and destroy them, and if so, what are the consequences?
They could but why would they. They could just offer up negative interest rates on any and all bank accounts. That would be deflationary though and thats not what anyone in DC wants. They want inflation. and will probably even take hyperinflation. They get to pay down trillions in debt with hyper inflated dollars. Lot easier to do that than with a strong dollar.

Goldhedge

Site Mgr
Midas Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score

gnome

Midas Member
Midas Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

The levels of margin are terrifying. But that last chart (below) doesn't do much for me.

SP-500-earnngs-yield-2021.jpg

Yield has been in a long term down trend for a hundred years. So what?
With negative real interest rates, what is an investor looking for yield gonna do?

Yes, it's a risk factor, especially if bond rates start rising again - but I don't think stock yields are gonna be what tips the market one way or another.

Zed

ZzzzzZzzzZzzzzz
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
Yes... but are we at a cycle low in rates? If so the risk is huge.

Inflation protected yield? Miners of tangible needs?

Zed

ZzzzzZzzzZzzzzz
Midas Member
Sr Site Supporter
GIM Hall Of Fame
Reaction score
BTC taking a dump! I wonder what Monday holds for us?

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
BTC taking a dump! I wonder what Monday holds for us?

Lower prices than Friday is my best guess. 51K is the lowest I saw which is around the previous bottom.

Reactions: Zed

Curtman

Silver Member
Silver Miner
Reaction score
Went a little deeper than I thought. Got caught up being busy but no matter stay for the round trip or go to cash and pay the taxes.
There is a point of diminishing and return.

Lancers32

Gold Member
Gold Chaser
Site Supporter
Reaction score
BTC should try to rally back but I think it is best to wait a while before going ballz deep long. The move up to 79 in the Fear/Greed Index is not something the longs wanted to see. BTC might see mid 40's before the bottom of this reaction. Appears momentum has slowed. % wise the moves up after making new highs have gotten smaller. 58 62 65.

It looks as if the moves in the miners was the tell. Look at MARA and RIOT the past few days.